Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hunting Events - Easter Eggs (Pumpkins, Valentine Balloons, Candy, Mushrooms)

Comments

• Tiggergirl77 (US1)Tiggergirl77 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    edited 22.10.2016
    I found ALL my pumpkins yesterday and last night at 12 midnight when they restarted I found all but 1... then this morning when I logged on I got this:

http://prntscr.com/cxjd1l   (sorry - I don't know how to make it actually come up as a picture here)

how am I supposed to get all my pumpkins if you guys don't keep my count right?  now it shows I have 68 with only one pumpkin to find?  that means i'll be one short............  this USED to be one of my favorite aspects of the game, but you've turned it into a nightmare (not a pun... I know this is for Halloween, but really?)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    The pumpkin hunting is fun, but some of those stone-colored ones are tough to find with these old eyes of mine.  ;)
                                                 We're talkin' serious eye strain here, folks! :D

I am so with you on this one John!! For me especially those white pumpkins were the tricky ones today, hiding behind a whit"ish" stone garden wall or just a whit"ish" rock. 

Within 7 hours we can search for another 35 pieces, folks! He he he Afbeeldingsresultaat voor halloween smiley small
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 22.10.2016
    Hunting games are fun, but the new format is 3.5 times the work than that of the older version with lower rewards.

It would be better if they returned it to the original 10 per day, but rotate the farms each day.

I guess they want us chained to our screens for less "pay."  I honestly think that the company has been taken over by Cruella Deville and Simon Legree. LOL!
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • I found ALL my pumpkins yesterday and last night at 12 midnight when they restarted I found all but 1... then this morning when I logged on I got this:

http://prntscr.com/cxjd1l   (sorry - I don't know how to make it actually come up as a picture here)

how am I supposed to get all my pumpkins if you guys don't keep my count right?  now it shows I have 68 with only one pumpkin to find?  that means i'll be one short............  this USED to be one of my favorite aspects of the game, but you've turned it into a nightmare (not a pun... I know this is for Halloween, but really?)
    @Tiggergirl77 (US1)  Because of the time difference, players on US1 and AU1, get an extra set of pumpkins to find at the end of these events, so you should be able to pick up the one you are missing. :)
  • There was a link which tells us about the hidden decorations and places where mushrooms or pumpkins could be
    Does anybody remember the link ?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 22.10.2016
    There was a link which tells us about the hidden decorations and places where mushrooms or pumpkins could be
    That would be in Larinos Corner, but I'm afraid it won't be of any use here, areeba, since the event has changed to all our farms.

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
    There was a link which tells us about the hidden decorations and places where mushrooms or pumpkins could be
    Are you talking about this one?  It's become a bit out of date, so I don't know how much help it will be.

https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/
    Yeah GGS need to fix this issue. Is it a professional business or amateur hour? You cant expect people to be online all the time to catch these little errors (10 hours counting as 1 day).
    Its not the first (or second time) this exact problem has happened, which makes it all the more frustrating.  You would think a reasonable person (or team) would learn from their mistakes and correct the problem.   Please, moderators, explain the confusion or correct this mess.
    As Alabaster said, the extra day at the end of the event allows players on servers such as US1 & AU1 to collect any items they missed, due to the shorter 1st day & this appears to have worked out correctly for the last few of these similar events.

I do not know if the 11th day will always be needed or why the display has not been changed to say "of 11" days, it is possible that the issue of start times/day reset times is still being worked on.  I will try to find out for you on Monday. :)
    I think that it's always said 10 days even though we get a bonus day.  The bonus day is wonderful -- that "catch up" day is a good "fix" for those of us in later time zones. :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    This is not new for these hunting/finding type events. The first day is always short but the last day is extra long. So you should be able to find those you missed the FIRST day on the last day after the reset.
  • I found all the pumpkins yesterday and it showed: 35/350
    I have found all of today's pumpkins and it shows:  68/350

Were there not 35 pumpkins today?   Another member of our co op says his meter shows 69/350
    Is this a bug?  didn't bother to add up the pumpkins on the tabs, just assumed that it would be 35 a day.
  • edited 23.10.2016
    I checked my farms Friday Night after work between 10 and 11pm (the last time I had been on was Thursday Night, Wisconsin, USA) and found the event had started. I found all the pumpkins before I went to bed and the time left showed ~9 days. It is now Saturday night ~9pm and the time left says ~8 days and there are no new pumpkins. The event still shows all the ones I collected yesterday 22 hours ago. Even if I logged on exactly after change over to day 9, my count down to day 8 should have included actually changing to day 8.

My total found is 34/350 (all farms checked green).
  • I thought once you missed some, that was it.  

Found them all today, on THIS farm.  But my other two?  forget it. Frustrated and giving up.
    I'm usually pretty good at these hunts.  And usually enjoy them.  10 on ONE farm is enough.  But I have to say, this one isn't much fun at all.  TOO MANY farms.  
    And gees people, they are hiding them amongst decor like the old veggie patch.  Then I found one BEHIND a building I had in the back row of my farm.  NO FAIR!  One I found, literally sitting ON the bottom left edge of the screen.  And you can't get the bottom bar to hide like the two side ones.  Gotta scroll that bottom edge out of the way to see if something is under that.   One I found WAY out to sea.  Now what would a pumpkin be doing out there??? Took me awhile to even find one farm, that village thing serves no purpose in game play what so ever.  Except for this I guess.

