Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 3rd - Too late for New Year's Eve? - Discussion

Comments

• The boosters are random for farm dollars but if you use gold then you can select which booster you want there had to be a gold spend in here somewhere I wonder how much more you get if you use gold?
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 08.02.2016
    question: can anyone see where is the total of each chip we collected so far? 
    I got 1% beside each zodiac chip atm, but not an exact number.
    If you hover your mouse on the rat it will give you the a number and then on the bar a different number not sure how it is working them out currently.
    When I hover over the rat it says smiley 12 (i assume thats the final monkey decoration happiness) horse 16, ox 16, but i have definitely collected more than 16 etc
    and at the bottom it just says progress 1% for all chips in my case.
    Where do you see the number chips collected?

Edit: oh i understand the 12 now: atm my happiness is 10, and hovering over rat it say +2 if completed, hence 12. And horse and ox each say +6 when completed.
    However I still havent found where i see how many chips are needed to complete/collected so far..
  • I don't think there is a way to know the number collected from what I can see so far only the %.

edited 08.02.2016
    Thanks @Te Aroha (AU1)
     Just noticed as % increases, the circular space fills up, eg tiger i have at 3% 

Btw watch out, you know how it offers to "replace" a spin, I thought you could spin again without paying, but no, repeating a spin to replace previous WILL deduct 100k dollars again! :S 

Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Ok, it's late, just got back from a bar watching the superbowl with too much beer.  Thought I'd do a nice easy quick harvest before bed, and WTH??????   This new event as USUAL has no explanations, no clue what the hell is going on, I have to try and figure this nonsense out in the forums because the programers here never want to include any form of explanation as to how something works or what the blazes I'd even want to do it for.   (Still don't quite understand the whole horse thing and that's been going for some time now)

So two simple questions and I;ll come back, in the morning.   
    1.  Is this a coop thing?  or something I can ignore without hurting my team.
    2.  WHY do I want to rip out my hair trying to figure out what this is and how it works?   Just for some oversized decor I have no room for anyway?   (can't even SEE what the reward is. Or IF I even want it.)   Or are there other perks along the way?   (Sometimes there are, seaweed, special fert, gold... yea I'll rip out some hair to get those.)

Thanks,
    g'night.
  • Thanks @Te Aroha (AU1)
     Just noticed as % increases, the circular space fills up, eg tiger i have at 3% 

Btw watch out, you know how it offers to "replace" a spin, I thought you could spin again without paying, but no, repeating a spin to replace previous WILL deduct 100k dollars again! :S 

Yes that's what I meant but hard to explain. thanks for posting the picture makes it easier for others to understand now.
  • I am little bit confused about this daily activity challenge, how much is the target to collect daily; is it that 20 rewards like HWe?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    One thing that we need: the ability to skip the animation on the CNY bonus wheel (like on Wheel of Fortune).  It is just way too slow.
    Are the start times of the fireworks completely random?

And

Is the length always the same?
  • If I understand this correctly you need to collect a certain amount of each of the 12 zodiac tiles, each unlocks a feature. Is it safe to assume that if you have collected enough of a tile lets say "Tiger" and that part has now been unlocked that you will no longer get "Tiger" tiles on your farm or in the booster wheel
    or will you simply be collecting worthless tiles once you have completed a type?
  • @bdreish (GB1)  I reckon John is prolly right, the silo, mill & composter would count each one as a harvest, so if you max them out to do multiple productions at one time, its still gonna count them individually. I had a 6 goat booster & that seemed to disappear in one click too, I don`t think I will bother with boosters anymore.
    If you have a booster that works 6x, and you harvest a load from the silo, windmill or composter, it only works on the first 6 items.  Is this meant to be the case?
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Right now, for me, the 3 most powerful upgrades (snake dog and pig) are all at 1% while the rest of the animals are all at 3-4%.  I don't know if that's just a coincidence, or they have a lower drop rate, or they require more chips than the other animals or what.  But this begs the question, what happens when I get 100% of an animal?  Do those chips stop dropping, and the game will only give me chips that I don't have finished?  And will those animals get removed from the booster wheel as well?
    The price of the boosters is way too high.  It is not going to be usable by most players.  I am ranked 28th, and I find too expensive.  The price should be cut by at least a factor or 4 (i.e. 25000 or lower).  At 25000, it would still have cost me over 1.2 million for the last two hours.  A small or medium sized farm simply cannot afford this.  And I can already tell that the drop rates are going to require boosters to be successful.
    Perhaps the booster could be for 20x, 30x, 40x, etc.  This would help fix that problem.  It is way too cumbersome at the moment.
  • Fields, Orchards, Cows, Pigs seem to count as 1 harvest. Silo didn't notice as I had only spun a *1. Windmill I 'lost' a *10 (at least it was cow feed), but assumed it was a bug - booster wiped out by gaining 1st reward at the same time - not planning to use any more atm
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I am dropping  gifts from finished Valentines event,tokens from Chinese event and cards from Asia event, plus dung, collectables .If I am injured , my insurance  won't cover it lol its way to much
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    @RunsWivScissors and @ziggy- I don't plan on using any more boosters either.  My farm cash would soon be wiped out if I did buy, and with so many upgrades still needing to be done on the farm I am not particularly bothered about any potential extra chips.
  • Norge (GB1)Norge (GB1) GB1 Posts: 90
    Hi,
    sad but it is a scam...
    and you know it :)

