Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 3rd - Too late for New Year's Eve? - Discussion

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well I have three fairly high level farms.  I spend probably way too much time on this silly game, and yet not ONE of my animals is even to the half way mark on any farm.    I lost count how much money I wasted on spins.   Usually giving me a whopping big booster of ONE.   

I still have people asking me if I know what this is all about and to them I say

Gold dig
    Confusing as all get out,
    get what ever you get when ever you get it and be happy
    and just ignore the stupid thing.     

I've been reading through the posts here and I see some people really enjoy these puzzles.  What does this do, how many do I get if it....   

But I don't.   If it doesn't make sense right off the bat,  it's not worth it to me.   Yea that's just me.  You all play the way you like.   But I think as far as I'm concerned, this is a fail.  
    Especially since the prize is mostly happiness, none of my farms are in any shortage of,
    and a really HUGE and UGLY bit of decor I have no room for.   Got a hard enough time trying to decide which decor to retire just to fit in more production.    As it is the latest alien event prize is out of reach.  (That space decor is cool too.  THAT I would have liked, but it's not going to happen.  Seems this game is catering only to super farms and gold spenders.)
  • still having video issues why have a theater around if no videos or blank screen and when i exit it tells me to watch video thru like with no videos for days :(

Post your question on the Video discussion page---this discussion is about the Chinese New Year Event
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    What is the highest that the blue number goes to?

30?  35?  More?
  • Nemej (CZ1)Nemej (CZ1) Posts: 220
  • you can find there warning few minutes before fireworks will arrive - 
    https://twitter.com/GoodgameBigFarm
    So Goodgame are posting info about fireworks on twitter?? :smile: 
    Too bad I didn't know it earlier :wink: 
  • Gave up on the boosters as the return is so poor. And despite having played quite a lot, I am nowhere near halfway to even one sign. Whole event fails, which is a shame as it could have been quite good.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Hmmmm - love the event, like I loved the Santa's List. Requires some strategy and good thinking. I only get a booster (for cash, don't care what booster I get) when the fireworks are on. I missed some fireworks, yes, because I have other things to do besides playing a game.

But still: nearly all animals are over 100% now - so quite happy and still 3 days to go. My coop members are enjoying this event and doing great too.

I think it to be really nice that payment for boosters as well as other things in this in game event are level based! Bravo!
    edited 19.02.2016
    @Nemej (CZ1) and @Winnie the Pooh (BG1) 

In the Discussions corner the thread "Questions to the devs (and answers)" was posted on February 17, nearly 1 whole month later than these answers were given in the German Forum. And why was this thread put in the 'Discussions Corner' and closed immediately?? Isn't a discussion thread what is says: to discuss things? Why not in the Official Announcements where we can find it back far more easily??
    I wondered why we had to be informed so much later than another community/forum, but Latten writes: "Here are the last two recaps I took from the German forums. From here on out, I will of course translate in time for here as well!" 
    Well OK, I accepted this reluctantly and I really do hope that we will all be informed at the same time in the future. It would be kind of frustrating finding out that we are lagging behind in information... right?

But now I found the next thingy in the German Forum (Nemej beat me to it):

Latten posted there on February 17:
    Die Feuerwerke werden dann und wann auch auf https://twitter.com/GoodgameBigFarm veröffentlicht  Am besten direkt folgen, damit ihr keine Ankündigung verpasst.
    The fireworks are now and then published on https://twitter.com/GoodgameBigFarm) you should follow best directly, so you do not miss an announcement.

I must admit that it confused me too, when I discovered this in the German forum!

Indeed one could wonder:

Why is this only announced / posted in the German forum and not in the other forums?
    Are we (the other communities) not allowed / supposed to know?
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I agree wholeheartedly, Jiesta! This information should have been given immediately to the players in our forum. It would have been a huge help to know earlier when the fireworks were due! Better communication is definitely needed for such announcements.  :)
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    Long rant because I feel really bad about this for the whole event duration.

I have to say this event seemed like fun but it's been handled extremely poorly. I thought higher of GGS before this one.
    Not only do the selected boosters for gold cost almost 300g each, there's a high chance of getting only 1-2 of them even if you pay with gold.
    Not to mention how hard it is to get the signs filled up when not being a 24/7 player. I get that others have special seeds saved up for seemingly every single event and that's great, but not all of us are "whales" who are capable of that much. From about halfway through the event it became obvious I won't complete a single sign and for all my hard work playing several hours a day will be getting a 7x7 deco with 10 happiness.
    That's not a justifiable reward for anyone who's been here and tried the whole time.