I'll usually have to spend at least once to find that last one I just can't, or if I have to leave the house and don't have time but gees, two on one farm missing, one more on another, two more on yet another… and this is still early into it.  Do I blow some 10,000 on ONE DAY?  For a dumb piece of decor that will likely be stored till NEXT YEAR because as usual GG doesn't start these in time to actually have the decor up for the holiday in question?  I think not.

I had the screen zoomed in so far you could see each leaf on every tree.  Inch by inch, around…. nope, around again… nope… try another farm, nope.  Back to the first one… nope.   Spend MORE gold? NOPE!
    GG and it's endless greed has sucked all the fun out of this.  As much as I love these one of a kind decor things, especially halloween, I think for my own sanity I need to let this go.  Just not worth the eye strain, neck ach, let alone the thought of spending what little gold I have on this dumb thing.   Better used on coop competitions, not this.

But… if this is correct, the castle is what I really like and that has nothing to do with finding pumpkins does it?  Looks like that's just plain farming and candles flying out of everything right???? Hopefully I can add to my castle collection.  THAT I leave up all year.  (So cool.) 

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 23.10.2016
    Ok, WTH?????  I went ahead and spent on my UK farm.   Just driving me nuts as to where that last one is hiding.    So 290 gold out the window for NOTHING AGAIN.
    The screen moved, and the now highlighted pumpkin SHOULD show up centered in this view right??????   
    When the screen moves isn't the hidden pumpkin centered in the view?  So right about in the crook in the stream is dead center but no pumpkin!
    And this time it's not midnight so no chance the day clock just changed.   
    CAN ANYONE SEE A HIGHLIGHTED PUMPKIN IN HERE?  I SURE CAN'T.

This is nuts.  I'm out.  Wasted gold for absolutely nothing.

PEOPLE!  DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS DUMB THING.
  • Gocup Farm (AU1)Gocup Farm (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,578
    I found all the pumpkins yesterday and it showed: 35/350

Were there not 35 pumpkins today?   Another member of our co op says his meter shows 69/350
    Is this a bug?  didn't bother to add up the pumpkins on the tabs, just assumed that it would be 35 a day.
    I have the same issue collected 35 on day one and two but it showed only 69 of 350 now on day three collected all and counter shows 104/350 which puts me one short of the current reward. I have a screen shot for both day two and three but did not realise I needed one for day one. Many others are making similar comments Can GG please offer a comment concerning this bug and how it will be corrected. Thanks
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Yeah GGS need to fix this issue. Is it a professional business or amateur hour? You cant expect people to be online all the time to catch these little errors (10 hours counting as 1 day).
    Its not the first (or second time) this exact problem has happened, which makes it all the more frustrating.  You would think a reasonable person (or team) would learn from their mistakes and correct the problem.   Please, moderators, explain the confusion or correct this mess.
    As Alabaster said, the extra day at the end of the event allows players on servers such as US1 & AU1 to collect any items they missed, due to the shorter 1st day & this appears to have worked out correctly for the last few of these similar events.

I do not know if the 11th day will always be needed or why the display has not been changed to say "of 11" days, it is possible that the issue of start times/day reset times is still being worked on.  I will try to find out for you on Monday. :)
    I think that it's always said 10 days even though we get a bonus day.  The bonus day is wonderful -- that "catch up" day is a good "fix" for those of us in later time zones. :)
    Yes, it's a bug that has existed on US1 for a long time.  We get a 6-hour "Day 1", then at the end of the event an 18-hour "Day 11".

For some reason they reset the "hunts" at Midnight EST, but the server resets (Daily Tasks and Co-Op Tree watering) at Midnight GMT. Probably just a coding error they've never cared about fixing.

The nice thing is, if you manage to find stuff during the 6-Hour "Day 1", you can miss a day and make up for it on "Day 11"; or if you don't find them all one day, you can make up for it on Day 11. (I.E., you've found 340 during Day 1 thru Day 10, then on Day 11 you can find the last 10 and still complete the event. Saves you from having to hit that "Show Me!" button and spending 100 gold. :))
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    Hi @Artmaker (GB1) the highlighted pumpkin is sitting on top of the fountain in the middle of the square.it is very plain to see...lol.

I had something similar happen to me today couldn't find my last pumpkin so spent my gold..& the screen took me to an area but couldn't see the highlighted pumpkin so back to the show me..& back I came to the same place & still couldn't see it so decided to look a bit further a field & there it was nicely highlighted off from where it should have been..lol so really pays to look around.