Wheel of scam :D 
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    @McFeisty (US1) We know the video feature is still quite buggy, and we are working to find a solution. There were some changes, but there are still some issues obviously.

-Popeye
    So two simple questions and I;ll come back, in the morning.   
    1.  Is this a coop thing?  or something I can ignore without hurting my team.
    2.  WHY do I want to rip out my hair trying to figure out what this is and how it works?   Just for some oversized decor I have no room for anyway?   (can't even SEE what the reward is. Or IF I even want it.)   Or are there other perks along the way?   (Sometimes there are, seaweed, special fert, gold... yea I'll rip out some hair to get those.)
    1) no this is not a coop thing, just an individual one.
    2) by completing both dog and pig chips 100%, your  monkey dec will shrink from 7x7 to 5x5.
    yes small perks, activity rewards of the usual seaweed, fertiliser do drop in along the way by simply harvesting main farm.
    I am little bit confused about this daily activity challenge, how much is the target to collect daily; is it that 20 rewards like HWe?
    Yes, today's challenge is a max of 20 rewards
    One thing that we need: the ability to skip the animation on the CNY bonus wheel (like on Wheel of Fortune).  It is just way too slow.
    (...) The price of the boosters is way too high
    Agree to both!  Together with the candyfarm im as broke as can be. :D 
    Fireworks boosters seem to appear randomly, I havent seen one yet so I dont know if they vary in time.

(...) question, what happens when I get 100% of an animal?  Do those chips stop dropping, and the game will only give me chips that I don't have finished?  And will those animals get removed from the booster wheel as well?
    Very good questions, I'd be very interested in an answer as well :) 
    The price of the boosters clearly must be changed.  I have spent over 5 million on boosters since it began and I have NOT used them constantly  These are completely out of reach for mid sized farms.
    What is the maximum happiness that the deco can achieve?
  • Not sure when this change was made but I really like the updated version of the harvest icons where only one icon is displayed (with total harvested number). This is much better than the previous 'donut effect' where so many icons appeared that it overlapped into a giant circle - with no way to tell the total number of items you'd earned.

• What is the maximum happiness that the deco can achieve?

everything 100% achieved means a deco of 130 happiness and 5x5

However I doubt if that's achievable

• Farmer Jo Jo (US1)Farmer Jo Jo (US1) Posts: 112
    edited 08.02.2016
    What is the "Time Until Next Challenge"  timer in the Activity Challenge section of the Zodiac event?  

nevermind...I get it now that I asked.  LOL 

That represents the end of the "Day."  Right?

edited 08.02.2016
    What is the maximum happiness that the deco can achieve?
    Just hover your mouse over all zodiac chips, it'll tell you, add them all up.

Doing nothing= basic dec= happiness10, 7x7 

completing 100% chips: rat +2, ox/eq/goat +6 each, monkey/rooster +10 each, tiger+14, rabbit/dragon+18, snake+30,
    so if my maths is right, max happiness is 10+2+6+6+6+10+10+14+18+18+30= 130 
    please do correct me if i missed something.
    and imo collecting dog and pig is most important, because they reduce size from 6x6 to 5x5

After that, the builderparts woman whats-her-name can improve happiness (I would assume)

I agree the boosters are quite expensive, I personally will use only the dollar booster before harvesting cherrys and cows, as imho they give the most with 2x40ish chips.

Edit: Cheers @loop (NL1)  I just saw you already posted the answer while I was writing mine :wink: 
    Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 08.02.2016
    I had a fireworks event and it showes as a timer like the exp points  time booster, under the options or happiness bar, mine was for 6 min, i did not see any fireworks, but i dont have animations on. if that helps anyone. 
  • I understand that the goal of GGS is to make money; but, not providing options for those of us who won't, don't, and/or can't buy gold is extremely unfair.

The booster game for the Chinese New Year limits the ability of non-gold buyers to take advantage of opportunities to fully participate. 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Do we have to complete each zodiac animal before we get the deco or do we get it for just taking part?
Sign In to comment.