Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

264 feed only counts as 24 why?

I am wondering why 264 feed only counts as 24 and not 26 on events and side tasks.   Thought this would have been fixed by now.   Anyone have an answer?
Thanks

Comments

• The game is counting the number of BATCHES started. A batch is normally 10, but I suspect you have a library book making a batch 11 for you.

24 batches * 11 feed/batch = 264 feed

• Ok, so upgrading the mill to the new level only makes more feed and doesn't help at all with events and side tasks.
  • Upgrading the mill lets you do more batches at once, and each batch takes a bit less time, so that helps with tasks that ask you to "start feed" a certain number of times.

Feed library books give you more feed per batch, but don't help with the "start feed" tasks.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Ok, so upgrading the mill to the new level only makes more feed and doesn't help at all with events and side tasks.
    Upgrading the mill lets you do more batches at once, and each batch takes a bit less time, so that helps with tasks that ask you to "start feed" a certain number of times.

Feed library books give you more feed per batch, but don't help with the "start feed" tasks.
    as well upgrading your mill is one of the side tasks which earns you more exp.
     I believe there area side tasks to upgrade the mill to level 5.
  • my mill is at level 7   don't really see that it was a benefit as well as the book as it doesn't help at all with events and side tasks.  If a batch is 10 except if you have the added benefit of the book giving 11 the benefit of extra is lost.

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I see the benefit of upgrading your mill.
     Look at making a single batch of any type of feed weather or not you have the library books for feed. As you your mill goes up the time to make that 1 batch goes down meaning you can make more feed in lees time. This is a benefit for the weekly events that require feed starts. Being able to get through it sooner and the side tasks/quest give you some exp points to help you as a player level up also a benefit as I see it.
  • edited 12.03.2016
    I will agree with the mill, I guess it is the books that I have a problem with.  I bought the books to help with events and tasks and they don't help so are a waste of gold in my mind.  I thought a batch was 10 and didn't realize that it was not longer 10 if you had the books and therefore is not a help with "begin production".  Would rather spend gold to harvest early if needed.
    If it's feed animals, much more cost effective to build extra buildings for the event.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
     @DxrxbillingGame (US1)  Remember too that although most event tasks ask you to start production x number of times, some events ask you to collect x amount of feed. For the collect feed task, the feed collected would be higher with the books.
  • edited 12.03.2016
    no, you only get credit for 11 per batch, not 10  . . .   that is my point.  as for the 1 extra feed per "batch"  if feeding 1 extra animal per 10 batches will make a huge difference to your farm (which it won't)  the books for feed are useless and a waste of gold.

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Yes, in this event it only counts batches started. But there is another event that counts how much you collect.

• Ok, so you can get an extra 24 per production on one event.   I don't see the benefit of spending the gold for the books in order to help you on 1 of the events.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file