Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Farm Laboratory

Hi  can I ask why the premium duck feed  isn't available until  the level ten upgrade I will have to upgrade past 3 levels of premium honey dew/fertiliser to  get to the premium duck feed, yet  all the other feed comes before anything else,
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I think it is because the ducks are such a bonus for making money and helping out with the egg & dung missions.
  • At what level is the seaweed fertilizer available?  i went over 42 and still nothing...  i feel very cheated and am worried that i spent thousands (in real money) for an under-specified item.  When will these "new features" be arriving?  and more specifically what is the level for the seaweed fertilizer???  There are 100 levels and the lab is only specified to the gold.  Please can someone answer this question???
    At what level is the seaweed fertilizer available?  i went over 42 and still nothing...  i feel very cheated and am worried that i spent thousands (in real money) for an under-specified item.  When will these "new features" be arriving?  and more specifically what is the level for the seaweed fertilizer???  There are 100 levels and the lab is only specified to the gold.  Please can someone answer this question???
    I think you are going to find that the super and seaweed items will end up near the top end of the Lab ie: level 90 & up. I'll just keep saving up 1 upgrade at a t time for the Lab and will never spend real money on it.
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    At one time there was super feed, fertilizer, and humus, also seaweed feed, fertilizer, and humus in the lab. They have all disappeared!! Now there is only seaweed greenhouse humus.

Will you be bringing back the super and seaweed feed, fertilizer, and humus in the lab?? That is what we want!!

At this time I see no reason to upgrade the lab past premium duck feed.
  • FarmerKimber (US1)FarmerKimber (US1) Posts: 74
    edited 03.09.2016
    It's very true. I feel very cheated and the use of the word "soon" has been abused.  I am a novice player and have never seen these items but at the prices i've paid, they should be quite an investment.  The upgrades are pricier than anything in Big Farm so are expected to yield some wonderful products, but as yet, nothing.  What is the point of buying gold and spending it if there is no worthy reward to be had???  If i had known about these abuses of wording and lack of reward, i never would've bought the lab at all, nor thought of this game as a long time venture.

Thanks GGS, what seemed like a fun game just became a con.

That's all good for you data king but i don't have the time to make hundreds of billions in farm dollars...  my goal was to get as far in the game as i possibly could within a short time frame and work from there.  Time is also a commodity and should not be ignored; if i choose to spend money and not years on the game, then why should i be penalized?

During coop challenges, we all buy gold, and Big Farm makes it an invaluable resource for those who are in the competition.  Why compete if not to win?  And how do we win without spending gold when others do?

Not only has Big Farm taken thousands of dollars worth in gold from me through the farm lab with the promise of "more features coming soon...", it has also severely affected my state of mind.  I feel like a fool and am ashamed for having trusted them.  

Do we live in a world where 'trust' is no longer a good thing?  If the game asserts this to be true, then the notions of 'cooperatives' and 'teams' are contradictions, and are serious disconnects from the way the game has proven to be, in and of itself. 

I seriously doubt i will ever be able to trust Big Farm's way of selling its product to be ethical or in my interest.  I didn't choose to be conned.  I started 10 weeks ago and have yet to see a single feature in the farm lab except for the deletion of a promised level of seaweed fertilizer... i.e. level 42.

People should not conduct business this way.  Changing the rules as they go along...

The test server what a joke!!!  

"New and improved features..." yeah right!!!  

Why don't they try fixing the old ones first!

Or maybe we have to buy and spend millions of farm gold to test it out to the limit???  

There is no such thing as a temporary test farm because the game has no end!!!  

How do you 'temporarily' test something that has no end???  They have said, yes there will be bugs and to tell them what issues we find,, but what if the issues exist at level 204 as i am right now, and not at level 24???

Posts Merged | Cuddly

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    I do agree on the sentiment that the Farm lab seems abandoned at this point, and I will make sure to forward this to the team as well. I can't promise anything, of course, but as soon as I hear any news about it, I'll let you know.
    edited 03.09.2016
    Thank you for your quick response... i do appreciate that you will forward this message.. but really?  is that all you agree on?

My statements were not accusations but rather conditional statements...  could you please address those conditions and why i may be mistaken?  I am not adverse to being wrong... in fact many times i am; but when i am, i'd like to learn the reason for the sake of knowing...  i didn't go on this diatribe because of egotism, i want to learn.  I'd like to understand the rationale for some aspects of the game.  i know enough to know i don't know a lot.  But if i see something wrong and contradictory, i would appreciate an explanation.  Isn't that, at least in part, for what the forum was made?

