Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hunting Events - Easter Eggs (Pumpkins, Valentine Balloons, Candy, Mushrooms)

Comments

• Stinks being white/cream colorblind - gourd hiding under curb by the research laborarty

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 23.10.2016

This is the closest I could find
     Thanks to @RunsWivScissors (GB1)
    Ok, that's Flower Farm, so if I had to guess it's this one:

(The 2nd , on the bottom that is). It's still outside the fence, but it's so close that it could appear to be "On Top" of a building (or hidden behind one). I think if you go into Layout Mode and Outline View to remove all the buildings you'd see it outside the fence.

Main Farm has one similar:

That location is the bottom left plot, so if you expand the farm all the way out to that plot, that pumpkin would probably be right up against the fence.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Alongside the fence I tend to lift up the buildings I have there, just to check if there are some pumpkins hiding there. Furthermore, to find the very last pumpkins I zoom the screen up to 250%  ;):p
    When you lifted up the buildings, were there any pumpkins?
    Just found this on the FF.  Practically invisible.
    1.JPG 24.6K
  • tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    I haven't had one that close to the fence but maybe we can find it easier in outline view mode.
    Go up to the top right, select options, and then down to select outline view.

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    After reading all the other posts in which people let us know that pumpkins are hidden within our farms also (not only in the surroundings) I started doing that - but only once found 1 pumpkin inside the fence, hidden behind a building. Then again, this is only our second day.
    After reading all the other posts in which people let us know that pumpkins are hidden within our farms also (not only in the surroundings) I started doing that - but only once found 1 pumpkin inside the fence, hidden behind a building. Then again, this is only our second day.
    Oh, good grief.  More labor!!  Thanks for telling us about this, Jiesta!
  • To Artful...Thank you for coming up with this idea.  Having a central place to record locations will help balance the playing field for all.  As some has pointed out, having color blindness is a problem while the majority of others can not locate the "invisible" pumpkins.  Scrolling over every millimeter of screen does not seem to be finding them either.  Sharing the locations will help everyone and control the amount of gold being spent (which I am sure is the reason GGS did this unless this really is a "bug").  So MANY THANKS!
  • Here is a suggestion.  When highlighting an item after the member has paid cash, move the highlighted item to the very center of the screen instead of still requiring them to search for it.  If you center the screen in an area where the item is not, it makes finding it needlessly difficult.  Also, instead of making the pumkin shaped like a comma or a period, have it somewhat resemble a pumpkin!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Thanks to Gwendolen & Jess_d of the Success Team Co-Op, you can find full maps of the pumpkin locations on all 5 farms HERE.

There's probably a few out there that aren't on these maps yet, so if you find one please feel free to share it and get it updated so all can benefit.

Thanks again Gwen & Jess! :)
    To Artful...Thank you for coming up with this idea.  Having a central place to record locations will help balance the playing field for all.  As some has pointed out, having color blindness is a problem while the majority of others can not locate the "invisible" pumpkins.  Scrolling over every millimeter of screen does not seem to be finding them either.  Sharing the locations will help everyone and control the amount of gold being spent (which I am sure is the reason GGS did this unless this really is a "bug").  So MANY THANKS!
    You're welcome!
    @Southern (US1)  This is great info.  Thanks so much!!
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Thanks to Gwendolen & Jess_d of the Success Team Co-Op, you can find full maps of the pumpkin locations on all 5 farms HERE.

There's probably a few out there that aren't on these maps yet, so if you find one please feel free to share it and get it updated so all can benefit.

Thanks again Gwen & Jess! :)
    Many thanks to you & JJ too!! :)
  • I like the location maps -- thanks for the link.

But it really helps me out to see the actual screen shots with the pumpkins in place too -- helps me know what I'm looking for.

Good job to all the peeps taking the time to post them.  :)
  • tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    Using outline view from option may help when they are placed on a fence.
    Main Farm

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 24.10.2016
    The new day of pumpkin hunting has started and my question is. How are we supposed to get 35 pumpkins today when we are only allowed to find 34 between the 5 farms?
    MF = 6
    GF = 6
    FF = 7
    HR = 8
    CV = 7
    images from event window

10.png 66.2K
    Post edited by CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) on
    Absolutely great idea, @tessa17 (US1) - why didn't I think of that earlier?? THX for the TIP!!!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor thumbs up smiley
    Oh, good grief.  More labor!!  Thanks for telling us about this, Jiesta!

FYI:  Tessa17 came up with a great idea in another thread on pumpkins:

Using outline view from option may help when they are placed on a fence.

