Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Is Big Farm next to be closed?

Reading this article, it has emerged me a doubt, Is Big Farm next to be closed.

Goodgame Studios redundancies could hit 200 people

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Uh, oh.  This would really be awful.

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    "Ultimately, that means Goodgame Studios will cease production of casual and PC client games, focusing instead on its "very profitable" PC and mobile strategy products. "

I think they mean the opposite to what you think. By "profitable strategy games" they are talking about bigfarm and that medieval Empire one, which will become their sole focus from now on. They will be scrapping those small minor games that GGS is running too, like they did that cafe game and other small games (have a look on ggs support main site, they got quite a number of them)
    @Michiru (GB1), I hope you're right.  Fingers crossed!
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Heya,

figures the news would arrive rather sooner than later :( While a lot of departments have been and will be affected by these changes, I can assure you that our Big Farm studio will continue to work hard on making BF even better and better!

In fact, BF is one of our most successful and well-recieved games at the moment, and some big updates are planned for the future, so you can rest assured Big Farm won't be closed anytime soon :)

What might happen though are some changes to CM, and consequentually the forums - most likely the smaller ones. We will have lots of talks regarding this come next week, and I will of course update you on everything.

• Thanks Latten, for your answer.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Cheers @Latten for clearing this up, much appreciated!
    Commiserations to all who will be let go.

I do hope the forum will continue in some form or another -- it's our go-to source for advice and help.

Thank you, CM Latten, for your feedback.
  • edited 27.08.2016
    sorry to hear about the job losses, its always sad to hear of people loosing their jobs, I don't think GGS have done themselves any favours over the past month or so with the bonus deals taking a lot of players out of buying them, or with the lack of gold buying deals, this must have seriously effected the cash flow from this game, I want to buy gold but there is no incentive for me to do so as things stand, bonus deals at 180,000 gold  are way too expensive for me and my latest gold bonus was buy 66k gold and receive 88k gold free but this would mean I would have to buy 2  gold packs to meet the requirements which I can not do, There are a LOT  of players who buy gold that now cant or wont because of this, when a company is going through financial problems you would expect them to make it better for us to help, I'm beginning to think that GGs need to show a loss in profits to justify cutting jobs and this will show a sharp loss in earnings for them.

I currently have  the candy island running and would have bought gold today to put into the final few days but as things stand my money is staying firmly in my pocket,
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I am doing a test farm and I think GGS are making a mistake asking players to buy gold. A lot of people try out games to see if they like it and I think a request to buy gold put people off , they think if they want me to spend money now, what will they want further along  ,so they leave before they get to involved . GGS not the only game providers who do this.  
  • Salgara (HIS1)Salgara (HIS1) HIS1 Posts: 43
    Hace tiempo no escribo en el foro, y sinceramente me apena tener que retomar la costumbre por esta causa.
    Hablar de "reestructuración" menospreciando el sacrificio de todos los que han llevado adelante este juego es lamentable.
    Siempre he admirado la labor que hacen, porque en cada arbolito, en cada piedra o animalito, uno puede leer claramente el amor y dedicación que vive en cada uno de los desarrolladores del juego, y en cada mensaje el espíritu colaborativo que caracteriza a cada uno de los moderadores.
    En estos tiempos en los que los intereses y los poderes económicos invaden todos los rincones de nuestra vida cotidiana, la granjita ha sido un remanso para quienes disfrutamos de la buena compañía, del tiempo invertido como divertimento, de la competencia como juego y no como batalla. 
    Espero, sinceramente, que los dueños de esta empresa revean sus decisiones, que han provocado el desempleo de muchos que nos hacen felices día a día, con su inocencia de niños y su talento de grandes.
    También espero que esta despedida se transforme en reencuentro, y que podamos disfrutar como cada día de tus mensajes, de los dibujos de bigfarm, de las pequeñas tareas que nos alegran y nos permiten olvidar las preocupaciones del estudio, del trabajo o del entorno.
    ¡¡¡Vamos, BigFarm, no tires por la borda el espíritu de comunidad que supieron construir cada uno de tus miembros!!!
  • Just the hint that GGS is streamlining is disturbing.  Doesn't make me feel very confident about investing time and money in the games.  Especially if all that's offered is a deal when buying 180,000 gold. 
    edited 28.08.2016
    @Salgara, Please forgive me for taking the liberty of translating.  (It was an online service, so I can imagine it's full of errors.)  Despite the drawbacks of this translation, I hope it captured the spirit of your words, which I am posting here for those of us who don't speak Spanish:

