Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 23rd - Winter Wheels - Discussion

Comments

• thank you for clarification because that is not how the 3rd and 4th post on this thread made it sound
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    PCA (GB1) said:
    The amount of gold you will be asked to spend is higher than the amount of gold  you have at the moment, hence to be able to comply with Lester's nonsense request you have to buy some gold

this is just an almost clever camouflage for a 100% bonus on a gold purchase

GGS you could ask your developers to spend time on more interesting additions, this game is not going forward, not even sideways, it\s going in vicious circles

Urgh and there's the catch, I knew it was too good to be true. Lester hasnt appeared on my farm yet but i'm assuming the gold he asks for will always be ,uch more than the amount of gold u have. Yet another gold grabbing scheme by GGS, well disguised I admit but they insult our intelligence by thinking we wont figure it out.
  • Gin7 (US1)Gin7 (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    That's completely different than the way Popeye explained it.  It was explained that you could spend UP TO A CERTAIN AMT. of gold.  There was nothing mentioned  about having to spend a certain amount.  That's quite a difference.
    Flittermouse.....are you SURE the way you explained it is right  & that Popeye is wrong?

I would not have started it if it would have been explained your way in the first place.
    Thank you, Flittermouse!
    It's almost 9 p.m. here & I have not yet gotten my third customer.  By the time I get 10 customers, I'm not going to have time to spend ANY  gold. If it goes past midnight, will you be reimbursed the next day after midnight?

Does it say anywhere how much gold is involved....or is it different on different farms?
  • still having issues stayin on the game
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i am not to that point yet but i agree with Gin 7 that the way Popeye made it sound was that if lets say he asked you to speed 5,000 you could spend up to that and get it back but could not spend 5,100 and get the 100 back so yes some more clarification would be nice 
    I wish we had a copy of the "official directions" so we could read it ourselves.  Does anyone know where that can be found?
    Flittermouse.....where did you find your information? 

My problem is that I get good information from both you, Flittermouse &  from Popeye.  So when the information that each of you gives is the exact opposite I don't know what to do.
    edited 24.02.2016
    here i found this on the EN fourm

CM Latten said:
    I can :) You'll basically have to spend the amount Lester asks you for, and you will get said amount back.

For example: Lester wants 15,000 Gold. I spend 14,300 Gold, but won't get anything back yet, since the task won't register as "finished". So I add another 1,000 and would be at 15,300 Gold. Now the task is finished and I will get 15,000 back from Lester. The additional 300 won't be taken into account.

Now I wonder where CM Latten got his/her information......That's the same as Flittermouse.
    Thanks for looking further into it, ijrosh.
    I still wish I knew how much gold was involved.  I guess if its too much for me, I just won't do it.  I will have filled Lester's orders for nothing......lol   (lucky Lester).
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hey Gin7 you may have to log out clear your browser history then log back in. This should correct the counting problem with Lester. Once you open, agree to help Lester, the next 10 customers are his.
  • Lester didn't give me any spend gold offer at the end...I fulfilled the neighbour orders of the 10/10 help Lester quest, I and all I got were 25k dollars as a reward!
    if you click on him right now what does it say?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Count your self lucky then Solmar. The Gold spending request is quite high. I was asked to spend 34,000 gold. Sorry but no way I have even close to that amount and to spend it on an event that may or may not work? To me it is a risk I'm not willing to take.
    it would cost me about 50 real dollars to buy enough gold to use for him and i have no job so it is a no for me too
    Data King....you must have missed my one post.  My counting problem is solved.  It started with 1/10.  Then I had a customer...it stayed the same.  It moved to 2 when I got my second customer.  That part is good now.
    After 3 customers, I've had no more.  It's almost 10:30 here. (eastern standard time)   I know I can't do 7 more customers plus spend ????? amt of gold today (if today ends at midnight).  Besides, I'm tired & would like to sleep.
    Maybe I can use tomorrow for my today...& be reimbursed the next day????
    This thing is so unclear.  If they would have started earlier in the day, it would have worked fine.
    Whoever figures these things out lacks common sense....lol

• Thanks, ijrosh, for finding the post by CM Latten. That is where I got the info.

CM Latten is a community manager and gets info directly from GGS.

The amounts of gold Lester asks for seems to be rather high. I haven't finished on my US game, but on my UK game, I was asked for 110,000 gold, and I only have 6k. I did once purchase 36,000 gold with a +200% bonus (108,000 total). I think the game is trying to guess how much gold it can trick me into buying. But there is currently no bonus for buying gold, so it would cost me three times as much.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 24.02.2016
    I got an offer from Lester - 140,000 gold.  I am curious if this was calculated or a random number from a given range.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
    Flittermouse...I'm sorry if I offended you by questioning which way to do it.  When I explained this to someone in my co-op I said that I thought you were right (I just liked Popeye's answer better & he has given good answers in the past)
    I have 5 of the 10 orders filled for Lester.  Do you know how they're working it when you start late in the day?  I'm ready to go to sleep NOW (its 11 p.m.EST)  If I stop now, do you think I can resume doing orders tomorrow?
  • lowest I have heard is 37,000 most I have heard was close to 200,000.  Fat chance Lester for any of that.  You can keep bouncing on your pogo stick in the corner waiting.  I for one won't be taking on any more of his requests for help.  I did one to see how it works, epic fail gg
    yes i think so the 24 hour timer started after i got all 10 people
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Very important question-------

