Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Updates March 22nd & 31st - The new Coop Challenge Discussion

Comments

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    It would be helpful if the Mission window showed the league each player was in. 
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    100% right lesley. Bus as Latten told,he was not sure that there would be RP-Offers this C-C. Now we know why the server goes down so often. The server cannot keep up with the special-offers wich are be sold. And we know what kind of excuses we will hear or read. I am sorry,We did not know it. 
    At least now the offer is at the second day and not at the last 3 hours,wich makes it very easy for a lot of players to don do any missions more at all during the C-C
    They will continue to have these offers throughout the championship, and a pig push again in the dying hours.
  • Day 2 and I'm at reward 42 out of 50. They could really add more otherwise it's going to be a very boring 3 last days.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    CM Popeye, do you know why I will have like $250,000 when I go to bed and when I get up the next day, I have only $77?
    You may want to send a report to support regarding your missing money. Remember they do not work weekends. Or send CM Popeye a message ;)
    Its already a boring championship. Can't even motivate anyone to play as only 3 in 29 members are actually on. The coop championship has always been optional to play for members of my coop, and there is even less interest in it than ever before.
    Besides, how can I entice my coop to try for these rewards? "Hey guys, let's really go for it: our next reward is wet pig feed!" LOL
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    @Data King, that is what I have thought since the very first CC.  At the moment it is a challenge to see who has the biggest bank balance - I understand GGS is a business and has to make a profit but at the moment it has turned into more of a 'Spend to Win' game rather than a 'Work hard to Win' game.  We are always being told by GGS that certain parts of the game is balanced to make it fairer to all players, yet how is it fair for players to be able to buy their win?  Hope something changes soon or I might have to start looking for another game to play.  I am a gold buyer, by the way, but am very careful with my money and stick to a tight budget on what I spend on gold.  I think there are better ways to spend my gold than attempting to win a low happiness deco, weekly event deco's are more useful.
  • Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    Starting this event on a Friday and checking out for the weekend with deafening silence to all the negative feedback is another nail in their coffin of disrespect.  It was clearly an experiment to see how much people are still willing to pay like sheep for garbage prizes, but since there are clearly addicts who will fuel the race to the bottom, I don't see why they will care.

Of course, soon there will end up being no players of the game except those few left willing to literally throw money down the drain for achieving nothing, and the downward spiral of greed will continue.  The ship is sinking, and the writing is on the wall, if something doesn't reverse course quickly.  GGS greed is short-sighted and has long-lasting consequences.  When a game loses integrity of core gameplay and most of its player base, it has nothing.
    edited 02.04.2016
    I would still like to see 2 separate Co op Challenges. 1 for the Gold spenders and 1 for the non Gold spenders. Then and only then are we actually going to be able to compete farm against farm, player against player. Seems like a win win in my books. The GGS still get their Gold sold from the Gold spenders buying. We as players get the chance to compete against other players and farms rather than against deep pockets.
    They could call the first one the Deep Wallet Cup, and the other the Player's Cup
  • I would still like to see 2 separate Co op Challenges. 1 for the Gold spenders and 1 for the non Gold spenders. Then and only then are we actually going to be able to compete farm against farm, player against player. Seems like a win win in my books. The GGS still get their Gold sold from the Gold spenders buying. We as players get the chance to compete against other players and farms rather than against deep pockets.
    Perhaps it is because I play on the Dutch server (which is not very big) but I almost only compete against players who spend gold just like me. That was my experience in the previous cc and it hasn't changed (for me)
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    I would still like to see 2 separate Co op Challenges. 1 for the Gold spenders and 1 for the non Gold spenders. Then and only then are we actually going to be able to compete farm against farm, player against player. Seems like a win win in my books. The GGS still get their Gold sold from the Gold spenders buying. We as players get the chance to compete against other players and farms rather than against deep pockets.
    They could call the first one the Deep Wallet Cup, and the other the Player's Cup
    Two separate leagues - the Golden Cruisers on the one side, and the Hardcore Fools, on the other ... and never the twain shall meet >:)    I like it.

Would probably be hard to implement, though.

AND, I always use that one gold piece per field to finish my SP Wildflowers right at the end.
     Arrrgggghh, I can't do missions without my one gold piece per field ... !!

But all jokes aside, I really, really wish such a thing (2 separate Co op Challenges. 1 for the Gold spenders and 1 for the non Gold spenders) was possible.

• Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    And after this BIG event(financialy) for GGS you can bet your money on it that we will have soon more frequently a C-C with NEW EXCITING rewards to win.
  • timvalen (US1)timvalen (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 02.04.2016

So I'm confused.   I read all the information before the challenge started.  I thought that we were to be divided into divisions within leagues with Gold, Silver, Bronze being the main core and Rookie for the new/not previously competed Coops. 

