Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

loading bonus?

for the longest time, when loading the ship, it took only four items to earn the loading bonus.
then i made the mistake of doing the island farm event. it then added two more items only attained from the island farm. well, the island farm has been gone for over a month now, and it still takes those island farm items to get the loading bonus. WHEN will these go away?
i refuse to get sucked into the nordic fiasco, as it is the same kind of temporary scam. and i dont want to be substituting produce i don't have from that for the stuff i don't have from the island farm.
please tell me the bottom row will eventually go away, or require produce from permanent farms.
DAMMIT, I WANT MY LOADING BONUS BACK!!
Post edited by Tboneporkchop (US1) on

Comments

• DeltaOps44 (US1)DeltaOps44 (US1) Posts: 243
    edited 14.03.2015
    They will never go away now. I think it should, but it will never change.
  • Tboneporkchop (US1)Tboneporkchop (US1) Posts: 105
    edited 14.03.2015
    UNFAIR!! i'm tellin' mom!
  • MasonJ (US1)MasonJ (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 06.05.2015
    Doggone! I neva thought 'bout that. I'm so glad loading is a bonus and not a mandatory thing in da game. Although I like the challenge of the Island Farms and the only way to get Horseshoes is loading the ship. There should be another way to get Horseshoes though! Like maybe we should be able to fish off the dock for them.

But Really, Has anyone else had problems getting the Full Load Bonus I noticed that although I had loaded all Four boxes I still Did Not Get the Fully Loaded Bonus which is always about 215 Horseshoes with XP Pts. ?? What is the Prob There?
  • jduck51 (US1)jduck51 (US1) Posts: 1
    edited 14.05.2015
    The same thing is happening to me
  • Bill.D (US1)Bill.D (US1) Posts: 23
    edited 15.05.2015
    Yea I do agree it is a little ridiculous that we can't access those two items yet they are still showing there. At least bring back a way we can access the items even with gold somehow as I need horseshoes to train my horses!
  • MasonJ (US1)MasonJ (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 15.05.2015
    jduck51 wrote: »
    The same thing is happening to me

Yeah, I'm Still Not getting the Loading Bonus (215 Horseshoes and the XP points) when I make a Full Load on the Ship. I am so in need of those horseshoes!
    :(
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 16.05.2015
    I am with t bone really dont want to open another area until I am more advanced at 46 now heard not good to open the ship until your a level 85 lost so much money and gold on that island
    This is a not a fun part of the game for sure.
  • Tboneporkchop (US1)Tboneporkchop (US1) Posts: 105
    edited 16.05.2015
    your problem mason is you need to load all 6 boxes to get the loading bonus 4 from your farms & 2 from offshore. SUCKS DON'T IT
  • I've never done a temp farm, so only have my main farm, and just now started my gourmet farm.  I was hoping to get the loading bonus when I filled the ship this last time, but it didn't happen.  I did get it one other time.  Of course, I'm at sea now, so can't check to see what all it says.  

Am I never going to be able to get the loading bonus?  I'll never get my horse trained at this rate.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Once you open a temp farm then boat will ask for those exotic fruits. Kind of forcing you to do them all in order to load the boat to get your load bonuses.
     I suggest that if you have opened the temp farms and your farms are not almost maxed just do the minimum on the temp farms and focus on building up your other farms. It will take you longer now that you have opened the temp farms to build up your other farms but you will get there.
    Remember this game is not a race ;) Do not be in a rush to do or get the next thing available, it may end up hurting you in the long run.
     Once you reach level 30 as a player the temp farms can become available to do.
    Watch for a task/quest on the left side of your game screen asking you to "donate 25 certificates"!!!
    This will open the temp farms!!!
    Much better off to leave the temp farm until you have your flower farm up, running and able to make honey cream on a regular bases. Then you might be able to complete the first chapter of the temp farms.
    Well they did add a way to get horseshoes if you upgrade your farm lab to level fourteen I think it is, you make yr horseshoes but will have to have horseshoes and catalyizers to make. So very costly to get to that level.
  • Well they did add a way to get horseshoes if you upgrade your farm lab to level fourteen I think it is, you make yr horseshoes but will have to have horseshoes and catalyizers to make. So very costly to get to that level.
    Your farmer would have needed to corner the market on Apple or some other high-flying stock in order to afford the "renovations" to get the lab up that high. :)
  • I do not like the 30 day farms, cost way to much money. I do play them but do not upgrade much so I get very few vouchers, It really sucks because I want the darn bonus for filling the ship but without those vouchers or spending my SS money it is imposible to do. I think the ship, once the 30 day farms are gone too fill the ship should be from your 3 farms only
    Honest @BestWendy7 (US1) as you are able to get you farms up the temp farms do become easier to do. Once you have opened a temp farm there is not much you can do except to continue to do them to fill the boat so it does not sit as often.
     I suggest you just do the minimum on them and be sure to demolish every thing you can before the event ends as well as sell off every thing you can. I find this will get you enough exotic fruit seeds to last you til the new temp farm starts, most of the time.
  • I know this is an old thread, but why keep the 6 items for loading the ship if the temp farms only last 30 days regardless if you are level 30 or level 100 you still dont have the temp farms so why is those items still being requested to load the ships. If the temp farms are gone so should the extra 2 slots on the ship be removed.  Where do I submit a ticket to get this done.  I do not want to see these items on my ship if I cannot fill those slots.
    I know this is an old thread, but why keep the 6 items for loading the ship if the temp farms only last 30 days regardless if you are level 30 or level 100 you still dont have the temp farms so why is those items still being requested to load the ships. If the temp farms are gone so should the extra 2 slots on the ship be removed.  Where do I submit a ticket to get this done.  I do not want to see these items on my ship if I cannot fill those slots.
    LOl that is all part of the game and those items stay until you open another temp farm then it will change to that farms special fruit.,  They arent going to change this it brings them big amount of cash to buy gold to build ect.
  • So Damaria, you saying that since I cant load the full ship to get the full ship bonus, then I wont get the horseshoes to upgrade my horse and there fore all the upper level players will beat my horse in every race since he is low level.  So what is the enjoyment in 1. loading ship getting paid bank for your products and 2. having a horse that is upgraded that can complete and win a bit more than a few shows?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @PKGame (US1)  You'll still get horseshoes, just not a huge amount.  The number is beside each item needed.  Plus you can get horseshoes as rewards like the Hard Worker Event, and during tournaments.  I rarely have full loads, but have managed to have enough horseshoes to keep training my horses.
  • So Damaria, you saying that since I cant load the full ship to get the full ship bonus, then I wont get the horseshoes to upgrade my horse and there fore all the upper level players will beat my horse in every race since he is low level.  So what is the enjoyment in 1. loading ship getting paid bank for your products and 2. having a horse that is upgraded that can complete and win a bit more than a few shows?
    I've never played the temporary farms so I only have 4 slots to fill in the ship.  It is minimal horseshoes, but still, a horse can be trained slowly.   As @artful (US1) said above, there are other ways to get horseshoes: hard worker event, co-op championship rewards, horse season rewards.  Just train slowly and don't go past that 12-13 levels before breeding.  Going over that uses far too many horseshoes.

