Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 16th - Test server is go! - Discussion

168»

Comments

• where is it, how do i get it, is the only way to get to game thru the email link when u start the game, i started  yesterday, cant figure out server thing
  • badianier (FR1)badianier (FR1) Posts: 838
    edited 06.09.2016
  • oh good grief!
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 07.09.2016
    Oh no! It's fun! It's so much fun 

It's raining goodies all over the place LOL, you name it, it's dropping ... and all theme events running at the same time...I am running around like crazy, afraid I won't catch everything in time before it hits the ground!

Can't see my farm anymore, and dono whether I will ever be able this way to detect any bug, but who cares, I am having fun! 
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    LOL!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    First you need to sign up/join the test server to play on it. You are advised to use the same email address that you used to sign up/join Big Farm in the first place, on the live server.
     Be sure your windows auto password save is turned off & your browser history is clear, then go to the log in screen, check near the bottom for the flag, to the right of that change to "test-server" then log in through the little box top right. To log into the the live server repeat above but change to your country's flag, in your case "US1" & log in through the little box top right.
  • where is it, how do i get it, is the only way to get to game thru the email link when u start the game, i started  yesterday, cant figure out server thing
    @BlackTeri (US1)  Hi Teri, Welcome to BF :)

It sounds like you got the email announcing the Test server. As you have only just started building your farm, I would just ignore that if I was you. The Test server is just a demo of some new features that will eventually be added to the live game, which has been set up so that players can test it for bugs. It works differently from the real game, so you would probably find it very confusing to learn 2 different ways of playing when you are only just trying to get used to the game & I doubt you would be able to spot if something was a bug if you haven`t playerd the real game. Stick with your new farm, you can always join the Test server later if you want to, I don`t think it will be going anywhere for a while.

If/when you do want to start a farm in there, you just go to the login screen & change the server at the bottom of the page to "TEST Server"  then use the large box in the middle of the screen to create an account there. Your current farm is on the US1 server, so to get back to that one, just set the server on the login screen to United States 1. Once a farm exists, you always use the small login box on the right to log into it.

• UserDIgger (US1)UserDIgger (US1) US1 Posts: 55
    edited 07.09.2016
    AH....  I have not been able to get into the forums in many weeks.  FINALLY got a note about the restructuring and am I still having problems let them know.
    Well  half the problem is I can get in here now so that's good....

THIS place is where I usually find answers.....  Seems I just did thanks to RunsWivScissors.

copy;
     to create an account there. 

SO SIMPLE.   Gotta create a NEW account to test the thing????  All this time I thought it was some bug in their log in system.
    GEES WHY NOT POST THAT ON THE PAGE????

Oh well... after all this time I will finally get to see what it's all about.   
    (Hmmmm maybe I should have tried first.... dont jinx myself.)

Ok, well that was odd.   I'm logged into the game on the UK server with user name artmaker.
    How it got me here with one of my other farm names from the US server is a puzzle.
    What ever, I"ll deal with that one later.
  • @UserDIgger (US1) If the accounts have the same email address, that will be why it is swapping between them on the forum. It depends which farm you are on when you click the forum button. As the US & EN forums are now one forum, you will end up here with whichever name you are on. :)
  • love this game so far
  • vtkady (US1)vtkady (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    edited 18.09.2016

I have a couple of question on what the exclamations mean in some locations. 

1) On the world map, I often see a white box with purple exclamation points with a designation like 'x1' over one of the farms.  I have not figured out what this means.    

2) When I go to the main farm, I see a red exclamation point over the world map icon on the list of farms to jump to (right of farm screen)

Post edited by vtkady (US1) on
  • Astor (NL1)Astor (NL1) NL1 Posts: 150
    for your 1st pic i think it means that you'll have 1 job to do and about pic 2 means something is ready on one of your other farms
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Question please everyone,

does anybody know when GGS will resume adding new features to the regular game ?  Since the test server was launched there have been no updates. Now we know the test server  will be permanent and not temporary

When will the features shown in the test server become part of the real game ? Or any other features at all ? We used to have game updates every couple of weeks if not every week even

Sorry if this question was already asked and answered, I cannot find it anywhere, if an answer exists will somebody  please point me at it ?

