Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update April 12th - Farm Laboratory - Discussion

Comments

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705

I thought we were going to be able to queue upgrades eg: set the building to go up 2 levels at once. We do not appear to have this option.

It would be nice when it says the next building update requires the architect, that it still gives how much it is going to cost.

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 12.04.2016
    I like it but to make full use of options available at the moment need level 10, my level is 4 next level almost 9M so if doubles each level (it seems to ) going  to need a billion or more to get to level 100 for that I would want it to turn lead into gold  :)
    @Lesley52 (GB1)  They do get pretty high, did mine up to level 10 & I think the last 2 were 108 million & 146 million ... Now Greta has some competition for stealing all my monies lol

The other shock was how long it takes to make max load of premium honeydew... 60 hours! eeps!  Looking ahead at some of the recipes to come, I see we will be able to make seaweed products at some point, so thats pretty cool. :)

Oh dear don't have enough money to get to level 10  lol  Level 100  Will be 90 before earn enough to do that  lol I suppose some may buy money with gold from Monica + Omar to upgrade .  Not me Rubbish rate of return
  • "Update: 

One info wasn't quite right: It is absolutely possible to produce different products on each farm's laboratory - you are not bound into one production for all farms.

Sorry for the mistake."

From the update to the update. :)
    Oh, I think I missed that one :) That's good to know! Thanks!
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    UPGRADE COST FOR NEW BUILDING WAY TO HIGH!
    Cost INSANE!!!
    How does GGS expect us to upgrade to level 100...

• aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049

I thought we were going to be able to queue upgrades eg: set the building to go up 2 levels at once. We do not appear to have this option.

It would be nice when it says the next building update requires the architect, that it still gives how much it is going to cost.

True. If I did understand officiall announcements correctly, we should be able to upgrade a building for more than one level at the time. I do not see how this is possible.

Another thing is, that it still does not allow me to upgrade a building before asigning the workers.  
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 12.04.2016

Don't think I will be building the lab.  Taking into consideration the loss of happiness on all 3 farms if I built a lab on each of them - would have to remove 2 5x5 deco's on each farm - the astronomical cost of upgrades makes it a no-go.  The premium feed is of no interest to me, as I have more than I could possibly use and to be honest I forget to use it. 

Edited, as I had typed 5x5 buildings instead of 5x5 deco's.

• Dharu_89 (IN1)Dharu_89 (IN1) Posts: 209
    edited 13.04.2016
    it takes a lot of cash to level up the laboratory, can't it be decreased?
    Insane amounts.  Level 3 is 2,073,000 or 1,390 gold.  Can you imagine the top levels?
    @CM Latten 
    Any possibility of reducing the upgrade costs??
    Really insane amounts.
    No one will upgrade to level 100 with these high upgrade costs. And because of that..I m not planning to place a lab in my farms.

Don't think I will be building the lab.  Taking into consideration the loss of happiness on all 3 farms if I built a lab on each of them - would have to remove 2 5x5 buildings on each farm - the astronomical cost of upgrades makes it a no-go.  The premium feed is of no interest to me, as I have more than I could possibly use and to be honest I forget to use it. 
    I am with you. I have no interest in premium things and I dont use them too. I am good with normal ones and the escalating price for each upgrade is really too much for me to take it in.

Posts Merged | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • edited 12.04.2016
    The Farm Laboratory is fantastic and freaky fast! I just built level 1 on my Flower Farm to start, and I love how it quickly turned all my chicken feed into premium chicken feed. No more selling feed "for a loss" as there is no cap on premium feeds. 

As another co-op member pointed out, we can convert the pig feed in the same way so all the feed we make for the Mysterious Asia event is not sold, too.

The upgrades are expensive. That is to be expected. There is a high value in converting all these items to premium. We can save for the upgrades, just as we do for the higher flower farm upgrades. The first few upgrades are reasonable and are of good value.

One favor (or consideration), please.
    Move the premium feed around on the ring menu so it is easier to use. It is awkward to use the super or premium feeds, and far less speedy to do so, during missions. It is the one big drawback of the premium items in my opinion.   

