Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Official Announcements: EN vs US forums

I have a frustration I'd like to raise about this US forum - specifically, the Official Announcements category which hasn't been updated since mid-January. Our US forum is missing FOUR announcements:

1) Facebook Contest Jan 15th
2) Downtime & server issues Jan 25th
3) Too Late for New Year's Eve? Feb 4th
4) Pickup Madness Feb 9th

Whenever I log into the BF forum, I immediately check the Official Announcements for news - new subjects, new events, new information. I need this category maintained to keep my co-op informed.

Instead, a new thread appears in the Announcement Questions & Feedback category about an event that has already started that I can't find anywhere. I find myself in the same boat as @Damaria3 (US1)s comment below regarding the Chinese New Year Event.

Damaria3 (US1) said:
why cant I find official announcement havent a clue what this is about

I end up switching over to the English forum to find answers and official announcements. CM Popeye's link at the top of the Chinese New Year thread also points back to the English forum. (and the same thing happened during the Christmas event announcements & discussions) If this is going to continue, can the US & EN forums be merged back together again? What was the purpose of pulling the US players out of the english speaking forum?

I miss being in the combined forum - I miss the players (with their comments, wisdom, humor & fieriness). It also makes searches easier if there was only one forum.

additional thoughts:

Can we change the default forum URL in my in-game link - so that we could choose which forum we wanted to jump to?

If the Official Announcements category is the same on both forums, can the OA category on the US forum be mirrored somehow from the OA category on the EN forum - so that both were kept synced w/ a single update?

Comments

• I completely agree with your post Raven!  I too have noticed the last couple of months we've missed important announcements.  I've posted links to the EN forum for the Advent event & I posted this morning about the update tomorrow.  

I too question the wisdom of splitting the forums.  Most of the really advanced US players have abandoned this forum in favor of the EN forum, meaning the newer US players aren't getting the advice & expertise to help them in the game.  I check both forums daily and there is a lot more talk about game playing strategies on the EN forum.  Many of those posts are from US players who don't stop here anymore.  I would love to see the forums merged back, but I'm not holding my breath.  :(
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I want to thank both of you for bringing this to every ones attention! I thought the "Announcements" seem to be last minute since about January. But never really gave it any more thought than maybe they were busy. I honestly had no idea this was happening. I do hope this can be corrected soon to benefit every one!
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Hey guys!

While I'm still taking care of the EN forums, we have a different, native speaking CM staff for the US forums since they seperated from here.
    If you feel you don't get the same standards of service, I apologize on behalf of the CM department. I will bring this up to our superiors and I'm hopeful we can improve our service for you guys :)

Feel free to keep me updated in here.
    Timo
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Thank you Latten. It does seem we, meaning US 1, are not getting the updates or announcements until the last minute or after the event starts.
  • Good job giving this issue its own post; it has been mentioned in several other discussions before now with no response from the powers that be.  Thank you CM Latten.
  • Thanks Latten ... so here is another Official Announcement from the EN server that was not posted here.   Same problems ... different day.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/119168/update-feb-16th-video-show-improvements#latest
  • I always try to remember to check Both forums, but sometimes fail.  Since the game automatically sends us to the US forum, it is fairly easy to also check the EN by just editing the url.  I know I posted this solution in other thread(s) here.  But, a more active moderator would be wonderful :)
  • CM Latten said:
    Hey guys!

While I'm still taking care of the EN forums, we have a different, native speaking CM staff for the US forums since they seperated from here.
    If you feel you don't get the same standards of service, I apologize on behalf of the CM department. I will bring this up to our superiors and I'm hopeful we can improve our service for you guys :)

Feel free to keep me updated in here.
    Timo
    Some of the issues seem to happen when a moderator is out of the office and no one is assigned to cover his/her assigned forum. It's nice that we have a native speaking moderator, but "vacation coverage" for all moderators is a good idea. 
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Some of the issues seem to happen when a moderator is out of the office and no one is assigned to cover his/her assigned forum. It's nice that we have a native speaking moderator, but "vacation coverage" for all moderators is a good idea. 
    Agreed! :) We'll check what we can do about this! Sorry for the inconvenience, guys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file