Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update April 19th - Matilda's Farm School & XP Rework discussion

Comments

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    I hope the prices to increase levels on the school will not be as outrageous as they are for the Lab.

Very nice that there will be fewer pop-ups when opening the game.  
  • whiziwig (US1)whiziwig (US1) US1 Posts: 1,262
    Where will it go, in main farm or (hopefully) where vids were?
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    edited 18.04.2016
    It will be roughly at the position of the cinema, yes :)
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I am assuming that you will need more XP to level up if we can get it from school and feed from laboratory . If as expensive as laboratory wont get past level 10 before  70 lol Won't  be playing then.
  • Latten-

The link from the Official Announcement does link/direct us to the discussion thread.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Will the levels be priced as absurdly as the laboratory?
  • whiziwig (US1)whiziwig (US1) US1 Posts: 1,262
    CM Latten said:
    It will be roughly at the position of the cinema, yes :)

thanks for the quick answer and happy with it's placement, 2 thumbs up
  • Well, I used up half my fortune to get level 10 lab. I am not sure what to do with another of these new buildings.
    For the lab, I mentioned the attractiveness of the seaweed items for competitions. How attractive is XP to you apart from gaining ranking order?
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 19.04.2016

At a certain level, XP becomes almost useless except for ranking which is purely bragging rights. If there was something quite important that could be unlocked at later levels, say beyond level 100 (perhaps the third building that's coming?), this might have more meaning. GGS, give us a good motive to continue levelling up for this building to have any long-term practical purpose. None of the vintage players are going to want to upgrade to level 100 except for completion purposes perhaps, but there's no real point.

Drop item rate will drop rather than rise I would say, by 10/75. This is a shame and will punish those co-ops with less members. Also, what is the motive for having upper levels in a co-op, apart, once again, bragging rights for ranking? Let the co-ops have more advantages at upper levels, perhaps unlock new research to further increase some already existing researches.

Also, as regards popups, the real problem is when a new deal decides to rear it's ugly head during a mission; this can even happen when you are in that last few seconds from completing one and potentially stops you from winning, getting in the way of a crucially timed click. I would rather have no popups during missions than less when we log in, though both is preferable. If you are serious about fixing the popup problem, then PLEASE NO MORE POPUPS DURING MISSIONS.

Speaking of logging in, is there any way to access the newspaper except when you enter the game? I haven't found any button that allows it.

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239

(...) Speaking of logging in, is there any way to access the newspaper except when you enter the game? I haven't found any button that allows it.

Been wondering that too.
    Im also a little worried about the "adjusted coop tree item drop rate".
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    Are there any ideas how long the update will take please? EN server down now  :(
  • Chandraprova (INT1)Chandraprova (INT1) Posts: 186
    edited 19.04.2016
    its done :)but i can't find the farm school under build option
  • its done :)but i can't find the farm school under build option
    Its where the movie theatre used to be - Next to the organic market - It needs upgrading to look like a building :)

• its done :)but i can't find the farm school under build option
    Its where the movie theatre used to be - Next to the organic market - It needs upgrading to look like a building :)

i already made lvl 2
  • THANK YOU for less pop-ups when you first log in. It was annoying to have to go through a bunch when you were trying to get on your farm quick. It is greatly appreciated! :)
  • Paradice (US1)Paradice (US1) US1 Posts: 39
    Is there a glitch or will we be needing more points to level up....When i went to bed I needed 1700 points to level this morning I need 58000.   I am going from a level 57 to 58.  ty Bea

• Whiskas (NL1)Whiskas (NL1) Posts: 3
    edited 19.04.2016
    What has happened to the XP system, it used to be in the thousends... now it is in the many millions ?
    So now i need 1.2 million to the next level and i get 1 xp for the premium chicken food for example still ?

Huh, whaaaaat ???? :pensive: 

oh ok i get 200 xp for the premium chicken food... so the food increased by 200, the total i needed increased by a factor of thousend.
    So that means we need to make 5 times more experience to level... ?

