Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update April 26th - Lester's Secret Stash - Discussion

Comments

• Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Why is it only 1 item per contract, and not all items in a contract?  It seems like this only favors 1 item contracts, and doesn't help 6 item contracts that much.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but consider someone who has this at lvl 80.  For a 1 item contract, they would only need to contribute 20% of the contract to complete it.  For a 2 item contract, they need to contribute 60% of the overall contract to finish it.  And a 6 item contract would require 87% of the overall contract.

That basically means this building would be giving a 5x bonus for 1 item contracts, but only a 15% increase for 6 item contracts.  If I ever get to this point, as long as it only affects 1 item, I'll only be filling 1 item contracts and recycling every other contract.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 26.04.2016
    *Passes another coffee to @Jiesta (NL1)  *   :D 

So.. once upgraded we get permanent free % additions...? There has to be a major hook somewhere :D 

Actually this sounds like it will make me pay more attention to the market again, i have confessedly neglected it quite a bit lately  :s

• Why is it only 1 item per contract, and not all items in a contract?  It seems like this only favors 1 item contracts, and doesn't help 6 item contracts that much.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but consider someone who has this at lvl 80.  For a 1 item contract, they would only need to contribute 20% of the contract to complete it.  For a 2 item contract, they need to contribute 60% of the overall contract to finish it.  And a 6 item contract would require 87% of the overall contract.

That basically means this building would be giving a 5x bonus for 1 item contracts, but only a 15% increase for 6 item contracts.  If I ever get to this point, as long as it only affects 1 item, I'll only be filling 1 item contracts and recycling every other contract.
    I disagree.... There are a lot of times when it is only one item on a contract that is a problem & may cause me to decline the contract, for example, Limited contracts that ask for a bazillion apples which are impossible to get in 1 hour, even with full storage & a full harvest. I would now be able to reduce the number of apples required & fill the whole contract. Other times I find that I get a run of contracts asking for the same item (such as cherries) & I end up having them sitting around for a while because the cherries are holding them all up, so now I will be able to reduce the amount of cherries on every contract.... Most excellent!!

If the maximum levels are 80, with a reduction of 80%, it would be crazy to let us reduce every item on a contract by 80%.... Awesome (for us) but crazy for the game lol

This sounds like the best new building so far, very sneaky of you to save it for last when we spent all our monies on the other 2 hehe Seriously though, its great to have all the new additions to the game to spend surplus cash on, poor Greta has some competetion now, she won`t be getting as much as she used to.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 26.04.2016
    Just to shed some light on the EN/US confusion: 

My account is indeed connected to the EN forums, hence my posts only show up on their ticker, not the US one and the URL will redirect to the EN forums when opened from the ticker.  

Given that Popeye is on vacation, however, we needed someone to post the notes for him - no matter which forum the account is connected to. That's why EN peeps see 2 announcements and US folks don't see any new one in their ticker but at least have the information in their announcement section. 

Now, moving on.. please feel free to discuss the update at hand. Thanks. :) 

- Steffi
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    There are contracts that have only one problem item, but it would in theory, incentivize a person to decline multi-item contracts.

Overall there are good things about these three buildings.  The costs are just ridiculous.  They should be at least cut by thirds.  It is hard to praise an item that is placed out of reach to most users.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    50K for the first upgrade....can't imagine what others will be.  Similar to the Lab.  
  • rheanneke (NL1)rheanneke (NL1) NL1 Posts: 79
    edited 26.04.2016

2nd upgrade 500.000

3 upgrade 2.500.000

4th upgrade 15.000.000

and thats all for me, not gonna do any more :-)

Post edited by rheanneke (NL1) on
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958

2nd upgrade 500.000

3 upgrade 2.500.000

EEEK.

Thanks for bringing the progress bars back.  You don't think you ever look at them until they're gone. :)
  • The upgrades are too costly according to the increase in percentage of the products 
    I feel it useless to upgrade
    I spent 5,00,000 for only 2% and it will be a stupidity if will spend 25,00,000 for only 3% :o 
    Not at all happy with the update :/  
    Please reduce the upgrade cost @CM Nafaru
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    edited 26.04.2016
    5th  23m
    6th  32m
    7th  43m
    I have more dollars than sense !!!! Smiley
    Post edited by lthrrr (GB1) on
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    There are a lot of times when it is only one item on a contract that is a problem & may cause me to decline the contract, for example, Limited contracts that ask for a bazillion apples which are impossible to get in 1 hour, even with full storage & a full harvest. I would now be able to reduce the number of apples required & fill the whole contract. Other times I find that I get a run of contracts asking for the same item (such as cherries) & I end up having them sitting around for a while because the cherries are holding them all up, so now I will be able to reduce the amount of cherries on every contract.... Most excellent!!

