Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 3rd - Too late for New Year's Eve? - Discussion

Comments

• why is it that my percentages for each animal goes up and down? well I understand why it goes up little by little but then why does it jump by a whole lot and then go back way down? anyone else notice that happen to their percentages?
  • ben9 (US1)ben9 (US1) US1 Posts: 113
    Has anyone  ANYONE completed and collected all twenty things in one day on this Zodiac thing?   ANYONE? 
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 11.02.2016

I posted an image of "here's your reward."  NO WHERE on that screen shot does it say WHAT the "reward" is.   Just a number and zodiac icon.   is that number an increase in collecting that one?  And for how long?   Is it an increase in amounts I will collect from then on?   I don't understand what they are calling a prize, and that information is not to be found.   So instead of accusing me of anger and stupidity, how about actually answering that one.   
    Unless you don't know either.   lol... you'd never admit that though would you.  Mean people are never wrong.
    You would definitely make much better impression if you saved yourself all that useless rant about perceived insults.

The actual thing you ask about is so extremely simple it's hard to believe somebody misses it even after being adviced repetedly to go to the event interface and spend some time playing with it.

• On the right hand side of the event interface you have "Activity challenge" box. It includes daily rewards - 20 of them altogether.
    • All the time you can see next reward displayed. Several of these 20 rewards are chips. Either any (on the first day), or themed on following 3 days (tiger for today). Today reward 1, 4, 7, 10 etc are of this type.
    • If an icon is not clear enough for you, click the "I" (info) button next to each reward and read the description of that reward.
    • When one of these chips is your "next reward", you can see the possible number of chips you can get. Reward 1 for today shows x15-x28 Tigers.
    • When you collect the amount of tiger chips from harvesting your main farm needed to get this reward (number displayed above the box with wording "amount until next reward") this reward will be released to you.
    • When reward is released, a reward pop-up is displayed. That's the box you're talking about. On the left side it shows "tiger" picture (today's reward), in the right box it scrolls through numbers as lotery to finlly rest on number between 15 through 28, which is the amount of chips that you receive in this reward (see above "next reward" description). After "luck" number wheel had stopped, the displayed amount of tiger chips is credited to your tiger zodac increasing the total number of your tiger chips by that amount.
    Mind you, the actual representation within the event interface is simplier than any verbal description. All is there mate. Just make an effort and show a bit of diligence.

Seriously, I can see that this time game makers put a lot of effort into making the event interface as informative and intuitive as possible. It's kind of disrespectful and rude from players when they disregard all the effort BFput into designing it just cause it seems too much to them to spend a bit of focussed time playing with the interface, it's active components, and reading all the advice in there. Do your homework. This time you people really don't have much excuse for not knowing. :)

I hope you don't mind me saying that not everything is just a "hit the nail with the hammer" type of thing, but some things in life actually require some use of inteligent effort from us. Don't treat this game as mindless "plant-harvest-plant-harvest-click-click-click" stupidity. There's more to it and a lot of things can be quite a challenge, like Organic market for example. But trust me, in case of this event it's not so much of an intelectual or math challenge. Just a challenge of focus and a challenge of flexibility. Focus on getting to know the new event first, don't expect everything to stay in well familar "mindless clicking" old ruts. Don't expect that you'll understand a new thing by just "playing as usual". Invest a bit of focussed effort and this event can bring you a lot of fun and joy. :) Btw interface for this event is by far much better designed than that of Santa. :wink:

PS: Don't expect me to explain everything in detail like this where a small simple picture says it all in nice, clear and concise way. I don't have all my time just for gaming, you know ..... : o:)
  • Has anyone  ANYONE completed and collected all twenty things in one day on this Zodiac thing?   ANYONE? 

I was off the last few days for Mardi Gras. Collected huge amounts of everything on a production farm and barely made it to 10.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 11.02.2016
    Has anyone  ANYONE completed and collected all twenty things in one day on this Zodiac thing?   ANYONE? 

