Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 6th - New Appearances - Discussion

Comments

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 10.06.2016

Have you all seen the thread from @CMLatten, there is going to be an update on 13th June and we will be getting a new appearance for the apple orchard - camping themed - for 2 hardest difficulties. 

I would post the link to the thread but my computer wont let me :(

• @bdreish (GB1) This one --->>>  Camping Improved  ...... I just changed all my apples to rustic, but I REALLY want a camping one hehe
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    @RunsWivScissors(GB1) -  thank you, that's the one.  I also want one, or two, three, four etc  :)
  • Looks really good. I'll be getting at least one :smile:
  • @Damaria3 (US1)  You may not like it this new "appearance" or "skin" but others do.  I believe there will be other skins in the future, maybe you'll like one of those.  I don't mind this rustic look, except my playing style will not allow me to convert my whole farm so there's no point, for me, doing the parts I can do and leaving the rest.  That would be a hodge-podge and worse than what it is now.  Like I said, I like the dog and the apple orchards so I'm doing those. 
    That is all I have changed as well. I like the look. But I won't be changing to the available rustic looks now. Too rustic for me. As you said, there are those who do like them. Personally, for me anyway, even if I did like them; the cost prevents me from changing.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I would like to post my bitter experience from the Wheel of fortune last night. I finished in the top 5 - got the Irish chicken and the rustic view for the chicken coop, but from around 35 bonus rounds i didn't get a single rustic house. I know it is all based on luck, but still from 35 times could have won one.
    Anyway next time i'll keep my fingers crossed during the whole duration of the Wheel :wink:

LOL - I feel your pain.  I've been trying to get the silly hammock deco for months as I have a space that needs that size.  No joy for me either.  But I do love that green chicken.   :)
  • I think this is a really good game and think people should play this game
  • from what I have seen, the only way to upgrade the doghouse is to buy into the rustic look. I don't want any of that on my farm, but I would like to upgrade my precious dog's living quarters.
  • There are 10 levels for the dog.  The can be upgraded in the normal way through the ring menu unless your dog is already at level 10.
  • ok so if the themed building are no longer going to be available and it says that it only changes the appearance, does that mean we loose the benefits of the themed building? So before if we won a Hawaiian Chicken coop we would also be rewarded with more eggs and dung with that building. So now if we are just rewarded the appearance of the Hawaiian chicken coop that is all we get is the looks? No more extra eggs and dung? Hardly seams worth the effort to win if we really do not get any of the benefits that we used to.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    From what I understand is that the skins just change the looks not the productions on any building they are applied to ;)
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I don't think the Appearances are offered on the WoF on the Temp Farms, which is where you get the Tropical Chicken Coop, Viking Goat and Sweet Apiary.  These buildings are not affected by the appearances at all.  The Hawaiian Coop and the Tropical Coop are 2 different things.
  • I bought the rustic apple orchards and do like them very much! the pig sty not so much!! definitely wont be using that for my farm so I assume it will sit in "storage" forever!!! hopefully when they release the new sets there will be some better looking choices that do not cost astronomical amounts of farm cash OR gold!!
  • I can't find the change icons.
  • I can't find the change icons.
    It's part of the upgrade icon on the ring menu.
  • This Update is quite okay,i had a question,is this rusty theme available temporarily or will be here for forever?

As i got bankrupt while trying to theme my farm,so was wondering that will it be available later so that i can complete my set for dollars ?

And @shazamd (US1) and @Farmer Gold (IN1),I used to get that Hammock often,but never got GML,if you want Hammock,i have 2 of them in my Inventory,can lend you,LOL
  • @CM Latten Any possibilities that any time prices for the appearances will be cut to half or 1/3rd? I am trying to save up for upgrades and cc. But every time I see  one new appearance, it catches my eye and I end up purchasing and using it. cant resist :(
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    I have news regarding the residential appearance issues, with the next update we will change their behaviour so that all residential appearances can be used on all residential types :)

Thank you for the feedback on this issue!
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    Not only can't we have a compete set of rustic for your farm we have to redo level 5 or level 6 of theme events to get some of them and we can't win some of them and the amount of gold for some of them are insane. 

