Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

CMs leaving...

so now we don't have any community managers for BigFarm?

RIP BigFarm forums

Comments

• so now we don't have any community managers for BigFarm?

RIP BigFarm forums
    They are not all gone, just most of them.:(
  • who is still left?

I seriously can't even think of any
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    The CM department has gone down in size considerably, but there's still a few of'em trying to steer the boat :) 

I don't know of the details yet, but I'll assume for the EN Forums you'll mostly be in contact with our fantastic moderators, and our CM Evoke will probably look at the EN forums as well :) She's a lovely person and I'm sure she'll take care of all of you. 

Please do expect our mods to be the first line of contact though, since with that few CM members, it's gonna be very hard to actually be active posting in all GGS forums. 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Could we not have a couple of volunteer player mods?  Some players who spring to mind are @Jiesta (NL1) @RunsWivScissors (GB1), @PrinceManish3 (IN1) and @Data King (US1).  They would be able to give guidelines to new players and help those not used to negotiating the forum to find what they are looking for. A Player Mod from different servers would almost always ensure there was someone online to help.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Sad to see CM's leaving. I hope they get a nice severence package at least. 

I must say that I am not surprised at this development though. GGS has steadily decreased the front-line customer support while increasing their sales pushes. Support is non-existent through the ticket reporting system, now we will have even less support with fewer CM's in the forum. Yet GGS wants us to spend more money on their product even though they apparently cannot support the product. 

Obviously the survey we completed a few months back was just a pacifier for us, since they completely ignored the feedback we gave about support.
  • Could we not have a couple of volunteer player mods?  Some players who spring to mind are @Jiesta (NL1) @RunsWivScissors (GB1), @PrinceManish3 (IN1) and @Data King (US1).  They would be able to give guidelines to new players and help those not used to negotiating the forum to find what they are looking for. A Player Mod from different servers would almost always ensure there was someone online to help.
    I'd personally like to see Scissors be a mod

CM Latten said:
    ...and our CM Evoke will probably look at the EN forums as well :) She's a lovely person and I'm sure she'll take care of all of you. 
    wow, having one CM (evoke) running three plus forums is a lot of work.

Obviously the survey we completed a few months back was just a pacifier for us, since they completely ignored the feedback we gave about support.
    nah, they did do some updates based on its results. A lot of what I suggested got implemented in some way - like the dog houses on each farm.

I must say that I am not surprised at this development though. GGS has steadily decreased the front-line customer support while increasing their sales pushes. Support is non-existent through the ticket reporting system, now we will have even less support with fewer CM's in the forum. Yet GGS wants us to spend more money on their product even though they apparently cannot support the product.
    yeah, but you see now why they had all the money grab updates. People were quitting over a few updates for the gold buyers, so they had to come out with even more gold buyer only updates that were "too pricey" as everyone said. Now they've fired between 200 and 300 employees this month, including forum CMs.
  • Vessarria (US1)Vessarria (US1) US1 Posts: 86
      I agree with Runswivscissor and Dataking Idk the others =) But im sure they are good as well!
    I think it would be fantastic to have a volunteer "Mod" for each server Forum! =)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Thanks for the support ;) I don't plan on going any where any time soon. I will be more than willing to help players who post asking for help, But I do not feel I could put in the time required to be a "Mod".
  • I think that our little collection of servers have formed an awesome community here together, even more so now that GGS has brought US1 back to us (where they should have stayed all along IMO), we have many many players that welcome & help newcomers & each other & like Data I plan on staying & doing more of the same. I am sure that we will survive, whatever the new system is.

I also agree that the major problem is Support, it is definately GGS support & not customer support, but as they also appear to be being "restructured" maybe that will change too.... We can only hope :)
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542

I have to jump in here. The surveys (both the big one in the game, from the game team, as well as the CM one in the forums) were no pacifiers at all. Both of'em were designed and started without any knowledge whatsoever of the stuff that would occur months from then :/

I can only speak for the CM survey personally, but we were super hopeful that this would give us a lot of insight and opportunity to plan out content and handling of each forum for the next few months and maybe way more than that, but - alas - the universe had other things in mind. 

We're super sorry about all of it as well, and we wish it would have been different.

