Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Coop Championship: Taking away Gold flowers and mining license prizes?

So this is a recent announcement and I would like to know why this was a change that we needed?

"Hey everyone,
The next Cooperative Tournament is coming soon and we want to let you know in advance that we enhanced some of the event rewards..
Activity and ranking rewards that include goldflower seeds and gold mining licenses will be replaced by different kinds of seaweed items, of greater overall gold value than the one earned from the removed items.
Some decorations will be replaced by other awesome decorations.
The overall value of the rewards you can win will now be higher.

Best Regards,
Your BF Team"

Those gold flower seeds were honestly so good for our coop's morale and now they are being replaced by things that have "greater overall gold value". However, could you consider the fact that those gold flowers and mining licenses were rewards that many people actually coveted?

Comments

• VERY BRAVE AND VERY STUPID ANNOUNCEMENT GGS!!!!

why do only what is good move out and what is bad for months does not solve?

I will give up, and yes I am gold player and gold buyer..but if this is true ..then I am ex

• "The next Cooperative Tournament is coming soon and we want to let you know in advance that we enhanced some of the event rewards..

Activity and ranking rewards that include goldflower seeds and gold mining licenses will be replaced by different kinds of seaweed items, of greater overall gold value than the one earned from the removed items."

Well! You just took away my main reason for participating. Any chance you could change this so that players can choose goldflowers or license if they prefer. If the ONLY way to get gold eventually becomes to buy it I'm out of here.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hey @Delcie (US1) there are a number of ways to get Gold in this game. You just have to earn it ;)
    You can earn it just by logging in daily, leveling up your player level, taking part in certain events besides the CC.
  • Yes, I realize that, but taking it out of the cc certainly limits my options and makes it much harder to get enough gold to do anything with. As a lower level player trying to earn goldflowers on my own isn't a realistic option, taking them out of the cc will drastically hurt my chances to get them. Forgive me if I don't see this as an improvement to my game, but rather as a move to try to get more players to buy gold directly.

• Frog Princess (AU1)Frog Princess (AU1) AU1 Posts: 38
    edited 13.10.2016
    What a load of succotash........those were the prizes that most everyone involved in the CC hoped to attain. If I want seaweed products I can buy them with gold PLUS it is possible to obtain seaweed products in other events but NOT gold flower seeds. VERY disappointing!!!!!
  • Already posted about this on another thread, but yes, not happy about this.Would like to see winners given a choice if possible.
    Goldflowers are fun but now will be nearly impossible to come by. Gold mining license is hard to win unless you have a lot of time or a lot of gold to give advantage during contests.  
    Low level players need incentives even more than higher levels, bring back these things please.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I have to agree - this change pretty much kills any incentive for me to participate in the CC. I've already got thousands of Seaweed Feed & Seaweed Fertilizer; I never use 'em.  The goldflowers & GMLs though, actually gave me (and many in my Co-Op) the incentive to acquire the activity rewards.

I'll reserve judgement until I actually see what the replacement items are, but if it is indeed more seaweed that I'll probably never use, then I won't be very enthusiastic.
  • We the players of BigFarm and the ones who pay for the development of BigFarm demand that the Goldflower seeds be given back... or else!
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    You all have totally lost your minds, this really tells the tale of how out of touch with your clients and players you are.  Makes me think this is all a smoke screen cause could you really be this dumb?  So is this just something else so we forget that the same players always win in gold and you really havent made the CC any better
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    It is indeed a great disappointment. I strongly prefer lower value in gold than higher value in whatever other products, as with gold I can choose what to do (even to buy those products if I choose to do so), while with the products I am stuck with whatever I am given.
    I assume this is the reason they decided to change it, so that people actually would need to buy gold for other purposes or wait forever to get it via daily logging or by leveling up...
  • The only worth while rewards on CC were the GML and gold flower.  If this is case you may as well scrap the whole CC.  Any player that has been playing long time has 0 need for any other reward.  DECO are no good, catalyzer never be used, Duck pond absolutely useless seen on my other post.  The only rewards worth anything have been taken away.  So to answer your question Damaria, yes they have lost their minds.
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    I am truly dismayed, and yes, angered, by this decision.

Many of us has complained about the CC and how it is dominated by excessive gold users, leaving the rest of us high and dry. Our unhappiness fell on deaf ears.

So we adapted and tried to find others reasons to participate in the Coop Challenge, other ways to motivate our members to put in the effort that a Challenge requires.
    For those of us in Bronze league, the goldflower seeds and  sometimes even the GML, became the goal to aim for. It isn't necessarily easy to achieve, for a smallish coop, but it is do-able with some effort, and we worked hard for it.

