Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 11th - Shelving Missions- Discussion

Comments

• justaplayer, I read somewhere that if you use gold for missions then they are harder, because the game wants you to use more gold. I have barley used gold for my missions, and my missions have been very do-able. I have been placed with all different level people and we are mostly neck-in-neck on all missions. I guess it could be luck, but I have won many of them and have been able to shelf the mission, when the quota is reachable. Lots of missions have unreachable quotas, but I still try, even last place gets points.
  • Thirtyplus (US1)Thirtyplus (US1) Posts: 190
    edited 14.05.2016
    I think the shelving is a great addition!  If you really can't add more and fields / stables are full and you were hoping for a different kind of mission, instead of being stuck until the timer runs out you can now try and try again. :smile: 
  • Thirtyplus (US1)Thirtyplus (US1) Posts: 190
    edited 15.05.2016
    @contrary (US1)   You, and Stan a/k/a @CM Popeye do have a point.  GGBF is able to bring free games that requires hiring people to create and improve because of sales which is necessary to keep functioning.   And people would not  makes purchases if there was no advantage in doing so.

Though, it would be nice too if they would excite gamers who do not purchase gold as well through some gold as surprises in the fields here and there to help them out a bit too.

Also, a suggestion would be to be able to donate some gold to others, that would definitely increase sales if you could help a brother or sister out with gold.  There are many generous people!  :smiley: 
    Post edited by Thirtyplus (US1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I don't understand the shelving tactic at all to be honest. A few players in particular gold heavily in first 10 minutes then shelve, do the same thing in new mission then shelve again and so on. You would think more gold would have to be used to do this plus on top of that sometimes their lead isn't big enough and the players that stay the full 30 minutes pass them. This strategy makes no sense to me but then again clicking the skip button constantly isn't really a strategy anyway.
  • They may just be trying out strategies! However, if play time is limited it allows a lot more missions to be completed. There is also those coop challenge boosters, both personal and for the individual. If you only have to pay for one hour of booster and can complete 12 missions rather than 2 ... is it then more cost effective? I don't know - its not the way I play.
  • amyk (US1)amyk (US1) Posts: 1,201
     Why were they able to shelve the mission with only 826 Rutabagas?
  • Qizara (US1)Qizara (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    Yes.. amyk.. I found that some people were shelving at lower rates than was required of me.  Curious :)  Maybe that's the competition edge.  I didn't check how much I needed to shelve before  the other person did so maybe it goes up once someone shelves?
  • contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    They are level 167..I'm at level 115 and it takes 936 Ruts for me to skip. So, I guess the higher the level the lower the minimum..another "benefit" for lower level players by GGS??  :o..Now there's a surprise!!
  • amyk, I don't know why yours says that many. I am doing a rutabaga mission right now and it has 963 as the quota.
  • contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    amyk, I don't know why yours says that many. I am doing a rutabaga mission right now and it has 963 as the quota.
    You are level 61..lower the level the higher the minimum to shelve it appears..
  • Flittermouse (US1)Flittermouse (US1) Posts: 436
    edited 15.05.2016
    The amount of rutabaga needed to shelve seems to be the amount you get from harvesting all your fields 3 times.

I have 14 level 1 fields, and I'm asked for 2100 rutabaga before I can shelve.
    14*50*3 = 2100

Dmvlmr has 4 level 5 fields, a level 6 field, and a level 1 field, and is asked for 963.
    (4*54 + 55 + 50) * 3 = 963

So the game is taking into account the number of fields you have and their level. (I don't know about library books).

Edit: I don't think library books are included.
    Post edited by Flittermouse (US1) on
    edited 15.05.2016
    The amount of rutabaga needed to shelve seems to be the amount you get from harvesting all your fields 3 times.
    That's it!  The person who shelved after harvesting 826 rutabagas, has one Level 3 field (52), one Level 7 field (56), and three Level 6 fields (55 x 3 = 165)  52 + 56 +165 = 273    273 x 3 = 819   <-- They needed only 819 to shelve.   
    I have four Level 1 fields (50 x 4 = 200) and four Level 7 fields (56 x 4 = 224)    200 + 224 = 424    I need  424 x 3 = 1272  to shelve. 
    Thank you!

• Flittermouse (US1)Flittermouse (US1) Posts: 436
    edited 15.05.2016
    The amount of rutabaga you're asked for to shelve seems to be the amount you get from harvesting all your fields 3 times. (Including field level, I don't know about library books.)