Yes I collected all 20 rewards for the rat. I got lucky & got a rat booster during the fireworks which gave me a nice boost on the rewards. I'm not doing as well on the Ox though. I'm not using gold so, it all boils down to luck for me ;)
  • my video/ ads hasn't worked for the past three days

• The descriptions are not clear...that is what is clear to me about this chinese new years event...it is absolutely a ridiculous event, as it is not reasonable to expect this much play for a little bit more of happiness...that you have to get 100% of a particular zodiac sign, which is a mathematically unlikely outcome unless one plays 24 hours a day, just to get a little new feature and bit more of happiness added is clearly absurd to anyone with a logical mind.  The demands of this event are non-sensical, and its descriptions are not clear, and if you think they are clear it is because you're not intelligent enough to see how open to interpretation this event is.

For example, it is not clear whether these 100,000 dollar boosters are worth buying. I have purchased the dollar boosters but it is not clear whether I am getting more in total zodiac chips collected with the boosters than not with the boosters.  It says 50% of zodiac chips you collect during the next ? random number of harvests will belong to one specific sign, but it is not clear whether in total you'll collect more zodiac chips during those harvests, whether there really is a BOOST by 50% to the selected zodiac sign without a cost to the others, or whether you simply collect more of that specific zodiac sign, but fewer of others.  If the total you get from the boosted harvests is no higher than the total you get without boosters for the same harvests, then that "BOOSTER" is a ridiculous joke and not worth spending on...
    The event's written descriptions need to be more clear...the descriptions are a joke, because THEY LEAVE THE MEANING TOO OPEN TO INTERPRETATION -- that is what it means they are unclear...
    http://snag.gy/Eihwv.jpg

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well I am happy to say at 11:43 I got through all 20 levels of the ox  used gold three times on ox but I played alot 13 hrs
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Well I am happy to say at 11:43 I got through all 20 levels of the ox  used gold three times on ox but I played alot 13 hrs

Awesome!! Good job, I'm happy for you! :)

• This screenshot shows that it is possible to get extra rewards for collecting over 100% of a Zodiac chip.

Bonus happiness points! Thank you!  :) 
  • why is it that my percentages for each animal goes up and down? well I understand why it goes up little by little but then why does it jump by a whole lot and then go back way down? anyone else notice that happen to their percentages?
    More than one other member in our co-op has had their total percentage for a chip cut in half.

Just a few minutes ago, my friend's total for Rat chips dropped. It was at 82% complete. She was typing in chat and got kicked out of the game. When she got back, her total was at 41%. Half gone?! She has contacted support about this type of thing already but has had no reply. It is not the first time, and it is very disheartening. I know we are not supposed to list other players by name here, so I will ask that people respond to this thread if you don't get a response from support. I hope you get your chips back soon!
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Thanks Jess  may be silly but felt like I accomplished something being I didnt think I could do it. Thanks alabster did not realize you could get bonus

• Do the rewards for the activity challenge change every day? Right now, the 20th reward is a decoration, but will that disappear tomorrow? I was really hoping to get it.

About the problems with the videos:
    Has the new code been applied yet? The code that supposedly 'fixed' the videos?

I've had the exact same thing show up every single time I try to watch a video for the past week. Before that I would be able to watch only one properly before getting this. It shows up every time I re-open the game, and then it switches the "cinema" off.

thats what i get i got one video in 3 days

• Well now they have a little snowman deco to gather snowballs for too! Bess, snowballs, Valentine's gifts, zodiac cards, is a VERY BUSY farm right now! :o
    And now, the hard worker event, not to mention horses and the candy farm too. 

These events, on their own, are fun, but to be honest, I'm not enjoying the overload. I feel like someone at GGS is just having a laugh at us all.
    same here with a lot of us why we quit playing farmville and farmville 2 on face book

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 11.02.2016

There was a discussion going on between players and CMs that only achieving 100% of all zodiac animals would give you the final end reward of the Fire Monkey deco. That even if you achieved 100% of 11 zodiac animals, thus missed one, that your end deco would stay at only 10 happiness and pieces would stay white. 
    This startled me, so you can imagine I kept reading and followed all important/serious posts and of course all posts from the CM. Their CM promised to get back on this one.

So I have no definite answer yet on achieving this 100% of ALL zodiac animals being mandatory to achieve the end deco with added happiness - still waiting on that confirmation
    Aw, poor Pierre gets the hardest questions again. :hushed:

While it is true that you have to achieve 100% of the respective zodiac animal in order to get its effect, each finished animal will add its bonus as soon as you achieved these 100%.

