Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gifts or Pranks

2»

Comments

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    To prank someone in order to gain an edge or just out of spite is a misuse of pranks in my opinion. So what is the right way to use a prank? The pranks are intended to be a fun way of interacting with your fellow players. I myself buy and use pranks, but not maliciously. It's sort of tradition in my coop to prank a new member who shows promise. Nothing major, usually they just get a field of corn or wildflowers salted. ;)  It's an initiation that makes a new member feel like they're one of us now.  <3   Now that's a way to use a prank as it's meant to be used.  :)
    Interesting.... and to be honest, I do not use pranks to gain an edge on another player. We sparkle (gift) our new members to welcome them into the fold. We do use pranks at the end of CC on our leaders, a tradition which I am not sure how it was started, guess we needed to find a place to use them. :)

I have never initiated a prank, but if someone does it to me... they get one back. and it is an extra karma for me and for the other to use when the twins show up.

Happy Farming!

Also, who cares if the top person in the mission is throwing gold, or using seaweed feed, and raking in 10 mil WF?  It only makes it better for everyone else as the rest of the members of the mission get more RP and more certs. 

I totally agree, the bigger the pot, the more all of us get proportionately....
    This is not accurate. I seldom use gold or seaweed, but am usually playing against those that clearly do.

I think that pranks are childish, and should not be part of the game. Period.
    there are many things that should probably not be a part of the game.... I agree...

Isn't there a bit of childishness in all of us.... after all we are playing games.... :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 25.06.2016
    It would be great if they could disable the pranks during the CC.  One thing that really bothers me is a player using the ghost prank on someones farm, especially during the CC.  That prank has a recurring bug, one that can only be fixed by Support---> https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/127178/error
    That would cripple a farm for the entire CC. :(

thank you all for your comments!!!

Just have fun! it is why we are here!
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Interesting  cant imagine pranking a new member really dont see how that is making them feel welcome more like bullying  I dont prank never have bought one never will but while you all scream if its there then it is ok then it is ok you want to pick and choose and tell others what is ok if they pay gold to prank then they are well within their right to use it to their advantage. This game is not always fair the people who can buy tons of gold will always win would I like it happening to me probably not happened once not really all that big of a deal. I agree with MRG  would be fine with me to take it all out gift and prank.  For those who say it is not war well people spend a whole lot of cash to be in the top just like the pentagon.
  • Nice way to go really liked your post.
  • Does it unlock an achievement?
    Does it unlock an achievement?
    not that I know of....
  • I've pranked my coop members with their permission and they pranked me back  with my permission.  We were experimenting with them to see what would happen. 
    To use them during an event or competition is a low blow! The type of blow that is not forbidden, but just makes the spectators booooo the one that did it.  I don't agree with cheating like that.
     I use seaweed only if I have won it or got it in the hot deals, but never I never gold during the competitions and NEVER pranks!  

edited 29.06.2016
    I totally agree and I do not prank except for coop leaders after CC has completed and coop members... the only other time I prank is when it is done to me first during a mission, figure the person deserves it back 10 fold (he did ask for it after all, LOL)!

I do use seaweed during CC that I get when buying gold but I do not use gold to push. I also use gifts during CC, mostly on the members of my coop, but I also randomly give to opponents in missions, of course not on something that will help them during the mission we are in!

Only thing I disagree is the use of the word "cheating", since it is part of the game.

I do like that just about everyone in the game seems to agree it is bad form to use pranks during missions! ;)
    Post edited by JVD (US1) on
  • jennifer4 (US1)jennifer4 (US1) Posts: 168
    edited 29.06.2016
    I THINK IF NOT AGAINST FORUMS RULES SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE WHAT EVER WORD YOU WANT ( CHEATING OR CHEATERS) . I DONT LIKE WHEN PEOPLE QUOTE RULES EITHER AND TURN AROUND BREAK THE RULES BY TALKING BADLY ABOUT ANOTHER PLAYER BECAUSE THEY USED PRANKS.
    Post edited by jennifer4 (US1) on
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841

People use gold to win missions so why are people complaining when pranks are used? It is not against the rules.

If pranks should be banned so should gold use.

• If all of you think being pranked is, and it is, not against the rules then why would you care if someone told who pranked you ???    hum....

