Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

100M Hard Work Reward

Why was the Rustic Cute Apple Orchard appearance chosen as the 100M Hard Work Reward for this CC?  This reward would only benefit those coops with a coop apple orchard, which to the best of my knowledge, is one coop.  Since a coop apple orchard isn't one of the rewards as well, it's pretty useless for our coop.  We earned it, woohoo, how about a reward we can actually use?

Comments

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I have hopes that the "cute" apple orchard will show up as a prize in some future event, but I totally agree with you.
  • FarmerMarkD (US1)FarmerMarkD (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    Does the apple skin not work on regular apples? I assumed it did. I know it works on my coop apples, but it really should work on regular apples, since, as you say KarenKay, only one coop has coop apples. 
  • Nope. I can attest to the fact that it does not work on our regular orchards. Ugh.
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    Does the apple skin not work on regular apples? I assumed it did. I know it works on my coop apples, but it really should work on regular apples, since, as you say KarenKay, only one coop has coop apples. 
    No Mark it doesn't.  We were able to just buy the rustic skins for our reg apple orchards.for 800,000 a piece.  It would have been nice if the reward for reaching the 100M mark was something extra special that we could all use.  Heck even a mining license would have been better than this, lol.  
    Wow Karen. That seems very shortsighted of GGS. Not fair for folks to work so hard to get to a reward that they can't even use. What's the fun in that? I'm disappointed - and sad for all those who worked to get this useless (to them) prize. 
  • Last CC the reward for reaching the 100M was 9 gold flowers, this time a joke, a reward that only Brat pack can use.
    Simple question what is going to be done about it GGS? what a real (useful) reward the other coops will get? Just let us know.
    Thanks in advance

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 28.06.2016
    I totally agree with you... the top rewards should be able to be used by anyone!!! all that work and it can't be used...

That is just wrong GGS!!!
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    That is so outrageous   if I am reading this correctly  but am stumped as I bought that upgrade for all my apple trees but they were regular apple tree  not the special win a cooperative challenge apple tree is that all that this will go on???????????
    Lol  thinking about this and seeing the prizes is so funny as how much gold they are raking in onprizes that aren't  all that great. So this tells me it really is about the EGO of the players and GGS is laughing all the way to the bank.  If players would quit buying into this hockem when what they offer as prizes is really pitiful they would have to start giving out better prizes.
  • I agree Karen, woohoo NOT!  If they want a unique prize, why not do an appearance for the farmhouse on the main farm.  I understand they wanted it to be "coop" oriented since it is the Coop Challenge, but the useless apple appearance it not worth being the final prize.  OOPS....didn't think that through!  If not getting answers here, do a survey.  I'll gladly do that to make the prizes worth it, not something I'll never use!
  • JVD you are right it is in the other post. In my opinion this post should have been titled differently.  This has nothing to do with Brat Pack.  I know that they have played hard enough to have won the Cooperative Apple Orchard many times.  Which they have deservedly won.  This issue is about GGS not really thinking the prize through.  Which they could ask us the players and we will tell them.
    As a member of the Brat Pack - I completely agree. Other coops who make 100m in the challenge should get a prize they can actually USE. That's a LOT of hard work for a useless prize. Many  of our members can't use it either - as our newer members don't have coop apples. A prize that difficult to get should have value for all who earn it.
  • 1. it should have been both the orchard and the appearance

2. That said, this follows a pattern of disrespect from GGS; rutabaga and alfalfa seed that aren't worth much; co-op WOF with bonuses like 1 token; catalizers as prizes that no-one can afford to use - and none of it salable -- there is a pattern of cr*p for high gold / dollars

GGS keeps showing us how little they respect us players and as long as we keep taking it without a fuss they will keep doing so

C'mon, GGS; show some class. Make these prizes at least worth the efforts / gold and make a commitment to us that it will never happen again
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The Rookie League's top HW reward is ... drumroll please .... 4 sunflower seeds.  Be still my heart.  LOL!
    The Rookie League's top HW reward is ... drumroll please .... 4 sunflower seeds.  Be still my heart.  LOL!
    I agree, majorly lame, BUT at least usable by all members.  I'd like to see rewards commensurate with the amount of time and work required to achieve it.  An unusable appearance, or 4 sunflower seeds doesn't even come close.
    1. it should have been both the orchard and the appearance

2. That said, this follows a pattern of disrespect from GGS; rutabaga and alfalfa seed that aren't worth much; co-op WOF with bonuses like 1 token; catalizers as prizes that no-one can afford to use - and none of it salable -- there is a pattern of cr*p for high gold / dollars

GGS keeps showing us how little they respect us players and as long as we keep taking it without a fuss they will keep doing so

C'mon, GGS; show some class. Make these prizes at least worth the efforts / gold and make a commitment to us that it will never happen again
    Hey GG, if we had received both the coop orchard and the rustic appearance for it, I would have been on here doing my special <happy dance>

It does feel like a lot of the prizes have little to no value.

