Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - May 19th- The Big Farm Player Survey

Comments

• So where is it?  Thought it started on the 19th.  Well today is the day!
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    So the survey will start to be available on Monday for some servers, with the rest following on Tuesday =)

-Popeye
  • Thanks for  this info-- I can pass info along to Co-Op as we all thought we were missing it!!!
  • When you say it will be near the main menu, are you referring to in game or in forum?
  • Sabee6 (US1)Sabee6 (US1) US1 Posts: 45
     I like the game , But everything is So Very High. & the last missions you can never them done. but to up grade the new things , it is to much. & why is everyone leaving ? Thank you Sabee6
  • Paradice (US1)Paradice (US1) US1 Posts: 39
    HI I would like to be able to use my decorations on any farm i would like, as it stands now once you have used them on a farm they cannot be used on another....there needs to be a box that maybe says used decorations? I am always updated my decorations to a higher one and some of the ones that is stored i could use on another farm also i might decide they would go better theme wise somewhere else. Well that is my suggestion.
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    CM Latten said:
     Also, the survey most probably will not start immediately, but (depending on servers etc) within the next few days, so that our servers will not instantly and immediately burn down :D
    Just as long as the servers don't burn down over the weekend when there's nobody around to put out the flames.  ;)
  • I would like 2 know  why the game stop card is not listed it a example
  • I has played this game from december 2012, and I have allways been a little irritated by the way BF has had several playmodes run in the same time, could't you have max. 1 at the time.

for the moment following plays are activated at the same time: Coopoerative championship, the animal carneval and The Hawaiian games, sometimes you evan has the Island farm too.

in stead of the Island farm, would't it be better with a 4th farm, where you could produce what you need to the ranch, or produce other thing maked by product produced at flowerfarm, the restaurant and the headfarm, things you can sell to a higher price both Dollars and gold (5-25).

The thing that Coot be able to used to product wil for examble by: Milk ( cheese), pork (hamb), Eggs (scramble eggs, pancakes) and what about the animals chicken ( frite chicken), Cows (steaks), Beevax to sirup, just to name a few .

• Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    I agree with GoodFarmer, if GGS get lots of feedback that says what is wrong with the game & what would improve it, from people that obviously care about their farms & want to see the game continue to grow & get better, then they have an incentive to continue to develop the game. If we all just slammed the game & the company & threw insults at their efforts to make changes, then they might be more inclined to just give up on it - There is a big difference between contructive criticism & just being plain rude.
    The only point is that they have made no changes that took actual constructive criticism into account.  At this point, it's far more likely (and already happening) that players are just inclined to give up on the game than hope to see any meaningful change.
  • who wants to be my besty 

edited 19.05.2016
    I agree with GoodFarmer, if GGS get lots of feedback that says what is wrong with the game & what would improve it, from people that obviously care about their farms & want to see the game continue to grow & get better, then they have an incentive to continue to develop the game. If we all just slammed the game & the company & threw insults at their efforts to make changes, then they might be more inclined to just give up on it - There is a big difference between contructive criticism & just being plain rude.
    The only point is that they have made no changes that took actual constructive criticism into account.  At this point, it's far more likely (and already happening) that players are just inclined to give up on the game than hope to see any meaningful change.

Edit: I am unable to remove the quote box from my comment, sorry about that.  The quote is above, and my comment follows.

I can think of a number of instances when GGS has indeed listened to player feedback and made changes to the game based on that feedback.  And I agree completely with Scissors & GoodFarmer - anyone, GGS or not, is far more apt to listen to feedback when it is constructive than when it is just insults and negativity.  I am looking forward to doing the player survey, and I will do my best to provide useful feedback.
  • I like this game but my co-op still only has me in it and would like to grow.  Need some help.  I can't find this survey either.
  • RookieLana8 (US1)RookieLana8 (US1) US1 Posts: 191
    Thank you  :)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 20.05.2016
    @amandaps (INT1)  Just briefly. I strongly disagree with your comments and consider them incorrect. It's no more then your opinion. If meaured by the very same standards which you used to criticise me your post is very offensive. Your feelings can never be a measure for another persons intentions. Ideas I spell out concisely in criticised comment might be considered rude if they were completely made up and I didn't have strong support for them, which I do, but obviously cannot give all the details in my every post. (PM me if you want to debate that.) And yes, I am a great guy and I am entiled to my opinion. :) After all there must be something good about me even for you if you take time to follow my comments. As I certainly don't pay much attention to posters who in my opinion have nothing interesting to say. :)