And now this too gets taken away from us ?

We are now going to be given replacement rewards "of greater overall gold value" but not actually gold. Seaweed products are nice and all, but you can't save them up to buy a library book, or a plot of land, or anything at all.
    You can, however, use gold to buy a seaweed product, if that's what you feel you need.

If the reasoning is that GGS feels the prizes are not adequately valuable and that we require prizes of "greater overall gold value", they can easily enough add another goldflower seed or 2.

But noooooo,.... that will never happen, silly.
    Seems it's not that they think we are not being rewarded adequately but rather that they think we're idiots, to fall for such a transparent ruse ?

From where I'm standing right now I will not participate in the CC again and, as the coop leader, I will recommend to my coop members not to waste their time either. I want to be reasonable, like a previous poster said, and reserve judgement, but I am also getting real tired of being messed around.
    Whenever there is something that players find enjoyable in this game, it gets taken away and replaced with something inferior and/or broken.

The reasonable person may be able to stomach a certain amount of this type of treatment and adjust, but you will find there comes a day when even a reasonable person gets pushed beyond their limits and say: no further, I'm out.

• Elco (GB1)Elco (GB1) Posts: 103
    edited 13.10.2016
    The gold flowers and mining licenses are the only features ever winnable to get some gold (please excuse me for not counting the ludicrous 50 gold upon levelling up), which can be spent in so many ways while seaweeds have extremely limited usage. And now those are gone? 

Another stupid (yes, there's no other word; well at least it's the cleanest I can think of) move is about the poll for bugs.
    Why is a poll needed? Fix ALL bugs!
    You introduced the big update when the test server was barely a few weeks old, with the best players still at low-levels (while some features would require to be at a much higher level to be fully tested), you didn't listen to any of the bugs reports or are not very good at paying attention/employing people who have understanding of programming and now you want to hide behind "players told us what they would like to have fixed first" rather than holding your hands up and clean your own mess?

Pure greediness and total disrespect... Keep checking your bank accounts, laughing at us ("yeah they can moan but what can they do individually? Anyhow there'll always be some to keep buying. Let's cash out on them. Hahaha"). Keep taking your customers for granted and you'll find yourselves out of customers without even understanding why that is...
    Post edited by Elco (GB1) on
  • Good evening,

during a coop challenge many players ended a mission with a few gold pieces, knowing that it gave a boost to go win gold flowers or the gold mining license.

The new formula is less motivating, so there will be fewer participants,  less gold  invested for win.

I feel that when we hope to earn gold it makes you want to buy too, because accustomed to use.

I think BIG FARM have shooting a ball in his foot !
  • This is only my personal opinion from what I have learned from previous games where I myself was more than just a player but also an employee. I understand adjustments have to be made all the time to better a game or to make it more appealing however, when you take something that players value dearly and can use not only to benefit themselves but also members of coops and or guilds (in this case the licenses and the flowers) you are placing yourself at risk of not only losing players but also setting players up to where they will deem it useless in playing in the CC period. It will be rendered a useless event. Its one thing to ADD things to make a better adjustment but it is a whole different thing when you take away things that are of such value to your players. Personally I just see this as a decoy to get people to purchase more gold and sadly there are those that will because they will have to learn the hard way that even a game is pushing its own players to the point of feeling like they have to burn up gold and real life cash just to benefit from a game. I think it would be more suitable if polls were placed where you ask players first and foremost before you decide to make any changes if they would rather have this or that done and rely on those polls to better the game. It also shows that you are thinking of the players and not yourself. I just think this is a huge mistake and as stated in previous statement...a shot in your own foot.
    The gold flowers and mining licenses are the only features ever winnable to get some gold (please excuse me for not counting the ludicrous 50 gold upon levelling up), which can be spent in so many ways while seaweeds have extremely limited usage. And now those are gone? 

Another stupid (yes, there's no other word; well at least it's the cleanest I can think of) move is about the poll for bugs.
    Why is a poll needed? Fix ALL bugs!
    You introduced the big update when the test server was barely a few weeks old, with old players still at low-levels (while some features would require to be at a much higher level), you didn't listen to any of the bugs reports or are not very good at paying attention/employing people who have understanding of programming and now you want to hide behind "players told us what they would like to have fixed first"?

