Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 20 - From Test to Reality - Discussion

Comments

• 2 questions...
    1 ) .. Am I the ONLY person who still has FF in chaos?? I mean, NO decos returned, NOTHING in the form of "Compensation" decos..NOTHING has changed.
    2 ) .. Is there ANYONE out there who can tell me if there is ANY way for me to get my FF issues taken care of??
    SERIOUSLY ... ANYBODY??
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    Several members in my coop complains that they have got no deco's back and no compensation deco's.

They are really mad

• Several members in my coop complains that they have got no deco's back and no compensation deco's.

They are really mad

I certainly understand that anger. I am in the same boat.. I am LIVID
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Several members in my coop complains that they have got no deco's back and no compensation deco's.

They are really mad

They are really mad

I certainly understand that anger. I am in the same boat.. I am LIVID
    see this thread https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/133460/flower-farm-missing-decos-viking-farm-items-now-restored#latest and add to it... Wascally has already commented, in the thread, they would be looking into this....

• Huhouš (CZ1)Huhouš (CZ1) CZ1 Posts: 901
    httpmedia1webgardenczimagesmedia157e593bf081dfpnganglicky-mpng
  • I didn't get any compensation whatsoever. I had at least 2 viking ships disappear from my flower farm. I had an inventory with lots of decors. Fortunately not all my decors were lost. I had put some old decors on my ff to compensate for my viking ships, and thus I restored the lost happiness. So they don't care to give me compensation b/c my happiness doesn't seem to have been affected.
    I am still having a problem with the flower farm inventory. I just lost 1 more decor today when I put it back in my inventory it disappeared. So my inventory is still bugged with whatever I put in it disappearing!
  • I have played another game at least a year longer than this game.  I have also played other games in the past.  When updates were done, I NEVER experienced a  mess like this one.  Many of us have spent hundreds of real dollars on updating our decorations and buying gold to update our farms.  Surely you had everything backed up before this unsuccessful update so that you could put everything  back in place exactly like it was before the update and continue working on the future updates without creating such chaos for your players. 

The reshaping of the Flower Farm sucks.   I will be forced to buy more land before I can put my farm back in its original state and use all my decorations.  I am thankful you finally returned some of my decorations, but you failed to fully compensate me for all the REAL money I have spent, let alone the time I have spent.

Now, I have a negative happiness on my main farm.  I have not updated anything to cause this lack of happiness.  I am not missing any decorations, so evidently GGS has reduced the happiness that I spent, again, REAL MONEY on updating the decos.  Are you trying to force us to spend even more money?   I am thinking about banning the buying of any gold in the future and it will be GGS's loss.

If I could somehow "cash out" on this game, I would consider stop playing altogether.  I want to be FULLY COMPENSATED for all my loses, not a small percentage of my losses.  That is what would be fair.
  • Farmer Loki (US1)Farmer Loki (US1) Posts: 125
    edited 24.09.2016
    I got some kind of touring theater deco with happy rainbows and stuff to make up for lost decos---I was supposed to get that and a Henrietta the Chicken balloon deco---something got screwed up because i had too many items in inventory and I had to get rid of something. I got 2 theaters instead of one chicken balloon and one theater. Bummer, because I really always wanted the chicken balloon. But I'm glad I got something---I hope they figure it out so that everyone else gets compensated. I don't even know if any of my decos went missing. Anyway, thanks,  Big Farm.  :)

UPDATE... Oh, NICE. NOW the second theater is GONE. Now I've only got ONE theater and NO chicken balloon. Make up your mind, guys. Either stop taking stuff or give us stuff and DON'T take that stuff away. SOOOOOOOOOOO ticked off.
    Post edited by Farmer Loki (US1) on
  • Although the frustration and lack of patience set in on my end regarding the new update you guys remained calm and never stopped trying to right the wrong on your end. I apologize for the melt down and want to thank you for all the hard work and dedication you put in to fixing the flaws, and getting my stuff back and then some xoxoxoxo. It was very much appreciated!!

