Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 3rd - Too late for New Year's Eve? - Discussion

Comments

• Does anyone know how many chips it takes to complete and animal?  It looks like it takes about 100 chips to increase one percentage point.  I have been doing everything I can and I am still not at 50% on any of my animals.  My son who is a level 26 already has several animals in the 40% range and he hardly has anything to harvest why is that.  Also it only costs him 5000 to get boosters.
    What level are you tierco?
    Myself and a few others around the 105 are also finding this event impossible even with long playing hours, some seaweed, some cash boosters, benefits of several of the fireworks, planting most beneficial crops ...
    Expecting to get basic deco, possibly with the +2 happiness from the rat - a 7*7, happiness 12 deco for all that effort.
    Yes we could use a lot of gold on the boosters / to speed harvesting and buying lots of seaweed - but I will not.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Agreed.  This event is too hard for most players, but that does not seem to matter to anyone.  Boosters are required to excel and they are way too expensive.  And the drop rates are just too low for the vast majority of players.  I have several members of my coop who are disappointed that an event that seems to be so well thought out is being allowed to run without the tweaks to make it do-able by more players.

@gavinfarms (US1) Nafaru already mentioned the extra happiness...... You collect it when they go over 100%, but you only get it if you collect 100% of all 12.
    CM Nafaru said:
    Furthermore you can add more happiness by gathering more than 100% as soon as all zodiacs are finished.

Precisely Runs.  I would like someone to clarify Steffi's statement.  It is just too vague.  This is how we had such terrible misunderstandings during the WishList event.   So if you have 130 as the value and 25 in the blue bar, will you receive exactly 25 more points?  This is not clear.  And after the WishList disaster, we need to be really clear.
  • Nemej (CZ1)Nemej (CZ1) Posts: 220
    you will recieve these bonus points after finishing ALL of signs. so don´t worry, you will have 30 bonus points long time before you will done with dog and pig. 
      it´s just an illusion these 30 bonus points. really want to see situation, when all signs done and bonus points are below 30 

30p.jpg 86.8K
    you will recieve these bonus points after finishing ALL of signs. so don´t worry, you will have 30 bonus points long time before you will done with dog and pig. 
      it´s just an illusion these 30 bonus points. really want to see situation, when all signs done and bonus points are below 30 

What I want to know is this:     If the numbers above do not change, would the award be 160 happiness?  And, assuming the completion of the pig and dog, the deco would be 5x5.  So it would be a 5x5 that is 160 happiness?  I would like GGS to answer that.
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    edited 15.02.2016
    Precisely Runs.  I would like someone to clarify Steffi's statement.  It is just too vague.  This is how we had such terrible misunderstandings during the WishList event.   So if you have 130 as the value and 25 in the blue bar, will you receive exactly 25 more points?  This is not clear.  And after the WishList disaster, we need to be really clear.

Yes :) The 130 would be guaranteed points, and the 25 in the blue bar is the exact bonus. You can increase the bonus, and you will only get it if you finish all animals.

The blue bar's limit would be at 25% of the total base happiness, after unlocking all animals. So say I'd have a deco with 60 happiness after unlocking all animals, I would be able to fill the blue bar with +15 additional Happiness.
  • how do you know when the fire works will start  have been sitting here for over two hours and nothing????

I am level 113 I have a job, there is no way I will possibly be able to complete or even get a decent prize from this one.  I thought the higher level you got the easier stuff was supposed to get.  Isn't that the point of trying to get to higher levels?

edited 15.02.2016
    download puffin or photon browser to your phone or tablet. 
    you can easy control if fireworks arrived - just look at your phone browser and you can continue with anytihing what you are just doing. this is your decision if you want to play this "time" game and control phone every two minutes for hour or two. 
      there is some system , it is not absolutely random - so no need to be in game 16hours a day. 

if you don´t want to be slave of this controlling, just ignore this event and play your farm as usually
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 15.02.2016
    Another concept I want to challenge is 7x7 size of the deco plus dog and pig being the hardest zodiacs. Since most players consider 7x7 deco useless and size reduction zodiacs are by far the most difficult (estimated ratio is that they need 4 to 5 and 7 to 8 times more drops respectively then easiest other animal), it basically means that unless a player wins them all, he ends up with useless 130 happines deco at the best.