I use a lot of Reductio ad Absurdum in my arguments, but in this case I WANT TO BE WRONG.  I do like the game, but not if it's going to sully my soul.  Can you give an opinion on the use of gold?  Is it not a tool for the players, or is it merely income for the owners?  Why can't it be both?  And especially since it is very expensive, it should be consistent.  

The game changes in little ways that just make it either more expensive or more difficult for the players to attain satisfaction from the game without spending more and more money.  It happens gradually and minutely so that players not focusing dismiss it out of hand or just deal with it because "it's no biggie."  All these little things that aren't "biggies" turn into one massive "BIGGIE."

There appears to be a skirting of the issue at hand.  Namely that of TRUST.  The farm lab is a particularly blatant abuse of trust between the game server and the individual player.  I've seen many posts that address the same issue but in different ways; such as the click button for harvesting being near the "deals or bargains of the day."  and the consequent  blocking of Rie for trying to resolve the problem on her own (refuting the charge) due to an unresponsive system.  This is just one example of many...

And the test farm...  much of it seems to make the game more difficult, like having the mine at a different location.  People usually focus on the main farm, so if the mine is not there, it may be more easily overlooked.  I'm sure that the game makers/ owners would like to get rid of the mine completely, but that would cause an outright riot would it not?
    OMG.. i almost forgot the small and very pernicious example. The selling of 100 gold for 9.9 million farm dollars. people may say, "just don't click on it..." But why is it there in the first place?

The stock floor lady sells 8 million dollars for 65,000 gold and the players get 100 gold for 9.9 million??? Please tell me that was a bad joke.

Did Big Farm just lower the price to level up the farm lab????  This is way not cool to do so in a sneaky manner....  usually it's the "deal of the hour" or "..of the day"  but now it's all of a sudden lower???

Talk about trust issues... this is exactly what i mean.  Thank you Big Farm, you have just proven my point.

Posts Merged | Cuddly

• delannie (US1)delannie (US1) Posts: 4
    edited 03.09.2016
     Thank u very much Farmer Kimber, you have just spoken my mind about this game and i agree with everything you have  said about this game been more of a scam everyday. First of all you have made this game such that you can't play, do anything or enjoy playing without gold. Just when you feel like you have achieved or upgraded everything this game comes up with new and "BETTER " features that will require you spending again. So you are saying the lab has no seaweed even at 42 and it's just that rubbish we are getting. If the seaweed fertilizer or special humus are not in the farm  lab you actually don't give us any reason for us to spend so much gold to upgrade it I will tell you now. Kimber I was thinking you were doing so well in missions cos of the seaweed fertilizer you were getting from the lab. So you mean no seaweed. You no longer give us the seaweed gold deal bigfarm people so how are we supposed to get seaweed, by buying it for 1000 gold. I never have and never will.  All we get is 200 dollar gold deals that many people can not afford. Why must all the deals be 180000 gold deals.  Secondly I have sent you mails for the past 1month about the fact that I lost 3000 gold due to a technical bug, no one has gotten back to me. Am pissed about that. I want my 3000 gold bigfarm people. Why should it take that long to respond. If I were to message you that the payment page is not loading and I want to buy gold you will message me in a few hours. But cos it's about loss of gold you are acting like you didn't see my message. Now they have created a test server for what when this server has issues that they instead should be focusing on.
    Thirdly, whatsup with Coop Championships coming up every 2 days. When I started this game it was every 2 to 3 months and everytime it came on I attacked it with zeal.  Do you realize how much gold and time goes into it to get to the top or to make points for every mission. Do you think its easy to be number 1 or get million reputation points. Especially the fact that you no longer give us the 200% reputation points that we could buy more than once to last us for the whole championships .Please why was that scrapped. So many good things you have scrapped.  Now we only get the 50%rep points that last for 1hour and you can only use to play a few missions, especially if you are aiming for 1st. At the end of every championships people have mission fatigue Now people dread it coming cos we have not finished breathing before the next one comes. I have to give members a mental boost before every championships cos they are seeing it as a job not like it should be , competitive fun.  Give people time to recuperate financially and mentally. Please give people time to prepare for it. Don't bombard us with 20 coop championships in a month on top of us playing missions every week to maintain our reputation points cos we lose 10% every week which I think is stupid

Kimber am sorry of how you feel about the laboratory. I don't blame you at all and bigfarm people if you are reading this you should do something about it cos she is speaking the mind of many people. Work on the features we have at the moment before adding more features. Add the seaweed, special humus and gold certificate to the lab please. What else should they add Kimber?