https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/all-about-the-horse-stable/
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    So Damaria, you saying that since I cant load the full ship to get the full ship bonus, then I wont get the horseshoes to upgrade my horse and there fore all the upper level players will beat my horse in every race since he is low level.  So what is the enjoyment in 1. loading ship getting paid bank for your products and 2. having a horse that is upgraded that can complete and win a bit more than a few shows?
    I've never played the temporary farms so I only have 4 slots to fill in the ship.  It is minimal horseshoes, but still, a horse can be trained slowly.   As @artful (US1) said above, there are other ways to get horseshoes: hard worker event, co-op championship rewards, horse season rewards.  Just train slowly and don't go past that 12-13 levels before breeding.  Going over that uses far too many horseshoes.

https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/all-about-the-horse-stable/

If you never go over level 13 in training the horse how does the horse compete or ever get out of the bronze category?
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Big Beck:

check out the link DuffyKid posted.... it talks about the training and breeding... training a horse over lvl 12 - 13 is a waste of your horseshoes. Get a 2nd horse, train to level 12 -13 and then breed the two of them... the resultant horse will train cheaper to get to a higher level... and so on.
    JVD (US1) said:
    @Big Beck:

check out the link DuffyKid posted.... it talks about the training and breeding... training a horse over lvl 12 - 13 is a waste of your horseshoes. Get a 2nd horse, train to level 12 -13 and then breed the two of them... the resultant horse will train cheaper to get to a higher level... and so on.

but you still want to eventually train to higher than 13 right? The offspring of the two 13's are going to start at thirteen, so you're going to train them up.
    JVD (US1) said:
    @Big Beck:

but you still want to eventually train to higher than 13 right? The offspring of the two 13's are going to start at thirteen, so you're going to train them up.
    Absolutely!!!!! but if you take the 1st level 13 horse and try to go to lvl 14... it will cost you more horseshoes. then if you train to to lvl 13, breed and then take that resultant horse higher.... and there are different lvls where this happens...

Has taken me a long time to get a horse to lvl 60... and more breeding will need to be done to get a horse higher without using a gazillion horseshoes...

it is a progressive thing... I don't understand it all, but the breeding etc will help get you where you want to be at the least cost of horseshoes...
    Ok I read the article posted  by Duffy and it's clear to me. I was just questioning the remark by Duffy saying don't train past 12 or 13.  They meant the first time.. The offspring of those can be trained higher, and so  on.
    edited 24.06.2016
    yep, absolutely... that is the way to get to higher levels most efficiently and horseshoe cost effective! :)
    You can train a stock horse as high as you want. I would never do this again as I have learned my lesson by training a stock horse to level 40. Took a better part of a year and half a million horseshoes on 1 horse. Since then I have found that you can train a stock horse to level 14 with 2 full training's in each training area. Then breed to get a foal/colt, a first generation horse at level 14 which can be trained up to level 26 with 2 full training's in each area.
    I liked the advice not to name them so yo don't get attached.  I just keep using the same names.  I have two I like.
  • Ok I read the article posted  by Duffy and it's clear to me. I was just questioning the remark by Duffy saying don't train past 12 or 13.  They meant the first time.. The offspring of those can be trained higher, and so  on.
    Sorry, didn't make myself clear. :(  After breeding two level 12s, you get a level 12 that you should breed about 12 levels before horseshoe reqmts get crazy.  It's a long....sloow..process. :)
  • Thank you Duffy and Artiful.  Wonderful advise.  I am glad that I came to the forum and asked these questions, as there is no direction listed anywhere on how to do these things.  So trial and error and cries and tears is the way to go.  I thank those that have come and gone before me to show me the way.  Thanks all.

So slow and steady WILL win this day, And I should not look at the long list of people that have picked my horse to beat and gain ranking :)
  • Finally remembered to look at my ship before it set sail.  The two "temp" farm slots are locked and until they are unlocked and I decide to play whatever is unlocked, I'll never get the elusive fully loaded ship bonus.  C'est la vie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file