• I'm pretty sure this is because you have to wait 24 hours or a certain time before it resets the eggs and you can search for them again, like if you searched for them at 7 pm they're probably not going to be there at 6 am

• HI Guys,

The issue of pumpkins being too close to the fence (1 on flower farm and 1 on main farm) has been reported. :)
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    Hi everyone,

We have just been informed that there will be a bugfix within the next few hours to address problems with the Halloween event.
    We will forward the specific details of this fix to you as soon as they become available.  
    THANKS @Rowdy Rac
  • Ok, WTH?????  I went ahead and spent on my UK farm.   Just driving me nuts as to where that last one is hiding.    So 290 gold out the window for NOTHING AGAIN.
    The screen moved, and the now highlighted pumpkin SHOULD show up centered in this view right??????   
    When the screen moves isn't the hidden pumpkin centered in the view?  So right about in the crook in the stream is dead center but no pumpkin!
    And this time it's not midnight so no chance the day clock just changed.   
    CAN ANYONE SEE A HIGHLIGHTED PUMPKIN IN HERE?  I SURE CAN'T.

This is nuts.  I'm out.  Wasted gold for absolutely nothing.

PEOPLE!  DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS DUMB THING.
    I've circled your pumpkin.

OK, so WHY THEN did the thing zoom in, supposedly centered where it should be when it's off to the far left side?   And even highlighted I still didn't spot it.   

That's it for me.  I'm done with this pumpkin nonsense.  Today I found ONE and have to start fishing.  Usually I get down to the last one before I have to go blind hunting.   It's just not fun anymore. Too many and too badly hidden.   Now I read it may be ON the farm?   How would anyone find it now when as soon as you hover over something it highlights?   That can't be right.

EIther way I missed too many now to ever collect.  Phoey.
    It can't center the screen when the item is too far to the left, right, top or bottom for it to center without going "off the page" so to speak. If it were to center the fountain, as in the screenshot, there would have to be more image to the left of the white 2-story house, and of course there's not - the background cuts off there. So it centers it the best it can, and lights it up. 

Unfortunately in this case, the unlit pumpkin LOOKS like a feature of the fountain itself, so it's a tricky one. :)

Tl;DR - the game doesn't always center the item, but it'll put you in the general vicinity. Make sure you're zoomed in as much as possible when you use the hint to cut down on the area you have to hunt in.

{Edit: P.S. Due to a long-standing bug as explained in this message, you should be able to make up for any lost pumpkins on Day 11. No promises, since this is the first "hunt" we've had since the new farm layouts, but considering our "Day 1" was only 6 hours long again, the bug is most likely still present.}
    Ok, this is the best explanation yet.  Thanks. Makes sense.   
    But… I really wish GG would make it clearer.  Not the first time even after paying for a hint I couldn't find the thing.  Maybe if it flashed, that would be easier. 

I understand they will have some kind of bug fix at the end of this.   Too late for me. I already kinda gave up.
    I find what I find, then move on.  NO more going blind on that last one.  
    See with 10 on ONE farm it was tough enough.   Always that last one meant zooming in all the way and sifting through the entire screen inch by inch.  Now I find all the ones I can and when I go look, there's like three more left.  On ONE farm.  This happens on each one.  Not to mention I play on three servers.
    It's just not fun anymore.   

Still working towards the castle though.   But pumpkin hunt is a bust.  :(
    @tessa17 (US1)  Excellent tip!  Thanks!
    Found this one in the Village -- practically off the screen at the bottom.
    I like the location maps -- thanks for the link.

But it really helps me out to see the actual screen shots with the pumpkins in place too -- helps me know what I'm looking for.

Good job to all the peeps taking the time to post them.  :)
    I like them both.  The maps to find a general location, and the screen shots to tell what exactly it is we're looking for.

Still not putting a lot of time into these.  It's just too much.  I collect what I can and then stop.
  • ME14 (US1)ME14 (US1) US1 Posts: 47
    edited 25.10.2016
    Ok, WTH?????  I went ahead and spent on my UK farm.   Just driving me nuts as to where that last one is hiding.    So 290 gold out the window for NOTHING AGAIN.
    The screen moved, and the now highlighted pumpkin SHOULD show up centered in this view right??????   
    When the screen moves isn't the hidden pumpkin centered in the view?  So right about in the crook in the stream is dead center but no pumpkin!
    And this time it's not midnight so no chance the day clock just changed.   
    CAN ANYONE SEE A HIGHLIGHTED PUMPKIN IN HERE?  I SURE CAN'T.

This is nuts.  I'm out.  Wasted gold for absolutely nothing.

PEOPLE!  DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS DUMB THING.

Your pumkin was highlighted. On the water fountain in the middle of the houses
  • @tessa17 (US1)BRILLIANT use of Outline View!
  • Flower farm on the bench

Main Farm tucked in a pine tree

Main Farm just outside the farm

Sign In to comment.