Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Coop Championship: Taking away Gold flowers and mining license prizes?

Comments

• edited 14.10.2016
    i will sell ggs my horse shoes at  5 gold each instead of the 10 they wanted i have about 55,000 of them ,  nice little earner there ;)

GGS you forgot to remove the 300 gold reward for the gold rank in horse comp  then you will have taken it all :P
  • SAUGATA4 (IN1)SAUGATA4 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    It really amazes me how GGS comes up with such ideas so often. What we all needed was addition of some more gold winning option after spending so much gold for CC and now GGS is taking away whatever little gold was being offered. I doubt if anyone cares about all the other crap being offered as rewards in CC . The Ducky is useless and the 2x2 deco was replaced long back. It would have been far better if the red coop tree would have given some gold seeds sometimes rather than collectibles only. Common GGS think again and replace what we dont want in the rewards not what we want more.
  • This new development has just made the Coop Challenge completely pointless on the US server. The same coop wins every time so most of us did not really play to win as there was not a snowball's chance in the opposite of heaven of that ever happening anyway. So we participated to hopefully earn the Gold flower seeds & licenses. Now that both are history what is really the point??? The CC is too long, too often, too stressful & does not promote member cohesion within a coop although I believe that was one of the initial selling points. It is nothing but a gold grab for the company & a power high for the few. And now the rest of us have no real incentives at all to even participate. BAD call GGS.......
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    edited 14.10.2016
    Taking away the ONLY two rewards that people actually wanted and call it enhancement....LOL   JUST LOL.

I wonder what were they thinking?  "Hey we are giving way too much free gold ,we need to stop doing this, first lets start with CC ,then all other events. If we doing this slowly and give some crappy seaweeds/catalyst as  replacement  they wont notice,and we goin to get riiich yay!!"

>>>This will not make us buy more gold<<<

This will only make alot(if not all) of ppl stop playing CC , perhaps some will stop playing the game at all.That is the only thing GGS will achieve if they do not reconsider.
  • Elco (GB1)Elco (GB1) Posts: 103
    Why is it that this official announcement did not contain a link to leave our feedback? They normally do, but not this time...
    That tells plenty about the courage of GGS and how they expected backlash, that a player had to open a thread (which I expect to be ignored/closed sooner rather than later).

• the goal was the gold license and the gold flower seeds. 

This announcement is terrible!
    Without a license for gold and seedless golden flowers, the competition in the missions will become meaningless.
    I do not know why I was not expecting such an announcement?
  • question,
    why should we help you guys with the test server when you take away our gold flowers ?
    I think you have missed the point of the test server.. do not think of it as testing stuff.. GGS have told us for years that they test things before releasing them ! ! You have to think like GGS, money money money. We all know a lot of players will use lots of gold on this temporary farm, oppps i mean test server. then they will lose it all  BUT all is not lost for GGS because the players will use GOLD again to buy the same items again, on their current farm. They have got some hooked with the Gold flowers, I would rather have 300 gold than seaweed valued at 1,000 gold.... GGS know this ... sales are down lol
  • lol, your all beginning to see what Yorkypoo could see years ago. Forget the ones who are after brownie points, GGS could make us rebuild our farms, for gold, and they would still say its ok. Look at the things we have asked GGS for and they either give us a story time or ignore us. Yet they can change rewards easy as anything, yet when we asked for different rewards we are told that the devs would have to work a month of Sundays to do it.. Seaweed worth more Gold.. maybe only in the mind of GGS. The co-op challenges... how is buying the rep points a challenge. Every player ( and GGS ) knows what a challenge is, but us all trying to get the most crops does not get GGS the gold sales. The big football clubs buy better players but still have to win matches,they still could lose,  the clubs do not buy points and go straight to the top because they bought 50 points. Most of the big gold spenders would be nowhere without the gold "boost" because they do not know how to play the game fairly, all they know is the gold button. They are a bit like the drug cheats in sport, do we look upto drug cheats ?  o:)o:) Big Farm is a great game but its not worth the £ hundreds a month that some spend just to be top of a game for one week
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 14.10.2016
    This new development has just made the Coop Challenge completely pointless on the US server. The same coop wins every time so most of us did not really play to win as there was not a snowball's chance in the opposite of heaven of that ever happening anyway. So we participated to hopefully earn the Gold flower seeds & licenses. Now that both are history what is really the point??? The CC is too long, too often, too stressful & does not promote member cohesion within a coop although I believe that was one of the initial selling points. It is nothing but a gold grab for the company & a power high for the few. And now the rest of us have no real incentives at all to even participate. BAD call GGS.......
    I agree same coop every time..The CC event is pointless you are right.. Power high is right as well..  They spend the most gold in the Coop's to win so they get the PRIZE each and every time. They have all the advantages now... How can we compete with that? We can't... Fair competition my BUTT..I don't think it's right that they can keep winning over and over just because they got big pockets. The [Removed] just seem to be GREEDY! Oh well let them have the top spot.. THEY PAID FOR IT! They did NOT EARN IT! NOW GO BUY SOME GOLD [Removed] GG'S IS COUNTING ON YOU! THE CEO NEEDS A NEW MILLION DOLLAR MANSION!
    I have suggested that the winners of each league has to sit out the next CC to give others a chance and for some strange reason very few commented on this.  When I was in smaller coop we had no chance and that was ok but still felt sorry for those who were in the top and never could get anywhere.  Sportsmanship doesnt seem to be in this game as far as the CC goes. In us is always same and looking at some posts same in Au and others  this would be a solution to this.  How many coop trees and huge duck coops do they need. Really there is greed and ego working in those coops. You think they would voluntarily sit out once in a while but NO WAY and it is to the point of being disgusting to me. They need to do something of this sort and it would not hurt them at all i expect an all out gold war if the winner had to sit out so someone else could get a win. Or they could just let them play but if the won a coop or pond or whatever in last month goes to the next player who hasnt won or in the last three months that would really give more people a chance and spread out those prizes yet they are still getting all the goodies leading up to the big prize. GGS do the right thing and change the CC to the good of more players and bring back the gold rewards.

