Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hard Worker Event - "No Pain, No Gain" [Regular Version]

Comments

• Getting maintenance when going from production level 8 to 9 is NOT something I appreciate...
  • Looks like they knocked 8 hours off the total time for this event (23 hours 49 mins left now) so its down from 71 hours to 63 hours.

I'll still reach 1.2m, but some warning in advance would be nice, particularly since this is one of the few (only) events that doesn't show the actual hours remaining until it goes under 24 hours
  • Hi,

I just finished top5 in the hard worker event (980k+ points) and did NOT get gold license.
    Is this an error or is this the way it works?
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    @mrav(INT1) -  try refreshing the game or clearing cache, it might show up then :)
  • @mrav(INT1) -  try refreshing the game or clearing cache, it might show up then :)

done that, no gold license
  • Fuzzy1 (AU1)Fuzzy1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 17
    Hey mrav...its the way it works for top 5 unless you reach the 1.2 mil points.
  • Hey mrav...its the way it works for top 5 unless you reach the 1.2 mil points.
    Thanks
  • Yup my low level "division" top 5 couldnt reach the amount of points to get a gold mining license. I knew this would happen so I aimed for a 6-50 position.  Now I gots dem goldz!
  • Only if you end 6-50 place ,you get gold mining licence.1 place get deco 2x2 kite ,2-5 get deco too. And if you reach 1 200 000 then you get 2 mining licence as hard work reward.
  • Hi,

I just finished top5 in the hard worker event (980k+ points) and did NOT get gold license.
    Is this an error or is this the way it works?
    This is the way it works.  Player ranked #1 got the kite deco.  Players 2-5 got the boxes deco; players who finished 6-50 got the mining license.
  • Thanks to everyone who answered my question.
  • Just spent days working hard to process stuff with George. WHy did I bother. All I have to show for it is a lousy kite that doesn't even cheer up my workers. Should have not bothered and I would have earned far more as a final reward. Don't think much of this event. Won't be doing it again!

• Is this event 72 hours in length?
    It started around 10PM yesterday and it already says 1 day left?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    GGS follow your own rules

I see no point in playing this game if YOU will NOT let me play it.
  • It doesn't say 1 day left. It says ~1 day left.
    Which I think could even mean 47h59m left.

• @Sergio_Canales (NL1)

I think you are correct, ~1 day left will start when 47h59m are left.
    BUT
    that can only happen 24h from event start, if event is to be 72 hours in length.
    My point is that "~1 day left" came way ahead of time.

When GGS is breaking the rules of the game I see that as a sign of disrespect.
    They do not respect the game, but also, and much more importantly, they do not respect the players (you, me, anybody).
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I don't quite understand what you mean @mrav (INT1)  .... was it set in stone how long "George's Silo" event must be? Sometimes it is 4 days, sometimes it is shorter, I think I can even remember a time when it was longer.... What specific rule are you talking about?
    If it is mentioned somewhere how long this event must take every time, could you please post the link? THX!  :)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    FWIW, this one switched over to "24 hours left" at 8AM EDT (5AM PDT) Friday Morning, so it looks like there was a total of 64 hours for this Silo Event (at least on the Americas server).
  • FWIW, this one switched over to "24 hours left" at 8AM EDT (5AM PDT) Friday Morning, so it looks like there was a total of 64 hours for this Silo Event (at least on the Americas server).
    On the international servers as well, it is 8 hours shorter than the previous time it ran on 24 April 2016
    Why is this event so inconsistent, at the bare minimum let everyone no how long it will be when the event starts, or is this inconsistency simply a tactic aimed at bullying players into spending gold. 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    FWIW, this one switched over to "24 hours left" at 8AM EDT (5AM PDT) Friday Morning, so it looks like there was a total of 64 hours for this Silo Event (at least on the Americas server).
    On the international servers as well, it is 8 hours shorter than the previous time it ran on 24 April 2016
    Why is this event so inconsistent, at the bare minimum let everyone no how long it will be when the event starts, or is this inconsistency simply a tactic aimed at bullying players into spending gold. 
    There does need to be some consistency, in my opinion.  When you're dealing with an event where the "average points per second" is the determining factor, the loss of an even one hour at 5 PPS is 18,000 points. 8 hours is 144,000 points; that could easily make or break a player on cracking the 1.2 Million mark. 

