Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 6th - New Appearances - Discussion

Comments

• Susie999 (IN1)Susie999 (IN1) Posts: 348
    edited 08.06.2016
    Yeah, 
    The message "Thanks a million" is sent again and again, each time i delete it.
    there are like 50 of that message in my inbox now. this is what causing that.

i am also getting that problem, and also that message 10 ways of improving your farm
  • I thought the meaning of rustic is about the roof, like the barn and the doghouse. However, the rustic cowshed and pigsty look like ones without roof, looking even more primitive than level 1. I am disappointed.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    For the record, the appearance only changes the way your building looks, and has no affect whatsoever on the buildings stats. The appearance will stay with the building after any upgrades, and will not take any upgrades away.

-Popeye
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    GGS cows do move you know or is it too much work to put some movement into lonely cow. Know can be done, with tiny piglet jumping around.   imageimageimage
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 08.06.2016
    Agreed, cows jump happy when they finally get to go outside again, happy freedom! Grass, so much space and grass! (And never ALONE *hint* *hint*)

CM Latten said:
    We'll see if there's something we can do about the lonely cow :) I passed the question on to the artists. 

Cheers Latten! ;) While you are at it, could you please make an additional note for graphic changes for apples (and cherries) appearances as well? Because currently they look so similar to the normal one it's hard to spot which orchard got changed :disappointed: 
    Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • @Lesley52 (GB1)  My lonely cow is eating.... :)

• Is the Back to our Roots set available forever or only so long?

edited 08.06.2016
    @Lesley52 (GB1)  My lonely cow is eating.... :)

Lol mine   is to but I mean walking + sitting (so we know its going to rain)
    Post edited by Lesley52 (GB1) on
  • @Lesley52 (GB1)  Howz about dancin' ?

• From What I read, I thought it said you could only have one say barn appearance change for each of your farm.  So since we are allotted 2 barns, we can only have 1 appearance changed barn on Main farm. Or did I not read that right at the end of "fine print" of the "whats new section.
  • pallie (GB1)pallie (GB1) Posts: 3
    edited 08.06.2016
    once again BFG has started new items to obtain but you will need to be a gold millionaire or getting bank bonuses for they forget not all players can buy gold has they do not have means to do so and BFG will start to lose players because of their decision of not being fair to all players by allowing items that only at the moment being brought for gold being allowed to be brought both with farm callers has will as gold!!!!

farm dollars not(callers)

Posts Merged | Cuddly

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    PKGame from what I read in another post by Monica she bought three barn accidently and lost 1.2 million in the process
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 08.06.2016
    I have been able to see some of the new appearance on other's farms, and I must say they look very nice. They make some of the buildings more realistic looking and they also make the farm look less crowded.

I do have one concern, if anyone has gotten the chance to upgrade a building after they added a new appearance, dose the appearance upgrade with the building? or do you have to buy it again?

I can not test this myself because all of my buildings on my MF need Steve to upgrade. So if anyone has tried an upgrade after a new 
    appearance, please, do tell :)

question answered!
    I just got a note in game from DuffyKid who was kind enough to answer my question.
    The buildings can be upgraded with the new appearance on them and they remain unharmed. Sadly Lesley52 (GB1), the appearance also remains the same, no change :(
    Post edited by CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) on
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  I to am waiting for Steve but maybe we will get warning to take whatever look off before upgrading . I hope as GGS develop this idea you can visually tell a level 6 from a level 8 building (Yes it is showing off lol ) 
    From my understanding what you see is what you get all levels look the same with the New Rustic appearance which for me is sad and depressing I cant imagine anyone paying anything for most of it and ironically the only thing that I have seen as improvement the apple orchard someone thought they werent enough oh well to each their own.
    Does anyone have a screenshot of what the new appearance of normal houses look like? I only got viking and candy houses on my main farm so i cant see.. also the normal houses on gourmet and flower have the appearance option greyed out.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Does anyone have a screenshot of what the new appearance of normal houses look like? I only got viking and candy houses on my main farm so i cant see.. also the normal houses on gourmet and flower have the appearance option greyed out.
    We can win the new house skins from the wheel (if we're lucky). ;)

edited 09.06.2016
    Oooooh! Thank you @jess_d (US1) !   

Edit: question though, in the description it says for the house on main farm - why only on the main farm? Can we not use this appearance (if we are lucky enough to win it :D ) on gourmet and flower farm houses? Has anyone tried yet? It looks so looovely, me wants it!! *ogling greedily*
    Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Back again with another question for @CM Latten this time. I will not be able to get all of the Back to our roots set that I would like because I need my money for other upgrades right now.

