Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 20 - From Test to Reality - Discussion

Comments

• Linda Gail (US1)Linda Gail (US1) US1 Posts: 27
    edited 23.09.2016
    There was supposed to be a compensation for losses on the Viking Farm. I have not received the $250,000 snow dollars, nor the 70 penguin feed.  Why is this transition such a terrible mess? I'm not continuing with the Viking Farm if this isn't fixed within 24 hours. It's a loss of time and money for me, but I'd rather cut my losses now than continue as even the compensations aren't working!
    Edited to say: And now, just after buying a plot on my Flower Farm, and putting the Ice Cream truck that was there into storage until I reorganize the plot, IT'S GONE! No more Ice Cream Truck. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Can't get boat to open by clicking on it. Haven't been able to get it open to load since update
    Some of us have found we can access the boat by clicking on the harbor instead.
  • Flower Farm decos?  What about getting back my ENTIRE Flower Farm back and in an operational mode!!!  and since the Ship and the Greenhouse are found there too, they need to be functioning also!!  So not good to wake up again and find out this was not a bad dream!!
    Hi, have you tried going to the flower farm using the sign post and not the toggles on the right hand side of the screen?  My FF was in op mode every time I visited and then a coop member suggested using the sign post to the left of the coop tree and it worked straight away.

Kim

Yes Kim I have tried every which way but to no avail---- the lay out will not go away and nothing is workable -- the poor dog is starving!!!!!-- the Captain is yelling at me from the deck-- and the Greenhouse has begun to decompose!!   Woe is me!!

• roadrunnernm (US1) said:
    Yes Kim I have tried every which way but to no avail---- the lay out will not go away and nothing is workable -- the poor dog is starving!!!!!-- the Captain is yelling at me from the deck-- and the Greenhouse has begun to decompose!!   Woe is me!!
    @roadrunnernm (US1)  You go to your FF and it is open in layout mode yeah? So far so good lol Then what?  Do you have the stuff that was touching the new edge of the farm all in the temporary storage slot? Are you able to move things around on your farm? Are you able to switch to outline view & back again?  Sorry for all the questions, but I seen a few people saying they can`t use they FF, but no one is really saying what is happening there. Maybe it will all be ok after they run the hotfix to recover FF decos. :)
  • it sucks!!!! I can't access the boat to ship goods, my flower farm is 2/3 of what it used to be and it keeps telling me to place buildings, won't let go of that request and I have no place to put the buildings.  I'm with tracey40, fix it. I've been playing practically since it started (you might want to fix your Timeline which congratulated me on playing for 2 years, a date  I passed about 2 years ago.) but with this new set up I think it is time to stop.

• SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    Thank you, artful. Tried it and it works doing that  :)
  • My flower farm decos are still MIA.  I had an oasis of idleness at 204 happiness and many many others over 100.  Please, please, please bring them back.  Except for the poor bees, I have abandoned the flower farm. I have played this game for years and endured every update and bug but this one is the worst. 
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 23.09.2016
    @Mykol (US1) and anyone else who cant close Layout mode:

I think that you cant close the layout mode if you have houses and production facilities there. So try to store a few decos, Then try to fit in all your facilities (fields, trees, honey, distillery, shop, etc...) then place back as many decos as you can before closing the layout mode.

I didn't lose any decorations on my Flower Farm, so I don't know for sure if this works for everyone, but that was how I did it....I was very careful about closing the layout mode because on the Test farm I lost a few decos..
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
  • Personally, I HATE the updates!  The flower farm doesn't work at all, and my citrus and olive groves ate gone!  I don't like having to jump around so much looking for stuff, either.  Why make it more complicated???  Also, expanding the farms would be great, but it is much too expensive.  These are the kinds of "improvements" that kill a game...and make me want to find something else to play, because it isn't fun when it becomes a headache.  :(   Please undo this horror!