Posts Merged | Cuddly

• @FarmerKimber (US1) I totally disagree with you with regards to the Test Server, which I feel will prove to be a great way to stop untested updates being loaded on to our farms & causing havoc. We actually asked for the chance to test updates in a real player setting after one of the more destructive updates, so I hope that it stays as a permanent feature & that a good number of players continue to use it once the initial novelty wears off. Aside from testing for bugs, I really hope that the feedback concerning the layout & workability of the various game features is also listened to & that the design can also be changed & re-tested before it ever reaches the live servers. In addition to the location of the Mine, which you mentioned, I would also add the ship & greenhouse to the list of things that NEED to be put back on our main farms & I preferred being able to click a signpost to go straight to the deco tower. There is plenty of feedback on the Test server forum, we can only hope that it is considered.

However, regarding the Laboratory, I couldn`t agree more. I can only describe the situation with the seaweed products as a classic "bait n switch". We all know GGS have made some cringeworthy decisions in the past, but that one, IMO is by far the worst. To put the seaweed items on the list "locked" was clearly an indication that they would be the next items to be unlocked & absolutely encouraged a lot of people to upgrade as far as possible ready for when that happened, so when they brought out the update replacing them with some of the most useless items I think I have ever seen, is just shameful. Then to top it off, they add Seaweed Fertilizer back as a teaser "coming soon" after the level 40 item..... Seriously as if anyone is going to fall for that again!! 
    The items they did add, are verging on insulting, Gold horseshoes???? I have millions of them, what I need is regular ones, but woohoo I can now use the regular ones that I have to make more gold ones haha & then somewhere around level 32 I use 35 million gold ones to make some regular ones again, wth??
    Don`t even get me started on Catalyzers.... How does it go?...You need yellow ones to make green ones to make brown ones to make purple ones to make blue ones just so you can make a teaspoonful of gold, does anyone actually care about all that??? Its just an excuse to dump catalyzers on us as rewards in tasks & events, so we can have another pile of useless items instead of something we can actually use on our farms.
    They should remove all those items that were added & put back the ones that were there originally & unlock them!!
    @FarmerKimber (US1) I meant no disrespect toward you. I for one very rarely buy gold and play mostly as a free player. I to do not have the time to sit and make billions of farm dollars either. I just keep plugging away as I have the time and use what I earn through the game to advance my farms. 

You are more than welcome to come and check out my farms that I have built up with what I earn in and through the game. Now some of the things you will not be able to see like the library books/farm boosters that I have managed to save up and bought. But you will be able to see a fertile field on my main farm that I bought on my first day, that I just a few minutes ago, I managed to finally get it maxed.

I have been a player here for over 3 years and feel this is a long term game if you plan on playing for free or almost for free.

As with any sale or deals, some are better than others. Before rushing off to buy the latest deal or sale, be sure it is some thing you want to invest into to make it worth your while.

Every one has a choice to spend real money on the game/gold or not. Those that do help support the game so those who can not or do not want to spend real money can still play.

Each and every player has their own way they play the game. There is no right or wrong way.
    I do not spend gold during any missions being during the CC or not. I know a lot of player who do not spend gold/real money on missions. Yes we want to compete and win. But there is a limit as to how far one is willing to go for that. I and many players choose not to spend gold/real money for mission regardless.

I do not understand how you can feel penalized? You do not have to buy and use gold if you do not want to.
    Yes those who buy gold and use it will have the advantage in the game and so it should be.

I guess the bottom line is, we all have a choice, so choose wisely :)
    edited 03.09.2016
    Thank you runs with scissors and data king for your comments, whether they agree with mine or not, i truly appreciate the time and effort put into writing them.  now that i' have had the time to calm down a bit and reflect on the game itself, i really don't have issues with the way i have spent most of my gold,  it is the farm lab that was the first impetus for my being upset.  