While I not write in the forum, and sincerely grieves me having to resume the custom for this cause. Talk of "restructuring" despising the sacrifice of all those who have carried out this game is regrettable. I have always admired the work they do, because every tree, every stone or animal, one can clearly read the love and dedication that lives in each of the developers of the game, and each message collaborative spirit that characterizes each moderators. In these times when the interests and economic powers invade every corner of our daily life, the little farm has been a haven for those who enjoy good company, time spent as entertainment, competition as a game and not as battle . I sincerely hope that the owners of this company review their decisions, which have caused unemployment of many that make us happy every day, with his innocence of children and their great talent. I also hope that this farewell turns into reunion, and we can enjoy as each day of your messages, drawings bigfarm, small tasks that cheered us and allow us to forget the worries of the study, work or environment. 'Come on, BigFarm, do not throw overboard the spirit of community that knew how to build each of your members !!!

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • I am doing a test farm and I think GGS are making a mistake asking players to buy gold. A lot of people try out games to see if they like it and I think a request to buy gold put people off , they think if they want me to spend money now, what will they want further along  ,so they leave before they get to involved . GGS not the only game providers who do this.  
    Its just greed, GGS and others will give us the opotunity to buy/use gold even on the test server, any complaints they'll say players were warned. We know a lot of players have to be near the top, no matter what. I do not trust GGS at all, ok they are here to make money, but good ideas, good game play is ruined by their greed. Take the event drop items, i had 5 sunflowers ready to harvest, only one field gave me the tracks, i planted corn, one field out of 5 ! I cannot stay logged on to do the alfafafa seeds non stop, at the rate of one out of five fields paying out, i doubt i'll get far. Obviously the fireworks then look great with a restriction on drop items, so the game play ruined through their desire to get us to use gold.
  • Well, amazingly I'm actually logged into the forums.  Hasn't worked for weeks.  MULTIPLE support requests only resulted in ONE finally saying it will be escalated.    That was weeks ago and so far no one has bothered to answer.    The problem is, and has been,  
    forget the test server.   Stupid thing won't "recognize" my email.  I can't even see what that's all about.
    New stuff in the game NEVER comes with enough instruction or explanation so the only way to figure stuff out is asking in the forums.  But I couldn't even do that.
     Again the forums seem to be working now but normally every time I try to post I am prompted to sign in.  THen it tells me my email is invalid.   

Today though, from the game I got in fine.  (As it used to be and should have stayed that way.)

As for this game?   I haven't played in weeks.  Don't miss it either.   Actually playing galaxy again which GG stopped supporting.    However, there are a lot of serious players on there.  And since no one cares about multiple accounts anymore, it got fun again.    I really wish since you (gg) keeps asking for money on a game they won't support and still has "coming soon" all over the place, that they could have at least left it without being such a dead end.    Looping tasks like on bigfarm would have been nice.    Clearing alliance funds at the very least annually would have made it more challenging.    So most players have started new bases.  I personally have put real money on several bases.  WHY won't they work on this one anymore?  

But the only real good thing, no one keeps screwing with stuff that works. We all know what we have and it won't suddenly be messed with.  When I couldn't get into the forums to figure out what new thing is in big farm, I just plain lost interest.

STILL WAITING for SOMEONE TO BOTHER ANSWERING SUPPORT TICKETS!!!!!!!! 

Hard to feel sorry for job losses.   Instead of growing the business, this is a sure fire way to LOSE the very gamers you want to attract.
  • It's as if UserDigger is playing on my computer. I will not play much longer. giving it another week. tester server does not recognize my e-mail or my password you said I could request new password. That didn't work either. I had to start another farm, twice! Lost my big one. so I am done. At least Café worked. Very upset about the whole thing
  • Request for help to retrieve my lost farm was futile,
  • @UserDIgger (US1)  &  @meeeee2dalt (US1)

I am not sure what you mean when you say that the Test server does not recognise your email & password. After you have selected the Test server next to your flag, at the bottom of the screen, you then need to fill in the large box in the middle of the screen, this creates a new account on the test server (which is a brand new level 1 farm). After that, whenever you login again, you would then use the small login box on the right. If you are using that small login right from the start, that would explain why your ID is not recognised, as the account has not yet been created.

