Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 20 - From Test to Reality - Discussion

Comments

• carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    Yes you are right JVD the skip button is still in the original position but now they have put the production button in the same position over the top of the skip button. GGS should have moved the skip button to the top of the menu wheel as there would be less likelihood of any accidental clicking of it

Since the introduction of the new menu wheel I have occasionally accidentally spent gold by clicking the skip button when going for the production button especially when the game has lagged in moving over to where I wanted to go,,  this is a big design flaw but was probably intentional.
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 26.09.2016
    i have to agree with travel (INT1) i bought a new plot of land and used deco i had in my drop box to get my happiness back to where it was before,i got no free new deco. not received the compensation promised for the loss of decos on flower farm,
    Post edited by Letty.liongamez (GB1) on
  • My organic market limited contracts are still at level 7 (at level 99) before update, is there a timescale for fixing this?

Also still no compensation for flower farm, what is happening for people that did not get offered the deco comp?

Thanks
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    will say at this juncture that the menu wheel has improved for quickness of planting etc but I really miss being able to see how much feed you had from using the wheel.
    Yes, a great improvement. The long trail down the feeds and fert had been really irritating me (especially since the introduction of the lab) and this is so much better. ty GGS

.carjola (AU1) said:
    Yes you are right JVD the skip button is still in the original position but now they have put the production button in the same position over the top of the skip button. GGS should have moved the skip button to the top of the menu wheel as there would be less likelihood of any accidental clicking of it
    and again  yes. The Skip Button at the top would be sensible.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    STILL no award emails for playing the test farm - and I played it daily.  Also have still not received the compensation promised for the loss of decos on flower farm, is this going to be rectified please. 
  • Certain members of my cooperative game does not allow editing ..... gourmet farm, Viking farm ...
    All decorations and objects themselves are returning. Can not be moved, if desired.
    example:

http://prnt.sc/cmeoi7
    http://prnt.sc/cmefjd

When will be corrected this error?
    Please reply to.
  • all of this isinsane!

can't move or rotate building liked this
    On the menu of what you're trying to move/rotate, hover over the upgrade button.  The move/rotate buttons will appear there.  Found it quite by accident.
    On the menu of what you're trying to move/rotate, hover over the upgrade button.  The move/rotate buttons will appear there.  Found it quite by accident.

• I was going to buy the third land parcel but costs over 41 Millions.   I  just can't imagine how much would it be the 11th parcel.
    I think I will have to sell my son to buy it.   I am sure they want us to play longer, no problem.  But I assure you that new people will see those numbers as impossible goals to reach.  Have fun!!!  Happy Farming hahahaha
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I was going to buy the third land parcel but costs over 41 Millions.   I  just can't imagine how much would it be the 11th parcel.
    I think I will have to sell my son to buy it.   I am sure they want us to play longer, no problem.  But I assure you that new people will see those numbers as impossible goals to reach.  Have fun!!!  Happy Farming hahahaha
    as you level up and get your farms upgraded and profitable etc. you will see that you will amass millions of dollars.... need something to spend that cash on... it is not impossible but just takes time... level up... grow... make money!!! It can be done :)
  • I was going to buy the third land parcel but costs over 41 Millions.   I  just can't imagine how much would it be the 11th parcel.

• I was sitting on over 250 millions, been upgrading and bought  2 land parcels in the main farm.  My main farm is on production.  No Happiness  at all, up on over 400 happiness.  Not a problem I make lots of money.  But the new people will be a different story.
  • Found a Funny bug:

http://prntscr.com/cm1kv5

http://prntscr.com/cm1mul

Edit: Added a new Screenshot. ;)
    I encountered that a lot over the weekend.  Freaky!!
  • CityGirl (US1)CityGirl (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    I was going to buy the third land parcel but costs over 41 Millions.   I  just can't imagine how much would it be the 11th parcel.
    I think I will have to sell my son to buy it.   
    @Wulwina (US1)

• My Reality at this point is not making me a happy farmer.  I have a few questions
    1.  Why is the Flower farm so screwed up? I am not talking about the shape I am talking about first putting the decorations and major buildings in storage then removing them totally  I went from 89% happiness to -184% happiness.  I am seriously not amused.
    2.  Where did you hide the decorations on my Flower Farm after you removed them from the farm, and why did you remove them in the first place.   Now they are totally gone.  Not in storage not on the farm they are NO WHERE.  From what I am reading I am not the only one this has happened to and from what I have seen in the Test server forum you are not going to return them.  Is this correct?
    3.  Are you going to fix the issue or is this  just a ploy to make us purchase the land at those serious prices in order to put the decorations that I can't find any more  on the new layout?
    4.  Now only moderators can start a discussion?  What kind of hookey stuff is that?  This is where we vent our frustration, gain sympathy and connect to our fellow players in misery.and triumph (If there is any)
    Last but not least why are pages for this discussion 2 and 3 and 6-13 blocked from view?

