Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Comments

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Interesting to see that even the top co-ops are tired of RP being for sale!  That WoF and shopping bag really need to go.
  • contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    The only top co-op I see that are true to their word so far is the Brat Pack..Many kudos to them..
  • My co-op (Fairy Dust) won the last CC in the rookie league (UK) - 5 days non stop missions + last two days non stop missions and added WoF to save our hard earned position from a co-op that went from nowhere to position 1 in a matter of a few hours on day 5 without barely playing any missions. This was a bitter win for us, not the one we aimed for, worked for. They messaged me saying it was well played. I could not agree less. It was horribly played. We were both promoted to bronze league. Same co-op who made the magic trick with nearly winning without playing missions yet again went from rank 13 to 1 in an afternoon. This time we just can't be bothered. We play for the sake of playing, if we get some hard work rewards great. There is no feeling of accomplishment, teamwork or pride if rank can be bought in a competition or in fact in any game. When cheating is the new norm, accepted and even worse - encouraged, the fun ends for most players, regardless if they are competitive or not. Short cuts might get some players where they want to be but they ruin the journey for the rest if not all. :/
    @Gardenfairy (GB1)  The thing is, if it is a built-in part of the game, like WoF and the blue shopping bag, then it is not cheating.  It is just another way to get RP.  

It may not be a nice way, or the best way, or the most respected way, but it is not cheating.  
  • Gardenfairy (GB1)Gardenfairy (GB1) Posts: 264
    edited 15.05.2016
    @DuffyPoo222 (INT1) 
    I know it's within the rules. I know it's even encouraged. Yet I can't think of a better word than cheating. Not cheating in the sense of ignoring the rules - cheating in the sense of disrespecting your fellow players, co-ops and taking all fun out of the CC for all. Belittling the value of the 1st price and any other rewards, the ranks and basically everything that can be bought for real money through gold. We all know CC is not about the co-operative and not a championship. I know there will be always short cuts. I know things can be rushed with gold, there is plenty of seaweed available for those who can afford, there are boosters etc. BUT those players still harvest. And for me that is the difference. They might take the easier way but they still put in at least some work to get where they are. But buying RP directly in any format goes against everything this championship should be about: hard work, co-operation, strategy, fair play just to name a few. The CC ranking should represent how good they are as a team not how rich their individual members are in real life. If you win or place well, you should be able to feel a sense of accomplishment and pride. And other co-ops would respect you knowing that you did your best as a leader to get the best out of your team. That would be a fair CC - one that co-ops and members would enjoy playing and participating in.

I'm a fairly competitive player. But I see no sense playing in a game whole heartedly where not the best wins but the richest. 
    Post edited by Gardenfairy (GB1) on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @Gardenfairy (GB1)  said
     Short cuts might get some players where they want to be but they ruin the journey for the rest if not all. 

This is the point GGS. You are gutting the fun out of the game for the majority of your players. Soon these gold-buyers you are creating and promoting will have no-one to play against 'cos we will all have gone somewhere else.
    @DuffyPoo222 (INT1) 
    I know it's within the rules. I know it's even encouraged. Yet I can't think of a better word than cheating. Not cheating in the sense of ignoring the rules - cheating in the sense of disrespecting your fellow players, co-ops and taking all fun out of the CC for all. Belittling the value of the 1st price and any other rewards, the ranks and basically everything that can be bought for real money through gold. We all know CC is not about the co-operative and not a championship. I know there will be always short cuts. I know things can be rushed with gold, there is plenty of seaweed available for those who can afford, there are boosters etc. BUT those players still harvest. And for me that is the difference. They might take the easier way but they still put in at least some work to get where they are. But buying RP directly in any format goes against everything this championship should be about: hard work, co-operation, strategy, fair play just to name a few. The CC ranking should represent how good they are as a team not how rich their individual members are in real life. If you win or place well, you should be able to feel a sense of accomplishment and pride. And other co-ops would respect you knowing that you did your best as a leader to get the best out of your team. That would be a fair CC - one that co-ops and members would enjoy playing and participating in.

