Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Coop Championship: Taking away Gold flowers and mining license prizes?

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    It will continue though because groups that said they would boycott are throwing ridiculous amounts of gold again, ego or stupidity or both?

Been noticing missions are not full anymore especially in this CC, just shows most players are over it. The pool of blessings deco was also "enhanced" (removed) and replaced by a decoration worth only 45 happiness value, whats the point?
  • hopefully after seeing CC this time they become aware of and re-consider or more good returns again goldflower / GML or even increase it. so we're excited to welcome the CC. I very much hope on their concerns
  • Elco (GB1)Elco (GB1) Posts: 103
    edited 19.10.2016
    As it currently stands in the week's reputation rankings on the UK server:

There is absolutely no way those 2 low levels (47 & 33) could get anywhere near their current total of rp without spending heavily and they certainly don't have the buildings very high either, nor the seaweed/feed.

They must be hailed heroes within their coop while in fact playing into GGS hand. What will they achieve on the long term? GGS has already removed the coveted prices so how willing will they be to listen to us, when some are happy to give them the money they want without much in return?
    Post edited by Elco (GB1) on
  • edited 19.10.2016
    my contribution to ggs's bank ballance this challenge is  zero i only have 10k rp and that was because of  wheel of fortune, havent played a single mission  :), and wont play any missions in any future challenges
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    Overall I am seeing a huge change in the numbers in my missions. My coop members are also seeing that even though we aren't finishing in first place in our missions, that the amounts of harvested goods are actually reasonable.

Sure, once in a while we find ourselves with someone that doesn't agree with the boycott of gold. You can't change their motivation or mindset. However, I think the masses are collectively coming together to express our disappointment in the "enhanced" prizes. I truly believe that many many more players are avoiding using gold in any form.

In solidarity,

Jules
  • Elco (GB1)Elco (GB1) Posts: 103
    edited 19.10.2016
    Overall I am seeing a huge change in the numbers in my missions. My coop members are also seeing that even though we aren't finishing in first place in our missions, that the amounts of harvested goods are actually reasonable.
    Hi @jules314 (US1)
    I fully agree with you about the overall results being much more reasonable than ever. Of course every now and then there's someone popping an incredible amount of whatever, but when asked in private messages, that person admits not reading the forums so not being aware of the current stand from players towards GGS. That player means well for him/herself and/or his/her coop. He/she is just playing without noticing much about his/her surroundings.
    You can only hope they'll eventually read the forums daily, as much as a coop's tree should be watered, but realistically you're lucky when that happens constantly and without reminders :wink:
    I wonder if that'll be enough for GGS to reconsider undoing what they already undid (?!) or if we'll have to re-open this thread in a few weeks...
  • the game is soooooo  s l o w  right  now that it is impossible to play on all the servers. 

The catalysers are the worst thing ever. 

I think giving co-ops a prize of a tree for winning their division then taking it away also stinks. 

I used to buy gold but when it is gone, I am not buying anymore. 
  • Arwyn (RO1)Arwyn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 403

Hi @jules314 (US1)
    I fully agree with you about the overall results being much more reasonable than ever. Of course every now and then there's someone popping an incredible amount of whatever, but when asked in private messages, that person admits not reading the forums so not being aware of the current stand from players towards GGS. That player means well for him/herself and/or his/her coop. He/she is just playing without noticing much about his/her surroundings.
    You can only hope they'll eventually read the forums daily, as much as a coop's tree should be watered, but realistically you're lucky when that happens constantly and without reminders :wink:
    I wonder if that'll be enough for GGS to reconsider undoing what they already undid (?!) or if we'll have to re-open this thread in a few weeks...
    We faced the same problem, a lots of coops didn't read the forum so they didn't knew that the rewards have changed, but some of us have send to all  heads of coop league gold and silver a message  about our intention on boycottying the CC .
  • Please put the "Fun" back in this game..."Play" means having a release from tense moments & stress...this is not happening when the Big Suits take away a prize such as Gold Flowers or Gold Mining...some in our COOP just got their first Gold Certs after 2 yrs of playing! For myself... I will  not buy Gold & continue to play as long as it pleases me & helps out my fellow team players...nuff said!...
  • ME14 (US1)ME14 (US1) US1 Posts: 47
    oh wow
  • If all of the players who buy a SMALL amount of gold a month left the game, GGS would soon find out that it was these players who kept the game afloat.  Why on earth would a business shoot itself in the foot (as others have already stated) unless this is a way to wind down the game?  Maybe it has run its course and is destined to go the way of many other online games :(  