I agree with runs with scissors 100% on the bait n switch tactic although i wasn't around for the original version of the lab.   I also agree with data king's appraisal of the fact that we all have a choice to buy farm gold and for most cases i did not have a problem with spending money to buy the gold...  Just the lab.

i do however, have some issues concerning the way the game servers operate with regards to the players.  The best way for a company to maximize their profits and keep doing so is to make sure that commodities are in the interest of both the consumers as well as the manufacturers.

Some of my more emotional outbursts in the previous posts were intentional.  I want the people runng Big Farm to understand that we are people and not just blips on a computer screen.

Once again, thank you for your comments and i hope the issue will be resolved soon.  And as for the lowering of the leveling of the farm lab, it has hurt me but it will help future buyers so i guess in that way i am glad that my comments have had a positive effect for some.

The following written on my wall along this thread, i want  grammyk's voice to be heard as well as mine. 

Thank you grammyk.
    • GrammyK US1
      It does seem like the sale of 100 pieces of gold for that price is ridiculous...yet there are players who don't use cash
      money to buy gold. It is an opportunity for them to purchase gold with farm $...After you begin to make hundreds of
      millions in farm dollars you can spend them to get gold for various items only available for gold. As ggs uses gold
      purchases to keep the servers up and running...it only makes sense that they would not want to use the sale of gold
      for virtual dollars to be a desirable option.
      02.09.2016 Comment

Posts Merged | Cuddly

• i do however, have some issues concerning the way the game servers operate with regards to the players.  The best way for a company to maximize their profits and keep doing so is to make sure that commodities are in the interest of both the consumers as well as the manufacturers.

Some of my more emotional outbursts in the previous posts were intentional.  I want the people runng Big Farm to understand that we are people and not just blips on a computer screen.

Hear hear!!
    edited 03.09.2016
    Please note i will not stop posting about the farm laboratory on any thread, until the issue has been fixed for all players, the past ones who have invested money unnecessarily and the future ones who have already benefitted from these comments.  And I also would like a remedy as well...  please either return my gold or make the lab a useful investment.

i hope that those interested will continue to share your opinions on the matter:) 

Thanks to all responders.

Data king, i'm sorry if my comments were vague.  

I feel penalized because of the gold i spent on the farm laboratory, which used to be quite more substantial 2 days ago than it is today.  The point i was trying to make was that if i spend the gold, then i should be rewarded in the manner that they promised i.e. "more features coming soon" and when i started the lab, the seaweed fertilizer was promised at level 42.  which has now just been greyed out without any info on level required. 

Hence, they have been fiddling with the numbers and the wording and levels, but not with the actual substance of the lab, which i find quite deceptive.  For long time players, it was an outright "bait n switch" as runs with scissors has said, and for me as well although perhaps lesser in degree and i do feel that trust has now gone out the window for me.

[Posts Merged | Wabbit]
    Post edited by FarmerKimber (US1) on
  • cinemre (US1)cinemre (US1) US1 Posts: 2

I agree with what FarmerKimber said about the farm lab.

First of all, why does it have to be a guessing game? When you start a lab with 100 levels, from the beginning, for each level from 1 to 100, tell us how much to pay to receive what.

Secondly, once you start it, don't change the rules because those changes are never ever to the player's advantage.

After that it is up to each individual whether to participate or not.

As your dedicated players, we are buying enough gold to play this game.
    You don't have to deceive us on top of that.

• LEC (US1)LEC (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    I have to agree with Kimber's concerns here. GGS has been downright deceptive in it's portrayal of the Laboratory. I remember being SO excited when I first built it, and seeing all of the options that lay ahead of me for when I was able to upgade. And then they started to go away...and now they feel so out of reach.

I can see that GGS is worried about player fatigue; perhaps they're (wrongfully) thinking, "if they have too much that makes their game "easier" or "faster" that they'll get bored and leave the game." If this IS what they think, they have received some very bad advice. If you want us to stick around long after we've jumped through the hoops, add more to the game! Make it more interesting; add that fourth farm, make the candy farm more profitable, add different animals and crops, better weekly games, etc. But instead, GGS has just slowed us down and retracted "promises" hoping we'll move through the game more slowly and stick around longer. By doing so, however, GGS has upset us, made us feel deceived and have angered us.