Edit: Moving the premium humus as an extension of the regular humus will also greatly reduce the misclicks on super or seaweed humus. It would work well with chicken feed, too. I think it should be this way with cow & pig feed, but move speedy feed toward the inside of the ring. Please consider this. Thanks!
    Post edited by AlabasterGamer (US1) on
  • Holy cow is it expensive!!!

to go from level 1 to 2 is $700,000

from level 2 to 3  $2,073,000

and this thing goes to level 100!!  wow

I built it...did one upgrade. I might tear it down. I will have to sleep on this and discuss with the Co Op.

• CM Popeye said:
    Hey @jules314 (US1) We have had a few say this does not work on temp islands, and we have the bug team investigating.

-Popeye
    @CM Popeye, 
    The multiple upgrade isn't working for me on any farm. Hopefully, the bug team will find this as well. 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    @RunsWivScissors(GB1) -  a quick question.  If you have a lab on each of your farms, does the cost for upgrading cover all the labs or would you have to pay 146 million to get each lab from level 9 to level 10?  
  • This is not for the beginning farmer as much as people say and try to think it is. pretty obvious
  • monica1230 (US1)monica1230 (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 12.04.2016
    Lvl 9 doesn't add a recipe, only reduces ingredients needed for some recipes. Production costs appear to be set, happiness of farm doesn't change the cost like with other buildings.  Each lab runs as an independent building, the increase in production by having more than 1 just means you can process 3xs as much by having all 3 running.  Just like building each one takes 5 workers on each farm to upgrade each one you pay the fee for each one for every lvl.  Upgrade when short workers isn't working yet.

Like the islands this is something that is available too early in the game.  Players are just starting to figure things out and they don't realize how much it will draw from their resources. 

Sorry I didn't think to note the gold costs to upgrade, I won't have the farm dollars to go further today.

upgrade costs:
    • lvl 2 $747,000 or 450 gold
    •  lvl 3 $2,073,000 or ? gold
    •  lvl 4 $4,589,000 or ? gold
    •  lvl 5  $ 8992,000  or 3,690 gold
    •  lvl 6 $16,310,000 or 5,280 gold
    •  lvl 7  $27,950,000 or 7,150 gold

Post edited by monica1230 (US1) on
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259

Holy cow is it expensive!!!

to go from level 1 to 2 is $700,000

from level 2 to 3  $2,073,000

and this thing goes to level 100!!  wow

I built it...did one upgrade. I might tear it down. I will have to sleep on this and discuss with the Co Op.

Gourmet farm level 2 is 747,000 dollars and 30 mins
    Will DEMOLISH...
  • Well, I use Premium chicken feed a bunch, so if the lab does make it, I have no problem with that. 

The look of the opening farm looks nice too. 

What I'd like to know for sure is: can you have two building being upgraded at the same time? Especially if one is on the island farm and one on the main farms? 

Thanks! 
    edited 12.04.2016
    No on the 2 builds at once, it will still say use gold to skip current building.  The upgrade when short needed workers for previous level isn't working yet either, unless I am understanding how it works wrong.

How do we know what benefit we got from having 1 on each farm?  The announcement said if you have 3 labs, there would be a boost in production of a regular farm item.  I have 3 but not sure what to look for.

So now we need a feature on feeds like we have for the field items, where the last feed used is shown and if we want to change to a different feed we have to open the menu with all the choices.  Please!

Sorry I didn't think to note the gold costs to upgrade
    upgrade costs:
    • lvl 2  $747,000   or  450 gold
    • lvl 3  $2,073,000   or  ? gold
    • lvl 4  $4,589,000   or   3,690 gold
    • lvl 5  $16,310,000  or  5,280 gold

• Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Heaven's to Murgatroyd - Greed Games Studios wants our first born with this new Farm Lab :neutral:  :p
  • I agree the cost of upgrades is prohibitive for lower level players who would really benefit from the extra experience points it gives : (
  • I looked on the production icon on lab it shows a some point we will be able to make super feed and seaweed feed also.