Post edited by Flittermouse (US1) on
    edited 15.05.2016
    I found the answer on the US forum via Flittermouse. 
    "The amount of rutabaga needed to shelve seems to be the amount you get from harvesting all your fields 3 times.
    I have 14 level 1 fields, and I'm asked for 2100 rutabaga before I can shelve.
    14*50*3 = 2100
    Dmvlmr has 4 level 5 fields, a level 6 field, and a level 1 field, and is asked for 963.
    (4*54 + 55 + 50) * 3 = 963
    So the game is taking into account the number of fields you have and their level. (I don't know about library books)."

The person who shelved after harvesting 826 rutabagas, has one Level 3 field (52), one Level 7 field (56), and three Level 6 fields (55 x 3 = 165)  52 + 56 +165 = 273    273 x 3 = 819   <-- They needed only 819 to shelve.     I have four Level 1 fields (50 x 4 = 200) and four Level 7 fields (56 x 4 = 224)    200 + 224 = 424 
    424 x 3 = 1272 

Edit:  And then Flittermouse commented here before I could finish doing all my math.  :) 

You can shelve it for how many you can normally harvest within 30 minutes. I need to harvest all of my fields of alfalfa nine times. 

Posts Merged | Cuddly

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
    You can shelve it for how many you can normally harvest within 30 minutes. I need to harvest all of my fields of alfalfa nine times. 

• Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    6 Days missions is far too much, 2 at most 3 days is more than enough,
  • edrose (INT1)edrose (INT1) Posts: 10
    edited 17.05.2016
    6 day of mission is rely to much because i had that mission it's very hard becouse we don't have enough wifi
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I think for GGS shelving missions has been very profitable and will be staying in game for the foreseeable future. I am beginning to think this game should have a government warning "if you value your sanity Stay Away" I have never felt so angry at what is supposed to be a relaxing game while I have worked at trying to get good total in missions shelved in minutes of start and people shelving still winning. If it was not for the fact that I am in a friendly co-op would have stopped playing but think GGS rely on that so am beginning to question that. The repeated events, hunts.horses.islands.auctions have become boring .     :(
  •  Why were they able to shelve the mission with only 826 Rutabagas? 
    The amount of rutabaga you're asked for to shelve seems to be the amount you get from harvesting all your fields 3 times. (Including field level, I don't know about library books.)

@Flittermouse (US1)  Is it different rules for fields & stables? I have 2 pigs level 6 & only need 127 to shelve a pig mission, which is not even as much as 1 harvest of 1 pig. Eggs are super low too, approx 2x my chickens but not including my ducks at all.
  • I am finding it very hard to shelve missions.
    it is only possible if I harvest animals on there longest run not using quick feed, eggs is only possible if my ducks are ready at the same time, fields if I happen to have special seeds growing, without gold or seaweed I don't know how its possible.
  • @RunsWivScissors (GB1)

The rule for fields seems to be 27 minutes worth of harvests.
    3 harvests of rutabaga
    9 harvests of alfalfa
    13.5 harvests of wild flowers
    5.4 harvests of corn

Note that game does not include library books in the calculation.

A level 6 pigsty gives 165 pigs in 70 minutes. So in 27 minutes, 2 of them should give:
    165 * 2 * (27/70) = 127.3, which rounds to 127
    So it looks like the same rule is being used in the case of your pigs.

For milk, I'm asked for 241 to shelve. I have 10 level 6 cowsheds and no goats.
    A level 6 cowshed gives 375 milk in 7 hours, so:
    375 * 10 * (27/(7*60)) = 241.1
    So it looks like the same rule is being used in the case of my milk.

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I am finding it very hard to shelve missions.
    it is only possible if I harvest animals on there longest run not using quick feed, eggs is only possible if my ducks are ready at the same time, fields if I happen to have special seeds growing, without gold or seaweed I don't know how its possible.
    Think most are using seaweed or gold that's why I think for GGS this idea has been very profitable and will be back
  • @Flittermouse (US1)  Thankyou, that makes total sense now .... You have same milk as me hehe

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 17.05.2016
    I second that :D Thank you very much for your explanatory post @Flittermouse (US1) ! Been trying to make sense of those shelving numbers  :*

P.S.: @RunsWivScissors (GB1)  what happened, did you trip while running with those scissors and and accidentally cut off your own banner? 
    Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 17.05.2016
    @Michiru (GB1)  Oooh thats weird, it was there a little while ago.... I see Letty`s has disappeared too. :o

*goes to investigate*

EDIT: Even weirder, it reappeared when I sent this post LOL
    EDIT 2: Even more weirderer, I now see it on this post on page 4 but on my posts on page 3  *head splodes*
  •  It seems to be easier to shelve missions when you first start your farm up.  I like shelving missions and I do not buy gold;
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 19.05.2016
    @Artmaker (GB1)  I agree with everything you said except this: "4.  I like that events all have newer tougher prizes to win.  BUT.... there is "hard" and there is impossible.   Take this one.  24,000 apples to donate?   Unless one has one of those super farms with nothing but production covering every inch, (and I'm guessing they have to spend gold just to keep things moving, happiness can't be good.)   My 3-4 apple orchards will NEVER make the goal and have enough time to do the rest of the tasks.  And now the latest thing is to reduce the number of days to finish?    Again, forget it.  Added to my ignore list."