There are just too many signs to fill out and the policy that every harvest gives 2 types of chips is just nasty. It even further splits the collection process making it basically pointless to collect anything outside of the fireworks display.

And the fireworks display is my biggest problem with this. Even if I wasn't upset about how badly the announcement about it being tweeted was handled (only for one country, seriously? low blow), the timings of the fireworks are really bad most of the time.
    Even knowing they had a game crash issue at midnight that was fixed late into the event, the most consistent firework has still been 5 minutes before midnight. Knowing the game also loads slow due to its own faults in most browsers for the unforeseeable future, having to reload the page to get the zodiac daily to change messes up about half of the firework.
    The other consistent firework has been about 3am server time. I don't think I need to explain how hard it is to keep up with timings like that.

All this results in me not completing a single sign, even though I've been very "active on the main farm" which was supposed to be the requirement. Activity and actual playing isn't rewarded at all, living life attached to an ipad glancing at it every 5 minutes in case fireworks showed up was the real requirement.

All I wanted was a warning that this event was only for those who are extremely active and can monitor their farm 24 hours a day. Those kinds of events are fine, and I think the super tacticians and hawk-like constantly monitoring players should be rewarded with fun events. But please don't disguise it as an event for everyone, because I feel pretty much cheated, since I spent gold on the boosters during fireworks too and it's all been for nothing. I don't feel entitled to rewards for spending gold at all, it's just that there's too much randomness and it's really felt like I gave away bought gold without getting anywhere in the event.

The only thing they had to do was to be upfront about how much constant looking at the farm this event required. That's literally all, and I wouldn't have been upset. I've skipped clearly announced "obviously only for the hardcore players" events before without a tear. =3

I care about the game a lot and have been playing for a long time. Usually I have little to complain about and tend to keep to myself, but this event in my personal opinion has been such a leap in the wrong direction that I had to dissect what bothered me about it. I hope the next events are more fun and for everyone and I have faith that they will be, like most events lately! ^-^
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    When I 1st read about this event I was a bit wary, because it sounded very time consuming and I wanted to farm less not more but I gave it a try. Even  2 days knew to complete  would need more time ,lots of boosters and maybe gold, so I am playing less as planned and what I get goes to Greta. Am at stage where game is starting to bore me a bit, this event has not helped reignite my interest .
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    @Nemej (CZ1) and @Winnie the Pooh (BG1) 

In the Discussions corner the thread "Questions to the devs (and answers)" was posted on February 17, nearly 1 whole month later than these answers were given in the German Forum. And why was this thread put in the 'Discussions Corner' and closed immediately?? Isn't a discussion thread what is says: to discuss things? Why not in the Official Announcements where we can find it back far more easily??
    I wondered why we had to be informed so much later than another community/forum, but Latten writes: "Here are the last two recaps I took from the German forums. From here on out, I will of course translate in time for here as well!" 
    Well OK, I accepted this reluctantly and I really do hope that we will all be informed at the same time in the future. It would be kind of frustrating finding out that we are lagging behind in information... right?

But now I found the next thingy in the German Forum (Nemej beat me to it):

Latten posted there on February 17:
    Die Feuerwerke werden dann und wann auch auf https://twitter.com/GoodgameBigFarm veröffentlicht  Am besten direkt folgen, damit ihr keine Ankündigung verpasst.
    The fireworks are now and then published on https://twitter.com/GoodgameBigFarm) you should follow best directly, so you do not miss an announcement.

I must admit that it confused me too, when I discovered this in the German forum!

Indeed one could wonder:

Why is this only announced / posted in the German forum and not in the other forums?
    Are we (the other communities) not allowed / supposed to know?
    Heya :)

Of course I didn't do this on purpose :) I tried out the Q&A thread as a test last month, because the German community was reeeeally upset about some of the questions that were answered in that specific meeting. So, friendly neighborhood CM that I am, I tried to write-up our questions and answers to check how (and if) it will be appreciated, or if people would hate it for some reason - you'd be surprised :D 

It turned out to work fine, so I also did the same thing for the second Q&A and also translated both of them for the EN forums, since you guys of course also are interested in these, and it seems to be a good addition to using the information to answer relevant posts, which is what we did with it before (and will of course still do). I mean, where's the point in getting player questions asked, if they'd never get the answers, right?