[Posts merged | Wabbit]

• thesurveydoc (US1)thesurveydoc (US1) Posts: 80
    edited 19.04.2016
    Is there a glitch or will we be needing more points to level up....When i went to bed I needed 1700 points to level this morning I need 58000.   I am going from a level 57 to 58.  ty Bea

Read the OA more closely.....
    "Important: All XP values in the game have been multiplied by the factor 100, so we can properly add the bonuses from this building. 
    No value relations have been changed. This of course goes for every XP value in the game, level-up points, rewards, harvests etc.  
    Example: Previously 15 XP will now be shown and calculated as 1500 XP. "

Your 1700 decreased to 580, but was then multiplied by 100.
    Post edited by thesurveydoc (US1) on
  • On my farm no farm school I can find. Hmmm. Anyone have it showing?
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 19.04.2016
    @Whiskas (NL1)  It is explained in the  Official Announcement  :)
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • sarah74 (GB1)sarah74 (GB1) Posts: 81
    edited 19.04.2016
    Oh well, i cannot find the post I just did, So it looks like GGS have changed the XP scoring by 100x, WHY do they have to fiddle with stuff, If it needed adjusting because of some new building etc, why not make it so that NOTHING had to be adjusted. It seems they go out of their way to make something new so that they have to alter the game to fit in the new stuff. I did not check my XP to see if 10,000 xp was added or just 100, BUT the pop up reward said just 100xp.

I thought GGS had made a step forward with the updates before this one and a lot of players agreed, it was nice to play again, but once again GGS have to spoil things
  • Scifi (GB1)Scifi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 78
    So you got to go to level 100 to double your XPs....
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    On my farm no farm school I can find. Hmmm. Anyone have it showing?
    The school is located on the right side of the Organic Market.

-Popeye
  • Whiskas (NL1)Whiskas (NL1) Posts: 3
    edited 19.04.2016
    @Whiskas (NL1)  It is explained in the  Official Announcement  :)

The official announcement says clearly all xp multiplied by 100.
    This is not correct, this morning i needed 12k XP, now i need 12Mil Xp, that is factor 1000.
    This morning Premium chicken was 1 xp, now it is 200 Xp, that is factor 200.

So how is this an equal factor 100 for what you need and what you get.
    The way i see it what you need is times 1000, what you get is times 200 ?

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Dharu_89 (IN1)Dharu_89 (IN1) Posts: 209
    edited 19.04.2016

At a certain level, XP becomes almost useless except for ranking which is purely bragging rights. If there was something quite important that could be unlocked at later levels, say beyond level 100 (perhaps the third building that's coming?), this might have more meaning. GGS, give us a good motive to continue levelling up for this building to have any long-term practical purpose. 

@CM Latten I m sorry to say that this another one building I find stupid.
    Both the buildings that came this month are useless except for gold buyers and heavy competitors who like to show off.
    Sorry that I m not using both the buildings. Because I am really trying to save money to upgrade my buildings.
    XPs dont hold any interest to me, so does the farm lab.
    I am already in a good level and I have got full upgrade rights of all my buildings.
    You are forcing us to use the hard earned dollars in the farm in a not so useful way. And to buy gold.

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Sorry, nobody is being 'forced' to use either building.  And no one is being forced to buy gold.

I have the lab at level 8 which is where it  will most probably stay. When I get an overabundance of cow, pig or chicken feed I can turn some into premium feed and not have to sell (at a loss) to make more.

I intend upgrading the library to level 10 but probably no further.  

The thing about this game is you only have to participate in the parts you enjoy.  I don't, as a rule, play the horses, never play the temporary islands, will never again do the silo/hard worker event, will mostly likely never again participate in a co-op championship (I NEVER do missions).  

If you don't think the Lab/Library is practical for your farm, ignore them.

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Will the levels be priced as absurdly as the laboratory?
    Yes!   Yeah!
  • Before update, making chickenfood at mill (level 7) was 24 xp
    Now it is 4992 xp
    If all is multiplied by 1000(assuming the announcement was a typo and they mean 1000 instead of 100), we should have 24k XP (factor 200 like the cat said).
    Amount required for level is fact; that has been multiplied by 1000.

So in effect the result is an increase of how much exp you need of 500%.

The school if upgraded to level 100 will get you double xp. But if you first increase it with 500% and then you double the exp you get you are still 250% worse of then before the school update.

Also the school upgrade is horribly expensive, level 4 to 5 upgrade already cost 5 million dollars or 8000 gold.
    And thats just for a measly correction of 5% lol.

• @Whisky (NL1)  My stuff has only been multiplied by 100 like the announcement says. Premium Chicken is 100 instead of 1, pigs are 200 instead of 2, and my XP to next level is 295,569 instead of 2,955. I don`t think it was a typo, at least doesn`t appear to be.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I don't know what GGS is doing I have been playing over 2 years but if I came to play today would not last 1 hour if XP was like it is now and had no money to buy laboratory or school . Definitely would not buy gold to upgrade faster. Think new buildings will put new players off .Not upgrading past level 4 for any because have horrid feeling that Lesters building will cost as much 
Sign In to comment.