As an example: If you just reached 100% of rat chips, the +2 happiness for this zodiac will apply, pushing the deco to 12 happiness and adding the lotus flowers. As soon as you've finished the rat and tiger zodiacs, your deco's happiness will increase to 26 (10 base, 2 for finishing the rat, 14 for finishing tiger) and the lotus flowers will of course remain there.

Finishing rat, tiger and pig will keep the happiness at at least 26, add lotus flowers aaaaand decrease the size by 1x1.

Furthermore you can add more happiness by gathering more than 100% as soon as all zodiacs are finished.

There is no need to finish all 12 zodiacs in order to achieve some of the bonuses, this only applies if you want them ALL. And of course you do want them all, right? ;)
    Post edited by Nafaru on
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    THANKS Steffie for the clarification (and welcome back, missed you this last week;):):)
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Thanks for all of the feedback folks! As far as the videos go, we are painfully aware that there are still issues with this feature. We are of course working on getting them resolved, but I can't give you a timeline atm.

-Popeye
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 11.02.2016
    The length for the HW is MUCH, MUCH more appropriate.  This is something GGS did right.  I applaud that.
  • Ok I am so not good at this - do I lose prgress on New year if I go out of town for 2 days ?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Ok I am so not good at this - do I lose prgress on New year if I go out of town for 2 days ?
    No you just won't progress as far and therefore get a lower value deco in the end
  • Hate to pile on but....  Double XP is not working. Tried all of the usual fixes. Everything else appears to be working (Though I haven't checked the videos, gave up on that ages ago....)  but the 48 hour double XP clock runs off without any noticeable effect on XP. I know hands are full right now so I won't submit a ticket.
  • Nemej (CZ1)Nemej (CZ1) Posts: 220
    edited 12.02.2016
    not too hard, if you catch fireworks - 3x bonus
    if I except 3x bonus coming, i don´t harvest,and prepare violets or roses.  i try wheel - if I don´t get pig, i use it with apple orchad or something else with low drop amount. 
    if i get pig jokers, i don´t use them and wait for 3x bonus. i harvest cherry orchard and cows - it is 6x bonus (2x3)

i have 3 zodiacs finished with no gold - just always waiting for 3x bonus and combine with jokers. 
    sorry, it is not english :) 

that 6 points are momentaly bonus happines points - locked at this time, the number going  up, i mean i will unlocked it after i fullfill that blue bar. 

for me best event ever with great deco. ok hard with only pc, i have opened game at mobile puffin browser to controll if 3x bonus is here. 

edit - there is some bug after midnight i see bar full and ti seems you can maximally get 5x5 deco with 160 (130+30) points of happines - i think it is great 

• AndyTwobeats (SKN1)AndyTwobeats (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 129
    edited 12.02.2016
    Looks like I lost all my progress from yesterday (the orange circles)

Screencap:
    http://oi66.tinypic.com/6t0pbd.jpg

- the top screencap  was yesterday (you can see the tiger icon)
    - the middle screencap showed like that for a second, then my game froze and I had to sign in again (you can see some of them are filled, like the tiger)
    - the bottom screencap is what it looks like now, all the orange circles are the same as they were yesterday

I've cleared my cache / reloaded my game, but it hasn't updated my zodiac chip collection progress.

Post edited by AndyTwobeats (SKN1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I wouldn't mind the event overload if we weren't playing a broken game. Today especially has been a bad day for bugs coming from the market vendor and planting things in fields. The game lag is also very noticeable as well and Valentines day items continue to drop even though I finished it days ago. Its getting quite tedious and frustrating having to reload the game every time an error occurs and I think GGS need to fix these problems before introducing any more updates to the game.
  • Looks like I lost all my progress from yesterday (the orange circles)

Screencap:
    http://oi66.tinypic.com/6t0pbd.jpg

- the top screencap  was yesterday (you can see the tiger icon)
    - the middle screencap showed like that for a second, then my game froze and I had to sign in again (you can see some of them are filled, like the tiger)
    - the bottom screencap is what it looks like now, all the orange circles are the same as they were yesterday

I don't see you losing any of your progress from the screenshots you uploaded. The thing that happens everyday, right before the new event day begins, is that the event interface shows double the % of the various animals signs that you have actually collected, the game freezes (timers, countdowns, harvests etc.) and you have to reload the game so that it can function properly once again.

