Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 23rd - Winter Wheels - Discussion

Comments

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    if you reread the update information it says "This task is a personal task and will not appear for every player at the same time"
  • Great!!!!!   Lester asks for my help for his customers and I say yes and it drives my customers away! 
    The infrequency of the customers coming to the market is going to make me tell Lester to take a hikenext time, unless something changes..  I was getting customers very frequently, now hardly any!  :'(   
  • Sheriziya (NL1)Sheriziya (NL1) Posts: 131
    edited 24.02.2016
    Just to be sure: Were we all supposed to have him visiting at some point yesterday? Or can we expect him.... "sometime"? Cause he hasn't visited my farm yet... Just curious here.

CM Latten said:

You could give us a little more detail...........Would he be coming back  daily?  weekly?  monthly?

I don't think it is unreasonable for us to want a little guide on how frequent this might happen.
    If I'm not mistaken, he will come within 1-3 weeks-ish when you're not successful, and with a pause of roughly about a month or two if you finish the event successfully. But, as with all personal offers and events, I can't give you any specifics ('cause there are no specifics) :)

"Not succesful": I assume that's not having fullfilled the orders and it's not about NOT taking him up on his gold offer? Just to be sure, so that I know what to tell my coop members.
  • Nemej (CZ1)Nemej (CZ1) Posts: 220
    i don´t understand why it is called "event" and not offer.  many people want to play this offer, because it is "event" 

theoretically....
    1.now i was asked for 270 000 gold...so I will preper for next offer - waiting for 150% offer i will buy 270 000 gold, - first 150% 

2. i will wait for this "event" and spend gold - another 100%

but..i am afraid, with 270 000 on my account i will be asked for 500 000 gold :D 

• jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    i don´t understand why it is called "event" and not offer.  many people want to play this offer, because it is "event" 

theoretically....
    1.now i was asked for 270 000 gold...so I will preper for next offer - waiting for 150% offer i will buy 270 000 gold, - first 150% 

2. i will wait for this "event" and spend gold - another 100%

but..i am afraid, with 270 000 on my account i will be asked for 500 000 gold :D 

lol Then you will fall into the trap :)
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 24.02.2016
    Still don't have Lester but think gold part of his up coming deal is very underhand and shady . Like others said just 100% free offer in disguise . The amounts read about seem to be what people have spent since starting to play,its worrying for me because some people may buy into this  "event" and buy stuff that would not buy even with 200% Hot Deal  .:o
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    Lester second task spend 250,000 gold.

GGS as lost it mind!

• jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    - After helping out, Lester is grateful and will make you a compelling offer: Spend gold in the next 24 hours (up to a certain amount), and he will pay you back on the next day! This will get you a lot of premium items for free.

Well that statement is not true. A member of my co-op bought the 36,000 gold specified by Lester. Once she spent the gold, Lester immediately gave her the 36,000 back and Lester left the farm. However, she did NOT receive any premium items from the deal.

Actually, you can get premium items for free. It all depends on what you spend your gold on. Lester doesn't give any extra rewards other than returning your gold but if you bought library books during that time, you will get your gold back for them making them free. :)

I didn't have enough gold to complete the task but I did some testing on the library books and donating to the co-op. They do count so you can get library books for free if you purchase them during Lester's deal. I'm not sure about other things such as buying horses with gold or using gold for Omar or Benny. It would be interesting to see if those count as well.

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I thank you all for sharing hard to believe what they are asking for in gold with lester I agree with Kupk is it possible to spend that much gold even if architetect in well if Island was running to probably 550000 could be spent but still that is a ridiculous amt to be asking for even 87000 is a lot without the architect hard to spend in a more mature farm that is already built and all filled. I dont know who dreams this up but for most player this is more nightmarish.
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83

I'm pretty sure there are people in jails for running similar Ponzi Schemes....LOL

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I think the amounts that Lester is asking for might be a little high.  Perhaps they could be cut by half?
  • Fran Farm (US1)Fran Farm (US1) US1 Posts: 22