If the maximum levels are 80, with a reduction of 80%, it would be crazy to let us reduce every item on a contract by 80%.... Awesome (for us) but crazy for the game lol

This sounds like the best new building so far, very sneaky of you to save it for last when we spent all our monies on the other 2 hehe Seriously though, its great to have all the new additions to the game to spend surplus cash on, poor Greta has some competetion now, she won`t be getting as much as she used to.
    I completely agree with Scissors! Me liky very much this building too!! Glad I always gave the market a great deal of my attention, as it brought me many millions of $ much faster than before the market. Now I have enough to at least upgrade the Academy to lvl 10 and Lester's Stash up to lvl 5 for now (but surely more will follow) .... Did not place a lab yet, (wanted to wait and see what more GGS would bring us), will decide about a lab later.

THX for the coffee @Michiru (GB1) !!  :p
  • I haven't done anything with Lester's secret hideout yet. Judging by Tehmina (N1) post I think I will just not bother. I have enough trouble with the astronomical amounts for the regular farming upgrades. GGS makes it so a million bucks doesn't go far. I think the costs should be lowered also. Especially in the temporary farm events. I don't buy all the land because of the ridiculous prices. If they were lower I could buy them and put more on my farm and maybe (more than likely) I would spend more in the long run. But I will not deplete my dollars for something that is temporary nor for something like Lester's stash for a few measly scraps.

KZ

• The upgrades are too costly according to the increase in percentage of the products 
    I feel it useless to upgrade
    I spent 5,00,000 for only 2% and it will be a stupidity if will spend 25,00,000 for only 3% :o 
    Not at all happy with the update :/  
    At first I read the price you mentioned as 5 million for 2%. I checked it in the stash and with mine it says five hundred thousand. That's a huge difference :)

Anyway, I'm guessing this is another thing that leans towards end-game, like Latten already stated about the lab, so I simply start slowly with perhaps only a few levels and continue when I've got "spare" cash :)

Have fun, everyone!
  • Flittermouse (US1)Flittermouse (US1) Posts: 436
    edited 26.04.2016
    Let's do a quick and dirty calculation on the VALUE of upgrading Lester's tree one level.

Someone might be able to get a couple of million a day from the contracts, but the tree only helps with one item on the contract, so let's say one million a day.  One upgrade gives us 1% of that, so that's a benefit of $10,000 a day. If that player is planning to play this game another 1000 days, that would come to a total value of $10,000,000.

So for this very active long term player, the value of upgrading the tree one level is $10,000,000, and it would not make any economic sense for that player to pay more than that for a level of the tree.

• First level build. Perhaps I'll build the second level as well. The rest will be something for a much later time, like with the school and the lab :)
  • I like the new building, helps a lot when you are stuck on that one item that keeps popping up again and again, i even started accepting contracts with multiple items now :)

• Have I missed anything? May I ask where this new building is?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Mine is almost covered by the library.

The cost is ridiculous.  This building, like the other two, seems like a good idea, but the absurdity of the pricing keeps me from heaping too much praise on it, because most players will hardly ever use it.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    @tampoon (INT1)  There is a building slot next to organic market. tree is very small but have been told gets bigger every 10 levels Don't do contracts so leaving level 1
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    The upgrades are too costly 
    Not at all happy with the update 
    I totally agree!
    Leans towards end-game,,,Yes, as in players looking for a new game to PLAY. 
    Upgrade cost are insane...GGS, Please rethink them! More players can use not just your very rich and elite gold users.

Good of many Not just one!

5th  23m
    6th  32m
    7th  43m
    I have more dollars than sense !!!! Smiley
    Great example of too much for upgrades...
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
     May I ask where this new building is?
    So glad im not the only one who did not find it right away!
    *cleans own glasses*
    It's below your library, above your organic market, a small square patch of dirt.

After you build it for the first level it becomes a small tree :) 
    And really useful, Im back into market fever, some of those contracts had been growing mould lol
    great new addition GGS!!
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I could hardly see this building because Lester's sign was covering it.
  • So, once again, GGS has implemented a new feature that is out of reach for the vast majority of its players. The ones who can most afford the upgrades are the ones with so much cash that they do not need the building's benefits.

Disenfranchising your loyal players, as usual. Just so we're clear. 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 26.04.2016

Have built to level 3 and that is my limit.  Will NEVER get the cost of the upgrades back - methinks that GGS has added too many 000's :(

Edit:  Thank you for replacing the green indicator back in progress bars, but at next update could you please put the comma's back too :)  

• I'll pay extra to hang the crazy old man from the tree....
  • muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 124
    I like the secret stash.  There are some things that I always get in contracts, like pigs, thousands of the porkers are regularly required, and I only have two pig stables and don't want to build anymore, so I can use the secret stash to boost them.  At the moment 5 out of my 6 contracts are all waiting on piggles.
  • I like the secret stash.  There are some things that I always get in contracts, like pigs, thousands of the porkers are regularly required, and I only have two pig stables and don't want to build anymore, so I can use the secret stash to boost them.  At the moment 5 out of my 6 contracts are all waiting on piggles.

Yes it's great for the ones with big numbers but even better for the ones that are expensive. I like this feature. Has the potential after investment to raise profit margins and that's a good thang!
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I cant find this hideaway and it is not in special buildings can't find any real info to tell me anything wish I was surprised but not so much.
Sign In to comment.