Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 11th - Shelving Missions- Discussion

Comments

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 10.05.2016
    I just wish thee is an other way to have all new things (new biiiig duck pond! I want it!)  than playing missions (or using gold)..... I don't have time to do missions, and bigger and higher co'ops don't want a player who cannot play more than one mission a day....
    All new things sounds nice, just let's see how they will work  :)
  • I think it is May!!!
  • While the duck pond will have the same output as 5 duck coops, it will have the requirements of only four.

Does that mean it takes 4x the amount of feed to start it?

• Wow, I would really like a fair chance to win that duck pond, but not gonna happen.
  • Shelving missions

Currently, at the end of a mission, if you start the search for a new mission within the 3 mins, you get a 10% reputation bonus.
    Do you still get the bonus if you shelve a mission and start a new one within the time limit?
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Shelving missions idea sounds interesting but i'm assuming the major problem most players have with the coop championship (reputation point buying/rep point hot deals) will remain?

Hopefully the stage rewards are improved enough to make the challenge worth it, a little change is better than nothing I suppose.
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 10.05.2016
    did i read right that if you shelve a mission, you still get the points from it when it ends ?
    If so, and your lucky ( or a gold crazy ) you could harvest a full lots of eggs, shelve mission, harvest a full lot of feed, shelve mission etc etc etc by the end of an hour you could have rep points from 5 -6 -7 missions ! great for the gold crazies.  I love how they get excited ... " it will not only look absolutely stunning, but also combines the power of 5 single duck coops into a building size of 4 duck coops."  wow I cannot wait to not get one of these absolutely stunning gold crazy duck ponds. Obviously the winner of one will have to knock down 4 duck coops to make room, probably using gold to do so and then upgrade it.... A lot of the REAL good big farm players seem to be leaving, being replaced by goldies who do not play the game, merely buy their way... a shame 
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Think could be win win for GGS Someone shelves mission ,Probally cost gold to do so, those still in mission may think "right I will show them" and use gold to win especially in CC (unless they have no idea player have shelved them) Wait and see when it starts but I never use gold or seaweed RP means nothing to me .
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    How about other books that Racing Farmer is talking about?

In Finnish it says this: "help you to expand your farm".
    I understand that it really means we will have more land someway or an other............

@CM Latten  so is update tomorrow now?
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    How about other books that Racing Farmer is talking about?

In Finnish it says this: "help you to expand your farm".
    I understand that it really means we will have more land someway or an other............

Actual "expansion of the farm" was ruled out by Latten (or one of the Mods) in a thread a week or so ago.  This "farm expansion" is the new books for alfalfa and turnip.
  • Some improvements here but if the duck pond is only going to the number one and not the top three or five or even ten in the gold coop then nothing is really changing. I am not wasting my efforts when must compete against a team of maybe 75 members  that we know will take it every time. Then after a few winnings for that number one coop with all these special ducks gives them even more of an advantage. Please rethink making it just a first place prize.

• I think in the coop challenge especially, I will have no chance of winning a mission now, as we saw that the top players on our server were well in the lead on missions, now they can get in the lead start new get in the lead, as so on. how many missions can you shelve at any time is there a limit.
  • Some improvements here but if the duck pond is only going to the number one and not the top three or five or even ten in the gold coop then nothing is really changing. I am not wasting my efforts when must compete against a team of maybe 75 members  that we know will take it every time. Then after a few winnings for that number one coop with all these special ducks gives them even more of an advantage. Please rethink making it just a first place prize.

Gosh!  I totally agree Hunter!  Why should it be available just to one specific co op which we all know will win it EVERY time!!  I think it should be available to at least the top 5 or so, and even available to purchase maybe?  It is really beautiful, and it's a shame that not very many players will ever own it.... :(
  • Using gold is really becoming 1st thing about this game.
    Many people have decided to stop using it ,and play just for fun,and I really mean fun.
    Also, there is no way (like cinema in old day's) of getting some gold as reward.
    This Duck coop will be awarded only to first position ,so again, to the same people, who have gold as reward for being first already.
    So again, nothing for the rest of us.
    Also, about the Library, as @Dara (SKN1)  said, it's been written "to help you expand your farm" . Buying books does not expand farm.
    Maybe with a book of "House" and possibility that by buying book we can make houses from 5x5 to 4x4 , it wuld be meaning "expanding".
    About missions ,
    also for gold...with a lot of it, people will just be jumping, and in last C.C. I saw player who did 60 000 pigs in 2 starting seconds of a mission, with only two pigsties on lvl 4..don't know how that is possible, but I saw it. 
    And that is not only one,but more player doing so with cows ,and the rest..
    Hopefully, there will be way for us,for having more gold, otherwise more and more of us will simply stop playing it..
    C.C. is not interesting any more for only using gold.
    Game is great, but not challenging at all anymore.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Or - bring back the Co op Apple Orchard for places 2-10. 
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    I hope the quota that needs to reached to start a new mission will be very low, so you can easily "skip" a mission if you are for example sowing other event needed things on your field or somesuch. 