I'm currently on the 5th step of level 6 of the camping event.  For 1 day I ignored both contracts and the ship (the ship was very obliging in not asking for apples) in order to finish donating apples.  I run my main farm in the red (only since the lab became available) and the other two are high in the green.  Doesn't cost gold to keep it going.  With the lab making premium animal feed and fertilizer, I use those exclusively so there is no cost to start animals or orchards.  Any amount you 'lose' (just costs more) in planting fields is more than made up for with what I make on GF and FF.

I know several farmers who run both MF and GF far, far in the red and keep all their best decos on the FF to keep it high in the green.  They still make scads of farm dollars.

@Michiru (GB1) I don't have enough gold to buy a Canadian Flag even if I did see one. :)  And, quite frankly, the more GGS pushes to buy things with gold, the less inclined I am to buy any.
    Ok, maybe I'm missing the value in premium feeds then.   I thought all they did was provide a few stars.  Which I don't give a flying hoot about.  All they do is help level up.
    I have posted many times now asking what benefit they are but never got a real answer.
    So... asking again.    Clearly I missed something here.  Feeding with that is free????? 
    See if that's the case, I just never noticed.  Happiness on all my farms is in the 90s so cost of feeding has not been an issue since I had a very young farm.  

I really do wish we could click on someones user name here and go to their farm. I'd like to see how your able to get through these events.   I remember struggling when the top prize was now two FROM the top.  Even had to spend a little gold at the end to get it.  
    Been thinking about demolishing the lab.  Maybe not huh?

Ok, I've basically ignored this game for the past few days.  Seems I have some figuring out to do.  I see new things in the paper.  Usually means something is started.
    Off I go, a hair ripping.

Well ok, based on all the posts here, new stuff should be on my farm.   Survey?  Ducks?  Some guy someone mentioned?

I'm not seeing ANYTHING ANYWHERE.
    Still have not looked at my other farms yet but since this forum is where my link from this servers game went and there are posts here I would guess something should be on my farm different?

WHERE?

edited to add;
    Just checked all three farms.  If there is ANYTHING new, I sure can't locate it.   And... of the three coops I'm in, (run two of them)  there are a LOT of players not showing up.  I just booted several in the red and about half of one coop is orange.  Seems this game is a snooze to a lot of people.   

GG... I'm not just complaining here.  I'm trying to point out a problem you need to work on.  Keeping us crazy people addicted to this game is your main concern.  Some will surely spend real money.  (I wont since you make it so easy to accidentally lose it. I have spent, on all three of my farms.  but until it's safe, and worth it, no more.) 

So I say again.   Candy hunt?  Already missed a day for family reasons so what's the point?
    Event.   Beyond reach, stopped trying at step 2. What's the point?
    Thankfully no island is running now.   I don't look forward to those one bit.  Now if it would save, and pick up where we left off it might be interesting.  At least once I wouldn't mind reaching the end.   Not going to happen so what's the point?  I do what I have to just to buy seeds and that's it.  Kind of a chore not fun.

Actually the ONLY reason I'm about to spend a half hour playing is the coop challenge.  For the coops I'll play.  If it were just me?  Gorgeous day today, rather be outside.

agh, just had a bomb dropped on me.    Sat down to do my three farms missions then opened a message from this one.   

One of my long time and best players is leaving.   

Some time ago a whole group of friends joined my little young coop, and wow we advanced fast.  They were players.   

Then last Jan they all decided to go off and start their own coop.   Well this left a huge hole that has proven to be impossible to fill.   
    New players with young farms simply don't want to do research for flower or gourmet farms when they don't even have one yet.
    And helping with coop projects needing numbers impossible to fill with a baby farm, means I do little more than send welcome messages, followed by booting no show players.  We can't advance, cant get any research started.   It's frustrating to the people who really want to play, and frustrating to me when all I do is kick no shows out.

It's getting old.   I still have a few really good, long time players and don't want to let anyone down but frankly I'm ready to just close it up and walk.