Edit:  our small coop doesnt take part in the challenge - I dont do missions AT ALL, and only 2 members do missions in order to get certs - so we have no interest in the coop challenge changes.  HOWEVER I THINK THAT COOPS WHO DO PARTICIPATE IN IT SHOULD BE TREATED FAIRLY, AND THE SAID CHANGES ARE ANYTHING BUT FAIR !!!

• I Think BGS is all about money and must be designed by bankers.  Good Job!  I will look for a new game when this one gets boring becasuse I cant play without going into debt!
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 20.10.2016
    Just that alone, is unbelievable, considering that gold seeds and GMLs has been one of the best and worth rewards in the coop champs. Besides that the entire gaming experiences has been changed drastically by the the removal of these great rewards. Though our team has started to focus on other events not cc. Contrary to popular belief there are very less means in the game to earn free gold now.  I very much enjoyed my time in the past few CCs but now the CC has became boring and demoralizing. I took an interest in CC earlier but not now. Players lost that interest, and hence our coop is not playing CC now. I’ll continue to not buy gold. enjoy the game for what it is. All hail the strike.

I would urge everyone of you to pass our views. We players all-together made this game in MMO and we deserve that our views are enhanced in the game. Thanks.

Post edited by Pepper Moon (IN1) on
  • I agree fully with the sentiments in previous pages. The recent changes of removal of gold seeds and licenses has spoiled the spirit of co-op champs, as simple as that. It is a huge disappointment and demoralizing part. I just hope those who are still acknowledging this, demand for fair changes as we player of big farm wish for, basically as per our interests. I liked it the way it was, I don't need any sea weed feed, we can already obtain it from hard worker event, There should be alternative for players through which we can obtain free gold in the game, so some fairness can be seen. If coop championship is improved as per player needs, more people will play and join in. Right now all i can see is coops are boycotting the coop champs and we too are at not spending any gold henceforth. My form of analysis would say that gold seeds and GMLs were the incentive which kept players interested in coop champs so far due to the heavy sales of points being offered through wheel of fortune. I do, and I enjoy them for what they are worth. I am not against earning money, instead adding to the significance that for players of big farm, Gold seeds & GMLs were the worth prizes, not sea weed cos in announcement its written sea weed feed is worth. We can manage without sea weed items and can be acquired by many means. It's clear that the freedom for design & development according to players is not here. I like all other events, but CC should be revamped properly as per player needs. Significantly adding more, the format where same coop takes the top prize each time is also a demoralizing part for other coops who have been playing whole day and night for long hours. There should be changes in it. Others should get a chance. This is really very very unfair for others. No doubt the coop must be spending heavy gold, but some fairness should be shown here at such juncture. Atleast bring back the gold seeds & GMLs which was the morale many coops has been playing for. Now after the recent change, it is not the same as what it used to be, and it makes many of us sad really. On the contrary, recent factions are more demotivating to take part in coop champs. 

I think there are players who truly do try and strive to put out the best gaming without any gold. Our motivation of playing CC was less each time CC appeared and is now at zero level. We are already boycotting coop champs and playing other events happily. It;s a peace. All we can do is reminisce, boycott and normal play without gold. 
    GGS can ONLY consider this request if this players' coop have not spent single gold on any missions or activated gold booster in this CC.

We DONT WANT GOLD SEEDS until players/leaders follow GGS's T & C diligently. Collecting Gold using spare accounts and taking lead is not the right way of winning. Hope this player will understand what I am saying.

If still GGS considers to bring back Gold Seed option, then change the coop reward from Dandy coop to Coop Apple Orchard.

