Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 6th - New Appearances - Discussion

Comments

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 07.06.2016
    I have a green x2 icon saying I have 2 unread ingame mails, but I don`t have any unread messages & I can`t get rid of the icon (even after relogging).

EDIT: Found them.... 2 mails from BigFarm have been snuck into old messages, both timed at 11pm one on may 30th & one on june 5th lol
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Question -- if we upgrade a building or field, does the new appearance stay with it?
  • As I expected.  Without a lot of gold spending, you'll never have your whole farm in one theme. :(  Disappointing again, GGS.  
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Question -- if we upgrade a building or field, does the new appearance stay with it?
    No, you can change it back in the upgrade window.
    No, I meant, if I upgrade the doghouse, for example, will the new upgrade have the new appearance as well.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    No, I meant, if I upgrade the doghouse, for example, will the new upgrade have the new appearance as well.
    Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, I think it will stay if you upgrade, since the appearance stays in your inventory if not in use.
    Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, I think it will stay if you upgrade, since the appearance stays in your inventory if not in use.
    Thanks.  Not that it matters as the doghouse needs gold to update.  Still, in case I win the lottery ... :)

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 07.06.2016
    EDIT: Found them.... 2 mails from BigFarm have been snuck into old messages, both timed at 11pm one on may 30th & one on june 5th lol
    I got them too, one at the top with the other recent msg's and the second burried somewhere down.. timed 0:00pm for some reason.

Very much like the new rustic appearances, already got one for piggies and cows, also for one apple orchard but that one is not really different enough so i dont think i'll keep it or buy more rustic apples.

About the cow one: I quite like that she has loads more space, but she looks terribly lonely, any chance the GGS graphic artists could add some friends for her?

Also poor miss Piggy, only 1babypig? Really like the open look but if it's possible can we get another pig "appearance" where miss piggy has the usual 9-11 babypigs? Or is GGS adding new recipes that involve bacon......?  >:)   :o
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I strongly suspect these weren't the ideas suggestions by participants in the survey.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705

- Once you own all expansions for a farm, access to the next farm is unlocked.

What does this mean?

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 07.06.2016

- Once you own all expansions for a farm, access to the next farm is unlocked.

What does this mean?

I think it's for those who don't have all three basic farms yet. For example if you have only main farm, and bought all expansions, then you can already buy the gourmet, irrelevant of your level. Same for flower farm once you bought all gourmet land.
     you too up at 3:30am aussie time.  o:)  ahem. *cough*. Shhhhh.
  • GGS should keep the old themed buildings with the bonuses. Especially the themed houses that give one extra worker.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638

I like this update. Ofcourse i'd like to have all rustic buildings, but i don't ever have enough gold.

• The ones available on my farm are fairly expensive.  Some for gold (favourites deal) and some for farm cash.
    When did you get yours? I do not have the new appearance system yet that I can find.
  • The ones available on my farm are fairly expensive.  Some for gold (favourites deal) and some for farm cash.
    When did you get yours? I do not have the new appearance system yet that I can find. Oh my! Big Letters 7/06... Is that when it is to "appear"?
  • I used to consider myself somewhat intelligent; that is, until I started playing this game. I just realized that the big numbers 07.06 actually means June 07, 2016 (and not July 06, 2016). So, when does this change take place in the US, and will it be found under the hard hat tab (build).

• The update was made earlier today.  I've forgotten the time. :/   If you want to change a pigsty to rustic from whatever normal is, click the pigsty and the update icon on the menu ring.  At the top of the page that opens are two tabs, an up arrow and a paint can.  The paint can is the one that changes the appearance of your pigsty.  Pigs cost 400,000 farm dollars each.  
  • Be very careful the appearance buy is not limited to 1 per item.  My mouse doubled clicked when I went to do my second barn and now I have 3 of the new barn skins and only 2 barns to use them on.  Thankfully it was not a gold buy item but I would still like that 1,200,000 farm dollars back! 

GG you need to look at this it shouldn't let you buy more than what you have of the building on your farm especially on the buildings that have a limit of 1 or 2
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 07.06.2016
    The news picture shows a floating sheep and a paint brush. 
    >:)  different colour inflatable sheep are a coming  >:)   Well I have done rustic farm,dollars only  but don't want GGS to bring out 50 different looks for farms.That won't keep me interested , earning money so farm can look different each week. 
    Post edited by Lesley52 (GB1) on
  • Be very careful the appearance buy is not limited to 1 per item.  My mouse doubled clicked when I went to do my second barn and now I have 3 of the new barn skins and only 2 barns to use them on.  Thankfully it was not a gold buy item but I would still like that 1,200,000 farm dollars back! 

GG you need to look at this it shouldn't let you buy more than what you have of the building on your farm especially on the buildings that have a limit of 1 or 2
    thanks for the heads up monica!  i've accidentally purchased a couple things on big farm, its not a good feeling!!
  • contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    Sure glad I'm hard core left-brained and could NOT care less about my farms appearance.. :)
  • it would be cool if they "unlocked" in the decoration collection after you buy them.

I like to zoom in and look at them.

ok...I am now officially a Big Farm nerd

• Ladyoz (US1)Ladyoz (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    edited 08.06.2016
    So if you put one of these new appearance thingies on a building, then you upgrade the building, do you lose the appearance and have to buy another one for the upgrade? Or does the appearance get upgraded too? Or does the appearance not change as you upgrade a building?
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Appearance does not change.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
      Last time I looked I was living in 2016 this is not 1910 why would I put my poor piggies in that mess no roof over their head and dont get me started on that dilapidated dog house, looks like a six year old built.  Really do care about the looks so you offer as your "creative thought process"  an inferior product and think people will buy it. I really think you guys who think this crap up like the flags are having a good laugh at our expense. I am not amused in the least, The one positive I see is the apple tree orchard   as I could get rid of those damn flags but cant see me doing more than that.
  • It's not a mistake. It is written in the official announcement :smile: 
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    We'll see if there's something we can do about the lonely cow :) I passed the question on to the artists. Glad you all seem to like the appearances, I'm super happy they finally made it in personally :D

• Joybells (US1)Joybells (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    Again, the price tags are pretty high.  I am working on some of Matilda's things, and of course, there is always Lester's secret stash.  It is getting to the point where people just entering the game feel a bit overwhelmed by the price tag on these items.  I realize that people will pick and choose what they want to do, but if the prices are high, many will pick a different game to play.
  • @CM Latten  I have a question - Will the rewards from the Wheel of fortune be permanent? Specifically the houses, chicken coop? I mean each time the Wheel appears we can win them?
  • So if you put one of these new appearance thingies on a building, then you upgrade the building, do you lose the appearance and have to buy another one for the upgrade? Or does the appearance get upgraded too? Or does the appearance not change as you upgrade a building?
    It appears to me that the new rustic appearance stays the same no matter what level the building.  You *should* only have to buy it once per building.  The best thing about it so far is it will hide those nasty, nasty flags at the top level!  I may actually upgrade more things now. :)
Sign In to comment.