I do hope that they will be able to work with us so that each party is satisfied with the outcome. So many of us have invested so much energy, money and time (years!) in the game and I want to believe that GGS will respect that.
    edited 03.09.2016
    And if this server is going to merge posts, i would also have them add the times and the different responses (likes and LOL's) 

Another deceptive practice???  If the people merging posts have the power to delete times and certain words like "and" and other reactions, where does it end?  It is a slippery slope people, please recognize that.
    @FarmerKimber (US1) I do understand your disappointment in the Lab and the constant changes being made to it. After all it is your real money to with as you please. If you should choose to spend it on a game then so be it. I have no qualms about that. I am sure a lot of players feel the way you do about this Lab.
     I to was excited to see it and thought it would be a great benefit down the road as we were able to get it up in levels. But I also realized that there was no way they would make super and seaweed items available at the lower levels. It was just a matter of time until they changed that.
     I try to warn all the members of our co op about this and not to put to much into it right away.

I agree with the merging of threads/posts it would be nice to get a reason and notification of the changes.  
    edited 03.09.2016
    Data King US1:  ...I to was excited to see it and thought it would be a great benefit down the road as we were able to get it up in levels. But I also realized that there was no way they would make super and seaweed items available at the lower levels. It was just a matter of time until they changed that.

So you realized that they were deceiving you from the outset and you warned your coop members but not others?  Has Big Farm always been so deceptive that you would think that from the start?

Edmund Burke Quotes. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Perhaps i'm not understanding correctly but i'm not a cynic, nor do i call myself a "realist" which is far worse.  I do trust and believe until experience teaches me otherwise.  I am happier having hope than being right.  How awful would life be if being right always meant having to believe the worst in people?
    I was only guessing at the time, but it just made sense to me that awesome items like super and seaweed items would not be at the lower levels. How would I know to warn every one when I was nor sure myself.
    Besides I have no way of knowing who will read my threads/posts if any one.
    edited 03.09.2016
    Sorry, just editing my response, it was harsh:)

and you have made 3,348 posts/ responses.  You must've had some feedback and knowledge that you were being read to be so prolific.
    No not at all, it is your opinion  :) There is nothing wrong with that  ;)
    edited 03.09.2016
    Perhaps it did make sense to you, but to me it makes no sense to be deceitful... and purposefully so...

It is evil. IMO.
    I will agree they did not handle it well when they introduced it to the game. I do not think it was on purpose to mislead us into thinking we would be able to make great products like super and seaweed items at the lower levels. They should have taken more time to think it through before introducing it.
  • Huh???  What exactly do you mean by "lower levels"  level 44 is not low...

and you said that you realized this and also that you realized that they didn't (realize)?  I don't understand...
    Considering that the Lab goes to level 100, level 44 is almost a mid way point.
    Still to low for those great products. IMO
    As I said I do not think that they thought it through enough to bring it into the game, even the way it is now. IMHO
  • Yes i agree that they did not think it through, but how do they justify penalizing players for what was/ is clearly their mistake?
     This type of business practice has been going on for years if not decades. I am sure we both could think of other examples of this in every day life let a lone a game. Just like windows, who no longer supporting their older versions of windows. They too are forcing people to down load, buy and install their latest version of windows. Do we get any thing from that? Is that not a penalty as well??
  • actually older versions of windows still work... just not as well.  For example in South Korea, they still use windows explorer as their main platform ROFL!!!  

and these businesses are clearly trying to make a product better and having people buy them, is confirmation that the product is better.

can you say that about the farm lab?  people are buying less levels, not more obviously, (except stupid old me who was duped into it by innocence)

as runs with scissors has said, clearly a "bait and switch"  and very unethical.
  • At one time there was super feed, fertilizer, and humus, also seaweed feed, fertilizer, and humus in the lab. They have all disappeared!! Now there is only seaweed greenhouse humus.

Will you be bringing back the super and seaweed feed, fertilizer, and humus in the lab?? That is what we want!!

At this time I see no reason to upgrade the lab past premium duck feed.
    I agree,when I first started building the lab, the coming soon was the super and seaweed feed, fertilizer and humus, and then poof, they are gone and worthless stuff has replaced it. I have stopped upgrading the lab and don't use it, why waste time and dollars on things I don't need.
    edited 04.09.2016
    Also i would like to add that companies like microsoft do not treat their users in this manner because they are high profile.  If there is a big issue like this, the newspapers would be all over it!!  and the only reason big farm is getting away with this farm lab scam, is because they are not as high profile.  Well compared to microsoft what company isn't? rofl!

Being a smaller company does not give you the right to be unethical in business practices.

And yes there are companies out there who are also unethical, but does big farm want to be one of them?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file