Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

change Dandy Duck coop reward

2»

Comments

• Yes it was a sweet idea  and are you being deliberately obtuse because the other scenarios you brought up are not realistic comparisons. Of course gold talks there too and that is the way of the world and people such as yourself are good with that. How long do you think football would be a sport that people paid to see if the same team won every game for years  or hockey or anything else for that matter when you know who is going to win before you even start IT IS A PROBLEM
    @Damaria3 (US1)  Thanks for the insults, feel better now? :p  Silly me for comparing different contests in the same game, how very unrealistic, I should have known that it made more sense to compare it to football or hockey. Well since you brought it up, real life sports are totally goverened by money, so in that sense all you did was prove its the same as RL not different. There have been MANY instances throughout history where different sports have been dominated by one team or one player for whole seasons or even for several years, some it is down to their extraordinary skill, but for others that is coupled with deep pockets that make it possible.... Michael Schumacher totally ruled F1 for 5 years driving for Ferrari, I don`t recall anyone saying he should have a timeout & let someone else win for a change.

Also don`t tell me what I am "good with", you do not know me or anything about what I am good with, YOU asked what was wrong with your suggestion & I told you, I did not say anything about what I think of the CC, other than it is a contest, which it is.

Well Said @RunsWivScissors (GB1)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 21.10.2016
    Well sissors first let me apologize because I don't now you personally and overstepped bounds there. On the other hand there are rules for competing and having a level playing field you cant play with more players than the other team you cant be on steroids, your equipment must be regulation and so on and so forth. Yes some teams will have more money to negotiate a better draft or trade deal. God forbid you may pay out big contract and that player is injured  that is real life. What happens in these "competitions " does not seem to me to be a level playing field not when the same teams and this appears to be no matter what server you play under win every single one where is the competition. I have said it why would anyone spend as much as some people spend for a game to say I came in first cause it sure isnt the prizes it is EGO and good for GGS bank accounts. 
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 21.10.2016
    Here are some numbers I calculated months ago now tell me duck pond is worth any effort to win.

IS the NEW duck waste of time and farm $$$.   GGS have done update, increase base from 649 to 747, so now lets compare and see if any use to anyone now.

Norm ducks get harvested 2 times a day, at lvl 8 and all book bought that is

590 eggs + 250 eggs (Book) x2 harvests x 4 ducks  = 6720 eggs

now hard to believe but I sleep so new ducks will produce

Before update 649 eggs + 250 eggs (book) x 8harvests (14hrs) = 7192 eggs

After update 747 eggs + 250 eggs (book) x 8 harvest (14hrs) = 7976

Now if u can get 8 harvests in you will be better off (1256 eggs), no work, no other chores and sit at computer for 16hrs a day you will do 7976 eggs.  But in real life u will probably only get 5, 6 or 7 harvest a day, may even be less depending on life

6 harvests is

747 eggs + 250 eggs x 6 = 5982

7 harvests is

747 eggs + 250 eggs x 7 = 6979

So if u spend 12hrs a day, every day, on your farm you will be 259 eggs a day better off, not much better and you still got to be online 12hrs a day EVERY day, so no work, no holidays(when you can harvest in morn and arvo), no getting sick, no kids.  Just live big farm

Most of us harvest ducks 2 times a day easy, as soon as u have 1 day when you can harvest old ducks twice and only able to harvest new duck 6 times or less which is standard for most of us, we are far worse off.  Now with this u also got to take into consideration destruction time of 4 duck and rebuild time and upgrade of the new Duck coop and also costs of upgrades.  

There would be very few players on this game that this duck coop is better for.  This still needs to be fixed or I advise that any co op competing and WASTING gold in CC is insane.  As you are competing for a NON prize. 
    Our co op is now in silver and there we will be staying, as NEW duck coop is RUBBISH.
    OVERVIEW: NEW DUCK POND STILL NOT WORTH BUILDING UNLESS YOU THINK YOU CAN HARVEST AT 7 TIMES EVERY DAY, IF OU CAN HARVEST 9 OR 10 TIMES THE FIGURES ARE WORSE AS THEN YOU GET 3 HARVEST OF NORM DUCKS PER DAY.  SO THE ONLY PLAYERS THIS IS GOOD FOR STILL ARE THOSE WHO CAN HARVEST 7 OR 8 TIMES EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR.
    THE ONLY WAY TO FIX IS TO MAKE IT 8HR HARVEST AS PER NORMAL DUCKS
    I now have done another set of calculations.  These are for the DIE HARD players that lives on the game, EVERY day.  This very rare player also only sleeps 6hrs a day, so is very dedicated to their farm.  Has no other life.