Lester's gold deal is not working.  I had Lester came to my farm yesterday.  and I had fulfill his customer's order.  I had the gold deal where I can spent up to 180,000 gold in 24 hours and it will be replaced.  the 24 hours is over and no gold is replaced.  now my gold balance is zero.  and not happy about it.  I have email a message to support.  Thanks

• I think the amounts that Lester is asking for might be a little high.  Perhaps they could be cut by half?
    @gavinfarms (US1)  Some of them do sound crazy high, but mine was 33,000 which seems pretty reasonable in comparison. Maybe there are a lot more lower ones out there, but more of the high ones have posted.
  • its clear here this event is made for heavy coiners and rules unclear one says up to that amount everybody else is saying has to be that amount very vague somebody needs to get thier head out of the clouds
  • Erynn (US1)Erynn (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 24.02.2016
    I wish I had not seen Popeye's post about Lester and the gold quest first.  I went ahead and believed him, and am now out all my gold.  I will recover from this... but sorry Popeye I will have to have other confirmation in order to believe you again.

this is what I read from September : Sounds good(: May I clarify the following:

- After helping out, Lester is grateful and will make you a compelling offer: Spend gold in the next 24 hours (up to a certain amount), and he will pay you back on the next day! This will get you a lot of premium items for free.

If I'm hearing you correctly, this means that after spending gold for this task, we will receive the same amount spent the next day?

Popeye confirmed this  to September in the next post.  Silly me, I believed him.  I did get the items I paid for in gold, but no reimbursement from Lester.  He is just gone.
  • samsongrg (US1)samsongrg (US1) Posts: 1
    edited 24.02.2016
    I still haven't seen the crazy ******* but based on the rants, I'm not super excited he hasn't shown. I was just wandering, since we'll be stuck with him for a while, can he simply be ignored when he asks to spend gold? And can I just entertain my customers as usual? Thanks :-)
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • monica1230 (US1)monica1230 (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 24.02.2016
    I still haven't seen the crazy ******* but based on the rants, I'm not super excited he hasn't shown. I was just wandering, since we'll be stuck with him for a while, can he simply be ignored when he asks to spend gold? And can I just entertain my customers as usual? Thanks :-)
    I filled the 10 offers, got his crazy gold spending offer which I am ignoring and going out of my way to not spend even 1 gold in the time he is here.  I am still getting new walkers and can fill their orders.  When I was doing the 10 for Lester you are able to skip the ones you don't want to fill like you normally do and it doesn't mess up the counter.  Next time he appears I will say no thanks and hope he walks away
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 24.02.2016
    I still haven't seen the crazy ******* but based on the rants, I'm not super excited he hasn't shown. I was just wandering, since we'll be stuck with him for a while, can he simply be ignored when he asks to spend gold? And can I just entertain my customers as usual? Thanks :-)
    I filled the 10 offers, got his crazy gold spending offer which I am ignoring and going out of my way to not spend even 1 gold in the time he is here.  I am still getting new walkers and can fill their orders.  When I was doing the 10 for Lester you are able to skip the ones you don't want to fill like you normally do and it doesn't mess up the counter.  Next time he appears I will say no thanks and hope he walks away
    Hear hear Monica!!! :+1: :smiley:  (I intend to do exactly the same!)
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83

Well that statement is not true. A member of my co-op bought the 36,000 gold specified by Lester. Once she spent the gold, Lester immediately gave her the 36,000 back and Lester left the farm. However, she did NOT receive any premium items from the deal.

Actually, you can get premium items for free. It all depends on what you spend your gold on. Lester doesn't give any extra rewards other than returning your gold but if you bought library books during that time, you will get your gold back for them making them free. :)

I didn't have enough gold to complete the task but I did some testing on the library books and donating to the co-op. They do count so you can get library books for free if you purchase them during Lester's deal. I'm not sure about other things such as buying horses with gold or using gold for Omar or Benny. It would be interesting to see if those count as well.