• Watch the gold you get as a bonus for logging in each day. It shorted me today. This mess needs to stop! It's not only the bogus compensations, it even now effects the things that used to work just fine. We just keep losing all around, it seems. I've stopped farming my Viking Farm altogether, as I refuse to spend any more money on it when I don't even get credited for the things I've produced, e.g., the penguin feed.  
  • Watch the gold you get as a bonus for logging in each day. It shorted me today. This mess needs to stop! It's not only the bogus compensations, it even now effects the things that used to work just fine. We just keep losing all around, it seems. I've stopped farming my Viking Farm altogether, as I refuse to spend any more money on it when I don't even get credited for the things I've produced, e.g., the penguin feed.  
    I stopped playing all the temporary farms because I was spending millions on them and getting nothing, basically. It's like, I spent probably 8 - 10 million and ended up by getting one or two candy houses or whatever at the end of the whole thing. Not worth it unless you don't mind spending a LOT for a small prize. I'm so tired of bait-and-switch type deals...
  • I played on the test server so I am used to this new format. I do not like the boat not being on the main farm, it is out of sight out of mind for me... but I am sure I will get used to it.  Myself and members of my co-op are experiencing being kicked out when we go into layout mode, upgrade a house, move decos, and when on horse farm. The game freezes or logs us off. We noticed the chat lags sometimes also. I have noticed the visitors sometimes do not pay due to a game lag and harvesting lags to where I have to sign off and on because it is as if I clicked it and it will harvest but then nothing happens, same with the dog I click him and nothing happens. I do appreciate being compensated for Viking Farm and I know these glitches will be fixed at some point and the game will continue to upgrade and update. 
  • Decos are back & all is well! Thank You...still not too sure if I like all the changes tho...it does take a bit to get used to...
  • I have my dec back, and the two of my choice.  Thanks.
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    I like most of the changes in the update, and appreciate the fixes made since the update.

However, I am experiencing a high incidence of discrepancies between server and PC stock levels.  When a harvest will exceed the available storage space, and I try and sell off all of that produce in the barns, the command does nothing because the stock level on the server is less than the amount I am trying to sell.

The errors seem tied in with the sales to neighbors at the Organic market.

I recorded the stock levels in Farm management, logged off, reconnected, and noted the new stock levels.  These are the discrepancies -
    Rice - was 1956, reduced by 91 to 1865
    Magic beans - was 676, reduced by 32 to 644
    Rapaseed - was 231, increased by 154 to 385
    Wildflowers - was 155, increased by 1 to 156
    Wheat - was 2579, reduced by 92 to 2487
    Jasmine - was 1607, increased by 190 to 1797
    Eggs - was 2597, reduced by 68 to 2529
    Apples - was 2302, reduced by 153 to 2149
    Cherries - was 2096, reduced by 38 to 2058
    Almonds - was 2376, reduced by 16 to 2360
    Peaches - was 1757, reduced by 80 to 1677
    Citrus fruits - was 2116, reduced by 96 to 2020
    Honey - was 2520, reduced by 206 to 2314
    Wax - was 2480, reduced by 123 to 2357
    Chicken feed - was 1088, increased by 923 to 2011
    Goat feed - was 962, reduced by 325 to 637
    Almond muffins - was 2007, reduced by 103 to 1904
    Summer bouquet - was 607, reduced by 20 to 587
    Pasta gift basket - was 1653, reduced by 52 to 1601
    Romantic bouquet - was 567, increased by 150 to 717
    Floral perfume - was 1429, increased by 129 to 1558
    Sweet scented oil - was 1304, reduced by 65 to 1239
    Essence of lavender - was 2125, reduced by 257 to 1868
    Essence of jasmine - was 2071, reduced by 92 to 1979
    Aloe vera gel - was 2076, reduced by 88 to 1988

I didn't do any any harvests, production, selling, or other activity between the two snapshots.

• I just thought of something, when the "buff" that makes training horses take only an hour instead of four and makes it cost half as many horseshoes pops up will I only be able to see it on the horse ranch window or will I also be able to see it on my other farms? i really do not want to have to go to the ranch just to check all the time.
  • We spent money and months of waiting on the Architect. After the update, we found that those items no longer require the architect.

What else have we lost?

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 24.09.2016
    My Organic market is fully upgraded again on all 3 farms!! Woohoo
    Mine isn't, only main farm organic market has the correct visual level since the update, gourmet and flower markets are still measly lowermost level visually  :'(

Edit: I just had a peak at your gourmet market and the stall is as tiny as mine...? Did you mean your contracts are back to normal?

Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • apple pie (INT1)apple pie (INT1) INT1 Posts: 53
    Hello

i m so sad and disappointed. no compensation  !!

i have lost my ice palace, i worked a lot to win it  and what ??  nothing  !! 

something goes wrong, 

it was easy to send the same compensation  to all the people, nice way to make us happy !

:'( 
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    My flower farm is still in layout mode. I was waiting for the hotfix to take place before squashing as many decorations as possible into it.  But now, after the hotfix I am still nervous.  Does anybody know if I can still lose decorations?
  • My Organic market is fully upgraded again on all 3 farms!! Woohoo
    Mine isn't, only main farm organic market has the correct visual level since the update, gourmet and flower markets are still measly lowermost level visually  :'(

Edit: I just had a peak at your gourmet market and the stall is as tiny as mine...? Did you mean your contracts are back to normal?