If you don't feel QUILTY about using GOLD or PRANKING to WIN, why would you feel QUILTY about being outed  (your identity declared) ?

Is it because you thought no one would dare speak of it and if they did they would never again because all the sneaky underhanded types would come to your rescue ?

If it is ok to do, then it should be ok to tell, so all can get in on.... if that is the type of player you are.!

Just Saying...

Sandra

• I'd accidentally pranked someone I meant to 'gift', and the put big hoodoos on EVERYTHING. it was awful.
  • they* oops
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841

It is possible people do not think it is cheating until you mention their name, If their was a list of people using gold to win or using pranks to win, the wayu we are talking about this would definitely be different.

GGS allows this and event promotes it, because of that it will never change. The ultimate outcome is GGS makes money from this, until that changes, pranking and using gold will continue

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I did not read anyone who pranked who did not want to be outed Grey cat is very outspoken about her pranking and who has time to list all those who use gold. Let us not forget that BIG gold buyers are their dream children the privledged and give their blessings to all that you can do here with gold bought that is reality.
  • I consider them to be cheaters also.I know they wouldn't like it if someone did it to them.
    I would have to disagree. I would be pleased if someone did it back to me.

I mostly only prank people who pay to win - like in the cooperative championships. If someone pays a thousand dollars to 'win' I'd prank every building on their farm all day long until the event is over.
    I LOVE Your style  LOL
  • I consider them to be cheaters also.I know they wouldn't like it if someone did it to them.
    I would have to disagree. I would be pleased if someone did it back to me.
    I mostly only prank people who pay to win - like in the cooperative championships. If someone pays a thousand dollars to 'win' I'd prank every building on their farm all day long until the event is over.

I wonder who is really paying the price....
  • Not sure where to start this discussion on this subject, myself I prefer the gifting part of this, hoping to see it more often within co-ops to help other members with the many parts of their farm, and perhaps some exchanges of goods within a group also, but as leader of a group I discourage the use of any pranks among members, or on any player for that matter which could bring hard feeling and additional harrasment from other groups, or players within a group. Our players don't use them, and if they do and I find out they will be gone.Deputies too, and if they are found  using them on outside groups or individuals, same result. Mine just sit there unused. GG should really consider taking out this aspect of the game as it could be bad for all, discourage game play having harrassed players leave. Granted the pranks, bought with gold, is a further income, but at what possible end. This may not be a problem now but in the future it may, as harrassment in Empire game is becoming more commonplace, my reason for leaving. This may be only the first complaint on this issue, but may well not be the last. Future events may prove otherwise. Please Discuss 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Most pranks in Big Farm are fairly innocuous, although getting hit with them during a mission can be rather annoying at times - or if you're growing wheat overnight and find someone hit all your fields with Mysterious Seeds. :) Whaddya mean I just spent 6 hours growing 50 wildflowers! *pout* :)

Other than that, hey - free karma!
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 19.02.2017
    Totally agree with @dld farmer (US1)

Having left my coop 3 months ago, I was only doing missions to complete the daily tasks. I have played Big Farm for 3 years and the only time I got pranked was last month during a coop challenge. Really did not appreciate it:  I was not winning the mission (not even close) at the time, I was not going to win the mission, I was not even trying to win the mission, I do not use gold or seaweed in missions, and the player who pranked me was well ahead of everyone else in the mission, 

There are clearly people who think it's all in fun, and there or those like myself that think Pranks are childish and should not be part of a so-called friendly game. 

Since that incident, I have even less desire to play missions. I will only do them occasionally now to get rid of the daily task or if I am bored.
  • the use of the pranks is the very thing i was also messaging about and as things similar to this are also used in other games to harrass some ppl, and may well get them to quit the game, where I am it is staunchly forbidden to use pranks on anyone for any reason, using it will get you kicked. no excuses.
  • Jefference (AU1)Jefference (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10
    edited 09.12.2018
    I don't know why one player keeps pranking me. I'm not in a co-op, and he/she constantly pranks me which seems to have no effect apart from a mist over my field saying he has.

Edit: Just discovered the Leprechaun and got 900 gold. Keep pranking me :smiley:
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    It is Tanuki from Golden Week. If you get a second prank, just find him again and click.  No need to ever accept a prank

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file