Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 3rd - Too late for New Year's Eve? - Discussion

Comments

• Thank you Popeye for letting us all know about the upcoming EVENTS! :)
  • CM Popeye said:
    Hey farmers, There has been a change in the way we are doing things, so I am super happy to let you all know that the New Years event will begin on the 8th of February, and the Valentines event will start up on the 5th. Can you feel it coming in the air tonight;)

-Popeye
    Thanks Popeye!   What time on those days?  Would be helpful to know so we can all make adjustments for our individual time zones.  

• YES!  Just what I was waiting for....... a chance to spend 89,000 gold on a deco.

NO!  How totally absurd!  This is what worries many of us lately........a sense that people running the game are completely unhinged from reality.  In what way does this make any sense whatsoever?  No matter how disappointed that I was with certain recent events, if someone had asked me yesterday, if thought there would be an offer to spend 89,000 on a deco this morning, I would have said no.  I would never have believed it.  It is just stunning.  I still cannot believe it.

NOTE:  Be sure to notice that it is 89,000 gold "on sale."  That is the "sale" price.  As a reference point, it costs 50 US dollars to buy 61,000 gold.
    @CM Latten  I agree, over $50.00 for a deco is way too much!!!!!  Is this an error?  Please comment.

I have seen the 5x on other Offers of the month too, which was confusing to me because I thought it might be for buying 5 decos rather than just one, but someone posted that it means that you can buy 1 deco 5 times in the month.  Would be nice if they would just put something like Limit 5 x instead to be less confusing.  
  • CM Popeye said:
    Hey farmers, There has been a change in the way we are doing things, so I am super happy to let you all know that the New Years event will begin on the 8th of February, and the Valentines event will start up on the 5th. Can you feel it coming in the air tonight;)

-Popeye
    Thanks Popeye!   What time on those days?  Would be helpful to know so we can all make adjustments for our individual time zones.  
    Either midnight EST or 4am EST. My guess because they are hiding balloons, it'll be midnight EST. 
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a gumball machine decoration from voucher trader and just improve its happiness value with landscape designer? You get your 2*2 decoration to happiness 24 and save 50+ real dollars. GGS offers still have me scratching my head at times, why anyone would take their latest one is beyond me.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @CM Latten  I agree, over $50.00 for a deco is way too much!!!!!  Is this an error?  Please comment.
    Of course it is an error Crafty. The intentional one. :) They just forgot to include multiple choice form as it is a part of GGS inteligence test.
    • a) Thank you very much
    • b) That's what I've been waiting for all my life
    • c) Just hold on, running to my bank to get funds.
    • d) Give me a break you buskers!
    Now all you need to do is just pick the correct answer. If you have good results, there will sure be some sweet reward like cookies drop on Valentine event or something. :)

• I can't see that the bug re the videos has been fixed, as per this week's update. I'm still getting a message on one in particular that just says 'sorry this video cannot be displayed', it gives you 2 attempts to view it and that's it, so you're not able to get the full quota of video rewards for the day :(
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 05.02.2016
    So have balloons hidden all over farm background in 10 day hunt and cards, candy and roses dropping on main farm,which I hope stops once finished ,last time continued ,I was after setting up fun fair,so if does continue will set up gift shop.  <3<3<3
    Post edited by Lesley52 (GB1) on
  • @Michiru (GB1)   I am going to swipe your monkey and put him in the Smile:) thread :)
  • Nemej (CZ1)Nemej (CZ1) Posts: 220
    i am the stupid one who saw 5x lightchains and bought "5x" for 10k golds. 
    now i must say this lesson was cheaper than lost 89k golds for "5x" scarecrow 

ok we should read better and buy wisely, but..i don´t think it is fair offer - all i see is Buy 5x scarecrow and this scarecrow is x1 = 1piece, so 5x1=5 
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 05.02.2016
    @Michiru (GB1)   I am going to swipe your monkey and put him in the Smile:) thread :)
    heheh sure, ok!

(...)ok we should read better and buy wisely, but..i don´t think it is fair offer - all i see is Buy 5x scarecrow and this scarecrow is x1 = 1piece, so 5x1=5 
    You are not the only one... exact same thing happened to me with the 8k cherrytree.... i thought to myself, well how nice, 5 trees for 8k? I'll take that.... *kicking myself for days after*
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    now i must say this lesson was cheaper than lost 89k golds for "5x" scarecrow 

ok we should read better and buy wisely, but..i don´t think it is fair offer - all i see is Buy 5x scarecrow and this scarecrow is x1 = 1piece, so 5x1=5 
    We can read better as you say and I've never done such a mistake as I consider GGS gold prices beyond rediculous. But what they do here is a marketing trick - give you misleading info in bold print on front side and full info in small prnt on the flip side. Effectively the info is tylored in such a way as to trick people into buying. That's one of the marketing ways which is not completely illegal yet probably, but still considered dirty by majority of persons with good ethical values. If anything like that happened in a stone shop most places you'd be refunded uppon a complaint without any big issues. Well, not so here. Here the customer always pays for not being on their guard against GGS tricks every second of playing. Might very well serve the wisdom lesson and make people ask any time before they do something new "How is GGS trying to trick me this time?" :)

Btw that Valentine thingy is so girlish childish pinkish it hurts my eyes and aesthetics when I open it. :)
  • HBI2 (US1)HBI2 (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    will this be a coop event or individual
  • Valentines Day Event started at 9PM PST last night, which is midnight GGS time.  So like the other hunts, new balloons will come out at 9PM PST each night.  The last day on prior hunts is always short some hours, so watch for the same at the end of this hunt. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Thanks Craftycritters awesome tip  ;) I have noticed that it is usually about 6 to 8 hours short of a full day.
  • Really excited for New Years event. The deco looks cute and would look great on my main farm which is mainly Asian themed.
  • Hi, my valentine's day event has started but not the Chinese New Year Event. I am very excited about the Chinese New Year Event, so can anyone please tell me when does that event start? I want to be on top of that event when it happens. And can anyone please get rid of the snow.....Spring is coming! Yay! 