• edited 12.04.2016
    Now available (after upgrades):
    level 1 Premium chicken feed
    level 2 Premium pig feed
    level 3 Premium cow feed
    level 4 Premium goat feed
    level 5 Premium donkey feed
    level 6 Premium fertilizer
    level 7 Premium honeydew
    level 8 Premium liquid fertilizer
    level 10 Premium duck feed

Note: As you upgrade the building, fewer ingredients are needed. Yields and production times remain the same.

"More features coming soon": Super chicken feed, Super pig feed, Super cow feed, Super goat feed, Super donkey feed, Seaweed humus, Seaweed feed, Seaweed fertilizer, Super duck feed

You may want to build only 1 Farm lab for now, as we will soon have more new buildings. Coming soon, Matilda's farm school will boost your XP.

Update: To answer the "Why do I need Premium items" question: You need regular + Premium items to make Super items. In the future, of course. So, it's not a bad idea to stock up if you have the space and resources.
    Post edited by AlabasterGamer (US1) on
  • it would be a bonus for me, i would REALLY like to build one, and still might but from the looks of it i wouldnt be able to build past level 3 or so, im not a rich farmer and the cost of upgrades is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!
    I rarely see above 15 million, so its not conducive to the lower farmers which is a shame... please think of the farmers that arent higher levels with tons of spare farm dollars and gold.. there are some of us out here who cant afford gold except on the rare occasion..  :( 

I have contemplated not playing any longer due to the greedy nature of the game producers.
    I understand the need to make a buck as you work so hard making this awesome game, but us out here.. we are poor folk... consider that!!!!
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Thanks, AlabasterGamer!  You're a gold-mine of information.  :)
  • Thanks, Duffy!

Just like your awesome co-op, ours is full of great discussion when new things come up. Most of the info I posted is thanks to the ideas and info shared on chat. 

Co-ops and the forum are the best way to stay informed. Thanks to all for sharing your findings and ideas and helping us all!
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 12.04.2016
    I built level one on Flower farm, thought it might be nice to have extra premium feed so I tried it. In addition to the above feedback (i.e. that it is very costly to build, uses up farm space, and takes away workers), the cost to produce is not that great. Consider that to produce 25 Premium Chicken feed you need 30 Regular feed and 20 corn,plus whatever the production cost is (I have very high happiness so my production cost is $10 farm dollars). You have already paid to produce that regular feed and corn, and you end up with 5 less feed than you started with.  
    The only benefit I can see is that to use the premium Chicken feed you get one xp and don't pay production cost on Main farm to use it. (But you have paid the production fees twice for the feed and lost regular feed and corn when you produced the feed you needed to make the Premium feed)
    Hmmmm...I am not sure about this one yet.
    edited 12.04.2016
    Sorry I didn't think to note the gold costs to upgrade, I won't have the farm dollars to go further today.

upgrade costs:
    • lvl 2 $747,000 or 450 gold
    •  lvl 3 $2,073,000 or ? gold
    •  lvl 4 $4,589,000 or ? gold
    •  lvl 5  $ 8992,000  or 3,690 gold
    •  lvl 6 $16,310,000 or 5,280 gold
    •  lvl 7  $27,950,000 or 7,150 gold
  • so how do experience points help in this game anyway?
  • so how do experience points help in this game anyway?
    they are how you level up
  • and how does that help you, besides the normal exp u get you don't need extra cause when your new u don't have enough money to upgrade things anyway

• You get farm dollars and gold with each level up.  We have talked in the coop that the lab is really not a new player need, they already have problems keeping feeds and products in stock.  Plus there are so many other things that are better uses of their money.  Like the islands this is something that needs to be locked longer.  Give people a chance to learn the game more and understand just how much they draw on the resources.
  • Upgrading gives you free farm cash and gold, plus you have to be at certain levels to unlock additional game features.
Sign In to comment.