Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Updates March 22nd & 31st - The new Coop Challenge Discussion

Comments

• ok I was reserving judgement about the new leagues and how they would be done in missions, as far as I can see there is no difference at all, we were placed in silver league, and most of us work full time, and every mission I have had so far has had gold league players in it far high in levels than me, if you are going to do leagues please stick to them or you may have well left the champs as they were, I have just been beaten in my mission by a players from large estate and chill out one level 265 while I am a lowly 93 my reckoning of these new leagues was to eliminate this happening. As for the prizes we aren't giving it our full this time as they not even worth playing for. Please sort this out gg
  • niblett99 (GB1)niblett99 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11

I thought that the players in the missions for this championship were going to be evenly matched.

How can level's 85, 119, 136, 143, 167 & 362 in a mission be fair !

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Hey guys, We have been getting some reports of people not getting their prizes. if this has happened to you, please try to refresh the game to see if they then appear. If not, go ahead and contact our support team as soon as you get a chance. Our bug team is looking into the issue as well, and I will let you know if I hear anything.

-Popeye
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Is it really Day 4 with no communication by GGS?  Unbelievable.  The game server just shut down...... but why?
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Is it really Day 4 with no communication by GGS?  Unbelievable.  The game server just shut down...... but why?
    Ton unveil their latest favourite offer......red coop tree for 100 million gold? :D
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I don't get it.  I just don't get it.  Is the forum not longer a valid tool?  When poor decisions have been made by game developers, it is the presence of communication in the forums that has always made that palatable.  But now, it seems as if the forum is no longer in use by GGS. 
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

I thought that the players in the missions for this championship were going to be evenly matched.

current mission, 6 players:  3 players levels 125  +, the other 3 level 14, 26, and 53 !!!

As already mentioned in my earlier posts in this thread, I believe this needs GGS attention real fast 

• Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    Just missed the latest hard work reward while not logged in.

It's utterly pointless to have a team event of any kind where the entire team doesn't receive the rewards if not logged in.
  • Mira, it's a bug, report it on the new thread and it should be sorted out. Not that it makes it less annoying...
  • Kitty Reed (US1)Kitty Reed (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    Please look at your rpts required and rpts you already earned 

our done rpts done are  2M more then rpts  required.... never received the prize 
    what is up with that ?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    PCA (GB1) said:

current mission, 6 players:  3 players levels 125  +, the other 3 level 14, 26, and 53 !!!

As already mentioned in my earlier posts in this thread, I believe this needs GGS attention real fast 

Sorry PCA, but I have to disagree with you. I have not had a single solo mission yet this challenge, in fact I don't think I have had a single mission with less than six in it. This is a major improvement.
    Missions are never evenly matched. I am routinely beaten by players of half my level, how ?, they throw gold at it !! Do I care ? No. Why not ? because those players laying down tens of thousands of whatever are generating oodles of RP which is then shared among all the contestants. I score far more RP coming 2nd or 3rd to BEENIE then ever I do coming 1st against lower scoring players.
    I play missions to score RP. With the current set-up I score far more RP than I did before. High scoring 2nds instead of low scoring solos. I see it as a win win !!
  • our reputation counter not working, we passed the amount needed and didn't get reward. counter jammed.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, We have been getting some reports of people not getting their prizes. if this has happened to you, please try to refresh the game to see if they then appear. If not, go ahead and contact our support team as soon as you get a chance. Our bug team is looking into the issue as well, and I will let you know if I hear anything.

-Popeye
    Thanks Popeye ;)
    ok thx :))
  • this is an epic fail!

This is still a SPENDING champkonship! the winners simply outspend everyone else; there is NO skill involved

When will GGS realize we aren't looking for ever more lipstick on this pig? A challenge should not be about who has more money to buy gold but who understands the game? Skills at farming, not spending?

This change failed to understand the basics
  • This is NOT a competition in farming; it's a competition in spending - he who spends the most money buying GOLD buying SEAWEED ferts and feeds and hurrying production; wins

Its that simple - spend, win. spend the most, win

When, oh when, is GGS going to realize that the very idea of spending championships is so very contrary to the nature of a FARMING game as to drive people away from this game?

Spending championships = brazen GREED, does GGS stand for Greed game studios? A farming championship should be about farming; eliminate the ability of spending to help and you might just understand the idea
    I also ask you is this CC possible too complete ?

Like be honest here 
    3 times more rpts required then before 
  • I've always enjoyed the cc's as a way for the team to come together and work towards a common goal, but the changes really missed the mark for me, and the prizes aren't worth anyone's time or money.  We asked for more fun, not just boring cash cow challenges.. There should be prizes coops would fight for, like the prior orchards or big ticket decos that take little to no space..
  • In reading these statements I noticed something....   Those that do not use gold to push harvests are not happy with always losing and those that do use gold to push harvests rarely complain about winning.  I would think that beating someone not at your own level would be a hollow victory.  If your competitor has no chance of winning, what does your victory actually mean?  It certainly does not mean you are a better farmer. It just meas you have more money.  Not really the same thing is it?  I wonder what it would look like to actually level the playing field.  I wonder who would actually be on the top then.

