Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Closed] Contest Suggestions!

Comments

• I think next week we should have a competition of who can make the best dessert out of big farm ingredients, toppings and salt and pepper. The judges could make it in the office or at home and see whose recipe is the tastiest and award them with dessert badge and 2 goldflower seeds for 1st-3rd place, dessert badge and 48 hours double experience points for 4-6th place and a dessert badge for 7th-11th place. Everybody who entered should get a dessert badge actually.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I have another idea:

Farmer George has just finished his farm and he needs more happiness. (amount determined by mods)
    He has a few problems though:
    He can only use decorations from the build menu.
    He only has room for __ decorations. (amount determined by mods)
    He must come as close as he can to the happiness needed with these __ decorations without going over. 
    If he goes over he will upset Matilda McMuffin and we can't have that.

Our job will be to add up the happiness from __ decorations from the build menu to get as close to the amount of happiness needed without going over.
    We must list the name of the decoration, how many we need and the amount of happiness granted

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 01.01.2017
    1. Haiku or Limerick (in other words, short!) about Big Farm   

2.  I'd like to see another math problem like the one from several months ago -- who won which prize  ... we were provided with a grid to help solve it.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • CJAngelo (HIS1)CJAngelo (HIS1) HIS1 Posts: 160
    edited 20.07.2016
    It would be good to place several tracks and ultimately form a word related to the game, it's like a riddle.
    For example: only has 2 colors, it is named differently, it is harvested in 5 minutes (not as obvious as this example)

Answer = Corn
    I would call it: How much you know about Big Farm?
    What do you think? WascallyWabbit
      = D
  • lets have a story writing competition
    For the top 5 stories you can give them some reward
    Then with this story we can have some events 
    i hope this idea would be good :)
  • farmer falcon (US1)farmer falcon (US1) Posts: 2,888
    edited 26.07.2016
    Here is an idea 
    Drawing contest
    You can chose one of the big farm charcters and each person will have to draw this character and post it on the thread and at the end you chose the winners! Simple  :)
    Post edited by farmer falcon (US1) on
  • hemmy1 (US1)hemmy1 (US1) Posts: 174
    edited 31.07.2016
    on the contest we give each of the characters a value in gold

which is hidden behind their names. (show the faces and names)

Can you guess who has the most gold?

post the names of the three characters that you think has the most amount of gold.

Ex . If I choose tessa , rita and George and each had one gold, my result would be 3.

In this case the top 5 results will be the winners

• ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    Competition in  sudoku. Instead of numbers  animals or plants or Big farm caracters could  be used.
    Competition in  sudoku. Instead of numbers  animals or plants or Big farm caracters could  be used.

Or buildings with diferent levels

Or buildings with diferent levels

I looked on the Forum the word sudoku. Now I see that you already have that in spring.
  • How about we design a logo or we do some kind of scavenger hunt 
    geocaching
  • A Trick-or-Treat contest where folks go farm to farm, within their co-op, for trick-or-treats. The more treats they collect, the higher the prize.
  • Andy_Roo (AU1)Andy_Roo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 5

How about a contest to name the fishing boat?

I suggest 'Boaty McBoatface'

• Barbiecharm (IN1)Barbiecharm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 5,242
    How about identifying so many items from farm in limited time
  • piggyoink15 (US1)piggyoink15 (US1) Posts: 174
    edited 11.11.2016
    Following the success of the contest suggesting contest, 
    we have decided to make it a permanent feature.

Post your ideas for Forum Contests on this thread
    If we like your idea & decide to use it
    you will win a Community Bonfire deco!!

When making your suggestions,
    try to remember the following things:
    Not everyone's game is in English - Things have different names
    Not everyone is comfortable using images - Make sure the entry can be "typed"
    Not everyone has Gourmet, Flower or Temporary farms

Just post your idea, not an actual contest,
    as we will not be able to use it, if it has already been posted.

So get your thinking caps on & lets see what you can come up with! :)

You should make 5 36-piece (6x6) puzzles of some moderators. First 5 people to finish get prize ;)
  • Design an original farm decoration, you could use a drawing, description or both
  • I have an idea!!! Why not you can have to find the missing items from a recipe in the bakery, have like 3 winners, and then those people can have to harvest the most (?) from their farm in the least amount of time. have 2 winners, and those 2 people compete in like a really hard word search or puzzle! 
  • Chivalry (US1)Chivalry (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    Neighbor product goods! For example, suppose the moderators picked a grand feast consisting of Eggs, Milk, Fruit Pie, Bonito Tacos, and Cherries. The players would have to take a screenshot of them selling each of these products to their neighbors at the stand. This can be generalized to Flower Farm products as well.