Good luck with the rest of your pumpkins :))
  • Yesterday's tabs were 6, 6, 7, 7, 7    33 pumpkins
    Today's tabs are  6, 6, 7, 8, 7            34 pumpkins
    It is therefore impossible to reach the 350 pumpkins
    What gives?  Are there secret pumpkins that we have to search for?  Why does it say "all pumpkins found for today"?
    edited 23.10.2016
    Many are struggling with this new hidden object format, and some of these pumpkins are in unusual places.  I thought a centralized location for our screen shots would help.  One I found was here on the FF.

Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Main farm - hidden

1.png 214.6K
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Yesterday's tabs were 6, 6, 7, 7, 7    33 pumpkins
    Today's tabs are  6, 6, 7, 8, 7            34 pumpkins
    It is therefore impossible to reach the 350 pumpkins
    What gives?  Are there secret pumpkins that we have to search for?  Why does it say "all pumpkins found for today"?
    I'm having also an issue here. Yesterday I could find 35 pumpkins, but today only 34 are available? Are there going to be some days more than 35 then? Or is this a bug?
    For me,
      yesterday's tabs were 6, 6, 7, 8, 8    35 pumpkins
      today's tabs are          6, 6, 7, 8, 7    34 pumpkins

Please, help?
    That's a good one.  Just checked and that's what I needed -- thanks @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)

• RaquelCesar (GB1)RaquelCesar (GB1) GB1 Posts: 55
    edited 23.10.2016
    I found all the pumpkins yesterday and it showed: 35/350

I have the same issue. Caught 35 pumpkins yesterday, another 35 today, meter only showing 68 caught.

I already filled a ticket to support describing the issue.

EDIT: After reading more carefully the other posts in the thread, I checked again and afterall I only had 33 pumpkins to catch today. I just assumed, like the others, that there were going to be 35 every day.
    Post edited by RaquelCesar (GB1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Ok, WTH?????  I went ahead and spent on my UK farm.   Just driving me nuts as to where that last one is hiding.    So 290 gold out the window for NOTHING AGAIN.
    The screen moved, and the now highlighted pumpkin SHOULD show up centered in this view right??????   
    When the screen moves isn't the hidden pumpkin centered in the view?  So right about in the crook in the stream is dead center but no pumpkin!
    And this time it's not midnight so no chance the day clock just changed.   
    CAN ANYONE SEE A HIGHLIGHTED PUMPKIN IN HERE?  I SURE CAN'T.

This is nuts.  I'm out.  Wasted gold for absolutely nothing.

PEOPLE!  DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS DUMB THING.
    I've circled your pumpkin.

• Thank you very much.
    However, I do not recall finding a pumpkin under the fishing bridge, nor at the corner of main farm as in another post.
    I am worried that the pumpkin positions might vary.
    BTW, I still can't find all pumpkins at the village.
    WARNING To all players!! When hunting for your pumpkins be sure to check on your farms as well.
    I have found a couple of pumpkins on my farms as well as around my farms. The event states that you can find the pumpkins "around" your farm but the pumpkins can be on the farms :-((
    Do hope they give us a free hint daily or change the next find/hunting event so the item we must find are around the farms and not on them.
    WARNING To all players!!
     When hunting for your pumpkins be sure to check on your farms as well.
    I have found a couple of pumpkins on my farms as well as around my farms. The event states that you can find the pumpkins "around" your farm but the pumpkins can be on the farms :-((
    Do hope they give us a free hint daily or change the next find/hunting event so the item we must find are around the farms and not on them.
    WARNING To all players!!
    When hunting for your pumpkins be sure to 
    check on your farms as well.
    I have found a couple of pumpkins on my farms as well as around my farms. The event states that you can find the pumpkins "around" your farm but the pumpkins can be on the farms :-((
    Do hope they give us a free hint daily or change the next find/hunting event so the item we must find are around the farms and not on them.  :* 
  • @Data King (US1)  Screenshot! - Or it never happened :p mwahahaha

They have put some between the path in front of the event carpark & the farm fence, which are appearing to be on the 1st row of farm buildings, which is really annoying, I had to get a hint to find one & it turned out to be an orange pumpkin my orange lanterns on the lion deco. hmmmm ..... I remember in the very 1st hunt they put some on the path between the organic market & the farm & that caused the same problems, so they stopped doing it.... I guess they forgot.

@Data King (US1)  Screenshot! - Or it never happened :p mwahahaha

They have put some between the path in front of the event carpark & the farm fence, which are appearing to be on the 1st row of farm buildings, which is really annoying, I had to get a hint to find one & it turned out to be an orange pumpkin my orange lanterns on the lion deco. hmmmm ..... I remember in the very 1st hunt they put some on the path between the organic market & the farm & that caused the same problems, so they stopped doing it.... I guess they forgot.

I wish I could but have no idea how :(
    One of mine pumpkins was on a house on my farm not near or around but on the farm itself :(
  • WARNING To all players!!
    When hunting for your pumpkins be sure to 
    check on your farms as well.
    Do hope they give us a free hint daily or change the next find/hunting event so the item we must find are around the farms and not on them.  :* 
    Do you have to remove all buildings and decorations?  or are they on top?  Have checked on my farms and don't see anything.  Can you say where and on which farms you found yours?
Sign In to comment.