Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Updates March 22nd & 31st - The new Coop Challenge Discussion

Comments

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    Well I am glad I sat this CC out. After that 3 day camping event scam I decided I would no longer buy ANY gold for ANY reason. (Use to spend 50.00 a month or more on gold) With out using gold I knew I would put in a poor showing so I told my coop I would not take part.  After reading all of the posts I am very glad I did not play the CC.

So glad I did not waist my time and money on it.
  • Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like the new structure of the challenge. Before, my coop usually finished in the 200's, with no chance of ever finishing in the top. This time we finished 8th in our division, winning was at least plausible. I also think it makes sense to base the league on previous challenge performance.

I do agree that 6 days is way too long and the hard worker rewards should be improved to make them worth the effort i.e., not things I can produce on my own. Also reevaluating how attainable the top hard work reward should be to obtain. If only a hand full co-ops can reach them maybe they should be lowered.
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    When my credit card company has some sort of campaign going on, like double points when charging meals at a restaurant, I don't think to myself "Oh, I better go and eat out more often!" or "If I get something more expensive, I'll get more points!"  I do everything exactly the same, and the campaign has absolutely no effect on what I do, except that when I do happen to eat at a restaurant, I may reach for that card instead of another one.  But to say "I'm not going to eat at restaurants while this campaign is going on!"...  I'll just accept my free bonus rewards by doing the things I already do, and be on my way.

When there's an event going on, like the co-op challenge, I don't think to myself "Oh, I better go and do more missions!" or "If I buy boosters, I'll get more points!"  I do everything exactly the same, and the event has absolutely no effect on what I do, except that when I do happen to have lots of things ready to harvest, I may start a mission instead of not.  But to say "I'm not going to do missions while this co-op challenge is going on!"...  I'll just accept my free bonus rewards by doing the things I already do, and be on my way.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like the new structure of the challenge. Before, my coop usually finished in the 200's, with no chance of ever finishing in the top. This time we finished 8th in our division, winning was at least plausible. I also think it makes sense to base the league on previous challenge performance.

I do agree that 6 days is way too long and the hard worker rewards should be improved to make them worth the effort i.e., not things I can produce on my own. Also reevaluating how attainable the top hard work reward should be to obtain. If only a hand full co-ops can reach them maybe they should be lowered.
    Depending on whichever league you were in this round, you might find yourself lower the next time it shows up. Someone posted previously that it made sense for coops in Gold league to purposely tank so that they could win in Silver on the next go.

Tips on improvement would be to make rewards more worthwhile. I don't want speedy feed for working my butt off all day and night on missions. More collectible items, decos, horseshoes, tokens and other useful rewards please! Hey why not some tiny amounts of gold fas well since the theatre was taken away?
  • On the whole, I liked the changes. Biggest pro was the new missions. I particularly liked the feed one, especially since you can sell off excess rutabaga pig feed for a profit or at least for minimal loss if you have to buy some rutabagas. Biggest negative was the ridiculous rewards. At the very least tweak it to include some collectibles.
  • berylk (HIS1)berylk (HIS1) HIS1 Posts: 8
    i was really looking forward to the apple plant reward and then it got cancelled. hated that u.u
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    Well I want to thank GGS for saving me a lot of time and money. After that 3 day camping event scam I decided I would no longer buy ANY gold for ANY reason. (Use to spend 50.00 a month or more on gold) With out using gold I knew I would put in a poor showing so I told my coop I would not take part.  After reading all of the posts here and on the EN board as well as talking to members in my coop I am very glad I did not play the CC.

As I stated in an other post I am level 147 and for the 1 mission I did just to clear the task one of me fellow coop member was in as well. She is level 6 with 1 chicken and main farm only. Tell me how was she suppose to compete. 

That is just an other reason I sat out the CC. The unfairness of players in missions is unreal.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    We had a team in my server that combined with another group and threw obscene amounts of money and gold at this event (40,000 feed, 30,000 eggs, 100,000 wildflower......to name a few missions results) and they fell short of the 100 million rep point target. Hundreds if not thousands of real dollars combined and for what? 2 GML's?

What hope do teams that don't buy missions and rep points have of achieving this ridiculous target? I could get lucky with Omar right now and get offered a GML and with one mouse click i've gotten a better prize than a weeks worth of coop challenge....terrible update!
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    Where are the end of event results??? .... We no longer see the scores for the other coops & we don`t see the member rankings for our own coop at all, what use is that???  Just when I thought this new CC couldn`t get any more disappointing. :(
    Totally agree was at work when it finished . I have no idea where I finished or what I scored which is the only interest I have in challenge.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Just to address a few things I have seen in this discussion.

The team does listen to the community, and changes have been made in the game based on what players had to say. That being said, there are of course also times when the team decides to not go with the opinions of the community. There are many factors that go into creating or changing content, and the communities feelings are always taken into consideration.

Most of us here in the company play all of the games, and we give the teams feedback as well. I would like to see some changes to the way the CC is currently run, but I can't promise anything atm.

-Popeye 
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163

sorry popeye but i not agree on this.

the developers are not listening to the most important things. they only so said listen when its good for them or when they can replace it with someting that make them more money.

this wheel of fortune was many bridges to far. i already know many many people who stop buying gold since its no sense in trying, The millionairs rule the game here now.

good luck to them and ggs but they not get a cent anymore from me as long as its so much off balance.