Will Lester come again, or was this "it"?
  • No Lester so far...... But seeing those ridiculous amounts of Gold, I think I'm not gonna be interested......
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    lester is good for gold buyer ,finally a update is came only those for gold buyer
  • tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    Lester wants me to spend 100,000 gold.  I only have 29,000.  To get 100,000 I would have to buy gold at the premium price costing me $60.  
    I would guess that because I already have 29,000 that I got on a 2 for 1 deal I could benefit from this if it is true that I would actually receive all of the gold I paid back.  Otherwise I might as well just wait for a 2 for 1 deal as it would equal the same thing.
    My concern is that I do not want to get the equivalent in gold back.  ie mystery boxes or seaweed humus.
    If you already have the gold purchased at a 2 for 1 price or better than this is a fantastic event.
    Lester wanted me to spend $170,000 gold.....NO WAY ! 

I only bought gold once in this game & use it quite sparingly...sometimes for things I can't possibly buy with money.  I also used it to by my last 2 chunks of land on my main farm.  (it was 29.00 ....2 for 1 plus a bonus.  It may be similar to what you bought, tessa17.)

I did get the $25,000 from him, but my evening/night has been a waste of time.
    Unless I'm sure they're lowering the amt. of gold, I won't be doing that one again......lol
    The joke's on me...lol
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I am spending more time away from this game one gimmick after another and this one really makes me wonder with wanting 100.000 gold I am not seeing lester nor do I want to see lester will be letting this pass
  • magnusjgdbro (IN1)magnusjgdbro (IN1) Posts: 24
    edited 24.02.2016
    @CM Latten Would please clear some more doubts

1. As it appears for everyone at diff time, must we think that this is a permanent feature?
    2. What if I deny or fail to fullfill Lester's Gold Offer this time (first time)? Will I get him back or no?
    3. Will he do a frequent visit or what will be his average gap between his visits?
    and
    4. Is there any minimum level requirement of the farm or of the market to have the visits by Lester?

• IMO This event is ridiculous so unfair to players who are not rich and are disabled and on a fixed very tight income!!! Why can't they make the game so all can play everything! Greedy GGS!!!

It started out I needed to do 10 transactions with the neighbors for Lester..  I was gone to Dr. appt. and LOTS of errands to try to do, including some work on my car, etc. all day--100 mile round trip to the Valley from my beautiful mountains!  I took my HP Pavilion X2 Windows 10 detachable tablet - works great with the game!!  I finished it up when I got home and Lester gave me $25,000 for helping him.  The Neighbors worked just like mine, so nothing different there, except I did some I might have otherwise skipped.  So far so good! 

Then Step 2--- Spend 87,000 gold!!!  GGS are you NUTS!!!!!  I would have to spend over $50 real money to buy that much gold!!!  I have no where near that much!! I need to buy medicine and groceries, get a car repair done!!!!  Just look here at how much that amount of gold would cost me!!!  I think that the majority of players cannot afford this -- just like the murals that are 79,000 gold!!!!

• IMO This event is ridiculous so unfair to players who are not rich and are disabled and on a fixed very tight income!!! Why can't they make the game so all can play everything! Greedy GGS!!!

It started out I needed to do 10 transactions with the neighbors for Lester..  I was gone to Dr. appt. and LOTS of errands to try to do, including some work on my car, etc. all day--100 mile round trip to the Valley from my beautiful mountains!  I took my HP Pavilion X2 Windows 10 detachable tablet - works great with the game!!  I finished it up when I got home and Lester gave me $25,000 for helping him.  The Neighbors worked just like mine, so nothing different there, except I did some I might have otherwise skipped.  So far so good! 

Then Step 2--- Spend 87,000 gold!!!  GGS are you NUTS!!!!!  I would have to spend over $50 real money to buy that much gold!!!  I have no where near that much!! I need to buy medicine and groceries, get a car repair done!!!!  Just look here at how much that amount of gold would cost me!!!  I think that the majority of players cannot afford this -- just like the murals that are 79,000 gold!!!!

• Nemej (CZ1)Nemej (CZ1) Posts: 220
    edited 24.02.2016
    don´t forget to count wisely before you accept this deal 

it is only 100% bonus 

with bonus 104%  of gold mining licences it is 204%  

BUT - you need to spent all amount in one day. So you lost money with accelerate buildings. With architect maybe it can work. 

If you buy library books, you lost 20% - you will buy for full price, but you can all of that books buy with 20% discount. 

i am gold buyer - but this deal I will accept only if architect will be on farm and if it will be minimally 200% gold bonus. 

Much more better is 150% gold deal and bonus box with bonus (violet) fertilizer and feed. this fertilizer you can use for greg´s silo for reach gold mining licenses or use it to reach best event deco with highest difficulty.

craftycritters - i think this is offer, not event. 
Sign In to comment.