Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Beware the Market Vendor

Comments

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    supposedly when the temp farm closes you are compensated for your dollars with the temp farm currency and can then purchase seeds, decos etc. from the trader... sure it is a poor conversion rate, but at least you get something.
  • I like the market - it works for me and I get a good cash flow from it.  Just the timed orders asking for unreasonable amounts I reject.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I like the market - it works for me and I get a good cash flow from it.  Just the timed orders asking for unreasonable amounts I reject.
    I like it too. Makes better money than selling from inventory.
    I decline contracts wanting things I don't normally produce (bouquets etc)
    and ignore neighbours wanting similar items or stuff I never have an excess off (cow feed)
    but the man at the end, wanting big slabs of cash for ?, I havn't touched him since I started this thread !!
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Lol I don't do organic market forget started order + wonder where my goods are   :o  but I do sell to neighbours if I see them and I always buy from vendor   :p   Its not real money and rather waste there than on 3 billionaires buildings    :p
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I am always busy on the market - fulfill all market orders, hardly ever decline one - don't care if it takes me several days to finish one... It gains me millions of farm dollars more than anything else on my farms. So just love it!! 

As Uncle John, I leave the market vendor just stand there, the poor chap - I never ever gave/give him any attention.

My neighbors get what they ask for most of the time (cause they give me more money for it than when I would sell things directly), but when it is something I don't have often an excess of (f.i. animal feed, dung), I ignore them.
  • I wonder, what would happen if you had only the $98 and he wanted to sell you some stupid duck feed for like $18,000.  Would the transaction actually go thru and you left with a negative, or will he come back to you saying "you dont have enough to purchase this item", or will he actually offer you the duck feed for $98.

One will never know.  Sometime I believe he offer you items with the amount of money you have on hand , so that if you only had $98 he would offer it to you for that or less.  Can anyone confirm this.?
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    The market vendor always wants $95,000 from me for some mystery. He's a rip off & not getting my money. I traded with him one time & he gave me chicken feed :open_mouth:
    Same here Jess!!!
  • Thirtyplus (US1)Thirtyplus (US1) Posts: 190
    edited 12.07.2016
    I have learned to pretty much ignore him, the guy selling as his goods are almost never a good deal!

Though the temporary farms, sure absorbs the funds fast!!  If you play every island that comes around, your permanent farms will suffer! :smile:
  • I wonder, what would happen if you had only the $98 and he wanted to sell you some stupid duck feed for like $18,000.  Would the transaction actually go thru and you left with a negative, or will he come back to you saying "you dont have enough to purchase this item", or will he actually offer you the duck feed for $98.

One will never know.  Sometime I believe he offer you items with the amount of money you have on hand , so that if you only had $98 he would offer it to you for that or less.  Can anyone confirm this.?
    NO works the same when a costumer comes and u had just sold all what he/she wants, instead of green on the order it gets kind white, meaning u cant complete the transaction. GGS never looses lol
  • I clicked the vendor on organic market and all my money is gone $7 million. 
  • EmaAndMe (US1)EmaAndMe (US1) Posts: 227
    edited 17.07.2016
    Oh Dear Lord....that vendor, he is selling You things, not giving them for free...I am sorry that this happened to You, that's a lot of money to lose :( Usually You can see what he is selling when you hovering that mouse over his head on that bubble..but 7 mill...I am sorry :/
    Post edited by EmaAndMe (US1) on
  • On that bubble said I have to pay $45000 as usual to the vendor but they took all my money :( I think they have a bug. :s

• Click Me (US1)Click Me (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 17.07.2016
    I clicked the vendor on organic market and all my money is gone. 
    on 
    the bubble said I have to pay $45k as usual to the vendor but it took all my money about $7 million  :(

Post edited by Click Me (US1) on
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    @Click Me (US1) If the vendor took more money than what it said you will need to contact support to try & recover your money. I hope you get your money back. :)
    That vendor is a thief!!! stay away from him, nothing he sells is worth what he asks or takes for it. ;)

sorry he stole from you.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Greetings,
    I am wondering why every time I click on the vender by the tiny vender stand I get My money taken away, when in fact that should Not be happening, if the Vender says 17000/17000 , then none of My money should be vanishing, but it does every single time, so I am wondering if that is a Bug in the game or glitch, cause if I am trading the same amount that is to be given to me, My money should stay put where it is, not be taken.
    The vendor sells  and he does take your money.... he is different than the neighbors who come by to purchase goods from you.