thank you !  :smile:
  • @PCA (GB1) Has been a while eh, its weird not having broken stuff on my farm hehe about time we had an update to fix that I did see someone ask somewhere, but they never do tell us whats coming until we get the official announcement, so I guess all we know is that we are not getting an update today. Image result for smiley dunno
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Has been a while eh, its weird not having broken stuff on my farm hehe about time we had an update to fix that 
    Glad you don't have any problems.  
    I have lots broken. Cant do any building because Viking harm has stalled a house upgrade at 0:00 for three days now. Also my Farmhouse has disappeared on the Viking farm and the plot it was on looks like it is uncleared. And everytime I move to another farm (Gourmet, Main, Viking, Flower) I get a pop up error that tells me the editor is in a bad position. That editor should be fired! LOL ;) Or at least moved to a new position.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

Glad you don't have any problems.  
    I have lots broken. Cant do any building because Viking harm has stalled a house upgrade at 0:00 for three days now. Also my Farmhouse has disappeared on the Viking farm and the plot it was on looks like it is uncleared. And everytime I move to another farm (Gourmet, Main, Viking, Flower) I get a pop up error that tells me the editor is in a bad position. That editor should be fired! LOL ;) Or at least moved to a new position.
    Hehe, sorry but we found those bugs in the Test Farm and only thought it fair to share with you on original farms ;)  You will be pleased to know that these bugs have been fixed on Test Farm, hope yours is soon fixed too :)
  • @MRG1 (US1) Yeah I saw you have that weird disappearing farmhouse thing, that sucks :(  Also noticed we are getting an update tomorrow, so maybe I will be broken too eeeps!!
  • same here
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I regard TEST SEVET as a Temporary farm.

Some rewards might be given out to all players on the test server, others can be exclusive to players.
    It is like a temporary farm, but much more unique and it is useful for development.
  • why can't I get into my test server farm

error message my player name is invalid

used it for a week to test the new chat feature and now today I can't get on . 

this is the second time this has happened to me.  the first time GGS said it was closed to inactivity and I had to start over.  so I did start over for the new chat feature test and after testing for a week now I am getting same error message.  I want my rewards as they promised and I want my test farm back - I am not starting over for a third time this is bogous!!!

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I can't believe it. We have to sign up AGAIN?   Lose all the advancements we had?
    Go through the STUPID tutorials all over?   Anyone getting into the test server will KNOW how the game works.

And what can we possibly "test" when we have to start at lvl 1 again?
    I closed it, then the sticky damn page would NOT let go.  Try to log into my main farm and gotta be REAL FAST to pick another server before it just tries to send me to the test thing.

That's it.   They fixed this once before to set it back to where we were.  
    And I know it's all just a test thing, so WHY CANT IT BE SET BY DEFAULT to a more advanced level so we can actually "TEST" stuff?

Unless this is fixed I'm out.   As much as I would like to be part of helping this game not roll out buggy stuff, if they can't even make the test server functional, forget it.   It's not like they ever actually TEST anything here.  Just push out event after event bugs, glitchs, hick ups, and bad math combined.   

Dumb dumb dee dumb dee doo. 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    I also cannot get onto my test server farm, just get message that the screen name is invalid.  This is not good. how can we test the game if we cannot get onto the server?  Another thing, I got an email saying that I had been given a small reward for taking part in testing the chat on test server, so I clicked on the link and got taken to my main farm but I don't know if I receive the reward as I got no notification once I had logged in.  Did anyone notice if they received any reward? 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I think that reward went to the test farm that the Team flushed away and demolished.  Now we have to register a new farm and like most folks we can't properly register that one to even get our "Welcome" rewards for starting a new farm.  I hope this is not a recurring theme.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    I didn't get any gift playing test I played more then 5 hours but no gift receive wh
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Michele Leach (GB1)Michele Leach (GB1) GB1 Posts: 101
    edited 28.10.2017
    I got on the Test server this morning and
    GUESS WHAT
    Yes you are right ITS NOT LETTING YOUR USER NAME sorry its not even telling you, your user name is not valid
    Please will some one put on the normal Forums in the MOD NEWS BULLETIN updates on the Test Server
    as not everyone can get on the Test server Forum
    Thank you
    Michele

Update  It likes me now ???

Post edited by Michele Leach (GB1) on
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • LuraBelle (US1)LuraBelle (US1) US1 Posts: 309
    I had a farm that i had built up on test server and at one point had even started a coop. But when I tried to sign on a while back I didn't exist and it made me make a new farm  that had nothing on it. Its very upsetting and thanks ggs for taking away my farm
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
Sign In to comment.