• I agree with Paul, no more gold buying from me either....unless the champs become fair. was in a milk mission where I had produced under 12k opponents had 157k and 98k. I do not believe they listen to us. we have asked for more land. there is no room for the nice decos.  cannot ever contact support..was buying gold license from omar when it switched to dollars...which I never buy at the cost of 32k gold.if you play the game then you must know changes need to be made.no one can sit here 24 hours 7 days a week. this used to be my favorite game
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 08.04.2016
    Can a moderator tell us when missing hard work rewards and final prizes will be given?  Pretty please? 
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    the challenge would be more fun if it lasted about 3 days, and the hard worker levels were scaled back to coordinate with this.  This is a game, not a job, and being "expected" to play long hours for days on end is not enjoyable.  Better prizes for hard worker would also make it worth playing.

Good prizes:  Gold; Gold licenses; super or seaweed humus, fertilizer and feed; special seeds for the greenhouse; tools; significant amounts of the most used collectibles; decent decos that are unique or only available for gold

Okay prizes:  Special seeds for the 3 main farms, water, mystery boxes, greenhouse humus, regular or premium humus, small amounts of collectibles, premium fertilizer, 5 or more regular greenhouse seeds, tokens, karma balls, currency to spend on greenhouse seeds, parts for landscaping upgrades in the mid double digits or more

"Why bother?" prizes:  any kind of honeydew, premium or regular feed, large decos with low happiness points, a couple greenhouse seeds, token amounts of collectibles 

quantity matters..... 2 business cards?  nope not worth any effort..... 30?  ok, I'll bite.  One karma ball?  Forget it....5?  I'm in.   Chicken feed?  I'd rather clean the house..... gold license?  I'll play hard.  

Our team is seriously talking about tanking the next challenge, because at least there's a gold license available in rookie league, and not a tree that looks like someone snuck in and TP'd it in the middle of the night : )  
  • I temporarily rejoined my old coop to help with them with the cc and what a disappontment it was. Overall it was a cc for deep deep deeeeeeep pockets. High level players were wiped away by levels <85 because of obscene amounts of gold that were spent. The WoF literally started a fight in the gold league on the Dutch server. One coop was not amused that the top 3 had obviously used the WoF to gain their position. So they started sending nasty messages to these players and their coop leaders.
    I do understand they were trying to make a point, but I think they should have turned to GGS with their complaints. What these players did was basically use what GGS had provided. I still remember the "simply buy your reputation" hot deal; this one is similar and I really hope that GGS will reconsider the next cc. If not,  I do hope a lot of players will ignore the cc.
    Having that said: The one good thing was: not one single solo mission!!!!
  • Is there a way to see the finish of the co op challenge after its done , once you have already hit the popup? 

• I am quite disappointed with the new coop championship.  The hard work rewards are uninspiring and they are no where near as useful to the coop and our new members.  We used to have a lot of fun earning collectibles and rewards to help our newbies build their farms.  Now (at least in bronze league) there is nothing much until we get to the gold mining license at the end.  So it's hard to keep motivated.  And it's an all or nothing kind of deal.  If we're a bit short we basically come out of the event with nothing to show for our efforts.  I worry that this is becoming a trend in game events.  It was the same way with the Chinese New Year decoration.  Many of our members did their best but because they were just a bit short in several areas they ended up with a useless deco.  I hope future events will be designed with a more proportionate reward system as we go along.

• So when are we getting the rewards that weren't awarded while we were offline?  It was supposed to happen after the event completes - any more specific timeline?  I opened a ticket during the coopcha as suggested - with no effect or follow up by GGS so far.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    @1shockwave (US1) The rewards were not given out after the event for technical reasons. They will be rolled out with next update tomorrow.

-Popeye
  • I received my missing reward this morning upon log in. :)  Thank you GGS for following through as promised. MUCH appreciated!  Barry.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    GGS has still not responded to a single thing is forum since the CC began.  Why?
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    @Gavinfarms(US1) - because they are still enjoying their round-the-world cruise funded by the massive amounts of gold purchased during the CC ;)
  • Ditto, thanks for the follow up on the rewards.  Got mine also.
  • MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137
    Changing the subject slightly... Here is a quote from the Co-op Championship Part II update, March 31st:

Notable bugfixes and other changes:

- Asia and UFO events have been adjusted to the new feeds.
    - The winner of the community voting for the next horse tourney theme has been chosen:"Mythic" will be an upcoming season theme!
    - Bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes.

Is it just me or does the new wet pig feed not count in task 5 of the Asia event? I understood it would do?
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    @KathrynStevensP(GB1) -  when I did my pig feed on the first day of the event it was not included in the amount produced, but reading the announcement I thought it was going to be included after the update.
  • MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137
    Thank you bdreish, at least I know it's not just me.
  • Changing the subject slightly... Here is a quote from the Co-op Championship Part II update, March 31st:

Notable bugfixes and other changes:

- Asia and UFO events have been adjusted to the new feeds.
    - The winner of the community voting for the next horse tourney theme has been chosen:"Mythic" will be an upcoming season theme!
    - Bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes.

Is it just me or does the new wet pig feed not count in task 5 of the Asia event? I understood it would do?
    Unfortunately, we all misinterpreted what that change might mean.

Instead of allowing the new feeds to be used and thus making them more useful, they've taken them out of the equation for part of the task.

In Asian event the "begin production of pigs x times" has been changed to collect x pigs.

And i presume the stage 3 of UFO event will change from "begin production of milk x times" into "Collect X milk"

Kind of a shame really :(
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Yes a big thank you as all of our members of our co op who were missing items all got theirs!! :)
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 13.04.2016
    I know this is an old complaint, I'm on level 178, my 1st mission this morning was against 2 others level 45 & level 42, this to me is grossly unfair to lower level players.
    George3
    Post edited by george3 (AU1) on
  • Solmar (US1)Solmar (US1) Posts: 72
    edited 24.04.2016
    This new coop challenge did not make a positive difference to my coop experience. Still unfair for smaller coops.
Sign In to comment.