Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chinese New Year Event

Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
edited 25.01.2017 in Most Discussed Topics
Last year Chinese New Year was great.  Please do not fiddle with it too much.  Only change may be adding VHP somehow. 

PLEASE DO NOT BREAK CYN EVENT

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Hey - I got my zodiac sign cards up to between 5% (pig) - 37% (tiger) done yesterday before logging out and today they are down to 3% (pig) - 20% (tiger) done........ WHAT?!?!??!??!??!!??? how could I LOSE points overnight??? That is so totally bogus!!!! :((((((( NOT FAIR AT ALL!!!!! Why are we losing percentages of cards collected overnight???? that makes no sense!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hey there Tiggergirl I'm not sure why you would be loosing % of your zodiac signs. I know today only the Rat zodiac signs will count.
  • Hey there Tiggergirl I'm not sure why you would be loosing % of your zodiac signs. I know today only the Rat zodiac signs will count.

yeah - I know that only the rat cards count today... but this is the total count towards each card... yesterday when I logged out I checked the percentages - my lowest one was the pig at 5% and my highest one was the tiger at 37%... when I logged on this am my pig was at 3% and my tiger was at 20% - that is a HUGE loss.... not real happy about it since I worked my tail off for that yesterday.... but can't really do anything about it - since GGS "holds all the cards" LOL :disappointed: 
    You are right that does seem strange. Have you sent in a report to support about this issue?
  • You are right that does seem strange. Have you sent in a report to support about this issue?

I am working on the right wording (lol) I don't want to be rude about it, but it is very discouraging.... 37% down to 20% is almost half... and knowing support they'll want a picture of the issue - lol you can't get a picture of the percentages and of course I who'da thunk i'd need one? lol  anyways... yeah I am working on that - thanks DataKing :)  there are others in my coop that have noticed the same thing on their card percentages... so just watch yours too.....
    Thanks TiggerGirl I will ;)  sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully they can get this fixed very soon. Yes I know they would prefer pictures but you seem to have a way with words so I bet you could describe the problem well enough for them to understand.  :)
  • It happened to me too.  Not only that but today my collecting is not even registering.  Stupid game.  Sending any ticket in is worthless. Still haven't received any communication from the one I sent in last September when GGS stole 990 gold from me.
    It happened to me too.  Not only that but today my collecting is not even registering.  Stupid game.  Sending any ticket in is worthless. Still haven't received any communication from the one I sent in last September when GGS stole 990 gold from me.
    Keep after them do not give up if you got a confirmation email use that & send them a reminder every week!! 
  • Thanks TiggerGirl I will ;)  sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully they can get this fixed very soon. Yes I know they would prefer pictures but you seem to have a way with words so I bet you could describe the problem well enough for them to understand.  :)

Thank you DataKing -I hope so! LOL
  • My percentages mysteriously doubled yesterday, then when I logged on again, they had gone back down. Maybe a display glitch?

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    My percentages mysteriously doubled yesterday, then when I logged on again, they had gone back down. Maybe a display glitch?

That happened to me too, just as the fireworks showed up, then my screen froze. When I reloaded it was back to the original numbers

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    oh you optimist. :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Yeah I agree....Chinese New year event is BY FAR my favourite. I wouldnt even touch it, dont change anything about it at all.
  • :D Hear! Hear!  I second the motion.  Anyone else want to carry the motion?
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well I will be doing a pass if the deco is as ugly as the last one never have used it  too darn ugly although I liked the event otherwise.
  • Last year Chinese New Year was great.  Please do not fiddle with it too much.  Only change may be adding VHP somehow. 

PLEASE DO NOT BREAK CYN EVENT

They will have to change it a bit cos its the year of the Rooster not the Monkey.... Yay! big fire Rooster deco!!
  • As long as that is only change.  I love my fire monkey
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    edited 14.01.2017
    A Fire Rooster has been added to the top level of the Decoration Tower for this year's Chinese New Year event :)
  • Hi Fellow Big Farm Gamers,

It is 2:05am and I have already managed to get the maximum award 20/20 for the Chinese New Year event, I have many zodiacs up to 25% am I love the events and so far all have been really enjoyable, however this one goes on for 14 days and unless I am missing something I can complete this within one day (if I had the energy to stay up) so maybe it needs an add on of some kind, if not I will be really bored for the next two weeks. However it is not lost on me that I don't understand things straight off and I may be misunderstanding the event. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks everyone.