Same here---all of my organic markets except the main farm are also the lowest level. PLEASE fix this!
  • .Is it possible to restore the appearance of the old organic market? 
     It only takes a little to move the tree to fit all the stalls that have been there before.
  • GGS when are you going to CARE ENOUGH to answer my questions from my previous post??????????? All I want and I'm sure a lot of people want is an option to have things before the update. Like the horses, the ship, etc. accessible in at least the main farm and the organic farm costumers to all be the same in all the farms cause it is a pain to check all the farms and hope that they just got there to get the bonus. I would also like to have my flower farm back, I'll be honest the update didn't make lose any decos or I just didn't notice but it did affect my cousin and other people. Why did you change it in the first place?? This game is supposed to be fun now looking at my farm gives a giant headache. As I said in previous posts my computer is slow and now doing missions will be more difficult because i used to check on the costumers or race while the products were ready. Now in order to do that I must visit 4 farms, that just makes the game more BORING and MADDENING. There are many other problems that you should fix but you read our comments and complaints so you people should know them. RIGHT???????????
  • Benicia (AU1)Benicia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 63
    I have upgraded 1 of my cowsheds to lvl 9, its gives me 588 milk, and my lvl 6 cowshed gives me 620 using same feed
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Ok, played the game for a few days after the big server update and here are my thoughts. The new horse ranch/farm area, complete waste of time. I don't see the point of having an entire farm area for a few things that are clickable.......its confusing.

I have also experienced a few bugs involving the neighbours and basic collections on my farm that mostly occur when my storage levels of that certain product i'm harvesting is full. Also not liking the fact we cant see how much fertiliser we have when we click on an orchard. The flower farm is also an absolute mess, why is there a need to change the shape? Why have some of us lost high level decorations? Compensating us with measly rewards isn't going to solve the problem. Distracting us with pretty pictures of oversized herring (is it a whale?) lightning and other pretty little animations also doesn't solve the bug problem. The update shouldnt have happened until all these issues were resolved first.

On a bright note I'm liking the new farm plots and extra upgrades being available for all things on the farm. Sure the plots are a bit on the expensive side but I don't mind that at all. If the game is made too easy then whats the point of playing right?
  • @Darypr (US1)  I am sure you are aware that there have been several technical issues with the update & the priority at the moment is to get those fixed as soon as possible, so that everyone can use their farms.

In the meantime, feedback is being gathered from these discussion threads on all the forums, as well as from the test server forum, to get an overview of what the majority of posters like or dislike about the changes to the game design & features.

I am sorry that we can not reply to every question right away, but your comments have been moved to this thread, where they will be included in the feedback.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    My Organic market is fully upgraded again on all 3 farms!! Woohoo

.Is it possible to restore the appearance of the old organic market? 
     It only takes a little to move the tree to fit all the stalls that have been there before.
    Once you complete a contract, your market stalls will grow back to their normal appearance. :smiley:
  • Elco (GB1)Elco (GB1) Posts: 103
    I share @gizmo22 (AU1) opinion about not liking the fact I cannot see how many fertilisers I have by clicking on a busy building and have to go through the not so visually pleasing Farm Management tabs.

I'm not keen on having customers on different farms, which means that if we don't switch constantly between farms, we might miss out on selling products at the 20% extra.
    I for one have stopped selling products because the incentive is less than the hassle.

I don't like not seeing when I have enough fuel to have my horse to compete.
    Previously there would be a giant exclamation point indicating that I had at least 12 fuels available. Not anymore unless I remember to check on the wild west feat.

On the other hand, yes being able to upgrade all buildings and purchasing new plots is nice but it also raises the question about whether the way to calculate the happiness will be reviewed or not? It is currently based on an "old" system which has now been replaced to fit more buildings, houses and decorations. I fear huge imbalance soon (and who would like to have prod level at +300% because of a few extra houses) unless it is confirmed that this is being reviewed as well?

Lastly I for one don't mind the new shape of the flower farm. Just turning around my meadows to allow more space at the bottom for decos and will throw some olive grove and apiary in the extra space (provided the happiness doesn't suffer too much from the addition of extra houses).
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 25.09.2016
    I am very reluctant to write here, because I haven't got that much complaints. I must be very lucky!

FIRST: I love the new updates!! THX for the expansions on our farms, that's one of the things us players asked for; great!
    And I love, love, love  <3 the looks of the new level 9 upgrade - those graphics are beautiful!!! THANKS!
    Very happy with the 'repeat button' in the ring menu of all production items - now we can, if desired, choose faster for the product which we were already using. Like we already had on our fields/gardens.  THANKS!