Being able to at least see the total number of hours (before the last day, when it gets to <24 hours) would go a long way in helping us being able to calculate an average PPS that we need to maintain to hit our goals.
    If it is mentioned somewhere how long this event must take every time, could you please post the link? THX!  :)

Thank you for asking me about game rules.

Can you (or anybody else) point me to a forum thread where I can find:
    - full and complete game rules
    - full and complete forum rules
    - privacy policy and terms & conditions (here, on this forum, not on game's homepage)

I did try to find this things but failed. Now I do not know what to think.

Most import question for me now is this: what is GGS?

Options I can think of:
    - company (maybe)
    - band of pirates (proof needed)
    - unknown entity having fun at our expense (can anybody prove this?)
    - something else, out of reach of my imagination (???)

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    https://www.goodgamestudios.com/terms_en/#terms            GGS stands for Good Game Studios The people behind the game Terms and conditions in link above
  • I finished the event but I cant find my rewards in my inventory. What should I do?
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I finished the event but I cant find my rewards in my inventory. What should I do?

You receive the prizes as you achieve each point break, not at the end of the event.  Decos will be found in your Inventory under the Drop Box tab.  The other items just go into your inventory.  You may have used some of the items won earlier in the event on later stages.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Not sure how "full and complete" they are but this is the community guidelines post:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/122609/community-guidelines-2016
  • mrav (INT1)mrav (INT1) Posts: 10
    edited 01.06.2016

Not sure how "full and complete" they are but this is the community guidelines post:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/122609/community-guidelines-2016

http://board.en.ogame.gameforge.com/board1-news/board81-rules/224764-board-rules/
    Take a look here and you will see an example of forum rules, NOT GUIDELINES.

OGame is a game I played some years ago and forum at that game is well organized.
    On this forum I cannot tell a post made by moderator from a post made by player.

http://board.en.ogame.gameforge.com/board1-news/board2-game/282236-who-is-who-in-the-game-team/
    http://board.en.ogame.gameforge.com/board1-news/board583-team/
    http://board.en.ogame.gameforge.com/board706-game/board1103-universe-eridanus/board1112-archive-eridanus/756273-moderator-team-structure-and-assigned-areas/
    This is how you introduce your team to players.

http://board.en.ogame.gameforge.com/board1-news/board81-rules/742317-new-game-rules-valid-from-17-9-2012/
    This is how you present game rules.

When I compare this forum to that from OGame, this is like the first prototype, definitely not a finished product.
    This also tells me just how "user friendly" GGS want to be.

Post edited by mrav (INT1) on
  • Have you noticed, in Hard Worker, that we now get fewer useful prizes for the same effort?

That's because they substituted prizes we could use for ones we can't - catalysts, that require very very expensive upgrades to your farm lab to be useful.

Once again, that basic lack of respect for the customer shows through, The rip-offs continue

Can't someone at GGS get an effing clue?
  • Yes, as a matter of fact, I did notice.  :(  I'm never going to use those catalyzer things.  They'll just pile up in my inventory.  At least they didn't remove the 7K horseshoe reward.  That's the one I work for!
  • I'd rather get regular humus than those stupid, useless catalyzers!  I can't afford to get my lab high enough to need them, and getting those potions for all my hard work is the same as getting NOTHING.  This is NOT fun, ggs.  Take those things back and give us real rewards:  special seeds, fertilizer, event seeds, even feed would be better than catalyzers.
  • Has anyone noticed that they are skipping over production products and going to the next one if you are not on the game when the timer finishes?  It used to be that when one was finished there was no time limit to go on to the next one.  
  • Has anyone noticed that they are skipping over production products and going to the next one if you are not on the game when the timer finishes?  It used to be that when one was finished there was no time limit to go on to the next one.  
    I thought that the last time the silo event was in town, but I haven't seen it happen this time.
Sign In to comment.