Removed names from quote | Cuddly
    Where are the moderators I guess they are all hiding they knew what this was going to bring and it is not their fault but they need to be sure that those on high hear our voices.
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    Our co-op always had such fun going for the gold seeds. And then we'd all rally together to get enough points for the GML's. We're all going to miss doing the the next CC, but it's really not worth the time or effort this time round. It's a pity.
  • Where are the moderators I guess they are all hiding they knew what this was going to bring and it is not their fault but they need to be sure that those on high hear our voices.
    Hey Damaria,

We're still around and not hiding at all. ;) We passed on the link to this thread earlier today and will continue to forward any and all feedback from you guys.

Thank you,
    Cuddly
    Thats all we can ask and expect cuddly that the message goes back loud and clear that the players are very unhappy. I am sure they knew this was a big can of messy worms so not understanding why they would do this to us. They need to address revamping the CC so more people are winners generating more income for them if more people actually had a chance.  Thanks and you have a nice day.
  • Angelas Place (US1)Angelas Place (US1) Posts: 669
    edited 17.10.2016
    GGS I will no longer be promoting your game to my friends..good luck with the 1 coop..may they forever dig extremely deep to keep you going...you have really damaged this game. I really enjoyed it and thought it was worth the time and what money I spent on it but I can see your players dont matter, your cashers do!
    Post edited by Angelas Place (US1) on
    Where are the moderators I guess they are all hiding they knew what this was going to bring and it is not their fault but they need to be sure that those on high hear our voices.
    They are around the removed part of my comment.. They afraid of the truth!
    We all in US1 know who they are so naming them diddler is not needed. I have made several suggestions as to how to fix this problem across all servers.  We are not spending money chasing them well maybe a few top coops are but most of us just play as we are a team but more and more people arent playing at all because what is the point my coop included starting this next CC. If they need money they need to address this have people play but cant win first or second prize but every three months would really help them as people would buy gold and use some if they had a fighting chance.
  • Benicia (AU1)Benicia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 63

TO GGS

It is my intention to boycott this CC, the last one finished 8:30pm 04/10/16 just not even 2 weeks ago, and to run another one is just pure greed. Myself and several others of my co-op are heavy golders, and I make no apology for that, nor am I getting into debate about it either, I hear enough whinging and whining from players on here to sink a battleship, but something they all should remember, all of our lower lvl young team members benefit from our golding, they receive rewards that they would not normally have access to, they all have the DDC so they are more than happy with our Golding.