CM Latten said:
    However, rude and aggressive arguing, insulting, provoking, railing up others and straight-up trolling is not, and while it pains me to say that, that's exactly what happened in a lot of your posts over the last weeks and months. I am honestly sorry that I have to say it this plainly, but if you really don't see this, there's nothing I can do to help you to understand my reasoning.
    Correct. I do not see my posts (and especially the one above) the way you describe them. That's not what I am doing. Expressing low level of trust towards game makers is a legit part of feedback which should be taken seriously by any company, especially when based on long term exposure and when similar sentiment is expressed by greater number of service users. Having said this little, I'll heed your advice and take further comments to PM when I have time for it. Thanks for not banning me yet. :):)
    EDIT:
    I can think of a number of instances when GGS has indeed listened to player feedback and made changes to the game based on that feedback.  And I agree completely with Scissors & GoodFarmer - anyone, GGS or not, is far more apt to listen to feedback when it is constructive than when it is just insults and negativity.  I am looking forward to doing the player survey, and I will do my best to provide useful feedback.
    I'd like you to specify that number of instances. But please only include cases where they really listened. not where they said they did, but the actual result of the update made majority of players mad. Start a new thread for it if you think it's off topic here.
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on

I'd like you to specify that number of instances. But please only include cases where they really listened. not where they said they did, but the actual result of the update made majority of players mad. Start a new thread for it if you think it's off topic here.
    I think not.  If you are really interested in that information, you are just as capable of reading the forum as I am.  Feel free to read requests by players and to see if any were followed up on.  As you are the one interested in this information, you can put in the time to find it.  I will not do that for you.

But I can't help pointing out something that was recently on my game screen that you apparently did not have or are choosing to disregard.  I refer, of course, to the "favourite offers" in which we were given the opportunity to use farm dollars to purchase gold and collectibles that can normally only be bought with gold.  I do remember players asking for this option.  Again, you can go looking for it if you don't believe me.  I will not do so. 

Your post says "the actual result of the update made majority of players mad" - and that is a separate issue from whether or not GGS responded to feedback.  I think it is obvious that the "majority of players" is a very elusive concept - how could any player possibly say "majority of players" unless they had the resources and time to conduct a proper scientific poll?  It may be that "majority of players" who post in the forum feel a certain way, but only a small proportion of players actually post in the forum.  And I strongly suspect that the people who are unhappy with something about the game are far more likely to post here than the ones who are not unhappy.  It is not really possible for any one player to say "majority of players" feel a certain way.  If "majority of players" were as unhappy with the game as you seem to believe, there would be very few people playing the game.  
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    I think not.  If you are really interested in that information, you are just as capable of reading the forum as I am.  Feel free to read requests by players and to see if any were followed up on.  As you are the one interested in this information, you can put in the time to find it.  I will not do that for you.
    I won't go into a big debate or study about that. There was a post saying in context that GGS do not take constructive criticism seriously which is seen as a big trus issue. You said you know about number of cases where they did, but failed to provide at least a few examples. That's just contradicting opinion with another opinion without any proof. I have read comments and disagree with your opinion, that's why I challenged you to prove it. No problem if you don't want to. Even if you did supply "a number" of good examples, it's still question of percentage and importance for the game. So I definitely would not include avatars for horse racing as this has absolutely zero value for gameplay quality. Meaning it's not very helpfull if GGS give us tiny bits while disregarding much more important requests which determine how much we enjoy the game.