Regarding the idea of withholding the Twitter link for some reason: It's right here in my signature :D 
    But you're right, I absolutely didn't post about the fireworks announcements in here. This isn't due to me being some kind of evil mastermind, but simply because I didn't even think about it >_> If I would have posted earlier, we might have cracked the 200 followers by now! So yeah, I'm really sorry about this. Next time, whatever the big secret news is, I'll tell you first :) 

Have a great weekend, everyone!
    Timo
  • amyk (US1)amyk (US1) Posts: 1,201
    Follow GGS on Twitter.  Every now and then they tweet about 5 or 10 minutes before fireworks show up.  https://twitter.com/GoodgameBigFarm

• amyk (US1)amyk (US1) Posts: 1,201
    Follow GGS on Twitter.  Every now and then they tweet about 5 or 10 minutes before the fireworks show up.  https://twitter.com/GoodgameBigFarm
    edited 20.02.2016
    Latten,   

I just now saw the post about all the upcoming changes to the game, and how you and the other mods meet and discuss.   Really appreciate the update there.   Exciting stuff to look forward to.

I only have one coop related suggestion and don't know where to post it.  It would be off topic here.

As for this topic,  to Niryn,  and anyone else actually,  I've been playing long enough now to just assume anything new they do WILL be buggy, and/or have math errors, program errors, confusion and all that.   It's never worth spending gold on their first time around the block.   Play a just see how this works round and decide how much effort you want to invest.   Almost always by the next time it comes around it's been vastly improved.   Just not worth the frustration (or loss of money) being a beta tester.   

I ignored the whole horse thing for the longest time.   I find it interesting and fun now.  Though still a bit confused by how they figure wins and losses.  Seems to be random chance no matter what I do. But over all the horses keep advancing, be it slower and slower as they get up in rank.  

Point being, when it first came out, it was a dud.    Give it time for them to read complaints and confusion here and figure out what needs to be fixed.    It's usually worth it in the end.

OH... one last thing.
    I only RARELY ever even look at twitter.  Use to use it mostly to promote craft listings.  Don't anymore.  
    And there isn't enough money on the planet to get me to ever sign up for Facebook.  

How about a forum thread IN HERE with any updates, news, event fireworks or any such things. People who want to check can click the forum link right from the game.
    Leave twitter for the twits and facebook well....   honestly, that site is dangerous.   How many times has it been in the news for privacy violations?    Data mining,  deleted stuff that is never really deleted, it's just horrid.   I won't touch it. Ever!
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    how much token we ll get when compleing all task in a day
  • So the last from GGS on twitter is "Fireworks every hour". Can anyone confirm or it is over yet?
    edited 20.02.2016
    A T T E N T I O N !!!

On TWITTER this morning 07.47 CET
    :

As from now on we will have fire works every single hour!!! During the rest of the weekend!!

See:

German Forum 07.47 CET:

Goodgame Big Farm ‏@GoodgameBigFarm 4 Std.Vor 4 Stunden

You know what? Fireworks every hour! Have fun, everyone! D

08.50 CET:

Goodgame Big Farm ‏@GoodgameBigFarm 3 Min.vor 3 Minuten

Wir ziehen am Wochenende voll durch! Jede Stunde ein Feuerwerk für euer #ChinesischesNeujahr Event! Viel Spaß und ein tolles Wochenende!!

[We will continue this the whole weekend! Every hour fireworks for our Chinese New Year Event. Have lots of fun and a great weekend!]

- - - - - - - 

LAST FIREWORKS WERE AT 08.33 CET - so any minute now!!!