Do you have to complete the entire gold amount to get it back? ie, if I spent 10K on Library books, but Lester was asking for 50K, would I get the 10K back?

edited 24.02.2016
    I wish I had not seen Popeye's post about Lester and the gold quest first.  I went ahead and believed him, and am now out all my gold.  I will recover from this... but sorry Popeye I will have to have other confirmation in order to believe you again.

this is what I read from September : Sounds good(: May I clarify the following:

If I'm hearing you correctly, this means that after spending gold for this task, we will receive the same amount spent the next day?

Popeye confirmed this  to September in the next post.  Silly me, I believed him.  I did get the items I paid for in gold, but no reimbursement from Lester.  He is just gone.

Did you spend the full amount of gold Lester asked you to spend? If not you will not get your gold back. You have to spend the full amount he's asking for. Even if you spent more than he asked, you will only get back the amount he wants you to spend. If you did spend the full amount you should have received your gold and you should contact support.

Do you have to complete the entire gold amount to get it back? ie, if I spent 10K on Library books, but Lester was asking for 50K, would I get the 10K back?

Yes, you would have to spend the full 50K to get your gold back.
  • Do you have to complete the entire gold amount to get it back? ie, if I spent 10K on Library books, but Lester was asking for 50K, would I get the 10K back?

From what I understand from reading the answers on the EN forum, you MUST spend the ENTIRE amount Lester asks you to spend in order to get your gold back.  If he asked you for 50K, and you spend 49,999 gold, you get nothing back.  If you spend 51K, you get 50K back.  You only get back the amount he asked you to spend.

I am soooo glad I dismissed him and didn't bother with this one.
  • This is why I should not have believed Popeye when he used the words "up to" in his own post, and in his confirmation to September.  "Up to" was only in Popeye's mind, not Lester's.  

I'm glad for anyone that didn't bother with this one.  Wish I were one of you!
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    I think the amounts that Lester is asking for might be a little high.  Perhaps they could be cut by half?
    @gavinfarms (US1)  Some of them do sound crazy high, but mine was 33,000 which seems pretty reasonable in comparison. Maybe there are a lot more lower ones out there, but more of the high ones have posted.

@RunsWivScissors (GB1) 

Scissors I think the point is not really how large the sum Lester asks you to spend, but whether or not you have this sum or he is asking you to buy it first and then spend it.   

So far all the people I talked to who had Lester were asked to spend more than they have, hence were indirectly asked to buy gold with a little bonus 

@Latten

This is actually a good question for Latten:   

could you please explain to us why a simple in game advertising and sale has been disguised to appear as an event ? Thanks in advance !! 

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i think when popeye was saying "up to" he ment that lester would not pay you if you went over the amount he asked for i do not belive he thought people would take it the other way as in you could use less then what was wanted and get it back
  • the last hour of the gold spending 24 hrs a larger box with a timer counting down appears, and creates game lag that reloading doesn't fix. 
    On the EN forum Latten posted that this is  a new permanent event, so never fear he will find you.
  • I signed up to received orders for Lester yesterday. I haven't gotten any requests. How do I get orders from him or his merchants?
    I signed up to received orders for Lester yesterday. I haven't gotten any requests. How do I get orders from him or his merchants?

You complete his orders by selling to the neighbors that walk up to your market. :)
  • I signed up to received orders for Lester yesterday. I haven't gotten any requests. How do I get orders from him or his merchants?

You complete his orders by selling to the neighbors that walk up to your market. :)
    Thank you!!!! No walkups yet.  :/
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I still haven't seen the crazy ******* but based on the rants, I'm not super excited he hasn't shown. I was just wandering, since we'll be stuck with him for a while, can he simply be ignored when he asks to spend gold? And can I just entertain my customers as usual? Thanks :-)
    I filled the orders for the neighbours and got the $25,000 that Lester gave me for that.  I ignored his demand that I spend 360,000 gold, and after 24 hours he left.  Off to look for another sucker, I suspect.  :)
  • Lester tried me, finally.  Filled the orders slowly since I get very few neighbors (And NO vendor  I really liked that guy). 

He asked me to spend 94,000 gold and will be standing there waiting for the bus for 23+ hours.
Sign In to comment.