Generally though, if anyone's interested in being a mod, feel free to send us an application! Best send or forward it to another mod, too, as they will make sure to keep an eye on it :)
  • edited 17.09.2016
    Could we not have a couple of volunteer player mods?  Some players who spring to mind are @Jiesta (NL1) @RunsWivScissors (GB1), @PrinceManish3 (IN1) and @Data King (US1).  They would be able to give guidelines to new players and help those not used to negotiating the forum to find what they are looking for. A Player Mod from different servers would almost always ensure there was someone online to help.
    I'd personally like to see Scissors be a mod

CM Latten said:
    ...and our CM Evoke will probably look at the EN forums as well :) She's a lovely person and I'm sure she'll take care of all of you. 
    wow, having one CM (evoke) running three plus forums is a lot of work.

nah, they did do some updates based on its results. A lot of what I suggested got implemented in some way - like the dog houses on each farm.

yeah, but you see now why they had all the money grab updates. People were quitting over a few updates for the gold buyers, so they had to come out with even more gold buyer only updates that were "too pricey" as everyone said. Now they've fired between 200 and 300 employees this month, including forum CMs.
    Feedback: As we found misuse of Mod post by an ex-Mod, put new rules to them..... if there is a Mod from IN1, he/she shouldn't be able to handle IN1 posts. Same should be applied to Mods from other servers. Because GGS has to give value to the players who play the game and not to the ones who just sit in forum all time and trying to become Mod.
    Note: we don't care about other servers, but in IN1 we need this to be followed by GGS.
  • Sikander Basha (IN1) said:
    Feedback: As we found misuse of Mod post by an ex-Mod, put new rules to them..... if there is a Mod from IN1, he/she shouldn't be able to handle IN1 posts. Same should be applied to Mods from other servers. Because GGS has to give value to the players who play the game and not to the ones who just sit in forum all time and trying to become Mod. 
    Note: we don't care about other servers, but in IN1 we need this to be followed by GGS.
    @Sikander Basha (IN1)

Hi Sikander,
    I do not know what you are referring to, but the only mods currently on this forum are myself & CuddlyFoxes & neither of us is from the IN1 server. If you send me a PM with your concerns, I will do my best to answer them for you. Thank you.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    What's up? Ineviteable downfall of short sighted business is already on the way? :)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Very honored by you mentioning my name @bdreish (GB1)!! I must admit that after having helped around and answered a lot of questions during the first 2 years in this forum - these last 2 years I mainly concentrated on the Dutch thread, where I translate all Official Announcements, help Dutch players and answer all kind of questions. Furthermore, due to helping with translations, I often visit the French, Spanish, German and some other forums. 
    This English forum had so many helpers already who did/do a great job, and the Dutch thread as well as other forums asked for my help, so I shifted my fields  :)

Next to all this, I feel I wouldn't have any time left to put in the time required to be a "Moderator".

Still, whenever I can or think it to be necessary, or whenever I do find interesting news in the other foreign forums,  I will continue helping or posting  also in this English forum of course ....

Like Scissors and DK, not planning to go anywhere and as long and as much as I can or my private life allows me, I shall continue to help in the Dutch thread and wherever I can in this and the other forums.

Me too - as Scissors said - I do agree that the major problem is Support - let's hope this will be changed to a much better and faster source of technical help in the nearest future ...
  • Having to speak for a few friends as they cannot log on, for a few years we have had our little "boxing" matches with the CM's ( known to us as the Con Merchants ) All the stuff going on "behind" the scenes in a way just shows what GGS are all about. A certain few on the forums have a view that their opinion is the only truthful opinion that matters, that is dangerous because they do not look any further than their own grey matter. The CM's probably only say what they are allowed to say, they have been caught out many times with their teeny weeny lies. Read the comments from past GGS employees about the company ! ! The sad thing is that Latten and the other one, sorry forgot her name, have tried very hard to please us all and do not deserve the way they have been treated by GGS. The thing is, check the internet, GGS tried to get too big too quick. The friend thing ( do we hear anything of it now) was solely for GGS to get people to REGISTER so that they would be the number one on line supplier in Germany, for registered players. They gave us links, but a lot of players joined the wrong servers, nice tactic when you only need people to register, not play. The video ads went exactly the way some predicted. Big farm is very popular, we love it.. but all GGS see is a money pit, big farm is suffering because of all the other little games they brought out and failed. Its sad to say that I agree with Kamilcom, " Ineviteable downfall of short sighted business is already on the way?" They will not improve Big farm.. all they will do is try and take more money of Big Farm players until Big Farms and GGS dies. A pity a "charity" could not take over Big Farm, I know for sure a few on the forum and myself could make the game as good as it once was, its hard to mix pleasure with work I know that, our minds would work on improving the game, GGS only look at getting money, by hook or by crook. Best of luck to the CM's  <3 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file