BUT while this is the way WE play the game, the greed that GGS is displaying is disgusting, your hot deals if we choose to take them we must spend $150 AU I know it is lesser amount depending on your lvl, but when I first started on BF it was significantly less to buy a hot deal.

I sincerely hope that other Golders can join in with this boycott, but if not that is entirely your prerogative. There will be a domino effect regardless,  if all of the golders in my co-op do not buy gold or participate the other teams in our division will not have to spend gold to chase us, we have won the last 3 (or 4) of our CC one of them by 30 million, the other teams mounted serious challenges against us and gave us tough competition and if it wasn't for greater numbers the outcome could have been very different. I am not taking away from their efforts or ability they are all serious contenders and great players.

BUT this will bite GGS big time, if we do not participate the other co-ops and their Golders are not going to have to spend anywhere near what they have in the past challenges, it potentially could have a huge revenue reduction for GGS, OH DEAR HOW SAD, never mind. I know that we spend many many hundreds of dollars, well multiple that by everyone that chased us.

Now to add insult to injury it is beyond disgusting, to take away the GL and the gold seed, that was probably the only gold the some of our younger players had access to and could win in our co-op, since I have been on BF the frequency of the CC has increased, it has as someone said become  "PAY TO PLAY" game and one that I will have no trouble walking away from unless things become less of a rort on your part.

It needs for people to stand together in this, but that is usually the one thing people can't do, they can't see the big picture, just the little prizes they may win in the here and the now. I have little by little become very disenchanted by BF solely because of the greed displayed by GGS.

I have noticed in the past discussions such as this one get derailed, people go off on to other tangents that have very little to do with the original topic, if you feel that need please start your own discussion and let this one run its course and stay on topic, please also if you feel the need to take cheap shots that have nothing to do with this topic, also take it somewhere else, it is not and never has been all about you, it is all about everyone and how they can come on here and enjoy good conversation and a little bit of relaxation playing our game.

Have a great day

Barb

• This is extremely lame. Just another way to try to extort money out of us. This game is NOT free, no matter what GGS says, you can't really get anywhere without gold. I would still be at level 20 if not for the fact that this game is addictive and I have been buying gold. The cycle doesn't stop- in order for me to be competitive in the coopcha, I have to play with gold because they keep pairing me with other players that are much higher in levels than I. I was at level 67 during the last coopcha and I was getting paired with people 150+ level. So I have to keep playing with gold, and then they up my shelving level. So more gold has to be spent. And it keeps going and going and going. I may have to quit this game altogether after this coopcha because it is ridiculous the amount I am spending. I have better things to do with my money and spending it on gold makes me feel pathetic. Thanks for letting me rant.
  • The gold flowers and mining licenses are the only features ever winnable to get some gold (please excuse me for not counting the ludicrous 50 gold upon levelling up), which can be spent in so many ways while seaweeds have extremely limited usage. And now those are gone? 

Another stupid (yes, there's no other word; well at least it's the cleanest I can think of) move is about the poll for bugs.
    Why is a poll needed? Fix ALL bugs!
    You introduced the big update when the test server was barely a few weeks old, with the best players still at low-levels (while some features would require to be at a much higher level to be fully tested), you didn't listen to any of the bugs reports or are not very good at paying attention/employing people who have understanding of programming and now you want to hide behind "players told us what they would like to have fixed first" rather than holding your hands up and clean your own mess?

Pure greediness and total disrespect... Keep checking your bank accounts, laughing at us ("yeah they can moan but what can they do individually? Anyhow there'll always be some to keep buying. Let's cash out on them. Hahaha"). Keep taking your customers for granted and you'll find yourselves out of customers without even understanding why that is...

