Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Co-op Leader

Good evening everyone! I have been placed the Co-op leader by the founder since mid summer.  She asked me to take over since she was so busy.  I agreed and now am regretting it terribly.  We have a max of 19 members allowed (3 of which are her accounts) and she told me to remove any players with a red light.  Well, needless to say, she has not been on since Halloween or so.  I have a real hard time removing other players when she herself is on red and has been for a long time. Now, the one other gal that I have become close with and basically the only other player in our c0-op that helps with research, missions and challenges has left.  I am really torn what to do, as I play everyday and want to be on a co-op that grows, but don't know how to leave. I mean, I do know how to exit a co-op, but what do I do about being the leader, when the founder is NEVER online for me to tell her I am moving on. Do I just walk or ask one of the other few members that are online to take the position? Feeling very frustrated because I really like this game, but want my time and monetary donations to mean something to other co-op members. Any advice would be grateful and helpful! Thanks in advance

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hey MicheleGiles take a deep breath.
     As you were given the leader ship role it is now up to you. You make the rules & enforce them and if needed make new rules.
     Real life can play a big part in how much time one has to play. If the former leader/founder has not been back with in a reasonable amount of time, in your books, then remove them. You can always send them an invite to re join once you have removed them.
     If it is getting too much for you as well then ask your deputies if they would like to take over as leader. As for exiting the co op just click on the 4th tab at the bottom of your screen "Multiplayer features" then click on cooperative. Once that screen shows there is a door near the bottom right to exit the co op.
     I would suggest, if this is your intentions, then let the other members of your co op know what is going on. This will give them a chance to decide whether to stay or find another co op as well. Hope this helps a little :)
  • Thanks for your response Data King. Part of me really bad just wants to remove her and her other 2 accounts and stay on.  I feel guilty about doing that though, since she founded it 2 years ago..  But it really ticks me off that I should leave when I have invested and deposited so much gold and dollars into the co-op, I currently only have one other deputy, and he is an on-call airline pilot, so only on occasionally.  Like I said in my original message, my third deputy just left, due to no help or chances of improving with the current situation we are in. UGGHHHH! This is making this game no fun anymore, I just want to play and chat, not stress over who and when to remove them.

Thanks again and have a great day! 

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 03.02.2016
    Hello, Michele! Like you, I was faced with having to remove our cooperative's Founder. I finally had to face the fact that our Founder wasn't going to return to the game, so I removed her. But before I did, I sent a group message to my members telling them what I was about to do and requested that they send messages to her inbox so she would know how much we missed her. So we sent her off, but with honors. :)  One thing that a good leader must do is to put their personal feelings aside and do what's best for the cooperative. I think your members will understand that. It's not always easy, but you have to remove the members who aren't active. If they aren't playing, they aren't helping your coop to accomplish your goals and are occupying  valuable spaces that you could fill with productive farmers. I wish you all the best as cooperative leader!  :)  
  • Thank you Farmerjohn! I have sent an email to her and removed 2 of her 3 accounts.

I appreciate your help and advice :)

Michele

• Thank you Farmerjohn! I have sent an email to her and removed 2 of her 3 accounts.

I appreciate your help and advice :)

Michele

Did you know that by GGS terms of service, she shouldn't even have more than one farm per server? So, in reality, she was violating the TOS of GGS could have blocked her. You are justified in removing all of her accounts, but I understand why you only removed 2. With 3 accounts, there was no way she could efficiently help your co-op. 
  • Michele,
    You were told to remove all red players, therefore if you do so you are only following directions -- nothing to feel guilty about!   When my members go red I send a msg before they are booted and tell them that if and when they return to the game and will be on at least once a week they will be readmitted if there is room.
    Good luck with you Co op
  • Good evening everyone! I have been placed the Co-op leader by the founder since mid summer.  She asked me to take over since she was so busy.  I agreed and now am regretting it terribly.  We have a max of 19 members allowed (3 of which are her accounts) and she told me to remove any players with a red light.  Well, needless to say, she has not been on since Halloween or so.  I have a real hard time removing other players when she herself is on red and has been for a long time. Now, the one other gal that I have become close with and basically the only other player in our c0-op that helps with research, missions and challenges has left.  I am really torn what to do, as I play everyday and want to be on a co-op that grows, but don't know how to leave. I mean, I do know how to exit a co-op, but what do I do about being the leader, when the founder is NEVER online for me to tell her I am moving on. Do I just walk or ask one of the other few members that are online to take the position? Feeling very frustrated because I really like this game, but want my time and monetary donations to mean something to other co-op members. Any advice would be grateful and helpful! Thanks in advance
    It is now YOUR cooperative.  Do what you need to do, up to and including removing the old leader. You can always let him/her back in later. It is probably in your best interest to remove inactive players. MAKE EXECUTIVE DECISIONS! You are IT, the Leader, the boss, the Big Cheese. Send me a message in-game if you need any assistance, I like sharing my wealth of knowledge with others, Maybe because I'm a bit narcissistic?
  • I was reading the message above and have a similar problem.  I am a deputy, and when the coop leader knew she would be gone for awhile she made me the coop leader,  When she returned I gave the position back to her.  Now she is gone again for over two weeks. We don't know where she is at or what is going on.  Our problem is that we have 6 inactive members in the red,  I know she is the only one that can remove them.  How an I get the coop leadership back  if she is not here to give it to me or one of the other deputies.  Can you please help us on what to do.  Our fingers are tired at the moment, and can't do anything.

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

I was reading the message above and have a similar problem.  I am a deputy, and when the coop leader knew she would be gone for awhile she made me the coop leader,  When she returned I gave the position back to her.  Now she is gone again for over two weeks. We don't know where she is at or what is going on.  Our problem is that we have 6 inactive members in the red,  I know she is the only one that can remove them.  How an I get the coop leadership back  if she is not here to give it to me or one of the other deputies.  Can you please help us on what to do.  Our fingers are tired at the moment, and can't do anything.

At this point there is not much you can do but wait.  :(
    After about 32 days from her last log in the leadership will pass on to the next highest active deputy. So you and the remaining members have a choice, stay and wait it out or leave that co op. I suggest you send a message to the remain active players in your group and see what they want to do, stay and wait or go and join another co op. If you send me a message I maybe able to help you and the remaining members out with an option. ;)
  • If you want to start anew, I am looking for someone to take over as leader of my co-op.  Tried to get a deputy to take over, but no one seems interested. There is room for members, and you can take whomever you want with you.  Shoot me a line. Farmer Clem at Mystery farms

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file