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    they said they made it a little easier this year but last year i got all 20 prizes for all but i think 3 days i only got to like prize 18 and did not get all the circles done so ended up with a 7x7 with a happiness of 90 which is useless to me and that was with me buying a lot of boosters but i do not think i can buy as many boosters seeing how it costs 4x as much this time as last so you might change your mind on how easy you think it is about half way through but just my opion
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 21.01.2017
    DAY 1: Just SIX HOURS into the event, my daily tasks for fishing / activate machines / play a mission have arrived... and with it "activity challenge" has gone onto DAY 2: collect RAT chips... despite the clock for "time until next challenge" is still counting down with 18 hours remaining.
    Seems like they don't synchronize.

Anyone else seeing this???

** I originally posted this as a separate thread in Technical Help, why was it merged here ??? **
    Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on
  • @safk001 (GB1) Each day there is a new activity challenge with 20 rewards, so you would not be able to complete those in advance, but if you have already colllected 100% of an animal, to earn its deco part or whatever, you can still continue to collect chips for that one to increase the final decos happiness. At least thats how it worked last year if I recall correctly.

@Seeker1 (US1) That always happens to players on US1 (and sometimes on AU1) for events that have a daily reset. Instead of resetting to the next day at midnight CET, your days reset at midnight CST, so you are always 18 hours ahead of everyone else & you get a shorter 1st day & longer last day... No idea why & no idea why the same started to happen for AU1 in the hunting events, but didn`t seem to happen in the Santa event..... Tis' a Twilight Zone mystery!
  • safk001 ..I agree with you that this event seems easy ... but on the first day you will need to harvest and produce to collect all chips to get the rewards .. day two is to collect all , but only the rat chips will earn you the rewards ..I will assume that the next 12 days will be a different animal to earn the rewards from.  Then on the last day ..who knows ... my first NEW YEAR event .. ..the first challenge took me about 20 min as I came online just in time for the 15 min booster ... so one complete harvest got me through it .... been working on the rat challenge for a few hours now ... have 112% on the ring but still have 4 rewards to earn ..so a couple more hours I'm guessing ... but good luck to you ... have fun .... and don't let the game fool you into submission
  • Not everybody play's all day.

So adding a new feature to the event would only benefit the fast players and the people who are spending gold.

And i am not spending any gold to such events, because the ones that make the deco are still at 1% and the others are already in the 20-30%.

So, fix that first ( make an even distribution of cards). Than others extra's please

Harmsen

• You need 7% in a day per animal.15 day's times 7 is 105%.

If it is this tempo of card-collecting, i won't even get to 20% of most animals in 15 day's.

It ends up in a deco of about 50-60 points, but 7x7. So it's not better than the ussualy deco's from events.

• Does anyone know if there is a sound effect for the firework start?
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    Does anyone know if the fireworks will only be at certain times? A co-op friend of mine has informed me that we had 2 lots near the start of the event, but as that was in the early hours here in the UK, I missed them both. But apparently there have been no more for about 8 hours now !
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    4 hours here so far.......still trying to figure out how GGS can claim the balancing has made things easier for us. All I see is a more expensive booster and 3 zodiac animals that are a lot harder to get to 100% than last year. Don't get me wrong, I love this event but is lying to the customer really necessary?
  • sadegh6383 (INT1)sadegh6383 (INT1) Posts: 16
    edited 21.01.2017
    Last year, although it was hard, it was possible to finish collecting all animal zodiac chips in time by spinng the booster and get a good decoration, but now it is nearly impossible for non-gold users to finish collecting needed zodiac chips in time. Last year, 100, 000$ was needed for every spin, while it is 1 million for me now and it's useless. I hope Bigfarm lowers the price to ,for example, 200,000$  per spin for someone with my level .
  • I've seen no fireworks since 8am here @lthrrr (GB1)
    Don't dare to touch my farm so hope it will be real soon now.
Sign In to comment.