This player wakes up at 6AM and goes to bed at midnight and harvest every 2 hrs, (6am,8am,10am,12pm,2pm,4pm,6pm,8pm,10pm and 12am) giving this person 10 harvests of new ducks.
    same player old ducks harvest (6am,2pm and 10pm) although old ducks he can get 2hrs extra sleep and harvest 3 times.
    Norm ducks get harvested 3 times a day, at lvl 8 and all book bought that is
    590 eggs + 250 eggs (Book) x3 harvests x 4 ducks  = 10,080 eggs
    New ducks harvested 10 times, by our super hero player.
    747 eggs + 250 eggs x 10 = 9,970 eggs
    This makes our even super hero player 110 eggs worse off per day, if you play 16 hrs a day 9 harvest you are even worse off by another 997 eggs.
    Now with these new calculation showing that new duck coop is RUBBISH for EVERYONE,  even the most active player and I am a very active player myself
    ONLY USE IS PAPER WEIGHT
    ONLY WAY TO FIX IS BY MAKING IT 8HR HARVEST OR ABILITY TO PUT ON MULTIPLE AMOUNTS OF 2HRS SO IF AWAY YOU CAN PUT ON FOR 4,6 OR 8HRS

Edit: The excessively huge font and bold of this post have been changed to make it easier for everyone to read. The community guidelines clearly states:  Keep your posts readable. Please adhere the guidelines.  Thanks,  Rowdy
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • @Damaria3 (US1) Thankyou & no hard feelings Image result for smiley hugs  For the record, I do actually agree with you that it would be much more fun if the CC was based more on winning than on buying. My coop really enjoyed the very 1st one, despite its faults & though there have been some good improvements made, the sale of RP has pretty much ruined it for a large % of coops. I do not blame the coops that buy what is available, they are not breaking any rules & if they can afford to do it, who am I to say how they should spend their money. I  have a couple of the old trophies & some cherry orchards, but have never won an apple orchard or duckpond, I just do what I can afford to do & if that is not enough to win, so be it.... I would be surprised to see GGS change anything that would involve people using less gold.... so I can live without being #1 hehe :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I have said this before and I am going to say it again. We need to get the ego out of this game and yes it is not just an india server issue. I have read that their is more intimadation tactics there than any other server and glad I do not have to have cope with that nonsense and YOU know who you are. I am aware this is not a popular view but needs to be done.  Once you win first place you cant win for 90 days.  Yes play but the next person with highest level who did not win in the last 90 days will take the first place prize and yes they should be given a choice of prize. This will take the EGO out spread prizes and happiness to more players giving many more people a chance. Now someone tell me what is wrong with this. This will promote more spending as more people will have a chance and those who have won will still play and be able to win all the other goodies. I would like a moderator to comment and come back with an answer to this question. Lets bring FUN back to the CC
    then Buy Gold using Real Money and play!

You can't bring fun with this Coop Challenge.
    Really? For me personally I can't think of anything more stupid than buying gold with real money then throwing it all away for a duck coop that gives u a few more eggs. That same opinion applies even for the coop apple orchard, a few more apples? If u want more apples gold skip an apple orchard a few times. It will give u the same outcome for a much much cheaper price.

Many coops play the CC competitions casually, others are competitive and want to do well but will not resort to "buying the win", then there's the groups all about ego that continue to throw obscene amounts of gold and play with a win at all costs attitude even though they don't want or need the dandy duck coop. Its common for these types of teams to taunt, prank, and trash talk opponents.....colour me clueless but that doesn't sound like fun to me. This is why I think egotistical players and coops need to be separated from coops that want to earn victory through strategy and mission victories. A new division maybe that restricts teams to use either a limited amount of gold per mission OR seaweed only. 

The taunting will continue regardless of the end prize. There are some people that take this game waaaaaaay too seriously and its ruining it for the rest of us.
  • Hey guys,

A lot of posts were removed due to personal attacks and insults. Please stick to the topic of this thread & don't be rude or insult each other. If this thread gets derailed again, it will be closed. We're happy to forward your feedback but please keep it civil.

Thank you,
    Cuddly
  • edited 21.10.2016
    Hey guys,

A lot of posts were removed due to personal attacks and insults. Please stick to the topic of this thread & don't be rude or insult each other. If this thread gets derailed again, it will be closed. We're happy to forward your feedback but please keep it civil.

Thank you,
    Cuddly
    Thank You Cuddly.  Request you to remove the posts who advise others not to win CC. This is not relevant as well.
  • Hey guys,

Thank you,
    Cuddly

Sorry CuddlyFoxes and thanks for cleaning the thread up looks so much nicer now :)
  • We, Friends Company co-operative of Indian server have won all duck coop CCs and all coop challenges except 2 coop apple CC s.