My question is will the rustic appearances still be obtainable in the shop when the Hawaii set comes out? I don't want half of one and half of another.
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    Why buy any of them since we can't never have a complete rustic farm.
    We have to be top of co op challenge, platinum or diamond in horse challenge, 1-5 rank or jackpot spin on Wheel of Fortune, rank 1-2 on No pain No Gain and really insane gold on many.

So for me another unless update to the game.
    Don't get me started on the No pain No Gain reward changes...catalyzers totally useless
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 09.06.2016
    Oooooh! Thank you @jess_d (US1) !   

Edit: question though, in the description it says for the house on main farm - why only on the main farm? Can we not use this appearance (if we are lucky enough to win it :D ) on gourmet and flower farm houses? Has anyone tried yet? It looks so looovely, me wants it!! *ogling greedily*
    @Michiru (GB1)  Not sure if this is the answer or not, but in the announcement it says "The new "Back to our roots" set will include rustic and cozy appearances for all buildings of the main farm."  So I guess we will have different themes for different farms.

EDIT: Someone informed me that the doghouse on GF & FF does not have the Rustic theme available, so I thought that confimed this theory, but I just checked my water towers on GF & FF & they do both have rustic option available, so I have no idea what the system is.

PS Why does the smiley menu keep popping up when I type??? - This is a REALLY annoying new bug!

Post edited by RunsWivScissors (GB1) on
  • I changed my dog and I'm changing my apples.  They are the only ones I really like, anyway.  And, as you say, one cannot convert their whole MF without a lot of gold use.
    I am thinking about they said you asked we listened well they sure are speedy and for me speed does not equal a good outcome  I did the apples to get rid of those awful flags but that is all and people did not live in tree houses like I said I am thinking kids are in the developers room. With all the gold spent on this game I really feel we deserve a thoughtful process not what we have been getting.
    edited 10.06.2016
    It would be fantastic if we got several different themes for the same building, but then wouldn't it be even nicer if we could choose ourselves which theme we want to put on which farm? 

I really hope that within the next few updates somewhere they will unlock each appearance for a certain building in such a way that if that same building is on another farm the appearance works there too. Just like in the previous main announcement: "We are aware that you love to individualize your farms and make them your own, and we love that you do!" Yes, yes, please do, all the way  ;)

@RunsWivScissors (GB1) smiley menu keeps popping up? I havent seen that yet, will keep an eye out for it, cheers!
  • I would like to post my bitter experience from the Wheel of fortune last night. I finished in the top 5 - got the Irish chicken and the rustic view for the chicken coop, but from around 35 bonus rounds i didn't get a single rustic house. I know it is all based on luck, but still from 35 times could have won one.
    Anyway next time i'll keep my fingers crossed during the whole duration of the Wheel :wink:
  • @Michiru (GB1)  I can understand why it wouldn`t be possible to choose which farm to use an entire theme on, as that would involve the artists making every building in every theme, but I agree that buildings which appear on every farm should be available in every theme, afterall as they have done it with water towers, I can`t see why they couldn`t with doghouses, nurserys, houses, silos & composters.... I can`t check workshops, but I guess they are already available, like the towers.

(Still trying to work out whats going on the with the smileys, it happens when I edit a post, as soon as I click in the box I get the smiley dropdown menu, which just stays there while I type & the typing even disappears behind it... Most weird lol)

@Winnie the Pooh (BG1) I know the feeling, I didn`t get one either & then after I ran out of tokens, I started thinking  how annoying it would be to win one, but not the one I wanted & how long it would take to win more than 1. I think I will wait until they offer them some other way lol

• edited 10.06.2016
    @RunsWivScissors (GB1) I will also wait for something better next time.
    Also i don't see the "48 hours Double experience points" reward from the Wheel. But i don't remember if there was such reward last night. Or probably it was only for those placed 6-500.
  • @Damaria3 (US1)  You may not like it this new "appearance" or "skin" but others do.  I believe there will be other skins in the future, maybe you'll like one of those.  I don't mind this rustic look, except my playing style will not allow me to convert my whole farm so there's no point, for me, doing the parts I can do and leaving the rest.  That would be a hodge-podge and worse than what it is now.  Like I said, I like the dog and the apple orchards so I'm doing those. 
  • @Winnie the Pooh (BG1) I have it, I think I was ranked 34.
  • @RunsWivScissors (GB1)
    A member from my coop also has the bonus - she finished around the 30th place.
    Never mind - just wanted to receive some other experience :wink:
Sign In to comment.