Major happy yeayy for hard work rewards being overworked!!! 

Also really looking forward to Frida returning, love those horizons!!!! Please dont forget to add dollar options!!!!
  • preslav94 (BG1)preslav94 (BG1) BG1 Posts: 1,781
    I have a question about the Duck Pond - if somebody plays with two red WHs, and build this new building, he wouldn't be able to use it, because his space would be 2500, and the production would be around 3000 eggs.
    Right??? :/
    I have a question about the Duck Pond - if somebody plays with two red WHs, and build this new building, he wouldn't be able to use it, because his space would be 2500, and the production would be around 3000 eggs.
    Right??? :/

Anyone lucky enough to get duck pond can sell their eggs before collecting again.
  • SAUGATA4 (IN1)SAUGATA4 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    A duck pond 4 times the size should give more than 5 duck pond as placing such a big duck pond will be difficult. Moreover what will happen to the books ? Will the new duck pond add 5 times for the library books ?
    Otherwise those having library books will find it unattractive.

i agree with this 100% just like the apples only 1 group will get the duck pond all the time, make it possible for the top 3, 5 or 10 to get this prize
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I hope the quota that needs to reached to start a new mission will be very low, so you can easily "skip" a mission if you are for example sowing other event needed things on your field or somesuch. 

That was not mentioned in this update.  If the Gold League is still requiring 100 million rep pts to win, you can count us out of any participation!
    No mention in the update if the Gold League is still requiring 100 million rep pts to win.  You can count us out of any participation if that has not changed!
  • Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    edited 10.05.2016
    LOL, so now we've gone from top 10 to top 2 to only 1 single prize.  How stingy is GGS?  There's zero reason for the rest of the top co-ops to play at all, and I have zero desire to participate.
  • Susie999 (IN1)Susie999 (IN1) Posts: 348
    edited 10.05.2016
    sounds quite good
  • So you have rewamped the coopcha some. Still doesnt come close to the old coopcha rewards. Remember, it was when the top 10 coops all got a special building....so it still feels like a nerf from the old coopcha.
    Here is a suggestion which I think would actually save your rep on this:
    Gold league have 12 coops with 2 relegation spots. All coops not relegated gets a special building (just like the old coopcha format where 10 coops got a special building)
    Silver league has 12 coops with the 2 coops promoted to gold league getting a special building (now this is extra from the old format coopcha and is an actual improvement on that). 2 coops relelgated to bronze league.
    Bronze league has 12 coops with 2 promotion to silver league and 2 relegation to the rookie league. No special buildings handed out in this league
    Rookie league, like now all the rest of the coops with 2 promotions.

Coopcha Hard worker rewards: a combination of premium, super and seaweed humus, fertilizer and feed. A few decoes that gets better the higher you get..make it abit like the event decoes where they have different layouts for different difficulty level. Rest of the rewards can be horseshoes, greenhouse seeds like gooseberry, grapefruit, rose hip and so on. The only reward you really shouldnt bring back is wet feed..Its so easy to make that instead of a reward it feels like a slap in the face.

These suggestions do increase the reward level slightly compared to the old coopcha, but wasnt that the intention with the rewamp of the coopcha anyway? 

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Sounds to me like they did:

"All hard work rewards, on all leagues, have been checked and rebalanced. The deco trees from the previous version have now been added as more achievable HW rewards for the Gold and Silver leagues. "
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    edited 10.05.2016

Cooperative Championship optimizations
    Some players weren't super happy with our reworked Coop Championship, and we heard you loud and clear. 
    In this update, we'll work on one of the bigger issues - the championship rewards and the hard work rewards. 

lol you heard us?

lol one of the bigger issues?

why not work on the biggest issue the buying the win with the wheel of fortune?

Also no changes in how players get mixed in the missions. so that lower players only get misison with lower players

for what i see there is no change worth while. the new duck pound is nice but will only be won by 1 coop. Or a coop who  wants to buy millions of reputation points in the wheel of fortune.

Sounds to me like they did:

"All hard work rewards, on all leagues, have been checked and rebalanced. The deco trees from the previous version have now been added as more achievable HW rewards for the Gold and Silver leagues. "
    That remains to be seen!  :p
  • Qizara (US1)Qizara (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    same old same old.. very disappointing...I guess we shall see what we shall see
Sign In to comment.