Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update July 5th - Summer Weekend Activities II - Discussion

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 10.07.2016
    Yes @Jenni 1 (AU1) - is says they will run simultaneously, but then again: they have totally different functions (except for running at the same time, they indeed have nothing to do with each other)

- the reputation booster does just that: it boosts your reputation points gained during missions
    - the fireworks should double the drop rate from the tasks from the weekly, themed events (but this doesn't seem to work).
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    If the fireworks are to help with drop rates for collectable things during events, what about those of us that have already finished the event? Do we get nothing with this bonus? It seems a little one-sided !!
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    If the fireworks are to help with drop rates for collectable things during events, what about those of us that have already finished the event? Do we get nothing with this bonus? It seems a little one-sided !!
    Since it doesn't seem to be working (for anyone in my co-op) we're not missing out on anything.  B)
  • Agree...there is no change in drop rate so you lose nothing..
  • @richard1973 (IN1)  Always keep an eye on the Category "Official Announcements" and their Discussion Threads, Richard!

You can read that in the Official Announcement, see here:  https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/127329/update-june-29th-the-summer-weekend-festival-starts#latest

[quote] - During the fireworks you will get double the amount of dropped items for tasks you would usually collect by harvesting during themed events (e.g. firewood, etc). This will not affect your actual harvest products [unquote]
    thanx Jiesta..
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    edited 09.07.2016
    The Racing Farmer tells us which events will be working for the weekend.  This weekend we have the ice cream truck and the Rep point booster (which is active when the fireworks and timer are displayed).  Last week we had the ice cream truck and the horse trainer.  We have not had the fireworks with the drop items booster yet.
  • Who can tell me what it means the firework on the headfarm by the main building...can't do anything  there yet....please explain it to me

Thanks

• A delay for pop up with a direct buy option, will this apply to the gold usage option ? seeing as that must have been one of the main feed backs. I am sure we get a " are you sure" when buying because this is probably required by law. I think the complaints that I have seen are about  the sneaky way that the use gold button pops up when selling/tranfering crops etc, but i doubt very much that will change as it earns GGS a vast sum of money by virtue of players buying more gold to replace the,  ( can it be accidental if GGS possition it on purpose ? )  lost gold  <3   ;)
    @cheeky monkey (GB1)  It sounds like the buy button will be greyed out when a pop-up appears, so if you just clicked something on your farm when it pop-ups, you can`t accidentally buy. They did the same thing with the pop-ups for handbooks, but that one is so fast its hardly noticeable, I hope this one is at least a few seconds delay.
    Maybe so, but the problem is that I swing through the tree's so fast, it take forever for the internet to catch me up, by then the grey bit will be back to normal. If it STOPS people clicking by accident I will give credit where it is due, but alas I fear no credit will be due. If we do not win the event deco and we click "do not want it" we get a pop up giving us a last chance to use our gold, why cannot they do that with all the using gold buttons. I'll be shot down for this, but the truth is there... when upgrading the "skip with gold option" is a set of blue/white arrows this DOES look like it for taking you to the building rather than skipping, yes the use gold pops up but by then your finger is already on its way down to the mouse button. It is a simple request which would stop all the complaints of accidental usage.. however I feel that as it actually earns GGS a fortune, they will not prevent us from the accidental clicking ..... 
  • Update June 29th - The Summer Weekend Festival starts! said:

Summer Weekend Fireworks

To celebrate the summer time, every weekend multiple fireworks will pop up over your farmhouse for a limited amount of time! While the firework lasts, you will be granted a bonus on all of the dropped items you collect!

"every weekend" is used only in the "Summer Weekend Fireworks"
    So I think that fireworks with the dropped items is not described in the Racing Farmer.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    edited 10.07.2016
    Racing Farmer tells you which of the special events will be active each weekend.  Here's the one for this weekend:

Fireworks are for the Rep point booster per Update II
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    What is the deal with shortening the HW event again?
    Shortening?  It was the same length as before, the date stamp says 3 days but it's always longer than 72 hours.  I keep spreadsheets on everyone and the timeline is the same.  Actually this time, I felt like it was longer, lol.  :)
  • PennyS (GB1)PennyS (GB1) GB1 Posts: 46
    Can anyone tell me why there are fireworks over my farmhouse?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    What is the deal with shortening the HW event again?
    Shortening?  It was the same length as before, the date stamp says 3 days but it's always longer than 72 hours.  I keep spreadsheets on everyone and the timeline is the same.  Actually this time, I felt like it was longer, lol.  :)
    Latten confirmed that this one was slightly shorter.  This most recent one was exactly 72 hours.
  • Judy (AU1)Judy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 34
    Thank you so much for the update and i was able to pass on to my coop about the fireworks above the main house. Im also glad something was done about buying things buy accident.