For what he charges the goods you get are not worth buying IMHO.
    JVD (US1) said:
    The vendor sells  and he does take your money.... he is different than the neighbors who come by to purchase goods from you.

For what he charges the goods you get are not worth buying IMHO.
    Yes I know he does take money , But when it says 17000/17000, that is suppose to mean that you get the same amount he is taking, which means no money should be taken from you.
    Yes. he sells goods for money, he does not give you money.
    so be careful with him in future  :)
    when it says 17000/17000 on the vender, that is suppose to mean that he will give you the same amount you spend, therefore your money should not be taken.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I have never seen that Blue Denim with the vendor it is always the ?  beware
  • EmaAndMe (US1)EmaAndMe (US1) Posts: 227
    edited 20.07.2016
    @Blue Denim (US1) , You are mistaken, 17000/17000 means that he is selling and he will definitely take that 17000 away from You. The first 17000/** is indicating that You have that 17000 he is asking for, the second **/17000 is the price he is asking for. And below the price is actually that item he is selling to You.
    Post edited by EmaAndMe (US1) on
  • Greetings,
    I am wondering why every time I click on the vender by the tiny vender stand I get My money taken away, when in fact that should Not be happening, if the Vender says 17000/17000 , then none of My money should be vanishing, but it does every single time, so I am wondering if that is a Bug in the game or glitch, cause if I am trading the same amount that is to be given to me, My money should stay put where it is, not be taken.
    i thought the same thing and it says reward on the bottom so one day he didnt stop giving me the green bill  so i click click... (i was thinking  it was summer special thing reward) till it went white (i had no more money all i had was 98 dollars from over 8mil) from that day on i never got near that guy again lol
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/us/discussion/127933/organic-market-vendor-took-all-my-cash#latest

• Greetings.

Now thus far, I have heard this happenind to many players. This is the Synopsis:
    The Grovestand attendant will sometimes have a money symbol over him, indicating that you earned some dollars.

But - as you click on that symbol, you start to get more and more rewards, at the same time, the dollars that you have earned
    suddenly start to head south? Is this normal? I had no idea that the attendant was actually taking my dollars only to leave me in the poor house.

It's not Like BF is Going to give out ANY sort of compensation, cause that's what they do, They only care about those who actually spend real money in this game, all other players are of little to no significance.

I only opted to mention this so that maybe someone may read this and avoid the grief.
    ( that is, those who actually are FTP players and not PTP players.)

"those that have a silver spoon in thier mouths always have the right-of way"

"free players that don't inject real world resources must be removed like the bad weeds that they are."
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 23.07.2016
    When you click on the vendor, you are buying his goods.  The market seller is selling you stuff, not giving you money or rewards.  When you click on him, he takes your money and gives you something in return.  Usually not worth the price.  Best to stay away.

Here's a useful link about the market -- contracts as well as the vendor.

https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2015/08/16/the-market/
  • hemmy1 (US1)hemmy1 (US1) Posts: 174
    edited 23.07.2016

Sorry about that, same thing happened to me (no compensation  :( ) check some other comments on

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/us/discussion/127933/organic-market-vendor-took-all-my-cash#latest
  • @TooneGemini (US1)
    Not a nice response to poor @hemmy1 (US1).  

The market vendor has always, since implementation, asked for money in return for something.  Sometimes the "something" is shown, most of the time - at least on my farm - it is a "?".  So, you take your chances on what your reward will be.  I, like @artful (US1) , don't think it is worth it.

You will not get compensation for the game functioning as it is supposed to function.  Why should you?  You're the one who clicked to spend money on some small item.  
  • Greetings.

Now thus far, I have heard this happenind to many players. This is the Synopsis:
    The Grovestand attendant will sometimes have a money symbol over him, indicating that you earned some dollars.

The "vendor" (no clue what a Grovestand attendant is) always has money on his bubble, because he is selling & he wants your money. The neighbours have items on their bubbles, because they are buying & the bubble shows what items they want to buy. Sometimes the vendor info tells you what he is selling & sometimes its a mystery and it just has a "?"  - Mystery items can be good or bad, usually bad in my experience.

He has always been a vendor, he is called a vendor in the Market help info, nowhere in the game have I ever seen anything about a Grovestand attendant that gives free rewards. You should ask whoever told you that to pay you some compensation, not GGS. The fact that his bubble has cash on it should have been a clue that cash was involved in the deal. :)
Sign In to comment.