Against the Odds! During a horse season, many players struggle to win against great odds (I am one of them). Take a screenshot of their best underdog win (perhaps 0.001% chance of winning).

Worker Count! Guess how many workers are free in this person's farm. (maybe you could cover up part of the photo to make it harder).

Land ahoy! The moderators decide on 4 goods that can be asked for by the ship: Suppose they picked apples, pigs, corn, and Apple pie. Players would have to take a screenshot of the ship asking for these goods.
  • Picture Perfect

Match each person to their car or truck in the game. Which car/truck/cart does Omar drive? Or what about Ms. Moneybag? 
  • No idea, just like the Lester in the maize.  He deserves that, as he throws the worst temper tantrums when we are donating produce to his farm. LOL
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    edited 30.12.2016
    1. Haiku or Limerick (in other words, short!) about Big Farm

@artful (US1)
    We used your suggestion in our most recent forum contest and therefore you will receive a community bonfire decoration.
    Congratulations and thank you for your suggestion  :smiley:
  • How about a underwater fish scene where you have to count Miss Tentacles or the fish that we are catching.  Find a hidden treasure chest and get a bonus.  Like the reindeer/Santa grid contest we just had.

For Valentine's or St. Patrick's Day see which characters have flowers or shamrocks.  Like the flash contest with a list of characters that are randomly carrying them. Love this contest as it is fair to all.

• UserPkmwg1 (US1)UserPkmwg1 (US1) Posts: 346
    edited 30.12.2016
    You could also have a count the chocolate bunnies or chicks for Easter.  Give an Easter decoration as a prize. PERHAPS A BUNNY BALLOON???? Eh?!!!  The format we have had with one big scene and counting multiple things have been fun!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 12.01.2017
                                                         Forum Contest:     FIND THE MODS!

Our Mods are scampering around our farm and we need to find them so we can report a bug we found.

It's up to us to track them down!  Can you find them? :)

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    oooh, There's the cute one !!

But I can't seem to find the other 2 ?

:D 
  • I like cariecando's idea, except I would leave the grid part out of it, and just try to find and identify the "out-of-place" items and list where they belong.  This can include finding the mods, and the vendors and then writing their names of who they are and where we found all the "out-of-placed" items/people.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    In order to encourage as many players as possible to join in, I suggest that scavenger hunt like contest be extended over several days with each day having 10 winners and those winners being ineligible to play the next day.  This way new winners can compete for the prize. Instead of a scavenger, it may be like finding a goat in a cow barn, or a chicken in a duck coop, or like finding a mod peaking behind the bakery or the Mermaid. We might even find him or her fishing with Oleg.  
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 12.01.2017
                                                         Forum Contest:     FIND THE MODS!

Our Mods are scampering around our farm and we need to find them so we can report a bug we found.

It's up to us to track them down!  Can you find them? :)

I like this one @farmerjohn 22 (US1)

And along the same lines another contest could be "Name that Bug. "  
    The players would try to guess what bug would develop with each update, which farm or aspect of the game would be bugged, etc. The player closest to the correct answer wins.
  • mick6 (AU1)mick6 (AU1) Posts: 158
    Big Farm IQ test.. 
    For example..7 minutes long..no pausing. 20 seconds per question.. Only one attempt each. 
                    (21 random questions from a wide range so no one can give hints to team mates)
    Have a range of deco's that participants need to remember or guess the dimensions (7x5) etc etc
    A range of products that need to be named corretly.. (charred bonito, goldflower/violet seeds etc, collection items like teamwork, lunchbox's and manpower etc ) 
                         "Maybe if some are multiple choice the time would need reducing !!!"
    List the Ingreidiants that are required to make .... ? (what ever product)
    Building times. For which ever item is chosen ?? (incase of a draw this part will be the little percentage part of the test that seperates first place from second :D who ever gets closest to the exact time:D)
    The names of certain workers  like Lester Greta etc, worked out from a discription or partial picture maybe ??
    I could give more examples that could be kept underwraps if you guys find this interesting:D

Happy farming yall :D

This discussion has been closed.