I know we've had some differences but this is just plain being nasty.
    1) Because of the change in the shape of the flower farm they had to move a few items into the layout mode storage. All I did was remove as many decos as I could into storage then placed what I had in the layout mode storage back on to the flower farm then went into my inventory storage to place as many of the decos as I could back on the flower farm. Now I was not able to put all my decos back on but managed to get it most of done enough that I could finish and close it so I now have access to the flower farm and boat/ship.
    2) There will be a hot fix tomorrow some time to correct the missing decos from the flower farm
    3) You now have 11 more plots of land to buy on each farm I doubt they will lower the prices of said land.
    4) ??? what ??? are you kidding me?? Have that many players started threads/posts about the same thing that now we must get an ok from a moderator in order to start a new thread/post???
    I understood the thing about the shape. However the thing is it's still basically a square.  When they made it they removed houses, decorations only.  What I thought was weird was this didn't happen on any other of the farms and we still got those 11 extra spaces.  Even with rearranging what I had didn't put all the decorations back on the farm.  I under stand a few Items but they moved over half the houses, and all the money saving decorations those of 50 points or higher then removed them completely.  They did give back the mountain one but that was the only over 100 points they did give back.

I got the 2 decorations as well as 4 or five more that I had been missing all the low end ones.
    I appreciate the 11 new plots for the farm and I know they aren't going to just venting was all.  Last but not least I may have been wrong about the last one although I was attempting to make the above comment and it stated I was not a moderator and I needed to be approved.  Perhaps in the wrong forum because I am not sure where this one is!
  • OK Wabbit, I was wrong.  Things are not happy in my world, after all.

I am sick to death of having to go back and forth to get to my ship, then back to collect/harvest then back to fill the ship.

I am sick of having to go back and forth to start flash.

I want to know why I can't view my inventory on the horse ranch, which is a barren wasteland to this KY girl used to her horses grazing on bluegrass. I had to go back to a "real" farm to see how many horseshoes I have.  That's about as dumb as the ship and flash.

Why not put the ship and flash in the wasteland, too.  It makes as much sense as where they are now.

Maybe things will be brighter in my world tomorrow.  But, not likely if I have to still travel to the ends of the earth for things that were at my fingertips a week ago.

I understood the thing about the shape. However the thing is it's still basically a square. NO it is now rectangular... big difference

When they made it they removed houses, decorations only.  On my farm they removed houses, decos and production facilities, they were in the layout mode temp storage...

What I thought was weird was this didn't happen on any other of the farms and we still got those 11 extra spaces.   the reason it did not happen on the other farms is that the additional 11 plots were just added and the farm was not reconfigured. On the flower farm, they removed the 5 bottom plots, moved them to the left side and then added the additional expansion plots.

Even with rearranging what I had didn't put all the decorations back on the farm. this is where the problem was, we couldn't get all the decos back out that were put in the temp storage  of Layout mode and when we closed layout mode, they went to cyberland... with the hotfix, most of mine were returned (I am probably a lucky one and I do feel for those who did not get theirs back and still hope GGS finds a way to fix this properly) 

Overall, GGS should have given us a chance to put away our decos before the update, sometimes communication should be more for forthcoming from them and a major change of the farm field should have been given more thought as well by them and the consequences of such a major change.