FIX THE GAME ERRORS AND STOP MAKING STUPID UNFAIR CRAP!!! including special buildings for a few.

The good of many should be the rule, Not the good of one!!!
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 14.06.2016
    CM Latten said:
    I have news regarding the residential appearance issues, with the next update we will change their behaviour so that all residential appearances can be used on all residential types :)

That's awesome news!!!! Thanks a lot @CM Latten Hmmm does that include the houses on gourmet and flower farm too.....?
  • In International 1 there is 48,800 members,
    Only 5 can get 1 chicken coop appearance in wheel of fortune.
    Please get real .
    What about the rest of us,
    When will we get a chance of it.
    Is it even worth it to try?

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    In International 1 there is 48,800 members,
    Please get real .

There are 59,489 farms on the US server.

• In International 1 there is 48,800 members,
    Please get real .

@Adri1234 (INT1)  The Irish Chicken Coop is a themed building, not one of the new appearances & it has always been the top prize on the WoF.
    There are new appearances for houses now available as prizes on the jackpot wheel & there was a tropical chicken appearance as a reward on levels 5 & 6 for last weeks event. You will probably find more different chicken looks appearing in different places as time goes by.
  • What is the purpose of a chicken coop Rusty appearance if you collect Irish chicken coops?
    You can't put one on top of the other. Rusty look only work on normal coops.
    I don'l like to mix my farm up with different looks. The rusty and the Hawaii look don't mix well for me.
    It have to be either one or the other.
    If you have 6 chicken coops mean you have to be in the first 5 of 6 different wheel of fortunes.
    To be at least fair to everyone and not just Gold players who buy 250 Discs for 80,000 gold,They can at least give it to the first 50  and not just the first 5.

If you have blue houses and you can't choose your Gift  of tree-house appearance, meant you can't use the one if you have the other house. If you get one at all as mentioned in top conversations.
    So how many tokens do you need to purchase for Gold to be able to replace your houses with Tree-houses?
    I'm not against spending Gold, Just be fair to everyone.

As this is a discussion on Add on Appearances, those are all valid points which should be considered by GG team.
  • @chanemoriko (INT1) You can use the"appearances" for the chicken coop on the Irish chicken coop & both the treehouses work on all types of houses according to the post by Latten. :)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    LOL  i am sure the kids are lovin those spacey pig pen being offered with this weeks themed event  have skipped these events entirely
  • I'm no kid, believe me, and I can't wait to finish this event so I can crash a UFO on my pigpen. :)
  • Brilliant idea to separate the cosmetics, which are a matter of personal preference from the level. Online worlds are all about designing your own environment. This will appeal to players like me who won't upgrade if they don't like how the new building would look.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    @Daytona (GB1)   Exactly.  Very little of my stuff is going to the top level.  I hate the flags.  Now I can put a new appearance on them and the flags will be history!
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @Daytona (GB1)   Exactly.  Very little of my stuff is going to the top level.  I hate the flags.  Now I can put a new appearance on them and the flags will be history!
    That's actually a good point. Unless somebody dislikes the skins or dislikes the way we get them. As for upgrade we only need dollars (and architect), for skins I might need gold or "luck" etc. If you want everything themed, that's not such an easy and cheap task. And having some themed, some not, doesn't seem to be a good option as imo skins we have available right now don't fit visually very well with standard design, so you are sort of "forced" to either do all, or leave it completely. I myself have not upgaded anything to the flags level primarily for this aeshetics reason - just dislike the flags - look horrible. I'd much rather have designers do a propper job on standard design of top level of buildngs so that they are at least as nice looking as previous levels instead of having to fx it by skins. We are in effect asked to pay extra dollars, gold, whatever ...........(real money) to fix original silly design. I wouldn't mind the complicated and costly way of gettng the whole set of themed skins if it was truly optional thing. But as a fix for previous lousy design job it is mostly unacceptable for me. :) Makes me really wonder why on earth did they do the last upgrade so uggly in the first place, or why haven't they fix it yet after so many complaints as we all very well know they are more than capable of dong the job and they prove by all these new skins that it wouldn't be a problem to fix it at all. Any qualified suggestions, hm? :)
Sign In to comment.