Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Island Farm Bank Upgrade?

I've noticed that an upgrade of the Island Bank isn't allowed when the Bank iis Resetting for the Next Currency Exchange. Since there is a Two Hour Window I think it should be set so that Farmers can upgrade the Island Bank as it Resets for the exchange of the currency.

It is a waste of opportunity since during that time no actions can take place with the bank which is an essential part of the short time available to manage the Island Farm.  This action should be allowed with a short time set as how long it takes to upgrade the bank while the reset occurs.

Comments

• Ros7 (US1)Ros7 (US1) Posts: 202
    I am agree @MasonJ (US1) but you always can skip with gold ;) of course
  • That's So True Ros7 (US1).  But I believe there still should be an Option for the upgrade since we have such a short time to manage the Island Farm and some players may not be able to take up the Option to Skip the Upgrade Time with Gold.  It is only fair to have the option as we do with other buildings.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    But the game is not about 'fair' to GGS, it's about GOLD.
    That's So True Ros7 (US1).  But I believe there still should be an Option for the upgrade since we have such a short time to manage the Island Farm and some players may not be able to take up the Option to Skip the Upgrade Time with Gold.  It is only fair to have the option as we do with other buildings.
    We don't have the option with other buildings either @MasonJ (US1) , no wiithout use gold. 
    Anyway I am agree with you, but also if we want exchange bigger amounts we have to upgrade the bank and is expensive too, the good thing would be if we can exchange money anytime we need without have to upgrade the bank either.
  • That's So True Ros7 (US1).  But I believe there still should be an Option for the upgrade since we have such a short time to manage the Island Farm and some players may not be able to take up the Option to Skip the Upgrade Time with Gold.  It is only fair to have the option as we do with other buildings.
    We don't have the option with other buildings either @MasonJ (US1) , no wiithout use gold. 
    Anyway I am agree with you, but also if we want exchange bigger amounts we have to upgrade the bank and is expensive too, the good thing would be if we can exchange money anytime we need without have to upgrade the bank either.

While I see MRG1 (US1)'s point about GGS and proceeds from players buying Gold.  I think GGS does a good job on this Game giving options and making improvements.

There are other building on the farms which give the option to use farm cash or gold to skip an action and the Island Bank give to option to use gold to skip the two hour wait yet I think having a cash option is only right esp. since we have only a short time on this particular farm and must weight how we use our cash and gold.  Enjoying play of the game I don't mind too much that some prices are costly and I have to really work and save sometimes putting off things on other farms to work another its just nice to have that extra option to make the play better.
    That's So True Ros7 (US1).  But I believe there still should be an Option for the upgrade since we have such a short time to manage the Island Farm and some players may not be able to take up the Option to Skip the Upgrade Time with Gold.  It is only fair to have the option as we do with other buildings.

While I see MRG1 (US1)'s point about GGS and proceeds from players buying Gold.  I think GGS does a good job on this Game giving options and making improvements.

There are other building on the farms which give the option to use farm cash or gold to skip an action and the Island Bank give to option to use gold to skip the two hour wait yet I think having a cash option is only right esp. since we have only a short time on this particular farm and must weight how we use our cash and gold.  Enjoying play of the game I don't mind too much that some prices are costly and I have to really work and save sometimes putting off things on other farms to work another its just nice to have that extra option to make the play better.
    Well there are different points of view...I am total agree with @MRG1 (US1)  this game for GGS is only gold.
    And about the option that we have is not for upgrade buildings, is only to grow faster the fields, orchards stables and chicken coops with  special hummus, special fertilizer or special feed, but not for upgrade buildings.
    Of course they do a good job in the game cause I think everyone that plays here is in some way "addicts" to BF :) (me included) and we complain but we are still playing, we love the game, but they are not doing a good job ignoring the opinions and complains of the players and not giving solutions when some of us have some problem sending tickets, as in my case (even when is not the point now)  I am waiting for a reply from them for more than 3 months ago, they should listen to us more too, If they can't fix our problems with the game, is easy they only have to reply saying no, but not do what they do,they don't listen when we give suggerences to them either. So I can't be agree with you in that point. In the rest yes, of course I am with you.
  • Cookiie4me (US1)Cookiie4me (US1) Posts: 704
    edited 22.04.2016
    I'm up to Book 3 Chapter 3 on the island with no gold used.  I see no need to change anything.  The changes you want to make will make it easier for lower level players, but the islands are really for people with fully developed main farms.  There is a strategy to building on the island, and your idea would take that part of the game away.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Yes cookie but you are level 181 going in with much money so you dont need to pay gold but lower levels have to pay gold to play and advance as their farms aren't making that kind of money. 
  • Cookiie4me (US1)Cookiie4me (US1) Posts: 704
    edited 22.04.2016
    Yes cookie but you are level 181 going in with much money so you dont need to pay gold but lower levels have to pay gold to play and advance as their farms aren't making that kind of money. 
    Many players have advised new players not to start going to the islands until at least level 100 or until you have purchased all land on all 3 main farms.  If you chose to go at a lower level you have to have lowered expectations of how well you can do.  I first went to an island at level 75 -- I didn't finish the chapters because I didn't have enough resources to support it.  I got as far as I could without gold and planned for the future.

I've been playing for 3 years and the game is designed for either long-term play or to entice you to spend gold to advance earlier.  If you are patient, no gold is needed.   :D
    Post edited by Cookiie4me (US1) on
  • I'm level 80. I go to the island farm just to do the quest and only plant grapes once a day for the sea shells.
  • @Cookiie4me (US1) I disagree the Island aren't for people with fully developed farms.  All players have to choice to take part in the Islands when they get to Level 30.  I do agree with @Damaria3 (US1) on the matter that even at lower levels players can't have as high expectations especially when playing all farms whether they are the main and regular farms or the Island (30 day events).  To play those 30 day events is a personal choice and {The Change Of The Island Bank To Be Made To Upgrade w/o Waiting 2 Hours After Players Have Just Made An Currency Exchange Will Actually Be Better For ALL Players.}.  I agree strategy is key in the game, but as a whole, It mirrors RL in that one must calculate the cost to finish a project.  But, the option to upgrade won't diminish the challenge in any way.  Players choose how much time they devote to their farms as well as to the game as a whole.  It all depends on a persons personal enjoyment as well as their choice to spend money and join in play on each event.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file