Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Event Drop-rates from Buildings/Fields

Gambit8Gambit8 Posts: 42
edited 09.03.2017 in Most Discussed Topics
During the Asia event this week, I noticed sometimes my chicken coops would drop 1 Crane, and sometimes they'd drop 4 Cranes. I have a mix of differently-upgraded coops, and this got me thinking: does the level of a building affect how many Event Items it drops when harvesting?
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 09.03.2015
    Don't think so. I have 6 level 6 chicken coops and they usually only drop one item in events. But sometimes you get lucky and you'll get a bonus. I think it's a bit similar to when you get stuff for the cooperative projects..
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 07.07.2015
    Is there anywhere that has what the event drop rates are or are they only known to GGS. A co-op member, who is only in the level 20's, has been trying to collect the logs since the event started. She only has 2 apple orchards and today she has harvested them 2 orchards 4 times and only got logs once, think 3 logs. At this rate it will take 8 days to get the 22 logs. She cannot supply the orchards anymore today as she is waiting on more dung. The events are nice and easy for high level players, and finding 22 logs does not seem much, but when you cannot buy more land until you level up and cannot build more orchards/upgrade the events are difficult. No way will she complete this event because she will need to use the orchards/apples for another task. No way can she get more orchards, no way can she get more dung to make fertiliser So it looks like another player leaving big farm. one lot of logs per farm harvest would have still taken her almost 2 days
    Post edited by bikeboy (GB1) on
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 07.07.2015
    This spreadsheet shows all the drop rates for all events and gives helpful hints for completing them. I find it very useful and hope you will too. :)
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 07.07.2015
    Sorry to say that, it's always a random to get a drop or not in the one week events.

But when you're lucky to get a drop from a field, it's different how much the fields are dropping, deppending which type of seed you harvest and what event it is and what task it is.
    You can find a overview here what different seeds will drop.
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 07.07.2015
    It does seem like my www farm gives stuff more rarely than my skn farm. Maybe higher level buildings give more often while the amount stays the same.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 07.07.2015
    I find this Nature event first task "tricky". Sometimes the drops for logs are nearly non-existant. I only continue with the step two when the logs drop fast, otherwise it would be just apples wasted.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 07.07.2015
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    It does seem like my www farm gives stuff more rarely than my skn farm. Maybe higher level buildings give more often while the amount stays the same.

Do your www farm have around the same size and level as your skn farm?
    - I sense that they are not

My us farm is not nearly as big as my skn farm, but it begin to help.
    But when my us farm was much smaller than my skn farm, I also feel I have a higher drop rate at my skn farm. I think (and find it logic) that I then have lots more buildings on my skn farm than on my us farm.
    - Now I nearly have the same numbers of production buildings on both farm, but most buildings on my skn have a higher level than the us farms... but now I feel the drop rate is nearly the same at both farms.
  • Maybe this will cause some players to fork over the gold when they can't get enough drops to complete the event. Not me. I'll just quit the events.
  • Yep. Got to within about 80 of the last collection and no more drops. Then it wanted 11,234 gold for the deco. I guess one is born every minute.... I'm done with events.
  • Jeff1526 (US1)Jeff1526 (US1) US1 Posts: 80
    anyone else noticed that the drop rates for events is pathetic.  I'm doing the camping event and need tracks. I have been at it for almost 3 days. keeping track and getting drops less than 30% of the time.  harvested 8 fields of sunflowers and only got 1 drop. same with wheat. how are we supposed to be able to finish (I know, use gold which I will not)
  • I have yet to successfully complete one of these events, no matter how hard I try
  • anyone else noticed that the drop rates for events is pathetic.  I'm doing the camping event and need tracks. I have been at it for almost 3 days. keeping track and getting drops less than 30% of the time.  harvested 8 fields of sunflowers and only got 1 drop. same with wheat. how are we supposed to be able to finish (I know, use gold which I will not)
    But that is exactly why GGS has fiddled with the drop rates, doncha know,  to get more to spend gold. 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 28.07.2016
    Is anyone else experiencing an almost non-existence of tracks from the camping event?  I am lucky to get 1 field giving tracks - I planted sunflowers and wheat last night before bed and harvested NIL from the wheat, still waiting for the sunflowers.  At the moment the doghouses are giving me more tracks than the fields!