To get back to your regular farm, you logout of the test server farm, change the server back from Test server to US1 and use the login on the right to log back into your farm as usual.

meeeee2dalt if you send me a PM with details of the farm that you have lost track of (username & server) I will see what I can find out for you.
  • CM Latten said:
    Heya,

figures the news would arrive rather sooner than later :( While a lot of departments have been and will be affected by these changes, I can assure you that our Big Farm studio will continue to work hard on making BF even better and better!

In fact, BF is one of our most successful and well-recieved games at the moment, and some big updates are planned for the future, so you can rest assured Big Farm won't be closed anytime soon :)

What might happen though are some changes to CM, and consequentually the forums - most likely the smaller ones. We will have lots of talks regarding this come next week, and I will of course update you on everything.

While your post is saying the Big Farm is not shutting down, but the actions that have been taken with regards having to spend 180,000 gold on any big deal is making it clear you no longer want most of us players who play on a limited budget. I am wondering what is going to happen to this game when we stop buying gold. In championships I have been earning between 4 to 6 million championship points, but that takes a bit of gold for a person who works full time and only has a few hours at night to play. Where you have deals priced at means I will not be buying any more gold, I would say you have priced this game out of at least half of your current players if not more. I can become just a farm and not compete in missions any more, but can Big Farm the game survive if everyone does the same. So that leads me to think that they do want to do away with the Big Farm but they also want to get as much money out of the players that they can before they do it.
  • makeitdo (US1) said:
    ....the actions that have been taken with regards having to spend 180,000 gold on any big deal is making it clear you no longer want most of us players who play on a limited budget.
    @makeitdo (US1)  I don`t think it makes that clear at all. BF has been running for over 3 years, so obviously at this stage there are now some players who are very high level, with a LOT of spare cash & (until some recent additions to the game) very little to do aside from wait for the architect once a month, so I think a lot of the more recent changes have been aimed at giving those players something to do & for the rest of us something to work towards. We see a lot of complaining about how things are too expensive, both for cash & gold, but sometimes its just that it is not part of the game aimed at that persons current level.

Obviously selling decos for ridiculous amounts of gold, is nothing to do with level, but more to do with who wants to have something that very few people will have & can afford to throw that much money at it, that is no different from real life, there will always be the haves & the have-nots, whether it is a designer bag that is 100x the price of an almost identical well made bag, but has a designer label on it or a deco in a game that serves no function other than to say look what I can afford to have on my farm.

It doesn`t price players out of the game, because it is not necessary to have those items in order to play the game. I cannot afford them, but they don`t particularly bother me, they often make me laugh. Occasionally there will be one that I would really like to have, but I am not going to stop playing the game just because I can`t have it. At the end of the day, are you REALLY missing out on any important part of the game, by not having those high price items?
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    Very well said, @RunsWivScissors (GB1) !

People complain a great deal about the "greediness of GGS" and the absurdity of the gold deals (recently also about gold deals being offered on the test server "how dare they do it because undoubtedly someone will be compelled, nay veritably forced, to go and buy gold despite the numerous warnings that the test farm is temporary, and then lose it all ").

I have self-control and free will, no-one can force me to buy gold.
    After playing the game for 2 years now I am steadily  getting where I want to be.
    Sure, I'd like to have huge stashes of gold -- can't afford it, though.

In retrospect, that may have been a huge blessing since the question arises: would I still have been playing, 2 years down the line, if every aspect of the game (bought with gold) had just dropped into my lap ?  (very much suspect that I wouldn't).
    So instead of gold I make do with strategic planning and hard and regular work on my farms.
    What's that you say? You detect a slight feeling of superiority because I worked for what I've achieved and not just bought it ?  No, no, no .... .......... ..... ok, yes, I'll shamefacedly admit to a bit of that.  ;)

So, putting aside our own issues, feelings of indignation, and guilty pride, might we spare a moment of thought for those people at GGS who are in the process of losing their jobs - which seems a much more pressing and real issue of concern, since they are real people and not pixels on a screen. 
  • makeitdo (US1) said:
    ....the actions that have been taken with regards having to spend 180,000 gold on any big deal is making it clear you no longer want most of us players who play on a limited budget.
    @makeitdo (US1)  I don`t think it makes that clear at all. BF has been running for over 3 years, so obviously at this stage there are now some players who are very high level, with a LOT of spare cash & (until some recent additions to the game) very little to do aside from wait for the architect once a month, so I think a lot of the more recent changes have been aimed at giving those players something to do & for the rest of us something to work towards. We see a lot of complaining about how things are too expensive, both for cash & gold, but sometimes its just that it is not part of the game aimed at that persons current level.