NOTE: THIS IS FOR INDIA 1 SERVER.
    GGS is giving unlimited gold. Just pay for it :) Don't whine for gold :) We need much better rewards for spending it. What is on offer is ridiculous.
  • You know what GGS.......your decision to scrap the Gold seeds and GML in CC actually is a good idea......then here is my suggestion .......scrap gold usage altogether in the game....... you know what I mean....like just playing with dollars....and what about scrapping the dandy duck coop reward too...

BUT...........knowing you are GGS.....you can never do it.......so Greedy Games Studio is a fit name for you.....what about updating your new name  Love along with all your other upgrades......................

• Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 20.10.2016
    GGS is giving unlimited gold. Just pay for it :) Don't whine for gold :) We need much better rewards for spending it. What is on offer is ridiculous.
    @NaseerGamer (IN1)  The post gave a little revelation but still, One second .. but I don't think that any thinking or cynicism required in-depth enough for me to reveal what I have just had an epiphany on.  It's certainly not whining you mention. If you understand well, not every one can pay for gold, there are huge non-gold buyers across all server, for sure, so you might know what's the value of gold seeds for them, as simple as that. Some fairness was shown earlier for them atleast. Everyone has a value for their opinion and like you see the thread itself is about petetion for the recent changes. Lets reminisce by the absolutely no chance of my idea even being looked at, let alone considered it does, not inhibiting others views and opinions. Certainly it does matters as everyone together is taking a stand in this thread together. 
  • UmBitty (US1)UmBitty (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    I'm adding my voice to those who request that the gold flower seeds and gold mining licenses be returned to the CCE events.

I am personally so tired of the frequency of the CCEs that I have to force myself to participate.

These two gold prizes plus the seaweeds and suspicious brushes were the only prizes that had any value for me. Removing 2 of these just makes doing these CCE even more of a slog.

I hope you listen to all who are taking the time to ask you to reconsider.
  • I DO NOT EXPECT GOLD SEEDS OR GOLD MINING LICENCES AS CC REWARDS.
    I CAN BUY GOLD.
    BUT, I CAN'T BUY SPECIAL BUILDINGS WHICH R OFFERED BY GGS FOR TOP RANKED COOP.
    WE / I HAVE WON 6 DANDY DUCK COOPS.
    I DO NOT WANT MORE DDC.
    I EXPECT THAT GGS WILL CHANGE THE TOP RANKED COOP REWARD
    HERE R MY SUGGESTIONS FOR GGS
    1. GIVE COOP APPLE ORCHARD AGAIN, I NEED 3 MORE ORCHARDS, I HAVE PLACED 8 IN MY FARM AND 5 IN MY SPECIAL THEMED BUILDING INVENTORY
    2. GGS CAN GIVE US A CHANCE TO REDUCE THE BUILDING SPACE BY ONE SQUARE x ONE SQUARE
    AS AN EXAMPLE, IF WE APPLY IT ON OUR SHOP, NEW DIMENSION WILL READ AS 14 x 11
    3. GGS CAN GIVE US A CHANCE TO REDUCE THE TIME TO PRODUCE BY 10%
    4. DANDY DUCK

FOR THIS, GGS HAS TO GIVE ONLY ONE DUCK COOP, DANDY DUCK. WE CAN'T SELECT THE DANDY
    DUCK ANYMORE

I THINK THAT GGS HAS A GOOD MARKETING BRAIN.
    GIVING SAME TOP RANK COOP REWARD AGAIN AND AGAIN, REDUCES THE COMPETITION IN CC
    PLAYING THIS CC LIKE A KILLING A DEAD RAT SNAKE
    GGS, PLEASE CHANGE THE TOP RANK COOP REWARD
    GIVE US A CHANCE TO CHOOSE A REWARD FROM POOL OF REWARDS
    INCREASE UR GOLD SELLING
    AND KEEP GAME ALIVE
    DON'T KILL THE GAME SPIRIT

• joe3453 (IN1)joe3453 (IN1) Posts: 1
    edited 20.10.2016

I agree with @CHANDANAGUN (IN1)

GGS - We dont need GOLD SEEDS. We will buy it. And change the Rewards

Edit: Removed the extensive quote in capital letters.
            Please guys, don't post all in capital letters  :( 
            Rowdy
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    I am wondering why there isn't any answers from GGS? Yes i know they don't read forum, but i trust our moderators  WascallyWabbitWascallyWabbit , CuddlyFoxesCuddlyFoxes and  Rowdy RacRowdy Rac to be the messengers between us players and GGS  :)

Or is this just an other decision from GGS, that we have to "swallow".