Update - NO tracks from sunflowers either.  Please GGS, you must do something about this. It's going to take me 2 days to get through this stage alone!
    Post edited by bdreish (GB1) on
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    You are not alone, I am working on corn atm and getting 1 or 2 per 7 fields ! The drop rate seems almost no existent these days !
  • I find the field tasks in all the events horrendous, some of them have fields & orchards & the orchards do all the work, but in this camping one its fields only & its just HORRIBLE!!! There is another thread about it somewhere, but I can`t find it.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Yep, agree with all the above!!! 
    Planting roses all over and only 1 out of 5 give any tracks, wildflowers maybe 1 out of 10 

Tracks!! More Tracks!! Need more tracks!!!!! 

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 28.07.2016
    Wildflowers are never any good for any of the field crop collections.

I wasn't having any trouble at all with corn.  Now I'm stuck with cabbage for George's silo. :(

When it says 1 or 5 for wildflowers, it doesn't mean you'll get 1 or 5 from every field of wildflowers.  Just that you can expect, randomly, 1 or 5, at random times, from wildflowers.
  • hemmy1 (US1)hemmy1 (US1) Posts: 174
    edited 28.07.2016
    Best one so far is alfalfa 3 to 5 out of 6 fields, keep your barn empty the drop increase dramatically.                                   (that helps with breeding 2) 

http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/themed/Heres_to_Nature.htm

Drop rates

Post edited by hemmy1 (US1) on
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Yep - drops seem to be terrible from fields on the Dutch Server (NL1) too - drops of tracks are horrible, drops of map parts not much better....
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    2 days i have tried to collect tracks from fields. Tried everything roses, corn alfalfa violets rapa.... just name it.
    237/470 i have so far. If it's gonna take an other 2 days to collect rest of tracks, i give up
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    While I'm still sure nothing regarding the rates was changed, I will ofc pass this on for our guys to check.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

Thank you CM Latten, it seems to be a widespread problem, especially on EN, NL and SKN1.  As @Jiesta has stated, drops of maps from fields are also very bad.  I have run out of sp seeds and almost used up all my roses etc trying to find the best crop for drops, but even sunflowers gave NIL.  I am certain that it wasnt this bad the last time I did this event. 
  • artistree (US1)artistree (US1) US1 Posts: 105
    I agree drop rate for tracks in CE terrible
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 06.10.2016
    Same here, cannot complete the camping event anymore on any other level except the two easiest (despite having farm lvl 150 haha) because the task with tracks from just fields is too time-consuming at this droprate (special seeds dont help at all if only 1 out of 5 harvests give any tracks). This plus the feed making task later on, it is impossible to complete it all without goldskip.. Please make this track-collecting task for fields + orchards, and not just fields!!! 
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    Drop rate 66% on corn and 72% on alfafla is not that bad when you have like me 15 fields.
    I know it was more easy to finish the weekly events before,but i still finish the events with more than 1 day over on level 6
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    I planted 12 fields of sunflower seeds overnight and not even 1 field yielded map pieces. That's a really low drop rate.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    we
    Drop rate 66% on corn and 72% on alfafla is not that bad when you have like me 15 fields.
    I know it was more easy to finish the weekly events before,but i still finish the events with more than 1 day over on level 6
    Well how many players have 15 fields so you saying the rate is great means nothing to the majority. Really to be giving stats your research would have to be more involved that just throwing out numbers, 
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    An up to date chance of drops for Here's to Nature.

• I have the same problem with tracks, this morning i got 0 tracks from all  wheat fields and very litle for every other  seed I plant either grains or flowers, I figure that at this rate I could be 24/7 working and still will not be enough
  • Last night, I got 10 tracks out of every other field of roses or so........10 out of special seed alfalfa........This morning, I got 20 out of every other wheat and 35 out of one of two fields of sunflowers........I'm over halfway done with the task, after the first day working on it.........I'm not understanding everybody else's problem with it????   :/
Sign In to comment.