We buy gold and spend gold on missions.

And we didn't expect gold seeds and gold mining licenses to play CCs.

GGS introduced them in later CCs and not in first or second CCs so why do we force GGS to reintroduce them?

Friends Company members only expect good building as top ranked coop reward and a good decs as we FC members can buy gold, but not the top ranked reward.

DDC, it is worth to have, 1070 eggs from level 9 DDC with level 5 hand book, just for 80 gold.

But, players who have placed one DDC, do not need to place the second DDC

One DDC is enough to collect any count of eggs

So, FC members like to have pool of rewards which contains DDC, coop apple orchard, new rewards ( A SPACE REDUCER, A TIME REDUCER)

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Hope you are enjoying another Dandy Duck Pond.
  • edited 22.10.2016
    Hope you are enjoying another Dandy Duck Pond.
    Yes. Added to the inventory :-(

We invite hardworking players who dont buy Gold, so we share our rewards, which GGS will not do :smiley:
  • you confuse best co op with biggest golders, there is a huge difference.  I would like to see what would happen if there was a CC where gold was banned, no wheel of fortune and no way to purchase rep points.  Then we would truly see who is the best co ops, not the biggest spenders.
  • you confuse best co op with biggest golders, there is a huge difference.  I would like to see what would happen if there was a CC where gold was banned, no wheel of fortune and no way to purchase rep points.  Then we would truly see who is the best co ops, not the biggest spenders.
    We do have players who are unable to buy gold, but they give their support to win the reward. I wish there is no WOF, or no way to purchase RP , buy Gold, but still our coop will win the CC :-)

And now with the available of coop/personal booster, you dont need to use Gold to win CCs. just need all the players cooperation and extra gaming hours.

GGS introduced the Gold Seeds in the recent CCs and not from the beginning.
  • and here I thought only God could giveth and taketh...the point is they gave players more incentive in the CCs and they added the GML and the seeds which helped in a enormous way to those who dont have deep pockets...what has happened here IMO is called "Indian giving" and that's not right...the prizes that are now in the CC are nothing short of a joke! And a little modesty is in order as well.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    you confuse best co op with biggest golders, there is a huge difference.  I would like to see what would happen if there was a CC where gold was banned, no wheel of fortune and no way to purchase rep points.  Then we would truly see who is the best co ops, not the biggest spenders.
    We do have players who are unable to buy gold, but they give their support to win the reward. I wish there is no WOF, or no way to purchase RP , buy Gold, but still our coop will win the CC :-)

And now with the available of coop/personal booster, you dont need to use Gold to win CCs. just need all the players cooperation and extra gaming hours.

GGS introduced the Gold Seeds in the recent CCs and not from the beginning.
    As byron said earlier it does come down to the biggest golders. Even if an entire coop of 50 players worked together as a team and everyone did their part you would still have no hope against a coop with 5 or more heavy golders. There was an example of this in AU server a few CC's ago where two heavy golding players contributed almost 30 million reputation points each, all by themselves. That is what I meant earlier about cheating through gold use. It may be within the rules but it is morally wrong and a pure example of buying the win. Its even more annoying coming across these players in missions where they post 30,000 produce + in 5 minutes and ruin the game for everyone else. I've been accused of being a sook in the past but you know what, I bet the majority of big game farmers (apart from these lazy golders) will agree that it ruins the competition, whats the point?
  • No buying of Gold, No sale of RPs, No WOF - Will every coop stop playing Multiple accounts & Spare accounts? It is not possible, so lets go with what GGS says.

I wish there is no any competition or challenges in which players should not use Gold. Let players use their $$$ to score RPs.

• KING KONG (BG1)KING KONG (BG1) BG1 Posts: 68
    edited 23.10.2016
    Hi guys, I would like to ask which of the three duck ponds you call "Dandy Duck."
    We have a large duck, luxurious duck and impressive duck.
    Our team has won 5 large, 1 luxurious and on the last championship- one impressive duck.

Post edited by KING KONG (BG1) on
  • edited 02.11.2016
    Taking away gold seeds - Good decision
    Take away Dandy Coop will be Awesome decision

GGS can ignore my post.

Note: GGS before taking any decisions, do some MS-Excel works.  I am talking about IN 1 server :neutral:

NEED COOPERATIVE APPLE ORCHARD AGAIN.

REASONS:

COS OF 6x6 PLOT ARRANGEMENT
    COOP APPLE
    1x1 SPACE REDUCER
    10% TIME REDUCER ON ONE BUILDING

GGS - Change Dandy Coop Reward in the coming CC. We need Coop Apple as need more $$$ upgrade

ddc.jpg 14.1K

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file