• BAckground glitches I got when I signed on:

• edited 23.09.2016
    IF I do ever get all my decos back that I had on the Flower Farm, I will have no space to put them due to the change in the format.  How is that fair?   GGS needs to put the original dimensions back and restore our Flower Farm to its previous condition, then allow us to buy extra land --if we can ever afford the outrageously expensive land.
    I've seen a few people say that, and I can't figure out what you mean about no space?  You'll have the same amount of space, if you had 25 (5 x 5 full farm) squares before, you'll have 25 squares again, just not as 5 x 5 - and then you'll have another 11 squares available to be bought (new farm is 9 x 4, rather than 5 x 5)
    You cannot put the same objects in a triangle that you put in a square.  Not too difficult to figure out.
    IF I do ever get all my decos back that I had on the Flower Farm, I will have no space to put them due to the change in the format.  How is that fair?   GGS needs to put the original dimensions back and restore our Flower Farm to its previous condition, then allow us to buy extra land --if we can ever afford the outrageously expensive land.
    I've seen a few people say that, and I can't figure out what you mean about no space?  You'll have the same amount of space, if you had 25 (5 x 5 full farm) squares before, you'll have 25 squares again, just not as 5 x 5 - and then you'll have another 11 squares available to be bought (new farm is 9 x 4, rather than 5 x 5)
    You cannot put the same objects in a triangle that you put in a square.  Not too difficult to figure out.
    Exactly.  A CD mailer is 6x6.  A mailer 4x9 is the same size, but you aren't going to get that CD in it, now are you?   :)
  • Dear people at GGS, PUT MY FARM BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!!!!!!!! I really think we should have an option as to how we want our farms to look. The old version or the new version, I CHOOSE OLD. It's so much more efficient i dont have to go to many different farms to do side tasks, when before i could reach them all from my main farm. IT'S STUPID. We didnt need a almost complete reboot to have new plots or that new building in the horse stable zone. You could have just added the co-op village as a side farm and put that thing there or something. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME BACK MY FARM!!!! I'll admit the new version is prettier and more realistic but I want efficient and fun. NOT this crap that has been forced on me. I have been an a faithful player that has been playing since the beginning I remmember the old gourmet farm, the supposed 4th farm with the paint brush, the old missions and basically how everything has changed. Some for the better and now how it has changed for the worse. Do you people even listen to us???????????? Or is this just a place to vent out our frustrations and feel like you're listening, when in reality you F****** could care less if we like this update or not and we are going to get stuck with it??????? Can you answer me that GGS???? Do you care enough to answer me????????? You know my e-mail.
  • Log on, go to main farm.  See the ship has finally made it back.  Hurry over there to fill it with what I have (since I can't fill with stuff from the greenhouse because I never opened a temp farm), and discover I need pigs.  Have to wait for the OM walk up to get to the stand before I can go back to the main farm, since she won't follow me.  She doesn't pay me, so it seems.  So, I have to reboot the game to make sure.  Well, all these screens are killing my limited RAM laptop.  It's still rebooting, so I don't know if I got paid, or not.

Still have to go to the main farm to collect the pigs, then go back to the FF to load the ship.  This is wearing me out!  I need exercise, but my goodness.  This is just too much!
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    Log on, go to main farm.  See the ship has finally made it back.  Hurry over there to fill it with what I have (since I can't fill with stuff from the greenhouse because I never opened a temp farm), and discover I need pigs.  Have to wait for the OM walk up to get to the stand before I can go back to the main farm, since she won't follow me.  She doesn't pay me, so it seems.  So, I have to reboot the game to make sure.  Well, all these screens are killing my limited RAM laptop.  It's still rebooting, so I don't know if I got paid, or not.

Still have to go to the main farm to collect the pigs, then go back to the FF to load the ship.  This is wearing me out!  I need exercise, but my goodness.  This is just too much!
    I agree at 1000% !
     We need AT LEAST the ship back on our main farm :'(
  • now all those extra people are coming to buy your goods, great you think, earn some extra money, hold on a minute, they are taking the goods and not paying for them! where is our big farm police force to apprehend them!
  • You are right... I hope that the Big Farm team will change back to the original one.Then, players who has been buy the farm lands that added after update should get back them dollar using in that, the upgrading of building is same too.
    ~THE NEW PATTERN FARM (AFTER UPDATE) IS SO BAD FOR ME. I'M SAD...... I'M REVOLT......
    ~WHAT'S THE BENEFITS OF THAT??? I ONLY KNOW 
    DISADVANTAGES IS TOO MUCH......
  • gainusha (RO1)gainusha (RO1) RO1 Posts: 41
    Many people are making money on the flower farm, but now they lost all the decos there.... How can they earn money for the development?????
    When this will be fixed and will receive all the stuff back?????????
  • Does anyone know where is the village? What are village dollars?
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    when hotfix will come ?
    hope i msg should be send to all farm regarding the time taken by the hotfix because npng is gng on
  • I like the new ring. New background and layout. The expansion of land World map. .. Broken the monotony.