So - there are 1180 (not all active) Coops on our server.

8 are in Gold League  (1 Division)

8 are in Silver League (1 Division)

16 are in Bronze League (1 Division)

The rest of us "based on our finishing position in the last challenge" are all in Rookie League.  YaY! So with 372 Coops competing (the other 776 in our league have yet to start)  for 4 promotion places this is going to be really good fun - especially as we could win - wait for it - 4 Sunflower Seeds - as our max Hard work reward!!!!

AND If we win the whole League (1/1148) we get 2 gold flower seeds and 4 WoF tokens....

Our Coop normally finishes around 40th - but our hard work rewards used to include some decorations etc - that were especially nice for the new members and could be broken up by the rest of the team.  This time - not a deco to be had.

Surely the top 100 Coops or so should be in the Real Leagues??? 30/30/40?  3/3/4 Divisions? 

So I start a mission - 2 of the others in it are in gold league and make 70k eggs and 90k eggs in 30 mins - I can see the attraction for them to spend gold - they have prizes at stake.... but just how much real money should one invest in the prospect of getting 4 Sunflower Seeds????   Even if, by some miracle - my Coop wins the Rookie league - 2 Gold Seeds?  Uhm - well lets see - if we all got 1000 gold each (more likely 300!!)  then 2 x 1000 x 17 (members) = 34K max prize for the entire Coop -......(or 2 x 300 x 17 = 10,200)   -  Yup - definitely worth spending on (not)

Apart from the top 32 Coops - what is the point for the rest of us?

EDIT - Now I'm even more confused - how did this end up on the US Forum when I went from the link on the GB one and how do I move it?!

Wow, we have 40 cooperatives in our silver league.  Silver gets 11 sunflowers, and whatever else. 
  • timvalen (US1)timvalen (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 03.04.2016
     All in all I like the new system, from the new boosters to the new leagues.

Post edited by timvalen (US1) on
  • So I'm confused.   I read all the information before the challenge started.  I thought that we were to be divided into divisions within leagues with Gold, Silver, Bronze being the main core and Rookie for the new/not previously competed Coops. 

So - there are 1180 (not all active) Coops on our server.

8 are in Gold League  (1 Division)

8 are in Silver League (1 Division)

16 are in Bronze League (1 Division)

The rest of us "based on our finishing position in the last challenge" are all in Rookie League.  YaY! So with 372 Coops competing (the other 776 in our league have yet to start)  for 4 promotion places this is going to be really good fun - especially as we could win - wait for it - 4 Sunflower Seeds - as our max Hard work reward!!!!

AND If we win the whole League (1/1148) we get 2 gold flower seeds and 4 WoF tokens....

Our Coop normally finishes around 40th - but our hard work rewards used to include some decorations etc - that were especially nice for the new members and could be broken up by the rest of the team.  This time - not a deco to be had.

Surely the top 100 Coops or so should be in the Real Leagues??? 30/30/40?  3/3/4 Divisions? 

So I start a mission - 2 of the others in it are in gold league and make 70k eggs and 90k eggs in 30 mins - I can see the attraction for them to spend gold - they have prizes at stake.... but just how much real money should one invest in the prospect of getting 4 Sunflower Seeds????   Even if, by some miracle - my Coop wins the Rookie league - 2 Gold Seeds?  Uhm - well lets see - if we all got 1000 gold each (more likely 300!!)  then 2 x 1000 x 17 (members) = 34K max prize for the entire Coop -......(or 2 x 300 x 17 = 10,200)   -  Yup - definitely worth spending on (not)

Apart from the top 32 Coops - what is the point for the rest of us?

EDIT - Now I'm even more confused - how did this end up on the US Forum when I went from the link on the GB one and how do I move it?!

Wow, we have 40 cooperatives in our silver league.  Silver gets 11 sunflowers, and whatever else. 
    scroll down there are 20 in gold, 40 in sliver, 80 in bronze, and I am not counting rookie because too many ties
    There are 2 Divisions of 40 each in Silver (see arrow pointing to the side). Bronze has 4 Divisions.
    On the whole I like it too.  The Hard Work prizes could use some tinkering.....no speedy feed, please.
  • There are 2 Divisions of 40 each in Silver (see arrow pointing to the side). Bronze has 4 Divisions.
    Thanks, I for one didn't catch that :)
    Thank every one for the additional comments on the 2 separate Co op Challenges! Keep them coming!! :)
    edited 02.04.2016

Rather than complaining, I would recommend doing what it takes to build your farms and get into the higher leagues, just like everyone else did.  None of us started out at the top.