Obviously selling decos for ridiculous amounts of gold, is nothing to do with level, but more to do with who wants to have something that very few people will have & can afford to throw that much money at it, that is no different from real life, there will always be the haves & the have-nots, whether it is a designer bag that is 100x the price of an almost identical well made bag, but has a designer label on it or a deco in a game that serves no function other than to say look what I can afford to have on my farm.

It doesn`t price players out of the game, because it is not necessary to have those items in order to play the game. I cannot afford them, but they don`t particularly bother me, they often make me laugh. Occasionally there will be one that I would really like to have, but I am not going to stop playing the game just because I can`t have it. At the end of the day, are you REALLY missing out on any important part of the game, by not having those high price items?
    RunsWivScissors, I think you have missed a point. I have never bought the high priced decos, they have always been a total waste of money. Nor can I afford to buy seaweed boosters out right, but I could afford to get the seaweed when the gold being bought was at 30,000 or 40,000 to get the reward. Those booster made it possible for me to help my co-op during a Championship. Also the price was low enough during the BOGO sales for me to get gold that would also help my co-op. This is now not the case. I have been a apart of games that the developers milked for money before they shut down and this has all of the earmarks of the beginning of the end. Think of a pyramid if all they want to do is please the very top they are going to loose the base and the whole game will crumble. 
  • I am doing a test farm and I think GGS are making a mistake asking players to buy gold. A lot of people try out games to see if they like it and I think a request to buy gold put people off , they think if they want me to spend money now, what will they want further along  ,so they leave before they get to involved . GGS not the only game providers who do this.  
    Lesley52, They have never wanted us to buy gold on the test farm, they have told us that everything could be wiped out when they reset the server, what they have done is send us e-mails with boosters, rewards and GOLD to use on the test server. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Love both @RunsWivScissors (GB1) & @amandaps (INT1) comments!
    Well put! I have been at this game now for over 3 years, very rarely spend real money on buying gold, simply can not afford it. So I try to be careful and earn it through the game. Now I may not have the most spectacular farms but I have managed to build them up to what they are now from just what I've earned in the game. 
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    @makeitdo (US1)  These is a buy gold task in the task bar, OK its not compolsury to do this, that is down to choice and if a person likes something they may spend money on it if they want to, I choose to spend in 2014, would I choose now? probably not. Not against game makers wanting money, just feel should not be  a task 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    I recently had the 180,000 gold purchase offer ON MY TEST FARM. I am assuming that it appeared in error.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Love both @RunsWivScissors (GB1) & @amandaps (INT1) comments!
    Well put! I have been at this game now for over 3 years, very rarely spend real money on buying gold, simply can not afford it. So I try to be careful and earn it through the game. Now I may not have the most spectacular farms but I have managed to build them up to what they are now from just what I've earned in the game. 
    @RunsWivScissors (GB1), @amandaps (INT1), @Data King (US1)

Hear, hear - totally agree with each and everyone of you! Saying my piece would only mean repeating your words :p 
  • FarmerKimber (US1)FarmerKimber (US1) Posts: 74
    edited 03.09.2016
    This thread is a ploy of big farm to have its back patted and a selfish attempt to rally the ardent players of this game into speaking for Big Farm.  They know they are profitable and they are not shutting down.  ROFL...  As IF!!!  

The other games which are shutting down, i have visited and they are marketing big farm as an alternative simulation game.  Not Empire or the other ones.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Why because some of us player really enjoy this game and we are concerned about the changes at HQ/ggs and how it may effect the game? We give it praise because we enjoy it and would like to see it continue. I do not see this as patting them on the back. Rather as an acknowledgement of what they have been able to accomplish with it. IMHO 
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    Yikes !  they're getting rid of more than a 100 employees just to rally us into speaking for them ??

But ...but ... that's diabolical !  

• FarmerKimber (US1)FarmerKimber (US1) Posts: 74
    edited 03.09.2016
    LOL.. No I meant that it has the added effect lol.  This game will not close is all....  and yes it is diabolical!

I also know that many employees are part time programmers and not full time.  The part time employees who GGS deems worthy will get full time positions and that is just how business works.

Most of us play this game for pleasure, but on the other end it is a business.  All we can hope for is that they will be ethical as a business.

After all we all separate business from pleasure, so we must inherently see a disconnect between the servers and the players.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file