I can see several solutions to this issue, 3 of which I spell out below:

• 1) Keep the size, but balance the dog and pig difficulty very low, so that size reduction is among the first to complete. This would give many players usable deco, even if with small happines if they were not active enough to complete many happiness zodiacs.
    • 2) Keep the size, but balance the dog and pig difficulty somewhere in the middle so that people have chance to reach reasonable size before they maximize all happines zodiacs. This would still leave many with useless 7x7 deco I think, but not as many, and provide a bit more motivation if reasonable size was within reach.
    • 3) Keep the dog and pig difficulty, but reduce the size so that deco is usable without size reduction - say 5x6 starting size. Then extra difficult dog and pig can reduce it to 5x5 and 4x5 respectivelly ...........or something like that if other variations are possible (from 5x5 to 4x4 in two steps maybe?). So here we would have deco usable from the start, but for extra hard work one could have it smaller to increase it's value.
    Just for comparison, what we have now is this:

• 444) Have unusable 7x7 deco and extra difficult dog and pig zodiac, so that players can reach all happiness but hardly reach size reduction zodiacs. This leaves many of even quite active players with high happiness useless deco, which they will feed to Greta. For me it equals reduced motivation for playing. I understand this is probably gold spending push, but it doesn't seem very smart to do it this way. Gold push would be good for something extra special (see variation 3), not for something basic imo.
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
    3) is the best 
    7x7 is a bad motivation to start for occasionally players

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I have to say that i'm really enjoying this event. I may or may not get 100% on all animal chips but that doesn't matter to me. GGS has finally given us something different and I hope there's many more events like this to come.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Exactly Gizmo, I agree. We do enjoy this event too in our coop - as much as we enjoyed the Santas List event.
    Both in game events were/are great!
  • Data King if you read what CM Popeye said at the being of the Chinese new year to put any problems that we have here so that is what we are doing .your super sonic video synviscone HylanG-F 20 for osteoarthritis is cause my game to lock up every time it plays so have to recover my game all the time .
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 16.02.2016
    Data King if you read what CM Popeye said at the being of the Chinese new year to put any problems that we have here so that is what we are doing .your super sonic video synviscone HylanG-F 20 for osteoarthritis is cause my game to lock up every time it plays so have to recover my game all the time .
    The videos have nothing to do with the "Chinese New Year" event.
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on
  • Love the event! ^^b One suggestion: please add a sound to the fireworks booster - very much like the barking sound when our dog is hungry, dings when things are ready to be collected, popping sound when there's a bubble over a farmer's head... Adding a sound, perhaps the sound of fireworks go off, will help alert us when a booster started, so we don't have to constantly watch the screen for it. ^^;;
  • Cookiie4me (US1)Cookiie4me (US1) Posts: 704
    edited 16.02.2016
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey farmers! Go ahead and leave any questions or feedback you have regarding our latest update in here. I hope you all love the new event!!!!

-Popeye
    The latest update he is referring to is the Chinese New Year's event.  Questions about ads should go in the ad discussion thread, as Data King pointed out. He was also nice enough to provide you with a link to the correct place to post your complaints about the videos.
  • On my New years event, it shows I need 43 until the next award.  It has said the same thing most of the day but when I harvest fields or livestock and see the signs and then go back to see how many more I need, it still says 43.  Is it not working today?  I have received several signs but am not getting credit for them.  Help please.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    On my New years event, it shows I need 43 until the next award.  It has said the same thing most of the day but when I harvest fields or livestock and see the signs and then go back to see how many more I need, it still says 43.  Is it not working today?  I have received several signs but am not getting credit for them.  Help please.
    Only certain signs count for the day, I believe it is the horse today.
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    My Tiger is now 103%!? Does that mean I get more happiness. And if not why not?
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    You will only go into bonus once you complete all of your zodiac signs @Bobby88 (AU1)

-Popeye
    Does the dog go above 100 percent or does it stop at 100?
  • Can anyone out there please explain how the boosters are supposed to work?  I bought a cash booster and got a rat booster which was supposed to be active for 10 harvests. However after only collecting from the silo I had no boosters active.  This was as I said just a cash purchase, but if this is happening when you use gold to purchase a booster then it is not very good.

• When you  collect the silo that has ten (or more) sacks ready, each sack counts as one harvest. But you probably worked this out by now yourself :-)
  • This event has been very disappointing. Unless one spends millions in gold there is no hope of ever achieving a worthwhile decoration. I won't even waste the time necessary to build a decoration worth 10 points. 
  • I am surprised that you got 10 harvests.  I usually get 1 to 5.  rarely 6 and never anything above it.  Another cash cow for GGS  (poor cow)
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    (...) please add a sound to the fireworks booster (...)
    Yes please, I totally second this!!
    Also it would be fantastic if there was some sort of additional pop up warning, in case you are on gourmet or flowerfarm, to alert you to the fact that the fireworks arrived  :sweat_smile:  
    Maybe this could be added for next year...? 
  • I am ignoring this event much like I ignored the entire Santa's Wish List event........I wish nothing but good things to the farmers that participate with vigor. Apparently I am missing whatever it takes to get excited by all this......probably time to play & gold....who knows:):):).....rock your day!!!!
    dog stopped at 100%
  • Whole-heartedly agree about this Chinese New Year event   :( ..... I am just doing my farming and ducking my head as those signs come flying by and totally not caring about that weird looking deco!!
    you can find there warning few minutes before fireworks will arrive - 
    https://twitter.com/GoodgameBigFarm
Sign In to comment.