In looking through hundreds of posts here on the forum, I'm sure not seeing where making a fuss of any kind has worked out the way those making the fuss had hoped it will.  For every new item, option, etc., it comes with an enormous cost, time requirement or something that makes it useless for most.  This CC, I'd of been a happy camper if I'd of just been able to stay connected for an entire mission.  Then there were the 3 hour intervals, multiple times of being unable to connect at all.  (Before I start getting instructions on how to clear my cache, yadda yadda, I am a techie, and none of that helped in any way)

Sure like to see a mod pop in and state that they will pass this guffaw on to the developers, and hopefully come up with something worthwhile to give all of the coops who reached the 100M mark.  

Did I mention I'm a dreamer?
    Karen you are absolutely right, they hopefully care about what is written here they have survey results but nothing changes for the good of the players and I believe it is as long as people keep doing the same thing satisfying their need for cash by us buying gold WHY should they change. The CC is not for our enjoyment it is a cash cow for them.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I agree, majorly lame, BUT at least usable by all members.  I'd like to see rewards commensurate with the amount of time and work required to achieve it.  An unusable appearance, or 4 sunflower seeds doesn't even come close.
    I know.  The rewards weren't this stingy in the past.  I agree, though.  If you're in the top league, and working your tails off, the rewards should be usable by all.
  • hemmy  I agree with you why why why 
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    1. it should have been both the orchard and the appearance

I am always amazed when the CC comes around and people use crazy amounts of gold to win.

Giving GGS your gold for worthless prizes (that do not even come close to the real time and money put into the game) only reinforces to GGS that this is a good marketing ploy. That is why they continue to do so.
  • my question has changed:        Why GGS give a reward that only crazy daisies can use?
    ''IF''   the reward was a dandy duck coop rustic cute... guys the question here is simple, is GGS going to give us a reward that all coops can use and be useful? how many coops could not be bothered completing the 100mil if they could not use the prize?
    Where is the INCENTIVE to spend time and money during this long and unfruitful CC?
    the simple question is: what is GGS going to to about it?

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    JVD you are right it is in the other post. In my opinion this post should have been titled differently.  This has nothing to do with Brat Pack.  I know that they have played hard enough to have won the Cooperative Apple Orchard many times.  Which they have deservedly won.  This issue is about GGS not really thinking the prize through.  Which they could ask us the players and we will tell them.
    I didn't care about the reference to Brat Pack.... just that the same basic question is in the other thread...

and I totally agree with all these thoughts!!! Why give out a prize that not everyone can use??? and as hemmy1 said "Where is the INCENTIVE to spend time and money during this long and unfruitful CC?

the simple question is: what is GGS going to to about it?"
  • Have to agree with everyone - and not sure have much to add... I keep being reminded of the saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me thrice ...

The bottom line is GGS is a business.  As with any business they have the right to determine their values and their standards of integrity.  As consumers it is our decision to buy their goods and determine if their standards are in accordance with ours!  If they aren't we can either purchase their product or not. We can play THEIR game or not.  They are under no obligation to provide us a free game and the same with making rewards worth our while. 

The ball is in our court - either we:

1) Play a game which takes advantage of the players, provides ways to purchase points/status/ranking/etc and spend our money (and TIME) to compete and attempt to out spend our opponents or

2) We play the game without using our money knowing that we have a high chance of our accomplishment in this event or another being overtaken by someone who is lazy through the use of real money and take that loss knowing we were smart enough to not throw real money into the game or

3) We walk away entirely finding a way to have fun while teaching our children or others what real hard work is giving an example of integrity worth modeling

It irritates me B.I.G. T.I.M.E how the rewards have become less and less valuable to the point of the final reward in the gold league unusable by the majority of those who reach it!!! But what irritates me more is I FELL FOR IT!   I knew from the beginning what that reward was - I just didn't read the fine print! I know better!!!  This isn't the first time being tricked - so the fact I spent so much on gifts and missions was pretty much a waste when it comes to "reward" from GGS. 

The top reward is knowing that my teammates had a blast and broke personal records - THAT is my reward and quite frankly GGS can't top that!  Despite the un-level playing field, jacked up way of buying points our team was able to help one another grow.  For the fourth championship in a row I have beat my personal record through hard work and a LOT of help from the rest of my team - I can walk away from the championship knowing my team and I played with integrity, because without integrity - nothing else matters.