You're kidding, right? It has nothing to do with building up your farms. It only depends on buying and spending gold. My farm is pretty well built-up, and I am often beaten by smaller farms who use gold. Since I don't use gold or boosters, we will always remain in the lower leagues.
  • hendo (US1)hendo (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    I wonder what would happen if we all boycotted the game for one day at least , do you think we will be heard!
    like any business unless they want our custom yet the complaining still goes on.  Lets all try to all come together as one and stop playing Monday when everyone from GG come into work to find the game at a stand still.
    We act as one we have the power to change things divided we fall..
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    This deal which I can buy 200 times creased me up + decided my future with CC Play no more Just take time out
    That offer in itself is a disgrace and I have to question the mentality of a person that takes it and then goes on to either taunt others or claim they "won" a competition. The fact is that this CC more than others in the past is based purely on gold buying and gold spending.

But wait i'm expecting much much worse.....what are the chances that there will be a "favourites offer" in the last few hours of this competition selling millions of reputation points for obscene amounts of gold? I feel bad for leaders of groups that do the hard yards for 6 days only to have it snatched away by appalling GGS offers right at the end. How does one motivate a group for a week and/or lift morale when their top 3 spot or win gets stolen away by hot deals?
  • Personally, I prefer the new Co-op Championships Wheel prize for the top 5 over the Hot Deals.

It's a bit more subtle, and limited to the 5 players with the deepest pockets.   :D

All kidding aside, I really don't mind gold usage while playing missions. I think it can be great fun. But, it should not have to be a requirement, as it seems to be now, to advance with any real expectation of rewards. And those rewards are mighty small with the new event.
  • patty1 (GB1)patty1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8
     Placid Oasis are 1st, The Ranch, 2nd, Large Estates 3rd.

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I think the new CC is already set in stone by those who have bought  seaweed,boosters,hot deals ,played on CC wheel of fortune and spent gold ,so we will have the CC several times a year. Whoever gets CC tree in gold league,it will cost them a small fortune to keep it,putting a huge smile on GGS and their investors faces. Me I bought gold before no more.
  • Mira (US1)Mira (US1) Posts: 103
    Gold usage during missions and buying the result are two entirely different things.  All the boosters in the world don't matter when you can outright buy RP from the wheel of fortune.  There is no "work", team, or strategy involved in pouring money down the drain to see who can do so the most quickly.  It's absurd if anyone thinks that is actual gameplay, instead of addiction.

One provides fun, otherwise known as entertainment, which is what normal people seek when playing games.  The other is just cheating to the end and devalues any actual work or progress of people who put in time actually playing the game.  It's the same devaluation that occurred when GGS sold high-end decos that were meant to be rare prizes from Santa's workshop.  Why should anyone work, i.e. play the game, when you can just buy it anyway?

For players to have goals requires that there be prizes that money can't buy outright without putting in actual play time.  And for anyone to be expected to work hard playing, there needs to be a prize that can't be achieved elsewhere, like a special orchard.

There's a reason successful competitive games don't function this way, because once achievements become meaningless, there is no reason for most people to play any more.  All you're doing is shortening the lifespan of your game, or milking the cow as quickly as possible, which leads me and others to believe the ship is sinking quickly and is one more reason not to ever spend any more money on it again.

I can't even believe I used the word competitive in a sentence while discussing a farming game.  This game promotes more absurd wasting of cash than any other I've seen, including the most intensive RPGs, which is saying quite a lot.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Well said Mira! I agree...and how stupid will these players feel if this game does get shut down in a few months? Hundreds if not thousands of dollars real money wasted with nothing to show for it at the end. I wonder if we will feel sorry for them? I'm not sure I will, as bad as that sounds.
  • patty1 (GB1)patty1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8
    You can view all the co op rankings by clicking on the leagues and clicking on the 123 block. Hope this helps. xx
    I would still like to see 2 separate Co op Challenges. One as it is and another set up for the non Gold users and buyers. Where it is farm against farm, player against player. Seems like a win win in my books. GGS still will get those who buy Gold and use it and be able to keep the rest of us players wanting to play.
  • Solmar (US1)Solmar (US1) Posts: 72
    edited 03.04.2016
    This coop championship event is terrible. I thought they would make it more fair but they didn't. I thought the leagues are supposed to be based on the level of the coop - that would make more sense. I am in the bronze league and the top scoring coop right now has coop level 113?! I thought this was supposed to be a league for low level coops with few members! This promotion/demotion thing is stupid nonsense, and doesn't really help the game to be more fair. The leagues should be based on the level of coops and number of members...
  • poss (US1)poss (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    Could someone explain to me as to why there is such a huge difference in what silver league has to have in rep points to collect all 50 hard work rewards than gold has to have..?  I think a 85 mil jump between silver and gold is insane .  I guess add it to the list of unfairness in this challenge.
Sign In to comment.