Pure greediness and total disrespect... Keep checking your bank accounts, laughing at us ("yeah they can moan but what can they do individually? Anyhow there'll always be some to keep buying. Let's cash out on them"). Keep taking your customers for granted and you'll find yourselves out of customers without even understanding why that is...
    I agree Elco why would you need to take a poll about what is your responsibility to fix yet they roll out this big change without asking the players their feelings. Hmm it is sad when you lose trust with the players and I dont trust the people on high who dont seem to care about us at all. You can dress up a pig but it is still a pig so saying something is worth more does not mean diddly squat to the players who work to earn those gold rewards.
  • Sometimes..........all you can do is shake your head and wonder   ;)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 13.10.2016
    The easy way to fix this is to ensure ALL your players in your co ops use NO gold in the next CC and spread the word to as many co op so GGS understands we are not happy with change.  The only thing they will understand is the lack of money spent on the event.  Complain all you like but they will not listen.  Only thing they will listen to is their pocket!!!!

If not good enough for them to give us gold reward, we should not give them any gold reward.
  • Just a thought here......I wonder if this is the start of the removal of all possible "free" gold opportunities........why change both the rewards that involve gold. Why not change the catalyzer rewards instead or one of each? Think about it......it makes a bit of sense. I guess time will tell....
    Yes exactly both @Frog Princess (AU1)  and @Byron Longford (AU1)  I have said the same thing they keep shoving their ridiculous catylizers at us  and they give so little if they think they have to take it all away is sad there are lots of games out there that will like the money i spend here I got out of their game empire PDQ.  Byron I have let coop members know i will spend NO gold in next CC we are now in voting process as to play or pass anyway.
  • Both co ops I am in on AU and US server members are doing 1 mission a day just to clear side daily task.
  • Lil Extra Farm (US1)Lil Extra Farm (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    edited 14.10.2016
    It appears BF is now simply a pay-to-play game. If you are a lower co-op, you should know the top co-ops pay hundreds of dollars for gold each challenge to win the prizes and keep their #1 or #2 positions. The little gold for those who chose not to play this game a pay-to-play game is now being taken away with this change. Aka, you pay, or you don't get certain key things that must be done to be a higher ranked player...no matter how long or how hard you play. Since gold is absolutely required to pay the architect and many other features, and since you can no longer get gold for completing certain tasks, you will only get gold by paying for it now, you will have to pay highly to play this game. It's fine, if you are good with it - but I think to make these changes as if it is better for the players is a bit manipulative. The reality is it is better for the top co-ops who already pay large amounts to hold on to their title and for BF which makes money when they do so - thus this post which I could not seem to post in the Official Announcements section. 

Some folks are suggesting BF will lose players over this - probably so, and they have probably already calculated the number. I am sure they have run the numbers and decided they will make more in the long run despite whatever player loss the initial decision creates. They are a business after all, and businesses don't run for free. For me, I am willing to pay them some cash for some gold if it is reciprocated - meaning I could still effectively play the game (it might take longer and such) if I did not invest financially in it. Each player must make their own decision in this regard. 
    Post edited by Lil Extra Farm (US1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    GGS,

Can you tell us exactly which prizes will go away and what exactly will replace each one?
    Hey @gavinfarms (US1) they have told us what they are removing and replacing them with.
    Here is a quote from the "Official Announcement" 

"Hey everyone,
    The next Cooperative Tournament is coming soon and we want to let you know in advance that we enhanced some of the event rewards..
    Activity and ranking rewards that include goldflower seeds and gold mining licenses will be replaced by different kinds of seaweed items, of greater overall gold value than the one earned from the removed items.
    Some decorations will be replaced by other awesome decorations.
    The overall value of the rewards you can win will now be higher.

Best Regards,
    Your BF Team"

You can read into this how ever you want, personally it's not good for the game and definitely not good for the players :(  
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 14.10.2016
    We the players of BigFarm and the ones who pay for the development of BigFarm demand that the Goldflower seeds be given back... or else!

Goldflower seeds AND  the gold mining licenses  !!!

.... how dare GGS call this an enhancement I wonder, taking away (again !!!)  the only interesting prizes among a bunch of useless other stuff.  

Post edited by PCA (GB1) on
    We as player need to take a stand!
    Do Not buy Gold or use gold for the CC
    If and this is a big if enough players stop with the gold use and purchases.
    Things will have to change for the company to remain a profitable company by keeping their customers, yes us players happy so we want to spend our hard earned money on gold.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    Hmm, that was it....
    Almost the only way to have goldflower seeds and you are taking it away...
    So, no more missions. Thanks for that, i hate missions!!!
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    It seems that we, the customers, are very united on how we feel about the proposed changes to the coop championship rewards. I think we are entitled to these feelings because I think that these changes really affect the majority of players in coops that do missions as fairly as they can, without spending money on gold to buy tokens or reputation point bonuses. The reality is that if your coop doesn't place in the top 5 on a regular basis, then there really isn't any incentive to try and push for the top spot. The points gap is so huge that the only way these people are staying up top is that they are buying their points, and not spending hours on missions like the rest of us are. 