This is how you feel, and I may say, how many players feel.  But it is obviously now how GGS views their game nor how all players feel, including those in the co-op you mentioned in your first post.  The players in that co-op felt as much of a sense of "accomplishment and pride" as you did in your co-op because, as far as they are concerned, they are playing within the rules of the game and there is no reason why they shouldn't be proud of winning.
  • Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    GGS may allow cheating as part of the competition "rules" but let's not pretend that as a gameplay mechanic it is anything but cheating and buying your way to the top.
    If it is part of the game it is not cheating.  If you have to hack the game or otherwise manipulate the game structure to get points, that is cheating.  Using the available - to anyone - any player - parts of the game is not cheating.  It is using the available parts of the game to your, and your co-ops', advantage.
    It is semantics but just to say that because it is within the "rules" that allow cheating, it results in the same thing, which is that this entire event is an auction and not a competition in any normal sense.  To pretend otherwise is delusional.
    Then don't call it a competition (although it is...it is which co-op gets the most points) call it something else.  If the game allows the buying of RP through one means or another, then buy RP using those means is NOT cheating.   The game doesn't allow cheating, it allows the buying of RP.  They are not the same thing.

And calling someone delusional is rude....
  • @"DuffyPoo222 (INT1)" 
    I think @Mira (US1) means what I suggested above: it's not about cheating in the game, it's cheating in a sense of fairplay, teamwork, co-operation. If a rank is bought by money (or whatever) instead of achieved by work it's going to count cheating in many players eyes, even if it doesn't go against any game rule. Just like in real life. There are ways people can buy (or use other method) their way to get wherever they want to be and even if it's not against the law or the rules it will ultimately result in disrespect from those who actually put in the work to achieve the same result.

Yes, it's ethically suspect even if not legally so.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

I'm a fairly competitive player. But I see no sense playing in a game whole heartedly where not the best wins but the richest. 

I did read all your comments about the new Coop-Cha and this one above is the sum of them all

I disagree with what you just wrote. It';s wrong, in fact the opposite is true.  

It is the best Team that wins. Our Team is the very best.  Ask anyone, they will tell you

No multi-accounting, no tricks, everyone participating, a Team anyone would be proud of just as much as I am

• PCA (GB1) said:

I did read all your comments about the new Coop-Cha and this one above is the sum of them all

I disagree with what you just wrote. It';s wrong, in fact the opposite is true.  

It is the best Team that wins. Our Team is the very best.  Ask anyone, they will tell you

No multi-accounting, no tricks, everyone participating, a Team anyone would be proud of just as much as I am

Yeah but to be fair you are also the team that spends the most money, the amount of gold spent on speeding by some members of your team is enormous.:-)
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 16.05.2016
    Yeah but to be fair you are also the team that spends the most money, the amount of gold spent on speeding by some members of your team is enormous.:-)

You can say the same about Brat Pack on the US server, actually Brat Pack has many more gold users than we have. They did win every single Coop-Cha so far on their server, even tho now they decided to give up the coopcha or the use of gold during the event

People have the right to play as they wish as far as this is within the rules. And the rules are the ones people should focus on, rather than comment on players they do not know

As a personal opinion, I have always been against the sale of reputation points in any of their forms, I did voice my dissent countless times on this forum. To associate the Team that wins with the Teams that buy their million(s) reps is a wrong assumption
  • @PCA (GB1)  Just to be clear, I did not mention co-op names, and I definitely did not mean your co-op. We were not in the same league, I don't know how your co-op plays and you are right, you have the right to play which ever way you please. I don't care about if co-ops/players spend gold on boosters, skipping production, seaweed feed. They still have to do the work: feed, plant, harvest. What I care about is replacing missions with the WoF or other direct RP source.  And that's exactly my point: if the buying of rep points directly is encouraged, many co-op who would win the co-op without using this short cut are put in a position to use this tool just for the sake of defending their rank. That's what happened to us in the prev. CC. Now we take it easy. The whole event lost it's meaning, the 1st place doesn't mean any more the best or most hard working co-op. It means the co-op that can afford the most gold to be spent on buying RP directly in whatever form. Wouldn't it be nice to see how well would co-ops do in a CC if they solemnly rely on running missions?
  • PCA (GB1) said:

You can say the same about Brat Pack on the US server, actually Brat Pack has many more gold users than we have. They did win every single Coop-Cha so far on their server, even tho now they decided to give up the coopcha or the use of gold during the event

People have the right to play as they wish as far as this is within the rules. And the rules are the ones people should focus on, rather than comment on players they do not know

As a personal opinion, I have always been against the sale of reputation points in any of their forms, I did voice my dissent countless times on this forum. To associate the Team that wins with the Teams that buy their million(s) reps is a wrong assumption
    Absoloutely agree people do have the right to play as they wish and I didn't say otherwise, I have no problem with any coop spending as much gold as they like.  The point I was making was that the assumption Goldfairy made was correct the richest team (ie team spending most gold) can win.  You said 'I disagree with what you just wrote. It';s wrong, in fact the opposite is true.' The opposite is not true the winning coops do spend huge amounts of gold to win, which is fine.  I was just being fair and saying what is correct.  

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file