Me too: I had to figure out things and get used to the changes - but: 
    I am not bothered at all by the different "surroundings of the old MF" features being spread over different pages now. I had to switch between farms in the old days - now I have to switch between farms again: so not much change for me there. Only thingy IMHO to get used (and I already am) to is where to find the different surroundings buildings now:
    - Flower Farm => + Greenhouse + Ship
    - Gourmet Farm => + Airport + Deco Tower + Village (not operational yet, if this is the intention)
    - Horse Ranch => + Mine  (has his own page now, and promises us another new feature in the future (maybe another market?))
    - Main Farm => + Garage + Library + Academy + Lester's Stash
    - All Farms do have the parking place with all the actual running events; on all farms we have customers/neighbors coming; the red exclamation marks as well as these ‘icons with baskets’ give me notice on which farm is a crop/stable ready, or something else to do for me. Great!
    I always had to switch between 3-4 (when Island is running 4) farms, the only difference is now I have to switch between 4-5 farms. Can't see any problem there.

Oh yes, I would rather have the Greenhouse near my MF, but I can get myself used to where it is now. Not feeling like I have to complain about that. Coz I can get over it.

And yes, the game lagged big times after the update, I even logged out for a whole day as I was fed up with every move going so slow. Didn't feel like complaining about that either, just decided to give it a day. Next day cleared caches and browsers and logged in again: no lagging problems whatsoever since then, everything OK. 

I must admit that I for one really liked to puzzle on the new layout of my FF to get all buildings & decos back and of course as profitable as possible - I really liked to have to plan some new strategy - and now I even do have more happiness there than I had before: I went from -85% to -92%!! Only bought 1 new plot until now.
    Lost a few decos but waited patiently as I knew I would get them back some day (didn't feel the need to complain about that either) - and indeed, yesterday we got back what we lost, plus a nice compensation. I am really satisfied with that!

And I lost all my fertilizer after the update, but never wrote Support about it, never complained about it - I am an oldbie so just knew it would take only a few days to get it back and in good order again: and yes, with the last hot fix all my fertilizer was back again. 

On the other hand:

Organic Market on FM is intact again, but the market stalls on GM and FF are still too small - so that has to be rectified yet. I'll wait and see.... EDIT: And just read in the post from @jess_d (US1) above mine a possible solution. Yáááy!

Yes, my Viking Island which I never visited because I had no intention to play it this time - spontaneously opened all of a sudden without me ever visiting that island or clicking any button! But I don't bother that much, I have 1 field and 1 house now and am producing only this "Viking jacket". Collecting some runestones, so no problem 
    ;) 

What I really really would like to see changed back tho is the possibility to see how much stock you had in your info-ring. I believe it to be a burden to have to open your Farm Mgt tab that often, only to check how many stock you have. So I posted about that and we started a new PLEA thread with a great poem on this subject (ma"@farmerjohn 22 (US1)), which you can find here:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/134116/a-simple-request-for-the-developers

I always told myself just to be patient & look at things positive, so I'll try to be/do that now too - I am sure the developers are doing their utmost to get things right again 
    :p 

Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • roadrunnernm (US1) said:
    Yes Kim I have tried every which way but to no avail---- the lay out will not go away and nothing is workable -- the poor dog is starving!!!!!-- the Captain is yelling at me from the deck-- and the Greenhouse has begun to decompose!!   Woe is me!!
    @roadrunnernm (US1)  You go to your FF and it is open in layout mode yeah? So far so good lol Then what?  Do you have the stuff that was touching the new edge of the farm all in the temporary storage slot? Are you able to move things around on your farm? Are you able to switch to outline view & back again?  Sorry for all the questions, but I seen a few people saying they can`t use they FF, but no one is really saying what is happening there. Maybe it will all be ok after they run the hotfix to recover FF decos. :)
    RWS... when i go to the flower farm its in lay out mode--- there is the new land space (empty) and some houses and some decos and definitely not how i had the farm in the first place-- but most of my farm is located in the panel ( i hope!!) and some decos green box.
    The layout mode panel is constantly visible and the "x" is ready to go for moving things!  I can move stuff that is  visible on the farm but it goes right back to where it was when i open the area. I can click on that little outline box i guess and close that too but farm remains the same.  I tried to place a deco from the green box thinking that would do something but the deco doesn't appear on the space and it didn't help accomplish anything.
    I can not access Ship or the Greenhouse as all i have is the "x"..... I can not click on the sign posts either to get me off the FF so i have no option to get back to main farm or log out-- I have to go to the HOME icon and get back to home page on my browser and then log back into US server--- and this has been every day since the new format was presented  and I am not liking it at all!!
    I have been fooled by thinking it works as i get the little harvest ready icon above the opening page icon so like a dummy i fall for it thinking wow its fixed!! so i head over to it, click on it but  nope not fixed and once again ruins my game play mind!!
    I just want my Flower Farm back-- !!!

Sign In to comment.