All in all, you seem to be right where you left off just before the new day of the event began.
  • I don't see you losing any of your progress from the screenshots you uploaded. The thing that happens everyday, right before the new event day begins, is that the event interface shows double the % of the various animals signs that you have actually collected, the game freezes (timers, countdowns, harvests etc.) and you have to reload the game so that it can function properly once again.

All in all, you seem to be right where you left off just before the new day of the event began.

Ohh okay, I didn't know it showed double the percent, I thought the game was glitching when it froze like that. Thanks for the help.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Quick question, during the fireworks when one is frantically collecting chips, and those wonderful rewards keep popping up, and instead of clicking "i accept" or "i want this" or whatever it says, you click on the red cross, because you know... wanna save time.. do you still get the rewards by not accepting or do they somehow fall through? (did not note how many special feed i had before etc)

Oh and for the next year when i hope this event will return, please PLEASE add a button to skip the spinning of the wheel! 
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499

The descriptions are not clear...that is what is clear to me about this chinese new years event...it is absolutely a ridiculous event, as it is not reasonable to expect this much play for a little bit more of happiness...that you have to get 100% of a particular zodiac sign, which is a mathematically unlikely outcome unless one plays 24 hours a day, just to get a little new feature and bit more of happiness added is clearly absurd to anyone with a logical mind.  The demands of this event are non-sensical, and its descriptions are not clear, and if you think they are clear it is because you're not intelligent enough to see how open to interpretation this event is.

For example, it is not clear whether these 100,000 dollar boosters are worth buying. I have purchased the dollar boosters but it is not clear whether I am getting more in total zodiac chips collected with the boosters than not with the boosters.  It says 50% of zodiac chips you collect during the next ? random number of harvests will belong to one specific sign, but it is not clear whether in total you'll collect more zodiac chips during those harvests, whether there really is a BOOST by 50% to the selected zodiac sign without a cost to the others, or whether you simply collect more of that specific zodiac sign, but fewer of others.  If the total you get from the boosted harvests is no higher than the total you get without boosters for the same harvests, then that "BOOSTER" is a ridiculous joke and not worth spending on...
    The event's written descriptions need to be more clear...the descriptions are a joke, because THEY LEAVE THE MEANING TOO OPEN TO INTERPRETATION -- that is what it means they are unclear...
    Hey, it's always fun when somebody who doesn't know questions the inteligence of the one who does know. :) I agree that the wording here is not the best one. It probably got messed up in translation from German.

You learn that the booster increases the amount of chips on the first event screen bottom left under "Zodiac boosters".

What they mean by the description you quote is this:

On normal operation you get one set of chips upon harvest. On operation with booster you get two sets of chip upon harvest. One of random, one of boosted.
    Example: from chicken you get 7 random chips without booster, or 7 random plus 7 boosted with booster active.
    In other words you get twice as many with booster, and half of the total are of specific type. :)

So although it is a bit messy wording, I can still see the meaning of it and check it against actual performance. There might be more to it still, this is just basics of this functionality, as I didn't bother with every tiny detail. And you know how GGS loves their little secrets. :)

Regarding inteligence it's about how we use it. We can "attack" imprecise wording as you do, and your criticism is correct. Or we can combine inteligence with common sense and wisdom, incorporate the fact that we are working in multilingual environment where not everybody's English is perfect, and get some understanding of what the author wanted to say and how the feature actually works. Well, I still understand how it works, and you're welcome to call it a lack of inteligence if it somehow pleases you. :)

NOTE: I'm a very casual player, and I'm quite likely to get about 4 signs to 100 %. So not sure where you get your math from as my reality proves that false. Othervise I do agree that for total success you probably need to have permanent adress at BF and some gold reserves on top of that. :) And twice a day loggers for 30 mins will really get nowhere. They definitelly are not the targeted group here. :)
  • It is day 4 of 15. My tiger is 58% done, and I won the #20 reward tiger flag, after spending nearly 2 million dollars on 100,000 dollar boosters, spent about 1000 gold on tiger boosts, and used rise seeds and rose seeds that I had stocked up.

http://snag.gy/yUuxh.jpg

• I  haven 't had any video/ads for the last two days now . my and me we help one another out so tonight I had to play on mom game and she only got three video but they didn't pay  out at all the rest of the videos wouldn't load at all. moms is donna dargatz farm.

Sign In to comment.