I do not like altered flower farm. Gone decorations with flower farms. A ship is not visible and at the main and gourmet farm ... Level 9 bakery products that gives less than the level of 8 .... Customers who do not pay. .. Ugly organic market.

PS:Sorry for my bad english
  • Sorry due to large letters ... not intentionally :)
  • gainusha (RO1)gainusha (RO1) RO1 Posts: 41
    108 hours to upgrade a duck to 9 level !!!!! Is this a joke?

• Prince13 (INT1)Prince13 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 87

"Another hotfix just now to reimburse lost decos from the Winter Wheel of Fortune We will look into the missing Flower farm decos tomorrow, too! "

--------------------------

we are still waiting and keeping our finger crossed for our lost FF deco's

we expect ALL the deco's to be back

we also expect  Compensation for the huge amount of money we lost due

to the new low happiness in the FF after the update 

• Mailili (SKN1)Mailili (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 6
    I have lost several decorations at my Flower Farm. :s

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 23.09.2016
    Uh ............. well .............. I'm impressed. :) GGS managed to [****] off more players then ever. :) That's the one thing they are really good at. Well, for lack of time I skip the looooooooong list of bugs and problems and complaints and sarcastic remarks for now and come up with something positive for a change. :)

I acknowledge and support most of the complaints presented in this long thread, but two things made me change my mind for now. New land and new level for buildings. These two make the game a bit more meaningfull for me and I'm comming back to play. I am ok with high price of new land and long time for upgrade - that makes sense in long term game. Would be boring if I could get everything in a few days. So back to calculations to see which upgrades make sense.

Other changes, I actually mostly like them. Don't struggle with finding my way around and a lot seems to make a bit more sense now then before. Also like tiny improvements like production ring new layout, production bars on the right telling the tale without visiting the farm first, shop and bakery remembering their last product for easy repeat (like fields), big pointer on the right to notify you about changes in one of the farm, full screen button etc ............ I'm also curious about new bits of the game yet to come, some of which we have place holders for on the map etc. And of course graphic design is top class as usual. :)

As everyone, I'm waiting for Flower Farm fix, operating with lower happiness for now. Well yeah, it's crap, typical mess, standard GGS low quality/weak responsibility in nearly everything, a lot needs fixing, another lot needs improving, organic market makes even less sense now then before so needs some tweaks, but hey, I'm back for now. And will come with more specific comments after the dust settles and I'd had time to experiment ................ let's see how long they can keep me in.

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Something BigFarm should notice in reading this long thread is how important ease of use and efficiency is to the players of the game.

So any time you have a new idea about additions or changes to the game, you should evaluate it with regard to its effect on ease of use and efficiency.  If you're adding more clicks, more changes of location, more mouse actions with your new idea, then think about ways to minimize them before implementing your new idea.

Similarly, it's obviously important to players to be protected against unintentional costly mistakes.  If your new idea makes it easy to load a 7-hour process when you mean to load a 10-minute process, or to accidentally spend a million dollars when you're only trying to find out how much something costs, then add in some protections or ways to undo the mistake, or at least make the actions so startlingly different from one another that confusing them is extremely difficult.

Being creative is a wonderful gift, but it's probably as or more important to know who you're being creative for.
    Thank you, artful. Tried it and it works doing that  :)
    Good deal!
  • Loving the new update.  Really impressed with logon to the World Map.  Can choose where I want to play first.  New features are great as well.  Keep it coming....really liking it now....
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    Still nothing about Flower Farm missing decors...
Sign In to comment.