I think GGS trusts that this matter will be forgotten as time goes by, like so many other bad decisions.  Most players just continue playing Big Farm anyway.

And new players will come, who havent ever heard about gold flowers or some other "old things" in this game.

But me and my friends still want back goldflower seeds and gold mining license as a reward.

Please moderators, have you got any news to us ???

• Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 20.10.2016
    Buy gold as much as you want joe3453 and chandanagun  , but we want gold flowers and mine license back in the coopmissies
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 20.10.2016
      There may yet be some hope of the rewards being changed back to the goldflowers and GML's.  In the past, GGS has made changes when there is a consensus of negative feedback from a majority of the Big Farm forums.  I just took a look through the forums of several different countries, Germany, Italy, France, Hispanic, and Portuguese.  There are threads in all of these forums that are much like this one. The players are unhappy and are speaking out strongly against the change in rewards. If the company ignores the opinion of a vast majority of players, they ignore us all. :(
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • Ashtray (IN1)Ashtray (IN1) Posts: 11
    edited 20.10.2016

I fully agree about the dandy duck prize...either it should be scraped or an option should be given to choose between DDC & coop apple orchard.

Edit: Removed the extensive quote in capital letters.
            Please guys, don't post all in capital letters   
            Rowdy

Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    Buy gold as much as you want joe3453 and chandanagun  , but we want gold flowers and mine license back in the coopmissies
    Yes but as I stated earlier many people who spend a lot of money to buy gold don't care about the prizes, they just want to win, even if it means getting a useless duck pond they no longer need. To be fair with the amount of money they are spending to win  it is reasonable for them to want prize at the end that they can actually use.
    It is similar to our request that if we are going to be cannon fodder in missions to help them rack up the points then at least we should get something to make it worthwhile to us as well.
    Without us little guys participating they would be pitted against each other and soon after complaining about how expensive the event has become and that is why they should care and why they should support us.

The stinginess of GGS just astounds me.  They could give away 10,000 in gold every month and it isn't anywhere near enough to do much with.  Ask anyone who has a blue barn, houses, fertile fields, water towers, etc. and, don't even get me started on Steve the Architect.

• Arwyn (RO1)Arwyn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 403
    edited 20.10.2016
      There may yet be some hope of the rewards being changed back to the goldflowers and GML's.  In the past, GGS has made changes when there is a consensus of negative feedback from a majority of the Big Farm forums.  I just took a look through the forums of several different countries, Germany, Italy, France, Hispanic, and Portuguese.  There are threads in all of these forums that are much like this one. The players are unhappy and are speaking out strongly against the change in rewards. 
    We had a topic too about boycotting the CC and also we have no moderator but someone has erase that topic yesterday without saying anything. That very annoying! 
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Arwyn  that is very alarming that someone is doing censorship on your forum pages.  Hang in there  spread the word someone must be a little scared if they are message other players in game if you have to.
  • Gold flowers and the GML were the main, and as it just turned out the only, reason why our co-op was doing the champs. We are not doing this one, which basically means that players who buy gold and play with gold don't do it anymore for champs.
  • I agree, taking away these wonderful incentives makes the CC not useful in my opinion. 
  • I will also not play as much as I used to if I do not receive gold. Especially since some cannot afford to purchase it themselves. Thanks for starting the Thread, Jules!
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 21.10.2016
    our co op has gone from winning gold level to silver level as protest to duck pond, this time we are going to bronze and if the gold flowers and GML are not brought back look like going back to rookie, this is the only level where gold flower rewards can be achieved.  Meaning a co op that has won GOLD level will be up against rookies. 

BTW my duck pond is still in storage, not worth building
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file