The decision I now have to make is not whether I will spend any $$$ rather am I going to continue to spend my t.i.m.e playing a game where integrity not only doesn't matter but lack of it is encouraged!  :/
    Karen you are absolutely right, they hopefully care about what is written here they have survey results but nothing changes for the good of the players and I believe it is as long as people keep doing the same thing satisfying their need for cash by us buying gold WHY should they change. The CC is not for our enjoyment it is a cash cow for them.
    I both agree and disagree  :)  The survey obviously made us all feel that our input was of value and changes would be forthcoming, and who knows, maybe some will, but there will always be a cost involved.

If you were around last December, a significant number of coops did not participate in the CC because it was just too much with the Santa's Wish List going on at the same time.  I also didn't spend any gold on SWL.  As I've already posted in another thread, that was one of the best events, and best of times for the coop and myself.  But, it seems, most players in other coops didn't enjoy it at all.  So that's another aspect to consider.  Many like competition and going head to head against others, while others don't participate in missions at all.

Though many seem to think that if massive amounts of coops didn't participate in the CC, GGS would make changes, the reality is it's not going to change a thing.  Online games are a lucrative business.  Folks will quit and more will come, it's a never-ending revolving door.  Whether we participate or not is irrelevant, there are multiple ways of still getting us to spend our money which we are willing to do to upgrade our buildings, purchase some of the special decos, etc.  All of the events are triggered to spending to speed up the harvest, speed up the mill, etc. (unless you are able to spend exorbitant amounts of time playing), which takes gold or the seaweed items to do.  But ultimately, the choice is yours, spend or don't spend.  

I've thought about this a lot.  Why do I continue to play this game if I feel it's moved more to making money, than player enjoyment?  They've got us coming and going, and yet we come on here and whine, but keep playing because....though we all may enjoy farming to some degree, creating our farms, working through the achievements, the ultimate pull to this game is the other players we have spent time with and the online relationships that we've built.  That's what brings me back.  The people.  The one thing that didn't require me to spend a single solitary dollar to earn.

And to get this back on the topic of a useless Hard Work Reward, lol, in looking at the top prizes for all leagues, they all need reworked.

• Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83
    Top Level rewards were a slap in the face. 106th reward useful to all but one Co-Op. We worked our tails off, attain all rewards, break 100 million mark and get a useless final reward? To say it's disappointing is an understatement. 
    The survey did nothing more than make people feel as if they were having some say. Half the things that came out recently were on the drawing boards (in code writing process) weeks, if not months, before the survey was put out. You simply can't incorporate some of these things as quickly as we saw them appear in the game.
    As others have stated, it's a cash business and GGS has to pay the bills. I understand that, and appreciate that. But for a few better rewards they very likely could actually bolster their membership, instead of driving people away from it. Yes, the people that leave will be replaced by somebody else. However, that attains merely status quo, not growth. I would think GGS would like to grow, not tread water with a revolving door.

What's funny about it in an odd way is the fact we will complain about it, yet the majority of us will be back doing it again in 6 weeks or so. Actually spending more time and / or money to try to do better than we did this time....LOL
    What's funny about it in an odd way is the fact we will complain about it, yet the majority of us will be back doing it again in 6 weeks or so. Actually spending more time and / or money to try to do better than we did this time....LOL
    I totally agree.  Since we have to beat our previous score, of course, lol.  
    Well the definition of insanity to keep doing the same thing expecting different results. I am sane and no I dont complain only to give them more of my money next time around. As said why would they change anything for our benefit when people behave in this manner. We are Rookie and guess will always be no problem with that.
  • There are a lot of excellent points raised here.  I agree with a lot of them.  I also have stopped spending my hard earned gold on anything but my farm.  If I by chance get seaweed stuff by the hot deals when I buy 2 for 1 gold, then I will use that, but not always.  I play it how I want to and spend what I want, not what they want me to. And a lot of the events I only play for something that I want, and for the CC if my time allows, I try to beat my personal best and get into the fun competition.
    Well the definition of insanity to keep doing the same thing expecting different results. I am sane and no I dont complain only to give them more of my money next time around. As said why would they change anything for our benefit when people behave in this manner. We are Rookie and guess will always be no problem with that.
    That reminds me of, ..."accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference."  I accept that GGS is NOT going to change a thing, why should they?  I moved past that a long time ago.  I created this thread in the hopes that their shortsightedness on the 100M reward would be adjusted for future CC's so other coops reaching that mark would earn a viable reward.

Honestly, when my coop goes into a new CC it really hasn't been solely about the rewards we could earn.  Of course we always try and do our best, so first we always strived to earn the coop cherry orchard for our new members, and now it's to get to the 100M mark so that they acquire all of the rewards available.  It's the one event where all of the members come together with a common goal of working together and hopefully improving our score over the previous CC.  The camaraderie, laughs, highs, lows, are evident in the non stop chat box and message board.  So many new friends are made during the missions, and it's a very good time for all when you get past the lagging and constant disconnects, lol. 

And getting back to your post about "insanity," don't forget, we are called the "Crazy Daisies!"  :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file