MANY TIMES now I've posted suggestions as to how to improve the whole coop application process and every one has been ignored.  

And now your going to be sending a survey?    RIGHT HERE PEOPLE!!!! 
    JUST READ YOUR OWN FORUMS!!!!!!  Anything you need to know about what's good and what's NOT has been posted here.   You don't need a survey do you?

Posts Merged | Cuddly

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 19.05.2016
    @Artmaker (GB1)   You seem very angry.  I'll try to help you a bit, if I can.  

When you use premium feed or fertilizer on your farm, you get XP (which you may not care about but lots of people do) you do not pay farm $$ to feed your animals or fertilize your orchards.  No money comes out of your acct. 

The Survey you're looking for is not up yet (at least not on my server).  As, in the past, when an update is done, the 'thing' doesn't necessarily show up as soon as the update is finished.  For several reasons, the least of which is to try and stop the servers from imploding from overuse.  The Survey will be rolled out, probably one or a few servers at a time.  As Latten, IIRC, said, everyone will get the survey and have 2 weeks to complete it.  The thing is, this survey will reach every player.  Only a certain percentage of players ever come to the forum, and it's a very small percentage I imagine.  

Ducks.  Not sure there unless you mean the new duck coop that is the reward for the top team, in the gold league, of the Co-op championship.  The co-op I'm in isn't going to win it - ever - so I'm not all that concerned about it but there is a thread about it on the forum somewhere.

To get through the events easier, particularly the top two levels, I use this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S6eR_wC_FtsbCXHXq_HC0MpRQHRR5Z7xhAmyg9eE_s4/edit?pref=2&pli=1  That way I know exactly what is coming in the next step and prepare for it before I get there (i.e., leaving apples for a bit longer if I'm going to need to harvest them for the next step of the event).
    When I need to get something from fields (shells this time, maybe) I sometimes use special seeds, which tend to give more (on the ^ spreadsheet under "Drop Rates" tab).

I can't help you with islands because I don't do them myself.  I think they are money pits and a waste of my time.   However, there is this spreadsheet that shows how to do the island farm without using gold: https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/how-to-complete-the-island-without-using-gold/  It may be a bit out of date, I'm not sure. 

I'm not a co-op leader or deputy so I can't help there.  I know the co-op I'm in has a few questions they ask prospective applicants.  I can't remember the questions, probably things like how often they play stuff like that. People's lives change and they move on or move away from the game, or change co-ops for one reason or another.  I said before, the requirement to join a co-op is, IMO, too low, and most co-ops don't want a level 6-10 player, because, as you say the farm is too small, it's too hard for them to participate in research, and at a lower level the person has hardly had a chance to decide if they like the game enough to keep playing, etc.   

If you've stuck with me this long....you must be bored to death o:)   Hope I answered some of your questions a bit.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

NO Duffy, not angry.  I typed in all capes "shouting" because they just don't seem to be listening to anyone here.  Consider that my attempt to grab someone by the ears and shout into them.   I don't get why they need a survey when so many people have posted the same things over and over and over and over....... 

But yea, not everyone comes to the forums.   Which mainly hurts when new stuff rolls out and never with any kind of explanations at all. Only way to learn stuff is in the forums.

Thanks for the premium feed tip.  I really didn't realize it saves bucks feeding.  Never payed attention.

So the ducks people are already complaining about are a coop challenge reward?  Ok, wont worry about that since not one of my coops will come close.  Too many no show players.

I have the spread sheet for challenges.  It is old though.  And I got tired of googles constant warnings about how they dont support safari.  Again mine at least is dated. I stopped consulting it.  Doesn't matter though.  When I see the numbers needed for the newer, tougher top prizes, 24,000 apples for example, when I have three orchards, what's the point?  I didn't even get past the FIRST task this time.  Just gave up.  There is hard and there is insane.  I'm crazy but not quite insane yet.

Read the sheet about island farm tips long ago.  There is simply no way unless you chain yourself to the computer all day.  Even in winter when I basically do sit by the computer all day I could not get close.  Cant even finish chapter 2.  not even half way.   Earn some seeds and that's it.  Which got boring after the second round.  

For some reason now one of my two computer will NOT get into this forum.   I am right now typing in a text editor, then will log in via wireless router to my other computer, (and this way it works slower than peanut butter rolling down a hill.  Hence the text editor.)

Support does not reply.   And I play this game mostly on the computer that now cant access the forums.    

Oh well.  GG doesn't listen to anyone.  Maybe this survey will help, maybe not.  Who knows.

Got my peppers planted today.  Much more productive than this click fest.

Sign In to comment.