The gold flowers and gold mining license were those beacons of hope for us. It gave us a reason to have everyone do missions and unite for a good cause. You gave us a morale boost by giving us those prizes that give us gold. We NEVER, EVER complained about these prizes and it makes no sense why giving us prizes with your perceived beliefs of being "of better value" was needed in the first place. Will you even give us a single gold flower seed in the hard worker rewards?? Or did you put them into the "top 5 ranked coop" rewards and hope that you'll get us opening up our wallets?
  • Gloppity (US1)Gloppity (US1) Posts: 99
    edited 14.10.2016
    I think it would be more suitable if polls were placed where you ask players first and foremost before you decide to make any changes if they would rather have this or that done and rely on those polls to better the game. It also shows that you are thinking of the players and not yourself. I just think this is a huge mistake and as stated in previous statement...a shot in your own foot.
    Not sure if you were around when they had the poll a few months back - Ironically when they asked us what we valued the most - guess what was NOT on the list for us to choose from??? YEP - you guessed it GOLD!  They had seaweed this or deco that blah blah... So it was rather skewed because what we value most wasn't an option - so we were left choosing what do we value most from that particular list... Anyway it doesn't surprise me... :(

Ah yes Diddler!  Well said... That is my biggest beef with missions to begin with there isn't any reason I should be up against a level 16 (I am in the 80's right now)  nor should I be up against 200+  It should be structured more along lines of hardworker where in the missions themselves we are against other players our LEVEL  - THAT would give us incentives to build our farms if I am competing against someone +/- 20-30 levels (and it could be a higher range the higher we go)  but as it stands its extremely unfair - now to add insult to injury no chance to recoup gold we spend... Although curious

Does anyone remember what rewards we had prior to the changing into leagues?  How much gold/licenses could we win then???

This isn't farm VS farm this is wallet vs wallet.. \

Hmm, that was it....
    Almost the only way to have goldflower seeds and you are taking it away...
    So, no more missions. Thanks for that, i hate missions!!!
    OH AGREE ITS A RELIEF!!!!!  Although I do enjoy missions - it sure does take ALL pressure off :)
    It appears BF is now simply a pay-to-play game. If you are a lower co-op, you should know the top co-ops pay hundreds of dollars for gold each challenge to win the prizes and keep their #1 or #2 positions.
    OOH  I think its far more than hundreds LOL!!  But YEAH they spend :)
    ......but I think to make these changes as if it is better for the players is a bit manipulative.

........For me, I am willing to pay them some cash for some gold if it is reciprocated - meaning I could still effectively play the game (it might take longer and such) if I did not invest financially in it. Each player must make their own decision in this regard. 

OH YESS!!  The wording was quite crafty -  "More value"  which will most likely equate to a deco they would put up for sale at 20k gold but VERY FEW of us would EVER spend that kind of gold on a deco and how many of us actually buy seaweed?  Maybe more than I think - but I never buy such a thing, its great to have no doubt but if I don't have it - oh well no biggie - especially what am I going to need it for now to use in a mission where all I can hope to gain from it is more seaweed? UMM why don't I just skip the mission and keep what I already have???  Maybe it won't be as bad as it looks - just from past experience and the clear "more value" statement makes me very suspicious this is going to make the CC practically pointless to spend any resources on -

BUT on a great note maybe NOW the top groups will stop the madness and jump off the racetrack and just play to have fun - who cares what "place" we are in - focus on our farms and having fun in our day to day farming together!!!

AND I will hold out that maybe they left out that they are replacing all those catalyzer rewards with gold, licenses and goldflowers :)
    The easy way to fix this is to ensure ALL your players in your co ops use NO gold in the next CC and spread the word to as many co op so GGS understands we are not happy with change.  The only thing they will understand is the lack of money spent on the event.  Complain all you like but they will not listen.  Only thing they will listen to is their pocket!!!!

If not good enough for them to give us gold reward, we should not give them any gold reward.
    PRECISELYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reasonable person may be able to stomach a certain amount of this type of treatment and adjust, but you will find there comes a day when even a reasonable person gets pushed beyond their limits and say: no further, I'm out.

YEPPERS!  Last CC began my limit and said I'm out of spending gold to win... Now there is incentive to continue on that path!!!

Posts Merged | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
    We as player need to take a stand!
    Do Not buy Gold or use gold for the CC
    If and this is a big if enough players stop with the gold use and purchases.
    Things will have to change for the company to remain a profitable company by keeping their customers, yes us players happy so we want to spend our hard earned money on gold.
    I agree and will not spend any gold will do my one mission day for side task.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file