Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Why so many PROBLEMS

I have played on other game sites and used you-tube, e bay etc yet none of them seem to have the amount of problems that GGS does. Maybe it is all the data that has to be loaded to play big farm ? I wanted to add a comment about a current issue, its not new, its been around for possibly 3 years but still not fixed. Yet when I visited the correct post, it told me to log in, i logged in again, got back to the page, told to log in.. The only way I could add to "chat" was via this discussion.
The current problem.. and before the usual suspects jump in with the clear cache etc etc, the computer has just had all the scans/cleaning before logging onto Big Farm, I got the pop up for harvest ready at the mill and pigs i clicked to harvest and got the dreaded ERROR orange box for both, i clicked on the eggs and they harvested ! So i refreshed the page and there was no pop up for the mill, then the harvest ready popped up, i clicked and guess what ERROR, I refreshed the page and hovered the cursor over the mill, 37 seconds until harvest. upon this pop up it did harvest. Why after over 2 years are we still getting these ERRORS, i have asked a computer "mechanic" and they say nothing on my computer can effect the timing/pop ups issued by GGS. If it was possible we would all be making the free gold pop up every 2 minutes, although if that did happen GGS would fix it straight away. Come on GGS over 2 years and still not fixed.. refreshing/clearing cache etc is NOT fixing it, its just putting it off until the next time ....... :D

Comments

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Errors are errors.  They happen in every game I've ever played (lots and lots).  I sometimes get an error when I try to sell to a neighbour via the organic market.  I sometimes get them on other things.  It's not a big deal.  As I said, they happen in every game I've ever played.
  • The "it's ready" message is not sent from the server. When you log on or start a facility, the server tells the client (running on your computer) how long it will be before it will be ready. The client keeps track of the time and tells you it's ready after that time has elapsed.  If the timer that the client is using is running fast for some reason, it will say that it's ready before it actually is, and when you try to harvest it the server will send back an error because it's not really ready yet.

I don't know how the timer in the client is implemented, though, so I don't know why it might be running fast.

• Errors are errors.  They happen in every game I've ever played (lots and lots).  I sometimes get an error when I try to sell to a neighbour via the organic market.  I sometimes get them on other things.  It's not a big deal.  As I said, they happen in every game I've ever played.
    Your a saint Duffy, anybody would think that nobody complained about GGS
  • The "it's ready" message is not sent from the server. When you log on or start a facility, the server tells the client (running on your computer) how long it will be before it will be ready. The client keeps track of the time and tells you it's ready after that time has elapsed.  If the timer that the client is using is running fast for some reason, it will say that it's ready before it actually is, and when you try to harvest it the server will send back an error because it's not really ready yet.

I don't know how the timer in the client is implemented, though, so I don't know why it might be running fast.

Aha mouse, I am not into computers that much but would like to know more about this "client" , its a better reason than GGS have given, hmmmm they not given an excuse. Your theory does sound good and yes I could understand that, but what is the client ? some type of software ? is it windows ?  is it the browser, although it happens on all browsers. So who/which gives the pop ups message from Big Farm to say harvest ready, the server or this client ? Not taking the wee wee but would like to follow up on this., so the client keeps track of the time and tells the server, and the server says "harvest ready" but the time is wrong so when i try to harvest the server says error and resets the client timer ! 
  • The actual game runs on the server at GGS. By "client" I mean the part that runs on your computer.  It is a flash program, and it acts as the user interface.

The server tells the client how long it will be before the harvest is ready, after which the client keeps track using its own timer.  It is the client that tells the player that the crop is ready to harvest, but if the client's timer was running fast, it will tell the player too soon. If the player now tries to harvest, the server will reject that harvest attempt because the the crop really isn't ready to harvest yet.

I don't know how GGS implements the client's timer, or what could cause it to run fast.

• bornfree (US1)bornfree (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    5/23/2016

The "notice board" in the horse competition froze up after two slots in the Gold League; anyone else having or hard this problem. Been playing for two days now and the bar still has not moved.  
  • 5/23/2016

The "notice board" in the horse competition froze up after two slots in the Gold League; anyone else having or hard this problem. Been playing for two days now and the bar still has not moved.  
    @bornfree (US1)  Are your points changing? The bar is not very accurate, it is better to look at the number of points you have (top right of same window). Its possible that you are winning & losing the same number of points & thats why you are not moving very fast.
    You can see on the noticeboard how many losses you have in challenges made against you & you lose 2 points for each of them in the gold league. Then count how many wins you get in challenges that you make against others & add 4 points for each of them, then you should be able to see if your points total is changing correctly.
  • bornfree (US1)bornfree (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    I do not know about the points will check that out. I was speaking of the rewards you get as the meter goes up each time you participate in the competition. I did not know that depended on wins and loses I thought that moved each time you entered your horse against another horse. I have noticed this time my horse is not winning as many times because he is at 30-may be I need to train him more. Thank you for your reply and I will check that out.  
  • @bornfree (US1)  Yes that bar is ruled by your points, you can see the number of points needed to reach each level & get the next reward , but to see the exact number of points you have, you can look over on the right next to the big number showing your current level.

In all leagues you get 4 points each time you challenge another player & win.
    You can only lose points when someone else challenges you & you lose - The number of points you lose depends on the league you are in. Bronze=0, silver=1, gold=2, platinum & diamond=4
  • I checked out another farming game, boring compared to this... and I had to check if they were as gold selling greedy as GGS and the cost of gold was, although i did not get gold sales or usage pop ups every few minutes. The pop ups are what really spoil it for me, yes you can try to ignore them, but when you have to refresh the page ( on GGS's advise) the pop ups are back. If GGS ran them just every few hours instead of every 30 minutes it would be ok, At least the amount of times they run them does without a doubt prove they only have one thing on their mind   and it ain't honey  :)   :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file