Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Feed in missions should be weighted by production time

Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
edited 02.04.2016 in Suggestions

I've just done a feed mission and it makes little strategic sense. The easiest thing to do is wet pigs feeds since they take the quickest time (and hence the cheapest in gold speed ups) and therefore it adds little value to add other feed that takes longer without any extra return.

My suggestion is to weigh the feed with a multiplier, depending on the production time. Donkey feed that takes 20 hours, duck feed that takes 15 hours, and cow feed that takes 13 hours, should not contribute the same trivial value as feed that takes about 9 minutes.

The feed missions need retuning.

Suggested weights (diminishing returns at longer production times):

• Wet pig feed x 1
  • Wet cow feed x 2
  • Chicken feed x 3
  • Pig feed x 5
  • Cow feed x 8
  • Duck feed x 10
  • Donkey feed x 12
Post edited by Rusty Farmer (AU1) on

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I like the idea Rusty but I'm not sure it would really change anything.
    atm WetFeed gives the most points per minute so we all mill WetFeed
    With weightings, something else would give the best points per minute so we would all mill that instead.
    Our own worst enemies  lol
  • I've just done a feed mission and it makes little strategic sense. The easiest thing to do is wet pigs feeds since they take the quickest time (and hence the cheapest in gold speed ups) and therefore it adds little value to add other feed that takes longer without any extra return.

My suggestion is to weigh the feed with a multiplier, depending on the production time. Donkey feed that takes 20 hours, duck feed that takes 15 hours, and cow feed that takes 13 hours, should not contribute the same trivial value as feed that takes about 9 minutes.

• Wet pig feed x 1
    • Wet cow feed x 2
    • Chicken feed x 3
    • Pig feed x 5
    • Cow feed x 8
    • Duck feed x 10
    • Donkey feed x 12
    i completely agree with it :)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    you realize none of this matters, since people would just mill whatever gives the most, and deepest pockets will win anyway

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 03.04.2016
    There's a difference between 9 gold to speed up for 200+ feed and 100s of gold. If the feeds were weighted, the spenders would still go for the 9 gold option I would say, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will get the best value. It give those that made the effort with long-term feed more of a shot.

Maybe you could have bonuses for using different types of feed during a mission. That is another possible option.
  • Maybe you could have bonuses for using different types of feed during a mission. That is another possible option.
    There is already a bonus for that .... Bigger yield. (With the exception of premium.)
    Please explain.
  •  :):D  
  • Please explain.
    If you use different feed you get different amounts of milk, pigs, eggs, so there is already a bonus for using them. (Premium feed doesn`t give more yield, just XP & 0 production costs).
    edited 04.04.2016
    I think Rusty meant milling different sorts of feed RWS, not feeding it to animals  :¬)

I suppose the other way to address the problem would be to change how much gold it takes to finish the Mill.
    atm ChickenFeed can be instantly finished for only 18 gold (gradually reducing to 1 as it gets nearer to normal finish time)
    I was surprised at how low this was. If it was 180 reducing to 1, it would be less attractive to gold.
    edited 04.04.2016
    Noooo...we do not need a gold price hike for ANYTHING unless you mean only during a mission. You could multiple the speedup gold price x 10 during all missions - that might slow down the gold spenders but that's not what GGS want.
  • I've just done a feed mission and it makes little strategic sense. The easiest thing to do is wet pigs feeds since they take the quickest time (and hence the cheapest in gold speed ups) and therefore it adds little value to add other feed that takes longer without any extra return.

• Wet pig feed x 1
    • Wet cow feed x 2
    • Chicken feed x 3
    • Pig feed x 5
    • Cow feed x 8
    • Duck feed x 10
    • Donkey feed x 12
    Of course this is using logic, common sense from a player. But GGS do not use the same logic as players, GGS do not want us to put in crops and log off for hours, notice how we can get more event drop items from harvesting wf or corn for a few hours than we get from milk, apples, CHERRIES  ( 13 hours and often get nothing). So while to us it seems logical to get more for the donkey/cow feed we are not playing the game for as many hours that GGS would like. While on I noticed another maintenance shut down in the middle of a co-op challenge, and what was GGS doing shutting us down on a Sunday night ! overtime ?  :#
    Noooo...we do not need a gold price hike for ANYTHING unless you mean only during a mission. You could multiple the speedup gold price x 10 during all missions - that might slow down the gold spenders but that's not what GGS want.
    Sorry Rusty, I was not thinking.  doh!
    (Although, seeing as I never buy gold and only spend it on things of permanent benefit, they could up the hurry-up price of things by 10 or 100 or 1000 without it actually affecting me   lol)  
  • I think Rusty meant milling different sorts of feed RWS, not feeding it to animals  :¬)