I 100% agree with Elco, and many others here that have put their opinions in, about this new "better" decos and rewards.... it's completely ridiculous.... we just got the CC 49 hrs notice and to add INSULT to INJURY it shows the prize deco at the end of the rewards (silver league) as the Big Lantern Tree deco (4x4) worth 45 happiness points!!!!!!! WHAT?????????????  you think THAT is supposed to be better than the Pool of Blessings (6x4) worth 93 happy points!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?  ARE YOU INSANE GGS??????????   I really can't believe what is happening here.......... you are more than shooting yourself in the foot............  I am completely astounded, dumbfounded, speechless... the list can go on...  at your blind eye to what your customers are telling you......... it goes to show you how truly blind, deaf and dumb you really are..... and that is very sad, given you started out with such a good product......... :(:(:(
  • Angelas Place (US1)Angelas Place (US1) Posts: 669
    edited 15.10.2016
    I have to put this out there...I dont think that they think period. Like an example would be my suggestion for a poll on what the players wanted prior to a decision of any changes. But yet, you look at the poll on game glitches thats REQUIRED to be fixed. In that poll they had the nerve to not just ask the players which bugs they felt needed the most priority ONLY to also say that it does NOT mean that it will be fixed in the order based on the poll...which 1..suggests they are idiots and above all is PROOF they are not paying attention to anything we say, end of story....boycotted your CC!
  • I just want to know how seaweed anything is more valuable to me than the ability to upgrade my doghouse beyond level 5 so he can give me more goodies to help my farm grow.  It takes 27 seaweed to instantly create a 7 hour milk collection.  Big Whoop!  Oh, it's not 30 because I USED GOLD to buy the water tower so I wouldn't have to use as much feed and fertilizer.  All that does is doubles my milk production for one single harvest.  Now, I could use all that gold the seaweed replaced to build even more cow sheds that would more than double my milk production all the time.

And are you really that crazy that when we said 2 1/2 weeks between CCs was too soon, you thought we meant we wanted it in 1 1/2 weeks?  Why not keep it constantly running?  

I honestly don't know how my co-op will fair this time.  We barely kept in the top 10 last time and didn't earn all the prizes because some of us who usually put up good numbers were just too tired from the previous CC and hadn't had a chance to build up special seeds, or humus.  I feel really bad for the newer members because we also lost 4 of the top points earners to other co-ops.  

The changes and the frequency is just overwhelming.  Not to mention mind boggling.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Yeah my main issue with the CC at the moment is its frequency. Doesn't GGS realise that most of us have real lives outside of this game and simply refuse to sit at a computer 24/7?

As for the gold rewards taken away by GGS i'm disappointed but not surprised. Events have been "enhanced" in the past but what I find insulting is the words "enhancement" and "improvement" constantly being used when it is clearly a downgrade. I'll still play the CC casually like always and take any reward I can get along the way but its GGS insults to my intelligence that bugs me most. I'd respect them more if they came out and said something like "we are removing gold rewards in this event to hopefully push gold sales and increase revenue in the future".....at least its honest!
  •   Yeah, I would rather not see this turn into a thread against particular coops or coop playing methods instead of a thread about losing the license and flowers. Can we keep the focus on that please.
      I have not been at this game for very long, maybe a few months.Big Farm, your big spenders all start out as low level players. Some may spend quickly to get ahead faster. Many spend slower, taking time to get a feel for the game.
       If you take away things from us that we like about the game we will not stay around long enough to become big spenders. What happens when big gold players tire of the game and move on and there are few small players left because they became discouraged and quit? It would be far better to encourage the small players by letting them have their small bits of free gold and develop a taste for spending it to encourage them to buy more. 

• I have suggested that the winners of each league has to sit out the next CC to give others a chance and for some strange reason very few commented on this.  .....