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    So I now have every animal completed except pig. My rose seed stocks have dwindled from 1000 down to 400 and its become increasingly difficult and expensive to spin up the pig booster. Frustrating but still enjoying the event. I could potentially have a 160+ happiness decoration of 5*5 size, cant complain about that.
  • edited 20.02.2016
    Thanks @Jiesta (NL1) 
    Missed this one, hope 10:33 CET to have another one :smile: 
  • Yeah, fireworks every hour - good move
  • I don't get it... I never saw any fireworks at all! I'm not online, like, 24/7, but quite a lot, yet i'm not making this event at all. Not of my cooperation are (I'm the highest level). How hardcore do you have to be to finish this? No-life-at-all-and-unemployed-hardcore?! 
    I don't get it... I never saw any fireworks at all! I'm not online, like, 24/7, but quite a lot, yet i'm not making this event at all. Not of my cooperation are (I'm the highest level). How hardcore do you have to be to finish this? No-life-at-all-and-unemployed-hardcore?! 
    Yea.... lol.  I guess.   My morning coffee hour and this game,  several quickie harvests during the day, and play again before bed isn't going to cut it.   Not even close.   not even one animal will be done for me either.    And I WISH those dumb pop in your face things with what I won didn't always seem to come up during a mission.   Dang it get OUT of my way I'm in a hurry to feed the chickies!!!! 
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    As to fireworks, they might be every hour or so, but still far from regular.

As to booster game, yeah, that's something! :) By the end of the event I will have wasted something close to 100 mil dollars on boosters. :) Not complaining. I wasted them deliberately just for the fun of the event, knowing I'm preparing an extremely expensive delicatessen course for Greta. For one, I never expected to finish dog and pig with my play style (they are still 38 and 23 %) - not bothered with them, for two, I don't like the ugly monkey deco anyway. But I will most probably finish all other animals. I never used gold boosters - they are overpriced, unreliable, unpredictable and thus pretty much useless waste of much more precious resources. And I never used any special seeds - have better use for them and consider them more valuable then dollars.

As to the type of event to an extent I learned to accept what I perceive as GGS events/features philosophy. On one side we have events/features which actually help the farm progress of even small or middle-sized farms by granting valuable resources for mostly just farming activities involving zero or just little costs. On the other side we have event's where we empty our barns and banks (spending events) for an interesting special reward or even just for fun of playing without any other significant reward at all. Monkey business is quite obviously of the latter type.

Will I play such event again? As much as I feel very positive vibe about this event, giving lots of credits to GGS for many excellently thought through parts of it, I think it's unlikely that I'd readily play anything like that soon again, unless the balancing is changed in the direction I hinted in my previous posts. I have been able to enjoy it even on very moderate play style due to having nearly 200 mil dollars to waste when it started, but I have multiple reasons for not doing this wasting again. Will get back to reasons later. If it were not for that dollar treasure to be wasted and a bit more time wasted on booster game, I would have literaly ended up with 7x7 happiness 10 uselesness. In that case I would have had decided to ignore the "thrill" from the start as I had Santa crap, and the whole event would have been nothing more then just a bit of irritation with zodiacs slowing my game and hindering my view . :)
  • jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    I will be lucky to finish 7 or 8 animals so the Deco is useless to me but the rewards are better than previous events so I do like it. It has cost me millions  but it's still a good event so well done GGS :)
  • bigpapa1 (US1)bigpapa1 (US1) Posts: 24
    edited 20.02.2016
    CM Popeye said:
    You will only go into bonus once you complete all of your zodiac signs @Bobby88 (AU1)

-Popeye

130 for the signs and a bonus 30 for the overage (over 100% on all of them), but still haven't completed the dog or pig. So it looks like if the dog and pig don't get completed im stuck with either a 7x7 or a 6x6 if only one of does for 130 happiness?

• Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    Yup, most have been sitting at 100% and over for days, but the pig and dog seem impossible to complete! 103 happiness is fine, but if it's gonna get stuck at 7x7 or 6x6, should at least get the "extra" happiness we have earned, especially considering the time, dollars, and gold spent on this event. Very disappointing! I noticed the hourly fireworks started last night, they probably realized no one was getting to finish this event. It was a good idea, and I was excited at the beginning, until realization set in that this was too impossible and expensive to complete.
  • I have completed all including dog and Pig.  Bonus has been unlocked.  What percent of each sign do you need to increase the bonus from 30?  200%
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    A T T E N T I O N !!!

On TWITTER this morning 07.47 CET
    :

As from now on we will have fire works every single hour!!! During the rest of the weekend!!

Thanks a lot for this, because i dont use twitter (as you know :D) Passed on the info to my coop, much appreciated!! 
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Whats max happiness of this deco? Finished all animal chips but the bonus happiness has been stuck on 30 for a while now
Sign In to comment.