I suppose the other way to address the problem would be to change how much gold it takes to finish the Mill.
    atm ChickenFeed can be instantly finished for only 18 gold (gradually reducing to 1 as it gets nearer to normal finish time)
    I was surprised at how low this was. If it was 180 reducing to 1, it would be less attractive to gold.
    In the original post yes, I was answering the later one that said "Maybe you could have bonuses for using different types of feed during a mission. That is another possible option."

I agree with Rusty, no price increases, they messed things up enough already, both the new feeds are even cheaper than chicken feed & completly pointless as a mission. In fact I don`t like any of the new missions, seems to me there is nothing about them that is aimed at actually growing/producing those things, they are all about the speedups.
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    I really don't think waiting to collect a mill full of Wheat that was running overnight "effort" or should be valued higher than someone simply milling wet pig feed. It's no more valuable than the work people do who actually sit there playing the mission. =)
    Like others said already, everyone will just pick whatever fits their costs and produces the fastest.
    For example, right now I won't make wet pig feed because I'm full on it and won't sell it since it's a loss.
    We all have to make choices between cutting profits and winning missions, it's just how missions work. ^-^

I will agree though that skipping wet pig feed with gold is a bit too cheap. But that's probably because the skip cost seems to depend on the time remaining, not the product being milled. ;_;
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 01.12.2017

I've just done a feed mission and it makes little strategic sense. The easiest thing to do is wet pigs feeds since they take the quickest time (and hence the cheapest in gold speed ups) and therefore it adds little value to add other feed that takes longer without any extra return.

• Wet pig feed x 1
    • Wet cow feed x 2
    • Chicken feed x 3
    • Pig feed x 5
    • Cow feed x 8
    • Duck feed x 10
    • Donkey feed x 12
    I agree with it.  The initial harvest of long time feeds should account for around half of the amount of the total if the player makes wet pig feed for most of the 30 minutes.  Could also add:
    Goat feed: 6 points

Other farm supplies:
    Fertilizer: 10 points
    Liquid fertilizer: 14 points
    Humus: 75 points

The 4 types of crop missions require full attention at the main farm.  Many players will be bored if they are only allowed to stay on the main farm and not able to do things on the other 5 farms.  They would have to roll a 50-50 chance to do any of the other 4 that require only 1 harvest on each building that is involved.  

I suggest combining the missions for wildflowers, corn, rutabaga, and alfalfa into a main farm crop mission that is weighted on how long each crop is.  This will increase the effectiveness of special seeds and long time seeds such as wheat and lambs lettuce.  Does not include event crops.  I also suggest adding a choice of 2 missions each time so players who dont have stackmaster can have at least some choices.  It will also give the choice of missions for long term harvests or for actively producing.  

In the future when the development team is better at balancing and provides some choices for missions instead of only random roll, I can probably suggest adding more types of missions such as orchard fruits, Final products(Bakery, shop, and Mermaid bay), fishing, Deep sea fishing, etc
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I honestly think they should leave the feed thing alone.  In the long run, it makes little or no difference to players -- just like dung -- should everything be weighed based on length of time to produce?  It's just missions, for Pete's sake.  And people who use gold to speed things up already have a distinct advantage over those who don't. 
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 02.12.2017
    I honestly think they should leave the feed thing alone.  In the long run, it makes little or no difference to players -- just like dung -- should everything be weighed based on length of time to produce?  It's just missions, for Pete's sake.  And people who use gold to speed things up already have a distinct advantage over those who don't. 
    I think that the missions should be designed for both very active players that use quick processes for lots of small harvests and less active players that use long processes with big harvests.  
Sign In to comment.