OH that is a fantastic idea damaria - don't remember seeing that post in the past - but I like it! And at the very least limit the times it can be won - surely there is a compromise that could be reached
  • I have been playing this game for the better part of a year now and am increasingly disgruntled at the way GGS treats it's CUSTOMERS. We have a Co-op Championship that is frankly meaningless and increasingly so. Every 2 weeks now, Seriously!!.. What is the point in it now as it happens so frequently? Champions for what, the next 2 weeks? Now they remove the only real reason that many involve themselves in the Championship ( Goldflowers and Certs).
     Our Co-op will not be spending a dime on this championship or even doing a single mission. and will be encouraging other co-ops to do the same..
     I can't abide the cash grab that is the championship and while I realise that GGS has to make money, Now they are taking the Pi** out of us all.
     We have finished the last championship just 2 weeks ago, with the Hard Worker Event last weekend and two events also since the last Championship. When do the smaller players get to work on their farms? Many of us are still recovering from the last one. I feel that this is just keeping many from doing their upgrades and widening the gap between the top players and the rest of us.
     Does GGS really want to lose many of their players while pampering those that spend insane amounts of money?
    If so, they are going the right way about it.
  • Scarlet Howl (US1)Scarlet Howl (US1) US1 Posts: 55
    edited 15.10.2016
    This cooperative championship is beginning too soon after the last one!  As a leader of a co-op I am annoyed at the greed that GGS seems to be displaying.  Taking away the gold flower seeds & gold mining licenses hurts not only my lower level players but all of us!  The "Hot Deals" now cost $150 which is disgusting.  Myself and others in my co-op are heavy golders and do not apologize for it because we do it to give our lower level players the rewards.  Enough is enough!  I am not using gold in this coopertive championship and have the backing of my members. We will play missions  & all of us will seriously think about curbing our use of gold.  I hope other co-ops will consider doing the same.   :(  
    Post edited by Scarlet Howl (US1) on
      Yeah, I would rather not see this turn into a thread against particular coops or coop playing methods instead of a thread about losing the license and flowers. Can we keep the focus on that please.
      I have not been at this game for very long, maybe a few months.Big Farm, your big spenders all start out as low level players. Some may spend quickly to get ahead faster. Many spend slower, taking time to get a feel for the game.
       If you take away things from us that we like about the game we will not stay around long enough to become big spenders. What happens when big gold players tire of the game and move on and there are few small players left because they became discouraged and quit? It would be far better to encourage the small players by letting them have their small bits of free gold and develop a taste for spending it to encourage them to buy more. 
    This is not against any group it is looking toward revamping CC to make it more FUN for more people spreading possibilities and prizes to more people.  I respect that those who always win have been here a while they are in coops that have been here from the beginning and have developed team work we all applaud that. I am suggesting that the number of wins are one per 90 days this would really get people working and excited again about the CC more gold for the GGS company more happy players. This 90 day time frame is if they continue to run the CC every two weeks which is ridiculous
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    Why is it that this official announcement did not contain a link to leave our feedback? They normally do, but not this time...
    That tells plenty about the courage of GGS and how they expected backlash, that a player had to open a thread (which I expect to be ignored/closed sooner rather than later).
    Elco, this is exactly why I created this thread in the first place :smiley: . I read the announcment and then looked for the "discuss it here" button but didn't see one. It is such a massive change that we needed a place to voice our concerns. Great job everyone on vocalizing how much we value those gold flowers and mining licences.
  • Co-op challenges are huge profit makers for GGS.  In the category "questions to the developers...and answers" earlier this year, the developers said they would put more time between challenges in response to complaints.  That hasn't happened and it is obvious why.  
  • we voiced our concerns to ggs last yr about the frequency of the challenge and they promised  to look into it and make it less often which they did not, the old version of the challenge used to be more fun going for the trophy created more excitement among co-op members, the new 100 million rp  target in the gold league  has only  ever been passed by one co-op while it has been in operation on the uk server, I have no issues with the amount of gold they spend to  win as we take them out of the equation before the challenge starts and we play solely for prizes as winning isn't possible,other co-ops do just enough to make sure they stay in the gold league for the better prizes there is no competition anymore and removing the only 2 prizes worth having will make people think twice before wasting lots of  valuable free time on this ever increasing gold dependant game, I quit the game for 6 months and I got loads of emails from ggs saying my farm was missing me with gold to come back, why is it they only offer us gold when we quit, removing all the free gold from the game is pathetic mark my words the 300 gold from the gold league in horse comp will be next to go  as an " improvement", I also don't do the test farm but I believe the "fisherman" is also going to be gold dependant to get anywhere, I don't know why they bother to ask us for our opinions  because when we voice them they just get ignored, companies that don't listen to their customers have a bad habit of closing down,( 200 people have just lost their jobs  at GGS do they really think this is going to help stabilise their business and make  other jobs safe) I have said in the past and I still say the same thing I would be more than happy to pay a monthly subscription to play this great game, implementing several sub options  for players to choose from would create a steady income for GGS to develop the game and give us what we would like a game that wasn't dependant on  heavy gold usage,
    Really 200 jobs lost  yet they have no support to speak of could have sent a few people over cause this is the worst gaming company for support.  I agree with you I would be happy to pay monthly subscription to have more say and more balanced gaming experience here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file