I am a Rooster! Yippee! And did I mention, I am so excited and can't wait for the Chinese New Year Event to start? 

• none of us in our co-op can see or do anything with this Chinese New Year, was it not available for everyone? We're into the Valentine's one now, just finished the camping one.
  • Hi, my valentine's day event has started but not the Chinese New Year Event. I am very excited about the Chinese New Year Event, so can anyone please tell me when does that event start? I want to be on top of that event when it happens. And can anyone please get rid of the snow.....Spring is coming! Yay! 

I am a Rooster! Yippee! And did I mention, I am so excited and can't wait for the Chinese New Year Event to start? 

none of us can see it either
  • CM Popeye said:

-Popeye
    You guys can't see it because it hasn't started yet.
  • McFeisty (US1)McFeisty (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    Has the new code been applied yet? The code that supposedly 'fixed' the videos?

• I can confirm that the collectibles still pop up all over even after the main task is done for the Valentine's event, just like the last one.
    I hope there's another update for the Chinese New Year event, and this gets fixed with that. All that pink is seriously messing with my brain cell count. Please make it stop!!
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 08.02.2016
    Can anyone out there please explain how the boosters are supposed to work?  I bought a cash booster and got a rat booster which was supposed to be active for 10 harvests. However after only collecting from the silo I had no boosters active.  This was as I said just a cash purchase, but if this is happening when you use gold to purchase a booster then it is not very good.
  • I got a dragon booster for 3 harvests and the dragon chips did appear 3 times from the fields, no more. Haven't tried on the production yet.
    In any case, although it is cash, 100,000 is quite a lot for a few chips.
    I cant work out if it is for 10 harvests from fields - ie 10 fields equals 10 boosters - or 10 harvests, where you would get 100 fields harvested.  Either way, the booster should have still been active after only one harvest from the silo.  I wont be using any more cash on this, I could use it more beneficially in upgrades. 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    If 10 fields = 10 boosters perhaps 10 lots of 10 fertilizer also = 10 boosters.
    If 10 fields = 10 boosters perhaps 10 lots of 10 fertilizer also = 10 boosters.

It could be that, but it does seem a bit mean to advertise something as being active for 10 harvests but is really only active for 1 harvest.  Wish things were explained a bit clearer.  It would cost an excessive amount of cash/gold for the boosters to make any significant difference to the outcome I think.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 09.02.2016
    Yeayy the zodiac event has arrived!! Now then.... Mmm boosters are a little confusing.. will keep editing.
    What I could find out so far: playing (random ie dollar) booster not only ensures said chip popping up for determined number of harvests, but also doubles your number of total chips per harvest. 

sunflower 2x70
    corn with booster 2x4/2x2 no booster 1x4
    special corn with booster 2x9
    wheat with booster 2x36/24
    special cabbage with booster 2x31
    magic beans 2x44
    rice 2x36/2x55

egg with booster 2x7/ 2x3 .. without booster 1x7
    apple with booster 2x25,/ 2x19 , without booster 1x19
    cherries with booster 2x49
    pigs with booster 2x9/2x16
    cows with booster 2x31,(2x44), no booster 1x31

questions: can anyone see where is the total of each chip we collected so far? 
    I got 1% beside each zodiac chip atm, but not an exact number. 
    - happiness is not increasing so far, remains 10 (A.: wont change until at least one chip reaches 100%)
    - cant really see my progress here, except im at stage 2 of activity rewards..
    - where do i see the 50% /100% per day which is supposed to reward flags? Where do i see the zodiac chip of the day?
    ah, kinda managed to answer latest question (from official announcements):
    All activity rewards will change on a daily basis, and each day will be themed after one zodiac animal (except for days with decoration rewards instead of flags, which will offer random zodiac types. These days will offer a themed decoration reward instead of flags, and all collected chips will help you achieving this task.
    Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • Te Aroha (AU1)Te Aroha (AU1) Posts: 129
    edited 08.02.2016
    Yeayy the zodiac event has arrived!! Now then.... Mmm boosters are a little confusing.. will keep editing.
    What I could find out so far: playing (random) booster not only increases your chance of said chip, but also doubles your number of chips per harvest. 

sunflower 2x70
    corn 2x4/2x2 no booster 1x4

egg with booster 2x7/ 2x3 .. without booster 1x7
    apple with booster 2x25,/ 2x19 , without booster 1x19
    pigs with booster 2x9
    cows with booster 2x31,(2x44), no booster 1x31

question: can anyone see where is the total of each chip we collected so far? 
    I got 1% beside each zodiac chip atm, but not an exact number.
    If you hover your mouse on the rat it will give you the a number and then on the bar a different number not sure how it is working them out currently.
  • From the drop rate of the zodiac chips, it seem very difficult to go to Reward 20 which is a decoration.
    Even using boosters won't help. What is the point of spending 100,000 and get perhaps 3 more snake chips?
Sign In to comment.