• JVD (US1) said:
    Overall, GGS should have given us a chance to put away our decos before the update, sometimes communication should be more for forthcoming from them and a major change of the farm field should have been given more thought as well by them and the consequences of such a major change.
    @JVD (US1)  Ahh the power of hindsight! :)  That sounds like a very sensible idea, but if you think about it, had GGS said to us, "just to be safe you better pick up your decos", there would still be many people that didn`t, for one reason or another & they would now be saying, "well GGS knew there was a problem, because they warned us, so they should have fixed the problem instead of running the update". So we could assume that GGS did not know it might happen & therefore did not think of warning us. You could say that, given their track record & the sheer size of this update, there was a high probablity something would go wrong, in which case, are we not equally responsible for insuring the safety of our stuff & we could have picked them up ourselves when we saw the announcement.
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    When I saw the announcement of the update I warned all my co op to take screen shots of all their farms in case there was a major stuff up with GGS doing the upgrade. As far as I know none of the co op lost any deco's or had any problems putting everything back in place after they worked out the layout mode.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well I am still waiting to hear what is going to be done about the deco's that are still missing we were told last Friday that there would be an answer on Monday but it is now Tuesday and haven't heard any new update about this issue.
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    Another small bug after update:The truck overlaps the silo and its somewhat difficult to click on it and start production,If i change places with mill it overlaps mill too.Its not really that important but it will be nice if gets fixed in near future :)  

• ,http://prnt.sc/cmxc5d

Perhaps there could be a solution for a boat? :)
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    There is maintenance right now...? Wonder what for this time, i cant find anything in official announcements.  
    My apples should be ready now, i need to harvest them quick to get my tropical decoration for my beach gourmet farm... gosh the drama of harvesting!

P.S.: This is what aussie trees are like.  :D
  • Not sure if this anim will work, its a bit long for a gif, but I finally got a flower farm on the test server & captured this....

If it doesn`t work, here is a nice pic of a ferry for you to look at
    the laughing face...

OMG LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Maintenance is over and... and.. look @RunsWivScissors (GB1) I got one of those conniving lvl 1 contracts too now!!!!

• Maintenance is over and... and.. look @RunsWivScissors (GB1) I got one of those conniving lvl 1 contracts too now!!!!

That one wasn't a limited time contract either. :(
    JVD (US1) said:
    @JVD (US1)  Ahh the power of hindsight! :)  That sounds like a very sensible idea, but if you think about it, had GGS said to us, "just to be safe you better pick up your decos", there would still be many people that didn`t, for one reason or another & they would now be saying, "well GGS knew there was a problem, because they warned us, so they should have fixed the problem instead of running the update". So we could assume that GGS did not know it might happen & therefore did not think of warning us. You could say that, given their track record & the sheer size of this update, there was a high probablity something would go wrong, in which case, are we not equally responsible for insuring the safety of our stuff & we could have picked them up ourselves when we saw the announcement.
    very true and in my case, I was away from farm when it was announced and did not come back to the farm until after the update had happened... so nothing would have helped me! ;-)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    JVD (US1) said:
    JVD (US1) said:
    very true and in my case, I was away from farm when it was announced and did not come back to the farm until after the update had happened... so nothing would have helped me! ;-)
    in which case, are we not equally responsible for insuring the safety of our stuff & we could have picked them up ourselves when we saw the announcement.  SORRY:I am not equally responsible for keeping my stuff safe,I did not develop this game have no control over what is done so I will not assume nor do I think anyone else should have to take responsibilty for error and lost stuff.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 28.09.2016
    Maintenance is over and... and.. look @RunsWivScissors (GB1) I got one of those conniving lvl 1 contracts too now!!!!

@Michiru (GB1) Thank you for the screenshot, as Cookie said, that one is not a limited contract which is new, I will wave it under the nose of one of the devs immediately.    Just spotted the heading on the right, it is a Limited one afterall, it just doesn`t show a timer because you have completed it. :)

Sorry that there was no announcement for the hotfix last night, we were just waiting for the list of what was included, so that we could post it, when we heard it had been started already.  :|

• , as Cookie said, that one is not a limited contract which is new, I will wave it under the nose of one of the devs immediately.    Just spotted the heading on the right, it is a Limited one afterall, it just doesn`t show a timer because you have completed it. :)

Whoop!  Sorry.  I didn't even realize it was completed when I posted. :blush:
  • CookieHugs (US1)CookieHugs (US1) Posts: 308
    edited 28.09.2016
    @WascallyWabbit   Any word on the temp farms that were opened that several of us never wanted?

Edited;  I'm still losing anywhere from 175K to 350K per day depending on how much time I spend on the farm waiting for the ship to leave without the island slots filled.  I didn't ask for a temp farm and I still do not want one.

Happy Mid Week!
Sign In to comment.