It is like a professional race car beating my old farm truck in a 1/4 mile race. 
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300

Sorry PCA, but I have to disagree with you. I have not had a single solo mission yet this challenge, in fact I don't think I have had a single mission with less than six in it. This is a major improvement.
    Missions are never evenly matched. I am routinely beaten by players of half my level, how ?, they throw gold at it !! Do I care ? No. Why not ? because those players laying down tens of thousands of whatever are generating oodles of RP which is then shared among all the contestants. I score far more RP coming 2nd or 3rd to BEENIE then ever I do coming 1st against lower scoring players.
    I play missions to score RP. With the current set-up I score far more RP than I did before. High scoring 2nds instead of low scoring solos. I see it as a win win !!
    This is a very good argument, Uncle John ;)
     Although I myself am the opposite of a fan of obscene amounts of gold being spent in the game, what you said above is undoubtedly true.

Added to which, even if you do not win the mission, you are likely to get more RP for being in a six-person mission than a solo.  I imagine I'm not the only person who just logged off when faced with the gloriousness of just my own company in a mission ( the company is good, but the RP is rubbish).
    Those solo missions were pretty pointless - a waste of time and resources.

I have messaged a few leaders and they all have the same thoughts about this change 
    I will tell you that this is the last  straw for me and my co-op 
    i got the same impressions from many others so i would appreciate some feedback 
    3 times more   rpts  needed now Come on now
    GGS just take a good hard look at this whole mess 
    Prizes are not even great either.... that's not we are even able too collect them now 
    we are not able too collect them now  sorry 
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    PCA (GB1) said:

Hi Uncle John,

I am afraid you did misread my message: I too had no solo missions. All missions with 6 players so far, just as you, including the one example mentioned above, if you care to read again my message :-)

And I am also aware that many players half my level are very competitive and not only can but actually do beat me by collecting far more than I do

But certainly not the poor level 14 or level 26 player who don't even have enough buildings to play that mission

So yes I agree with you on the fact that we score more reps with the current system which is free of solo missions, but as far as I am concerned, my opinion only, the lowest level players must be separated and have to be given a chance to do better than they can do if matched with players 100+ as they are now

A player level 14 who collects 80 corn in 30 minutes will not gain more reps ranking 6th in a mission against me, he/she would certainly gain more in a mission with 5 peer players  

:-) 

• tequila (IN1)tequila (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1
    hi,
    u r saying changes towards gold league coz they spend gold and u get revenue........but pleaseclarify.....as if u r promoting only high level players i dont wish to continue
    its not fair a lvl 62 with a levelel 200 +.....u should know urself unless u lack common sense
  • PlayerSamedi (INT1)PlayerSamedi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 206
    edited 04.04.2016
    I must wonder, why complicate with difficulty levels (easy, normal, expert)? Creating leagues was good enough! I like leagues but hate those modes, it is not fair to take 60% of RP, and for what? For more horseshoes? Bad, very bad.

I'm very dissapointed by the prizes, they're just not worth the time and effort invested, not to mention gold.

Boosters are waay to expensive, both coop boosters and player boosters.

Also, rewards for hard working players in coop are pathetic and insulting!
    At least you could give to 10 first players what they deserve!

When they anounced change in CC rewards, i thaught that it will be better, that someone else beside first coop will have the chance to win that coop apple orchard ( i thaught that 1st coop will get something else and other 2-10 coop apple orchard, which would be fair because no coop exept from one in INT1 never won that apple orchard), but nooo, it's even worse now.

As i see, the only positive thing is no more solo missions, all missions that i had was with 6 players which I love :)

Congratulations to GGS for the worst update ever! And congratulations also for managing that now i dislike the CC and that i don't have any desire to play it again.
    Post edited by PlayerSamedi (INT1) on
  • I am displeased with the rule that one must be online to get an award. One could work online for 6 hours and then need to log off for an hour or two. Lets say during that time, the two gold mining certificates are awarded. Under the new rule  I wouldnt get them.  It is a COOPERATIVE challenge. That means a group of people work together for the benefit of all.  This new system is discouraging and not very motivating.

Please change this rule!!  
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    @lynne farrell (US1) 
    It isn't a rule, it is a bug. They know about it and working to correct it
  • I would still like to see 2 separate Co op Challenges. One as it is and another set up for the non Gold users and buyers. Where it is farm against farm, player against player. Seems like a win win in my books. GGS still will get those who buy Gold and use it and be able to keep the rest of us players wanting to play.

agree 100% Data King! "Farm against farm, player against player" -- Play and strategize and use the strengths of your farm... never mind the use of gold
  • Is it really Day 4 with no communication by GGS?  Unbelievable.  The game server just shut down...... but why?
    Well wasn't this 6 1/2 days when we started?  hmmm  We seem to have lost over a day after that 'maintenance'  Piece of cake for that gold league!  Just keep spending!
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    I think the current co-op challenge is much better than the old one.  We seem to be varying between rank 15 - 25 in silver league, so I think we're representative of an average silver league co-op.  And while we had been getting only about 20/50 hard worker rewards before, we're on pace to get to maybe 40/50, so I think the target point is pretty good.  (Though it's still only about ~60% of the way to the top reward)

But I'll reiterate another comment in this thread, and suggest replacing the regular feed rewards with collectable items (manpower, teamwork, business cards, etc).  I think those are a much better reward since this is the co-op challenge, and it's fitting to get rewards that are used for the co-op, and regular feed is honestly a terrible reward.
Sign In to comment.