Regarding the gold for dolars I might have missed that one as I really haven't spent much time in the game recently, and that would be probably the only good example I can think of right now.

To your last paragraph - if you send your son for a beer to your next door pub and he brings you a bottle of milk with a cheese spread from the city centre supermarket instead, you will not praise him for good listening to you, will you? I use the same common sense for evaluating if GGS listened to constructive feedback or not. Now those who post on forums are the ones giving that feedback, right? Obviously they are the ones entitled to say if they got what they asked for. Take those on forums as more or less representative sample, as I don't think you can prove otherwise, right?
  • Just in case I don't get to the survey:

1.  I want to sell my horse shoes.  I never use them.

2.  I want to buy building permits that will bring Steve, the architect, any time I want to build,  or have a permit to extend his time on the farm.

Molly
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    I was just thinking if it's possible for you to use PMs? 
    I'd like to read info about survey..... not your "discussion".... :wink: 
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Not really excited about any productive changes taking place after this survey. As others have stated before me GGS will most likely listen to feedback that suits them and ignore the big issues. The CC revamp is the biggest example of their ignorance. This new and improved CC was hyped up as the revamp that we all asked for but yet the reputation point hot deals remained and the CC wheel once again appeared on many occasions during the challenge.

I would estimate at least 70% of players voiced their disapproval of the "buy to win" mentality of GGS and this was completely ignored yet again. The stage rewards of the CC were improved slightly so kudos to them for doing that but yet again the setup allowed coops to cheat by simply buying their reputation points and stealing rankings from hard working coops that wanted to earn their placings. This is just one example of their ignorance.

The other big issue that has been a thorn in our sides for years now is accidental gold spending. Many threads about the need for Gold Lock features have been started here since I began playing this game. GGS says it will never happen and claim its a feature that would be too difficult to implement yet when it comes to events left unfinished our screens are riddled with "are u sure" u don't want to just buy the decoration. So accidental unwanted gold purchases is the aim here?

I will do the survey but I wont hold my breath for any decent changes to be made. I guess its a wait and see type of thing but there's no excitement here at all i'm afraid.  
  • I don't see the survey anywhere
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    I don't see the survey anywhere
    It has not gone live yet. It will be live on Tuesday for the US server. It will be located near the in game main menu on the bottom of the screen.

-Popeye
  • thank you
  • I do not see the survey anywhere near the main menu. Or for that matter anywhere on the screen. WHERE IS IT???
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    See Popeye's comment above.
  • Hello Stan/Popeye!  I know you have a tough job!!  :)   And this may be the wrong place to put a suggestion or observation in the game such as this but it seems that my contracts most often ask for what I do not have in abundance while I am selling products in order to harvest over and over.  Perhaps the game could be more in tune/balance with offering more contracts for what you have an abundance of, or have a barn full of products. 

Also, there does not seem to be a balance for the sell of many of the highest priced items,  items the flower farm.  The contracts and neighbors don't seem to buy much from the flower farm so there is an abundance that I often end up having to sell through the farm management because of the need of money for upgrades.  It would be nice to have more sales in various forms from the flower farm as well as from the products which are in abundance.

And, please feel free to move this post wherever it best fits. :)

Have a wonderful and blessed day!
    Thirtyplus
  • So Where is this survey, I cannot find it so it must be hidden. I have plaved since the "old Farmer game" I like the game ok, but do not play as often as i used to because it is so slow and, it seems to me that GG just wants you to spend real money to purchase gold, i refuse to do any longer because all their glitches and slow browser issues... but I have spent tons of money in the past.  GG you need to fix your slowness problems before asking any of us our opinions.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    So Where is this survey, I cannot find it so it must be hidden. 
    Stan said a few posts up that the US server will get the survey on Tuesday. :) 
  • Just in case I don't get to the survey:

1.  I want to sell my horse shoes.  I never use them.

2.  I want to buy building permits that will bring Steve, the architect, any time I want to build,  or have a permit to extend his time on the farm.

Molly

I like this idea!!
Sign In to comment.