Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Cats

Comments

• I posted the same about having a cat. Who ever heard of a farm without a cat? All farms in the USA have them. They keep the rodents away and therefore disease. Rescues actually solicit farmers to take on more cats. Best home for and abandoned or feral cat. I would also like to see mini games to earn friendship coins or karma points maybe parts for the architect.
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179
    edited 27.11.2015
    Maybe GGS thinks cats and dogs can't get along or live together but I say they can and here is proof:

Farm with Dog and Cat Stock Vector - 8444467 all are farm animals can live in harmony:

barn cat farm animal cartoon collection Give us a barn cat our pups will accept them with wagging tails!

>:)        

• There should totally be a barn cat! I think the farm could use a one. It could also add happiness to the farm, as a extra bonus!
  • I love our farm dogs & love to give 'em belly rubs. Can our cats be interactive too? Could we switch our mouse arrow to a red laser & have our cats chase the red spot all over the farm??? Please, please, please.....? PRETTY PLEASE??? That's practically a whole new game!

On a related topic, I learned a new word the other day & for some reason it just made me laugh. Thought I would share  :smiley: 

Catillate: (Cat-ill-ayt) verb - To lick dishes

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 01.01.2016
    After reading most of the comments here about introducing a "Barn Cat" to the game. I agree. Having been brought up on a farm, we always had cats around to help get rid of the mice and rats eating the feed.
    So Yes please add a cat !!
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on
  • Yes to cats........maybe a calico...

• They reason why I really want a "Barn Cat" is that it seems unfair (in my OPINION) that there is a dog and not a cat. Sure the dog is (apparentally) more loved than cats but they are the two most popular pets known (which i mean in the United States) in fact it doesnt have to be a cat maybe a bird or a rabbit......
    Also... every farm i know of has a cat...mostly just to fight off rodents that carry disease or eat your crops. If you bring in the cat please have interactions with it like the dog... but how you feed it is by telling it to go catch a mouse or something....
  • it should not be expensive maybe around 100-200 dollars.i would say 3 cat max. should raise happiness levels by 5-10 for each cat.dont need to be fed (barn mice). i would recomend short-hair. fur color varies from black to brown to calico.
  • They need to have the barn cat on the Flower Farm....they can live in a little tower...2x2, so that it fits in those little gaps we all have....as the tower gets higher (upgrades) you get kittens who will grow into cats.  Kittens can be sold.  Once kittens grow up you need to build them their own tower...that costs gold (of course).  [1st one is green backs, subsequent ones are gold]  If a cat is not fed, or given it's own home it runs away & your happiness that you gained by having the cat goes down.  Feed for them should be rodents & snakes & lizards that you collect while harvesting your fields & orchards.  Without cats, the rodents become a problem & your fields & stuff will need repairing...or an exterminator, which will cost money.
  • A yellow Tom would be nice but I'm not picky.  I've been wondering for a year now why we don't have a cat on any of the farms and a dog on only one.  I would like several cats and dogs. Pretty please with sugar on top and a cherry?????
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    there might or might not have been talks about a cat
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    CM Latten said:
    there might or might not have been talks about a cat
    (i think this means we are going to have a CAT, sooner or later......)

Finally !!!!! Great news Latten, Thank you.
  • What, what? A Cat? Really? We gettings a Cat?
    Woohoo so citing, where is cat? show me, IS IT FLUFFFYYYY!!! photo Spongebob_zpsba2a8721gif

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Be aware of the fact that Latten said almost exactly the same more than a year ago!  :|  So don't held up your hopes too high! 

See this: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/824440/#Comment_824440

They must know by now how much we all want to have a cat ....
      :p
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 04.02.2016
                                                                       ;)
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
    Haha, good one @farmerjohn 22 (US1) .

How about a this cat? 

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    It would be nice to see our own cats prowling farm but my cat Toffee is like myself a city girl and would not like getting paws muddy
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Yeayy cat and dog watching the farm! Who'll do the better job I wonder... :D  

Yeayy cat and dog watching the farm! Who'll do the better job I wonder... :D  

FAIL! :D

Chickens... Birds.... No thanks, not for me
    Can i have a mouse please?

• I a crazy person for cats. (i have two and one is my proville picture.) i would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE a barn cat. the thing that i woulden't want is for our little kittes is to cath rodents. yha, there is barn cats that do that but they get sick. i think that the cat AND the dog schould give the workers happeyness.
    so that's what i think.
  • ABSOLUTELY!! What decent farm doesn't have a barn cat or two !!!  I vote YES!!!!!!
  • Will ask each of my co-op members what they think and will post the results ASAP!!! I agree with
    Tboneporkchop-- " keep posting-- don't let this die"
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I find it very disturbing all you posters here  yeah lets have a cat but we don't want to have to feed it.  Not sure I would like you people in real life.  This mentality is why we are overcrowded at humane shelters. Cats need fed, brushed, taken to the vet and spayed or neutered. Would like to set these people in the woods and let them find their own food for a month. This may be a game but it also lets the world see into your mindset!
    edited 19.02.2016
    I find it very disturbing all you posters here  yeah lets have a cat but we don't want to have to feed it.  Not sure I would like you people in real life.  This mentality is why we are overcrowded at humane shelters. Cats need fed, brushed, taken to the vet and spayed or neutered. Would like to set these people in the woods and let them find their own food for a month. This may be a game but it also lets the world see into your mindset!
      Just because the players want a cat on their farm doesn't mean they're cruel to animals, Damaria. Do you have a horse ranch on your farm? Yes?  What do you feed your horses?  :)
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    CM Latten has posted information regarding questions to the developers and one was regarding a "cat". 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/119291/questions-to-the-devs-and-answers
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    CM Latten has posted information regarding questions to the developers and one was regarding a "cat". 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/119291/questions-to-the-devs-and-answers
    And answers a lot of other questions as well :)  Thanks Fawners!  ;)
  • I find it very disturbing all you posters here  yeah lets have a cat but we don't want to have to feed it.  Not sure I would like you people in real life.  This mentality is why we are overcrowded at humane shelters. Cats need fed, brushed, taken to the vet and spayed or neutered. Would like to set these people in the woods and let them find their own food for a month. This may be a game but it also lets the world see into your mindset!
    well excuse me..... I have rescued many a cat in my life time and presently have 5, as well as 3 dogs ( had to put my Dobie down recently), all "fixed" and fed and brushed and loved because some one decided to throw them away......so do not be haste in your judgement of the "mindset" of others my friend.
    ANYWAY ....this animal lover and those in her co-op would like a barn cat because it  would be a nice addition to the game...... just saying....will now read up on info as directed to by Fawners.....TY!!!
This discussion has been closed.