Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Test Farm?= A reward for your return - it'll be worth it! E-mail message?

I received an e-mail on Saturday sept 24 asking me to come back and feed my hungry animals and explore my farm. Since I have been playing my live farm all weekend I can only assume this is for my test farm. At the bottom of the email it states the following

"Password forgotten?
delcie, in case you've forgotten your password, you can request a new one without any problem. To do so just select the world TEST-Server 1 and enter your email address."  

Test server is unavailble right now is it not? I cannot access it to log in, so ????
Anyone else receive a similar email?

Best Answer

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    Answer ✓
    Its built into the game to send those out when you don`t login for a certain amount of time, so everyone should get one... Maybe we will be locked out long enough to get the one that gives us 875 gold hehe

Answers

• carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    Hi Delcie no you aren't the only 1. I received the same email over the weekend & know of a few others that received the email as well. Makes me laugh as GGS obviously doesn't know what it is doing as they are the ones that shut the test server done. Hopefully the gifts will be waiting there for us when GGS open up the test server again in early October.
  • Good to know I'm not alone, lol
    Confusing times, hope it gets straightened out soon. :D
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    Answer ✓
    Its built into the game to send those out when you don`t login for a certain amount of time, so everyone should get one... Maybe we will be locked out long enough to get the one that gives us 875 gold hehe
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Yep - me too - received the same email - but I am an oldbie so I know it's an in built thingy in the system so I just ignored it ... You are certainly not alone  ;)
  • Hiya everybody. :)

It seems that email was sent out to all players on the test farm and the email made me laugh, too. ;) Let's hope Lester sticks around to feed all our animals till we return. :) Perhaps our animals will all help each other, too, and keep our farms running till we can return. :D George Orwell's "Animal Farm" springs to mind. *grin* Love, Noddy.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Yep got 1 too :)
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Yet another email that wasnt sent to me :(
  • Yet another email that wasnt sent to me :(
    Bdreish- me to as always. :(  Every since I have been playing I get no emails about the goodies/freebies. But I do get a reply if/when I submit a ticket to support though.

As someone else mentioned (sorry can't remember what post or where (thank you for bring that up) on the forum) that I do get emails from GGS when I earn badges or when I get an email in the forum.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Yes, I had that Test server email too. It will be interesting to see if we actually get anything when/if test server comes back.
  • I have received the second email from goodgame.

While I have been logging in every day, I wonder what I have missed or is it a bug?

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    Did you play in test server? I think it comes from there, i had that too. It is an "automatic e-mai"l, build in the game.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Lol I have had 2 for test server . I feel awful, my dog Jimbob, my animals very hungry , my fields need watering and my workers partying on down with no one to lead them   >:)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 28.09.2016
                         I got the same 2 E-mails. It's from our test server accounts. My poor piggies miss me! :'(

• NoddyShepherd (DE1)NoddyShepherd (DE1) Posts: 1,102
    edited 28.09.2016
    Yet another email that wasnt sent to me :(
    Bdreish- me to as always. :(  Every since I have been playing I get no emails about the goodies/freebies. But I do get a reply if/when I submit a ticket to support though.

As someone else mentioned (sorry can't remember what post or where (thank you for bring that up) on the forum) that I do get emails from GGS when I earn badges or when I get an email in the forum.
    Hiya everybody. :)

When registering for the game, there is an option to turn off emails by GGS. All players who opted out of receiving emails will not get any emails from GGS at all. The exception are support replies, since we submit our emails when filing the ticket.

Other possible reasons for not receiving emails from GGS may be that emails end up in the spam folder and there seems to be a problem with some email providers (although I do not know why and thus cannot explain it). If I remember correctly, one of those email providers is AOL. G-mail works fine for me (and I never told GGS to stop sending me emails).

If you want your email address to be re-enabled, I think you can contact support to fix that problem. You can also change your email address (make sure to tell support before you change!), which may solve the problem of missing emails.

The messages we receive regarding forum activities are a whole different things: If you click on "settings" (top right corner in the forum, the icon is a little gear) and then pick "preferences", you can choose which activities you will be notified about and whether you want the notification by email or by a pop-up on the forum.

I hope this helps. Love, Noddy.

Edit: I just realized I forgot one possible reason (but don't know if that's an issue outside Germany). If you registered for Big Farm via a third party gaming provider, then you won't receive reward emails by GGS (that's because of GGS' contract with those third party providers - if you're eligible for email-rewards, then the company you registered through would have to send you rewards).

Edit (again, again ;) ): I think yahoo may have been another provider on the list. I can't find the post where I saw the list of providers that are problematic but will update here if I can manage to find the post I'm thinking of!
    Post edited by NoddyShepherd (DE1) on
  • Yet another email that wasnt sent to me :(

Hiya everybody. :)

When registering for the game, there is an option to turn off emails by GGS. All players who opted out of receiving emails will not get any emails from GGS at all. The exception are support replies, since we submit our emails when filing the ticket.