Judy
  • thank you cm for the update this is what we where waiting for 
    edited 10.07.2016
    @Koetje Boe (NL1)   @PennyS (GB1)   @Judy (AU1)

FIREWORKS  have nothing to do with the reputation booster, although they run simultaneously =

- the reputation booster does just that: it boosts your reputation points gained during missions
    - the fireworks should double the drop rate from the tasks from the weekly, themed events (but this doesn't seem to work, probably due to a bug).

Which you could have read in the Official Announcement: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/127329/update-june-29th-the-summer-weekend-festival-starts#latest

@Koetje Boe (NL1) (vertaling officiële aankondiging staat ook in NL draadje in dit forum!!)

[quote]

Summer Weekend Fireworks

To celebrate the summer time, every weekend multiple fireworks will pop up over your farmhouse for a limited amount of time! While the firework lasts, you will be granted a bonus on all of the dropped items you collect!

- Fireworks will show up over your farmhouse at random times
    - Each fireworks period will last for a limited amount of time
    - During the fireworks you will get double the amount of dropped items for tasks you would usually collect by harvesting during themed events (e.g. firewood, etc). This will not affect your actual harvest products

[unquote]

edited 10.07.2016
    But then there is this, Jiesta, from the Update II, just to confuse things.  So the fireworks going now, which have been on my farm since the booster began, has nothing to do with drop rates for events:

Summer Weekend Reputation booster

During a cooperative championship you will be granted reputation bonus when the Summer Weekend reputation booster is running.

• A reputation boost will be granted to all cooperatives at the beginning of a cooperative championship.

• It will grant +100% bonus to all reputation earned from the missions.

• The bonus will also be shown at the top of your main screen, so you can easily see when it's running. Additionally, there will be fireworks over your main building when the reputation booster is active.

I don't know why GGS decided to do it this way it is indeed confusing to have fireworks be an indicator of 2 different events!
    I understand what you are saying DuffyPoo - seems that GGS wants the fireworks to have a double function: It should

- double our amount of dropped items (which never worked, not last weekend, not this weekend)
    - and it should function as an indicator that the reputation booster is running

Very strange indeed! Cause we already do have an indicator running in our screen that the rep.booster is on... why need 2?
    The horse training booster did not come all weekend.  Can someone at GGS please tell us if this was intentional or not?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    The horse training booster did not come all weekend.  Can someone at GGS please tell us if this was intentional or not?
    They probably can, but likely will not. LOL
    It was intentional.  Only what is shown in the Weekend Racing Farmer is what will happen that weekend.  
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Im yearning for the trainer to come back too.. been saving up on training horseshoes just for him! Pretty pleaaase bring him back ggs!! 

• dave55 (AU1)dave55 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 3
    can someone please tell me why my house on the main farm wont upgrade after I have paid the money, 4 to 5

regards

Dave
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    The house on the main farm can be upgraded to lvl 5 only if architect (Steve) is around.

But, I you sure that you paid the money? It is normal that it did not upgrade, but it should not take you money either.
    If you are sure that it charged you for the upgrade, the only way to solve it is by contacting support.
  • ABU SAEED (IN1)ABU SAEED (IN1) Posts: 15
    edited 13.07.2016
    where are the updates?
    dandy coop haven't been improved as u said.

inventory box's dandy showing 390 eggs....cc tent's dandy also showing 390 eggs.?
  • where are the updates?

inventory box's dandy showing 390 eggs....cc tent's dandy also showing 390 eggs.?
    The one in your inventory would have been changed too in the update.
  • where are the updates?

The one in your inventory would have been changed too in the update.
    oK.
  • I expected an update this week, anyone know why we don't have one yet?  Thanks
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 15.07.2016
    The fireworks booster for extra event items is working.... I just got 8 coconuts from Hector (my dog) instead of 4

EDIT: They were awesome, did not last for long but I was lucky & had most of my MF ready to harvest, (except for cherries & silo) & the double amounts finished the task level off.
    Fireworks are my new fave thing today hehe

Post edited by RunsWivScissors (GB1) on
    They do seem to work this time.
Sign In to comment.