Other possible reasons for not receiving emails from GGS may be that emails end up in the spam folder and there seems to be a problem with some email providers (although I do not know why and thus cannot explain it). If I remember correctly, one of those email providers is AOL. G-mail works fine for me (and I never told GGS to stop sending me emails).

If you want your email address to be re-enabled, I think you can contact support to fix that problem. You can also change your email address (make sure to tell support before you change!), which may solve the problem of missing emails.

The messages we receive regarding forum activities are a whole different things: If you click on "settings" (top right corner in the forum, the icon is a little gear) and then pick "preferences", you can choose which activities you will be notified about and whether you want the notification by email or by a pop-up on the forum.

I hope this helps. Love, Noddy.
    @NoddyShepherd (DE1)  Thanks for that great info that is good to know. I suspected a while back that I should change my email (aol) but with all the issues & other important tickets support was receiving I held off. In fact I did a long time ago and never heard anything from support so I didn't bother with it again. Due to the fact I know it will be forever getting a reply. But I think that I will submit it anyway and just wait it out. Nothing so far from GGS has ended up in the spam folder, so it must be a aol thing. Someone else mentioned that to me a while back about aol also.

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    No I am yahoo and dont get any email or welcome gifts or anything else for that matter so maybe not just an aol  problem.

• Edit: I just realized I forgot one possible reason (but don't know if that's an issue outside Germany). If you registered for Big Farm via a third party gaming provider, then you won't receive reward emails by GGS (that's because of GGS' contract with those third party providers - if you're eligible for email-rewards, then the company you registered through would have to send you rewards).
     @NoddyShepherd (DE1)  - This is interesting the part I have bolded. It has been so long since I started playing and I can't remember, I do think I saw the game on another site then I googled the game. I want to say that I joined from the GGS homepage but I could be wrong. The other thing is if it was another site (not sure) I haven't received any emails or giveaways form any game sites. So this is definitely a mystery now, which help help solve this issue for a lot of other players. I don't know if I held on to my welcome email or not but I think I will try to look for it to see.

The good news is I did send support an email asking for their help with changing the aol account to a gmail account will just wait to hear from them.

Thanks again.

• [...] if you're eligible for email-rewards, then the company you registered through would have to send you rewards).
     @NoddyShepherd (DE1)  - This is interesting the part I have bolded. It has been so long since I started playing and I can't remember, I do think I saw the game on another site then I googled the game. I want to say that I joined from the GGS homepage but I could be wrong.
    [...]
    Hiya again. :)

When I joined Big Farm, I googled as well and made sure to join via the original company. It turned out last year that unfortunately did join via another company but was never able to find out which company that is, hahaha.

If you still have the original link you used to play BF, you may be able to find out if you joined via a third party company. Those who joined via GGS will have a GGS-link as the original link, e.g.:
    http://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/
    Those of us who joined via a different company will find a "w=" followed by a number behind the link, e.g.:
    http://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/?w=364

I was told that the "w=" plus a number indicates that you registered via a different company and it's some sort of redirection, but I'm not tech-savvy enough to explain it any better, I'm afraid.

The original link is only important for registration though. Once you have a BF-account, you can switch from a third party link to the GGS link! So if you happen to still have the original link bookmarked you'll be able to check. Also, those of us who didn't have a cinema (which was taken out of the game again a long time ago) on their farm didn't register directly via GGS. Unfortunately, there seems no way to change the situation unless we deleted our account and then started a new one via the GGS-link. But for those of us with a high player level that doesn't sound sensible. :(

Third party companies won't send the gifts GGS sends out to their "direct" customers, but may send other gifts at times. Some of the companies won't send gifts at all though (and whichever company I registered with doesn't send gifts ;) ). I did not have a cinema while it was available and inviting friends doesn't work for me, but I have received some of the gift emails from GGS. It seems to depend on which company you register with and whatever conditions that company has with GGS. Love, Noddy.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 28.09.2016
    I have checked span folders nothing there I never intentionally put down for no email how can i see if i did that accidently. I did take part in the cinemas

• amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    Thanks for the great information, Noddy :)

I never had the cinema either but I do get gift e-mails (though I can't say for sure I get them all) and I also had a farm friend (long ago).  So these things are a bit unpredictable for me too but hey, no matter ... it's not the end of the world ;)
  • When I started don't know why or what happened but I needed email changed  and I found an email from GGS about verifying that email & type in a ID. What I just noticed on that email was this:

>America Online Users Please Visit Here to be Activated</a>

I probably didn't use this  one as it was pointing to a different link for aol users, so that may have been part of the issue. I created the aol account just for games and found Big Farm about a week after I started that account. This email doesn't have a "w" anywhere after the .com. Mystery of this is going on.

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 28.09.2016
    @enochnock (US1)  -  I am also an aol user but I get the majority of emails that GGS send out, its these last few reward ones that I havent received.  Most annoyed about not getting the deco's for the Flower Farm problems we had/still have.  I also receive emails from GGS about Empire, which I registered for a long time ago and very rarely go to.  As you said enoch, the mystery goes on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file